PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell vs Hibs - Player Ratings

The Voice Of Reason
20-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Here goes :-

Brown - 9/10 - did nowt wrong during the game and was excellent in the pen shoot put

Towell - 7/10 - Did well

Murray - 5/10 - Mistake for their 2nd goal, looked a bit off the pace

O'Hanlon - 8/10 - Thought the big lad did well, Higdon is a handful but he held his own

Hanlon - 7/10 - Did better in the 2nd Half, one fantastic tackle in extra time

Wotherspoon - 2/10 - Gave him a 2 only because he scored a Pen. I am sorry, but he contributes nothing. Murder. He won't be a professional footballer once his current contract is up, mark my words

Pallson - 6/10 - Worked hard enough, expected a bit more of him though

Scott - 5.5/10 - Again, worked hard enough, missed great chance, sorry, don't think he is good enough

Sproule - 4/10 - Poor

O'Connor - 9/10 - Worked his socks off, 2 great goals, hope he stays injury free !

Griffiths - 9/10 - Looked really sharp, set up first goal and unlucky not to score himself

Galbraith - 7/10 - Looked good when he came on

Agogo - 5/10 - Kept trying, afraid he looks average at best though

Booth - 5/10 - Did OK, shame he missed the pen

RIP
20-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Sorry to hear about Spoony. Probably the one of the worst players I've seen in a Hibs jersey for some time. Like playing a man down

The Voice Of Reason
20-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Sorry to hear about Spoony. Probably the one of the worst players I've seen in a Hibs jersey for some time. Like playing a man down

Yeah, I just cannot see what he contributes. My mates and I said tonight that it was like playing with 10 men.

Nothing against him personally, but he is just not good enough.....not by a long way.

AK86
20-09-2011, 11:44 PM

Yeah, I just cannot see what he contributes. My mates and I said tonight that it was like playing with 10 men.

Nothing against him personally, but he is just not good enough.....not by a long way.

Mmmmnnn maybe his confidence is shot because because of the stick he gets

Did you guys not see his first 20 games for Hibs? If you didnt see a fitba player in there then you dont know fitba
He is one of the most talented players at ER and his attitude is tremendous. He is getting the charlie adam treatment from the hibs fans because like the huns , some of us wouldnae ken a player if he came up and booted them in the baws
Open your eyes and gie the guy your support FFS

He is asked to played in many different positions, at the drop of a hat. Then dropped, then started, then new position different tactics.
Then steps up and scores in a pen shootout and guffies on here come on and give him stick :confused:

jog on guys, we dont need you :flag:

The Harp Awakes
20-09-2011, 11:46 PM

A bit unfair on the lad I think. There's no doubt DW has been poor for a while now but he has shown in the past that he is a talented player. I think he's lost his way after a promising start in the 1st team and CC should have given him a spell on the sidelines long before now.

Hopefully he can turn his performances around.

Skanko79
21-09-2011, 12:11 AM
I think your comments regarding Spoony are way of the mark. He is never in a million years a right back, plays his best wide on the right imo. he was excellent but overplayed when he came through, probably suffering a confidence crisis a wee bit due to being played blatantly out of position and getting pelters for it from his own so called fans. Give the laddie a break, get someone who at least has half a clue how to manage a football team/bring through youngsters. He was a regular with the scotland u21's up untill this season too. The progress of the likes of Spoony and Booth has came to a shuddering halt because we are being managed by a complete tosspot who has absolutely zero man management skills.

I am delighted we won tonight and by all accounts we put in a good performance, im certainly not getting carried away though as i have lost every confidence in Calderwood.

proud_and_green
21-09-2011, 12:21 AM

Did you guys not see his first 20 games for Hibs? If you didnt see a fitba player in there then you dont know fitba
He is one of the most talented players at ER and his attitude is tremendous. He is getting the charlie adam treatment from the hibs fans because like the huns , some of us wouldnae ken a player if he came up and booted them in the baws

He is asked to played in many different positions, at the drop of a hat. Then dropped, then started, then new position different tactics.
Then steps up and scores in a pen shootout and guffies on here come on and give him stick :confused:

I agree, its a bit like the Fletch treatment all over again. Apparently the worst player to ever grace the hallowed turf at ER.....

I also think, as Skanko says he is better playing from the midfield, some of his best play in the last year has been from there.

Give the laddie a break and get off his back.

I often think it would be interesting if there was a players message board where they could discuss (ahem) the performance of the fans. I suspect they would give some on here a real doing, oh but that would be so unfair. But hang on we are the extra man.... oh really.....

Wotherspiniesta
21-09-2011, 12:21 AM

Well said.

I think a little time coming off the bench will do his confidence a bit of good. He was looking a bit stale at the start of the season, but there's definately a player in there. Most of us were raving about the lad a couple of seasons ago and now he "wont make it as a professional footballer"....get a grip.

Nobody seeing the resemblance of DW and Callum Booth's careers? Young lad, promoted from the 19's makes a great impact as a full back, looks so composed on the ball, scores a goal early in his hibs career, gets a Scotland U-21 call up....results go downhill, makes a few mistakes, people start doubting him as a full back, people call for him to be moved further up the park, or tried in a different position.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised to come on this board in 12 months time and find people saying how playing Callum Booth is like "playing with a man down"

bob12345
21-09-2011, 12:37 AM
I watched more of Hibs during Yogi's first season than in the last 18 months, so have far more positive Spoony displays than negative in the memory. Ultimately he's a creative player with attacking attributes, so if the team isn't playing the ball out wide to feet, and providing good movement up front, he will struggle! If Hibs are winning and dominating games he will do well, but he's not good enough yet to be a player who can change a game by himself.

edinburghhibee
21-09-2011, 01:09 AM

Brown - 9/10 - did nowt wrong during the game and was excellent in the pen shoot put

Towell - 7/10 - Did well

O'Hanlon - 8/10 - Thought the big lad did well, Higdon is a handful but he held his own

Wotherspoon - 2/10 - Gave him a 2 only because he scored a Pen. I am sorry, but he contributes nothing. Murder. He won't be a professional footballer once his current contract is up, mark my words

Scott - 5.5/10 - Again, worked hard enough, missed great chance, sorry, don't think he is good enough

Sproule - 4/10 - Poor

O'Connor - 9/10 - Worked his socks off, 2 great goals, hope he stays injury free !

Griffiths - 9/10 - Looked really sharp, set up first goal and unlucky not to score himself

Opinions Eh?

with regards to your above ratings for Scott and Palsson, I thought Scott was awesome tonight he was up and down that field endless amounts of times and when the ball was in the air he was the only one of the two trying to bring the ball under control. Palsson on the other hand was more concearned about who was going to clatter into him.

Very harsh on spoony also you rated him a 2 yet Sproule, and Murray get higher marks even though Murray was at fault for there second goal and was subbed at half time along with Sproule who i can't recall beating anyone but himself during his time on the park.

Great fight and determination from GOC and LG the night well done the boys we all needed that result.

Calvin
21-09-2011, 03:51 AM
I thought Murray did okay. After 15 minutes I thought that he was going to get slaughtered by Humphries and to an extent, he did. All evening Motherwell tried to exploit this mismatch and Humphries generally had the beating of Murray. However, their man got neither a goal nor an assist so maybe Ian did okay after all.

Was it just me that thought that Humphries was what Sproule should be?

Back to the Hibs ratings, I thought that Hanlon and O'Hanlon both had good games. The amount of block that they were putting in, especially in the first half, was superb. If I ever need a bodyguard to take a bullet for me I'll bear those two in mind.

Griffiths was outstanding. It looked to me like he had been given a free role to exploit any space he could find. That meant him playing on the wing for much of the second half and he gave a great account of himself.

I thought that O'Connor took his goals well but actually his general play wasn't that good today. There were many occasions where the ball came his way and he lost possession, but the two goals obviously more than compensate for that. Massive credit to him for how long he kept going though. I thought he was totally puggled after about 80 minutes but he kept going and pulling out the sprints right to the finish.

I still think we're missing creativity in midfield and our wing backs aren't contributing enough to team moves but a big improvement today overall.

AlbertK86
21-09-2011, 08:19 AM
A bit unfair on the lad I think. There's no doubt DW has been poor for a while now but he has shown in the past that he is a talented player. I think he's lost his way after a promising start in the 1st team and CC should have given him a spell on the sidelines long before now.

Hopefully he can turn his performances around.

Yep the boy was excellent in his first season when he played RB. Maybe we should try him there and put Towell in at LB as we are really struggling there.

Spoony definately has talent but is in dire need of some proper guidance on the pitch.

This would allow Booth to go into midfield where he can create without the massive pressure currently on him when he is at LB. If we keep young Callum at LB he will end up like Spoony where his confidence is going to end up shot to bits and could ruin what looks like being a very promising career.

With the proper guidance and nurturing hopefully both can progress again

Dashing Bob S
21-09-2011, 08:27 AM

I agree with this. Who can forget the sublime piece of skill that left Mikey S on his chorus and verse? Football is a confidence game, and this talented young player's is clearly shot. However, he really has to shake himself up and find the inner strength required to succeed and express himself again in this game. I really hope we're not seeing a repeat of the Louis Stevenson syndrome, where a decent guy has the talent and application, but not the cockiness and swagger to show it off, then turns in on himself and becomes a passenger.

The Voice Of Reason
21-09-2011, 08:37 AM

I saw some of his first 20 games and he did pretty well.

My comments were relating to the game last night. Were you at the game ?!?!? Would love him to come good again, but on current form he would struggle to get a game for a 1st Division team.

As for the jog on we don't need you comment.........relax a bit son :aok:

JimBHibees
21-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Maybe if he was played in one position for a few games he would get back to his best. Thought he did ok tonight and on one or two occasions with a bit more belief might have created something excellent. He is a young kid and needs our support not slating. As for whoever said he is the worst player ever to play for Hibs, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read.

The Voice Of Reason
21-09-2011, 08:46 AM
I agree, its a bit like the Fletch treatment all over again. Apparently the worst player to ever grace the hallowed turf at ER.....

I also think, as Skanko says he is better playing from the midfield, some of his best play in the last year has been from there.

Give the laddie a break and get off his back.
I often think it would be interesting if there was a players message board where they could discuss (ahem) the performance of the fans. I suspect they would give some on here a real doing, oh but that would be so unfair. But hang on we are the extra man.... oh really.....

I am not on his back ! I am posting my opinion on what I saw last night. If the laddie doesn't up his game he will struggle to continue his career as a pro footballer (in my opinion).

Hope he turns it round, at the moment he is a passenger.

Expecting Rain
21-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Maybe if he was played in one position for a few games he would get back to his best. Thought he did ok tonight and on one or two occasions with a bit more belief might have created something excellent. He is a young kid and needs our support not slating. As for whoever said he is the worst player ever to play for Hibs, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read.

Spot on Jim.

Shrekko
21-09-2011, 11:35 AM

The Voice of Reason?

You won't get a job as a football scout once this thread finishes- mark my words.

The Voice Of Reason
21-09-2011, 11:43 AM
The Voice of Reason?

You won't get a job as a football scout once this thread finishes- mark my words.

:faf:

So how would you rate the players based on last night's game ?

Kojock
21-09-2011, 11:56 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBQvgKZL5QQ

Some people have short memories. :aok:

micksoo
21-09-2011, 11:58 AM

Towell - 7/10 - Did well

Sproule - 4/10 - Poor

Got to agree with most of that - Wotherspoon was really poor, lacking confidence or not he needs to improve or should be lefy out. Sproule was very poor but since when is he a left winger - stick him back on the right where he is comfortable. Murray ripped apart and lack of pace badly exposed. Galbraith was excellent but didn't track runners very well - got pelters from CC before getting subbed off at the end of normal time. Brown was excellent. Agree about Griffiths but he should have scored - he was at least twice 1 on 1 with keeper.

The Voice Of Reason
21-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Got to agree with most of that - Wotherspoon was really poor, lacking confidence or not he needs to improve or should be lefy out. Sproule was very poor but since when is he a left winger - stick him back on the right where he is comfortable. Murray ripped apart and lack of pace badly exposed. Galbraith was excellent but didn't track runners very well - got pelters from CC before getting subbed off at the end of normal time. Brown was excellent. Agree about Griffiths but he should have scored - he was at least twice 1 on 1 with keeper.

Aye, I noticed that. I wondered if he had been taken off because of a fall out with CC, but was informed that he was injured (hope it is not a bad one). He certainly did really well when he came on, that is for sure. :agree:

Albion Hibs
21-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Opinions Eh?

with regards to your above ratings for Scott and Palsson, I thought Scott was awesome tonight he was up and down that field endless amounts of times and when the ball was in the air he was the only one of the two trying to bring the ball under control. Palsson on the other hand was more concearned about who was going to clatter into him.

Very harsh on spoony also you rated him a 2 yet Sproule, and Murray get higher marks even though Murray was at fault for there second goal and was subbed at half time along with Sproule who i can't recall beating anyone but himself during his time on the park.

Great fight and determination from GOC and LG the night well done the boys we all needed that result.

You make out like you were at the game, Murray was not subbed at HT.

Albion Hibs
21-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Overall I am giving the team and management 9 out of 10 for the performance, fight and spirit on the night. The support would get a similar mark, but perhaps an 8 for the ridiculous booing at the HT whistle.

Marking individually I would go with,

Brown - 9/10 - Great performance, he seems to have spent the last few months practicing his kicking which was his only real let down. Real tough decision for CC at the weekend.

Towell - 6/10 - Did well despite being at fault for the first goal.

Murray - 6/10 - Mistake for their 2nd goal, but great challange in the 2nd to stop them scoring at third. Toughest shift of the night, but did well against the boy Humphrey.

O'Hanlon - 7/10 - Played well and a crucial challange in ET to stop them scoring, three good performances in a row from the CH's.

Hanlon - 8/10 - Did very well, and a great pen.....was bricking myself when I saw him stepping up.

Wotherspoon - 5/10 - Did not know he was playing after the first 10 mins, then again until he moved to RB. Hopefully the game will have given him some confidence, was lucky not to get done a couple of times on the night, but gave his all.

Palsson - 6/10 - Much better than recent preformances, like our other CM sh£ts out of any challenge that is not in his favour. But fair play for stepping up second when it came to pens, went up plenty in my estimation for that.

Scott - 6/10 - Worked hard, some silly challanges and seems to like to chest the ball and hump it too much. Perhaps should have done better with his shot when he only had CH on line to beat, but was quite far out.

Sproule - 3/10 - Did not seem to be himself last night.

O'Connor - 9/10 - Great performance, MOM by a distance for me.

Griffiths - 9/10 - Was up for it from the first minute to the last. Really hope he gets off the mark soon, I think he is going to go crazy when he does, cant wait to see that. Looked very strong and was excellent and holding of M'Well CH's to bring other into play.

Galbraith - 6/10 - Was the best half of football I have seen him play. really hope he is available for the weekend, may be good to change things up and start him, then bring on Sproule of a bit of impact if needed.

Agogo - 5/10 - I thought he looked good when he game on, very good passing and vision to try and bring others in / help us get up the pitch.

Booth - 4/10 - A couple of crosses into the box but nothing other than that. I really hope the pen miss does not affect his confidence even more. The kid needs some time on the bench to help him progress in the way we all hope he can.

Well done to CC and Brown, sent plenty of fans home late but very, very happy. Good acknowledgement to the support at the end. Fingers crossed we can keep this going for the weekend.

Shrekko
21-09-2011, 01:36 PM
:faf:

So how would you rate the players based on last night's game ?

No, no- you're not rating him on last nights performance, you stated that Wotherspoon would not be a professional football player beyond his current contract. Unless you're saying that you can judge a player career prospects in one night?

Now despite his poor form in the past year or so, I don't think a regular Scottish under 21 international will have a problem picking up a club even if Hibs release him at the end of his deal.

Would you like a bet on whether DW is still playing pro at the end of his current contract? I don't think so.

It's easy to throw one liners around at any given time but I doubt you'd chance your mortgage on your 'opinion' would you?

There's plenty of players at ER I don't rate but there's none I'd say are not going to be pro players in a year or 2.

AustinHibee
21-09-2011, 01:38 PM

jog on guys, we dont need you :flag:Well said that man.

aliman82
21-09-2011, 01:44 PM
No, no- you're not rating him on last nights performance, you stated that Wotherspoon would not be a professional football player beyond his current contract. Unless you're saying that you can judge a player career prospects in one night?

Now despite his poor form in the past year or so, I don't think a regular Scottish under 21 international will have a problem picking up a club even if Hibs release him at the end of his deal.

Would you like a bet on whether DW is still playing pro at the end of his current contract? I don't think so.

It's easy to throw one liners around at any given time but I doubt you'd chance your mortgage on your 'opinion' would you?

There's plenty of players at ER I don't rate but there's none I'd say are not going to be pro players in a year or 2.

Pretty much sums up what I was going to say after I read the initial post. Where ever you judge Spoony is in his stage of development, it's absolutely ridiculous to suggest he's not going to be a pro at the end of his Hibs contract.

renato
21-09-2011, 08:31 PM
I thought Murray did okay. After 15 minutes I thought that he was going to get slaughtered by Humphries and to an extent, he did. All evening Motherwell tried to exploit this mismatch and Humphries generally had the beating of Murray. However, their man got neither a goal nor an assist so maybe Ian did okay after all.

Was it just me that thought that Humphries was what Sproule should be?

Back to the Hibs ratings, I thought that Hanlon and O'Hanlon both had good games. The amount of block that they were putting in, especially in the first half, was superb. If I ever need a bodyguard to take a bullet for me I'll bear those two in mind.

Griffiths was outstanding. It looked to me like he had been given a free role to exploit any space he could find. That meant him playing on the wing for much of the second half and he gave a great account of himself.

I thought that O'Connor took his goals well but actually his general play wasn't that good today. There were many occasions where the ball came his way and he lost possession, but the two goals obviously more than compensate for that. Massive credit to him for how long he kept going though. I thought he was totally puggled after about 80 minutes but he kept going and pulling out the sprints right to the finish.

I still think we're missing creativity in midfield and our wing backs aren't contributing enough to team moves but a big improvement today overall.

Re the bit in bold - sadly Murray really struggled against Humphries and it was down to luck more than anything else that we didn't get punished down that flank. One of the few things CC got wrong last night was waiting so long to change it. As soon as Towell switched across to left back the threat disappeared and the boy got subbed. Ironically Towell was toiling a bit until he switched flanks and he had a stormer for the rest of the game!

Apart from that, agree with the rest word for word :greengrin

O'Hanlon was excellent and Griffiths gave the most intelligent, threatening striker's performance I've seen since the days of Fletcher in his prime. His movement and crossing ability is top drawer and how their keeper saved that howitzer I'll never know.....stunning save.

Winston Ingram
21-09-2011, 09:30 PM

Towell - 7/10 - Did well

Sproule - 4/10 - Poor

If Spoony doesn't make it it will be sooley down to the morons that have managed him in the time he's been in the first team.

He has buckets of ability and a good attitude but one thing is for certain is he is not a left midfielder:agree:

The Voice Of Reason
21-09-2011, 09:39 PM

I don't think Wotherspoon (or Stevenson for that matter) will be pro players for long. I am confident enough to say it on a messageboard, wouldn't bet my Mortgage on it though. :rolleyes:

Shrekko
21-09-2011, 10:01 PM
I don't think Wotherspoon (or Stevenson for that matter) will be pro players for long. I am confident enough to say it on a messageboard, wouldn't bet my Mortgage on it though. :rolleyes:

Yeah- i'll bet you wont bet your mortgage on it. In fact I bet you won't bet a single penny on it.

The easiest thing in the world is to spout off rubbish on a football forum. Lets face it- when DW signs his next contract this thread will have dropped off hibs.net a long time ago.

All you were doing was trying to push criticism of him to the limit. The other thing about forums though is that when you type tosh folk are allowed to tell you. I bet you'd struggle to find any sane individual in Scotland who thinks DW will seriously be out of pro football by the age of 24 or whatever.

allezsauzee
21-09-2011, 10:16 PM
I was wondering who would replace Nish as the boo boys main target...i think we may have our answer :rolleyes:

Albion Hibs
21-09-2011, 10:26 PM
If Spoony doesn't make it it will be sooley down to the morons that have managed him in the time he's been in the first team.

He has buckets of ability and a good attitude but one thing is for certain is he is not a left midfielder:agree:

Thats fine, he played right midfield last night and touched the ball about three times in the first half. I dont think midfield is his best position for what it is worth, I much prefer him at right back. It would be interesting to see Towell and him change for a spell, even during a game.

Blaming a manager is a pretty easy way out. If the player has ability then he will show it. I think it is a bit easy and a bit lame to be blaming managers for players not being good enough footballers.

Yeah- i'll bet you wont bet your mortgage on it. In fact I bet you won't bet a single penny on it.

The easiest thing in the world is to spout off rubbish on a football forum. Lets face it- when DW signs his next contract this thread will have dropped off hibs.net a long time ago.

All you were doing was trying to push criticism of him to the limit. The other thing about forums though is that when you type tosh folk are allowed to tell you. I bet you'd struggle to find any sane individual in Scotland who thinks DW will seriously be out of pro football by the age of 24 or whatever.

I would agree it is not likely that he will fall out of football completely, but there are a lot of players struggling for clubs just now. The likes of McBride for example one of my mates said the other day - he has probably been more consistant at this level and does not yet have a club. On his current form I would not see him staying at Easter Road, but I think if he gets back to achieving what we thought he was going to achieve before, then he could still come on to being a good player for us.

RIP
21-09-2011, 10:27 PM
I have a soft spot for DW. He's a Bridge of Earn lad and was brought up near Perth where I live. I've met several young lads who remember him from youth football and one is a Hibs ST. My son Cammy is a top right back / right mid for Crieff Juniors and has DW's name on the back of his Hibs shirt. Cam studies D carefully. This is his assessment - not mine

Workrate abysmal. Never tracks back properly or gets a tackle in.
Pretends to shadow and jockey but just goes through the motions
Jogs instead of sprints
Slower turning than a double decker bus
Shoots when there's a player in a better position
Watches the ball when off the ball instead of watching the man
Gives the ball away far too often
Rarely takes a player on - wouldn't have the pace if he did

No point in saying he's only a laddie. He's been woeful for a year. Like playing with ten men. Can anyone remember his last good game?

Sorry David

CapitalHibs
21-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Question now is - Is Towell's continuing performance at left back something he would be comfortable with - given that Spoony or Hart could take over on the right. May not be perfect but would give us a temporary fix to fill the area where we seem to be weakest; until we solve it permanetly.

Albion Hibs
21-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Question now is - Is Towell's continuing performance at left back something he would be comfortable with - given that Spoony or Hart could take over on the right. May not be perfect but would give us a temporary fix to fill the area where we seem to be weakest; until we solve it permanetly.

No. I dont think LB is as much of an issue as some are making out. It is perhaps the next stick to beat the club/manager with for some.

I think it would be silly to play the player we signed to play right back, out of position at left back to help with an non problem IMO and then move a player that was a midfielder and is maybe a right back to the right back slot.

In addition I did not think towell looked comfortable at any stage during his stint at LB. Rather than try and play/pass which is what he does on the right, he was humping it up the pitch.

CapitalHibs
21-09-2011, 10:42 PM
I think it's important to get Boothy out of the firing line - we have very few alternatives with Murray obviously struggling to keep up the pace.

Shrekko
21-09-2011, 10:43 PM
I have a soft spot for DW. He's a Bridge of Earn lad and was brought up near Perth where I live. I've met several young lads who remember him from youth football and one is a Hibs ST. My son Cammy is a top right back / right mid for Crieff Juniors and has DW's name on the back of his Hibs shirt. Cam studies D carefully. This is his assessment - not mine

Jogs instead of sprints

No point in saying he's only a laddie. He's been woeful for a year. Like playing with ten men. Can anyone remember his last good game?

Sorry David

No be long before David's wearing a top wi Cam's name on the back by the sounds of it- he must be some player.

edinburghhibee
21-09-2011, 11:36 PM
You make out like you were at the game, Murray was not subbed at HT.

Yeah your quite right he wasn't subbed at half time, my apologies, my point still stands however.

JimBHibees
22-09-2011, 04:57 PM

Jogs instead of sprints

Sorry David

Very harsh critique. DW is playing in the SPL and is also a regular for the National U21 team so he obviously has alot of talent and has worked hard to get to where he is in the game. He isnt playing with a lot of confidence not a surprise given how poorly the team has played in the last year or so. IMO he has been overplayed to a large extent however from what I have seen he is good enough to be a decent SPL player for a few years to come. He needs a boost hopefully the team can start winning a few games and he can express his ability a bit more in the season ahead.

BSEJVT
22-09-2011, 06:32 PM

Jogs instead of sprints

Sorry David

Quite honestly that entire post has me utterly bemused, there must be some irony in it that I am failing to see.

Your son in a top right back with Crieff juniors. That's great for the laddie but IMO its like saying I am a half decent golfer (on a good day) and therefore my critique of Tiger Woods is more valid than my next door neighbour (who is pish) but has watched golf for 50 years.

With respect I would be more likely to consider the opinion of the Manager and various predecessors and Scotland coaches than your son.

To paraphrase, your son thinks DW is pish but has his name on his shirt. Go figure!

R'Albin
22-09-2011, 06:48 PM

Jogs instead of sprints

Sorry David

So why did your son get his name on the back if he thinks he is all these things, I'm confuzzled:confused: