PDA

View Full Version : Just back from the game

hibs0666
20-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Firstly what a fantastic football match. :thumbsup:

Secondly it was good to see Hibs showing grit, skill and determination. :flag:

Thirdly it was fantastic payback for the gals and guys who made the effort to stick by their team. :not worth

Let there be no doubt that there is a football team in there and there's no reason why we cannot now kick on. :hibees

col02
20-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Credit to the players and Calderwood! I hope they enjoyed tonight as much as I did and use this as a springboard to kick on now in the league. Actually looking forward to Saturday as the Griffiths/O'Connor partnership is looking very sharp.

Baker9
20-09-2011, 10:24 PM

Thirdly it was fantastic payback for the gals and guys who made the effort to stick by their team. :not worth

Let there be no doubt that there is a football team in there and there's no reason why we cannot now kick on. :hibees

I really, really hope that's the case. Thanks for the optimistic post.:greengrin

alfieboi75
20-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Credit to the players and Calderwood! I hope they enjoyed tonight as much as I did and use this as a springboard to kick on now in the league. Actually looking forward to Saturday as the Griffiths/O'Connor partnership is looking very sharp.

I made do with Hibs net to keep up to date with the game....this shall go down as one of my most nervous moments!!!

Now....what are your thoughts on the left side of the team....keep it the same for Saturday?

matty_f
20-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Credit where it's due, I was very critical of the team at half time. I could just see the makings of a typical Hibs performance - fill us with hope, get a goal, then screw up and get knocked out the cup.

Delighted to have been proved wrong by the players. I really hope this kick starts our season. Roll on Saturday!

col02
20-09-2011, 10:31 PM
I made do with Hibs net to keep up to date with the game....this shall go down as one of my most nervous moments!!!

Now....what are your thoughts on the left side of the team....keep it the same for Saturday?

We actually looked good with Towell at left back and Spoony at right back. I would also like to see Galbraith feature if not injured as he offers pace and trickery down the left. That said Booth at left midfield would do.

erin go bragh
20-09-2011, 10:32 PM

Credit to everyone of the guys and gals that went tonight and to all the players and staff .
:agree:

Take a bow :hibees heard the fans singing and willing the team on with 10 mins left and boy did it help , brilliant stuff.

GGTTH

DaveF
20-09-2011, 10:36 PM
It was a great match to watch and while we look very sharp going forward, we are extremely open at the back. Brown made some excellent saves in extra time, but had we coverted even half the chances we made in the second half, there would have been no need for the extra time.

Can we sign Lee Griffiths permanently please!

The Voice Of Reason
20-09-2011, 10:36 PM
I too am just back from the game - and what a great game it was !

It is so good to feel proud of my club again !!! Lots of positives from tonight and only a couple of negatives. Really pleased for the players and management.

Also, there were more Hibs fans there than I though there would be - well done to all who made it.
:thumbsup:

I will be hoarse at work tomorrow.....but who cares ! :greengrin

HIBS TILL I DIE.

stoneyburn hibs
20-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Enjoyed that tonight, and another hibs fan was recruited in the process, took sons mate along with us to his first ever game, now he cant wait to go again !

Judas Iscariot
20-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Just in the now..

That was my 1st game I've been to this season & it was a really entertaining football match!

End to end, plenty chances for both teams who were pretty evenly matched but I reckon Hibs were worthy winners :agree:

Big difference from Saturday, actual urgency, passion & fight :thumbsup:

Plenty things still not right with the team but loads of positives to take from the win!

Great to see the players showing some real appreciation to the fans at the end & I loved Gaz & Sparky kissing the badge :top marks

Excellently enjoyable night :aok:

forthhibby
20-09-2011, 10:39 PM
2nd half was outstanding, never seen us create so many chances, GOC's equaliser was brilliant, he looked out on his feet but showed a great turn of pace to score.

Would also like to take credit for win as last time I was at game that went to pens was hampden against Huns and I was in wrong end, so saw first penalty and left stand and went by cheers, did same tonight, don't think I'd have survived watching that

The Harp
20-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Well done to all concerned tonight, both on and off the park.:flag:
I couldn't make it thru to M'well and had to keep up to date by listening to Open All Mics on Sportsound. Chic Young was raving about the quality of the football being played by both sides and also mentioned that Hibs have never lost a penalty shoot out to another Scottish side. Don't know how many we've been involved in mind - off the top of my heid I can only think of a couple (the Huns and Aberdeen).

IWasThere2016
20-09-2011, 11:00 PM

I think this will happen, and I notice Wolves blooding another young striker who scored tonight :cool2:

Leigh is IMHO too wee for the EPL.

--------
20-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Well done to all concerned tonight, both on and off the park.:flag:
I couldn't make it thru to M'well and had to keep up to date by listening to Open All Mics on Sportsound. Chic Young was raving about the quality of the football being played by both sides and also mentioned that Hibs have never lost a penalty shoot out to another Scottish side. Don't know how many we've been involved in mind - off the top of my heid I can only think of a couple (the Huns and Aberdeen).

Partick Thistle the year we lost in the Final to Rangers under Alex Miller. Jim Leighton in goals saved 2? Possibly 3?

h1bs4life
20-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Not long back.We started off well scored ,then usual defensive problems saw us struggle to half time.Second half best we have played for a long time and should have won the game over 90 mins. O'Connor 2nd goal different class , how we never got a penalty when he was pushed over in the box is beyond belief and he ended up getting booked. Brown had a few excellent saves as well as his penalty heroics. O'Hanlon had an excellent game , Pallson best game for ages.Griffiths also did well. With the exception of Booth all well taken penalties. Finally brilliant to come away from a Hibs game with a buzz can't remember last time that happened. Hopefully something to build on.

speedy_gonzales
20-09-2011, 11:09 PM
We actually looked good with Towell at left back and Spoony at right back.

I thought this too but with calm hindsight, this might be because both Motherwell wingers were tiring, in the first half, Murray and Towell were toiling.

A big +1 from me!

The Harp
20-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Partick Thistle the year we lost in the Final to Rangers under Alex Miller. Jim Leighton in goals saved 2? Possibly 3?

Yeah, just checked the other thread about penalty shoot outs - can't believe I'd forgotten that one and particularly the one v Celtic.:rolleyes: Getting worried about myself when I can't recall events like these without being prompted.:confused:

--------
20-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Yeah, just checked the other thread about penalty shoot outs - can't believe I'd forgotten that one and particularly the one v Celtic.:rolleyes: Getting worried about myself when I can't recall events like these without being prompted.:confused:

The only reason I remember that one is I was living in Wester Hailes at the time and a Jambo acquaintance was very insistent that Miller had signed a huddy when he signed Jim Leighton.

IIRC the game ended 2-2 like tonight and in the shoot-out Jimbo saved one, nearly saved another, and then saved the crucial kick and went rampaging up the park like a dancing dervish to celebrate with the rest of the team.

Didn't see that acquaintance for ages - and no sooner had he re-appeared than Jimbo pulled off a top-drawer point-blank save late on at Tynecastle to win us the semi against the Ayrabs.

Sir David Gray
20-09-2011, 11:59 PM
Very pleased with tonight's performance, with the exception of about the final 20 minutes of the first half when we looked like we were going to implode after going a goal up.

We were really good in the second half of normal time, created numerous clear cut chances and the absolute least that we deserved was extra time.

Even in extra time, I thought we were positive and didn't just sit back and play for penalties.

I think on the balance of play, we thoroughly deserved to win tonight and well done to all the players for putting in that performance. I just really hope that we can kick on from here and that this result can be the turning point in our fortunes. Hopefully it helps to give the players and everyone connected with the club a lot of confidence.

Calvin
21-09-2011, 02:28 AM
We decided to go to the game at about 6pm and I wouldn't have gone if not for my Dad's persuasion. How glad I was that he dragged me along.

Tonight was the first time in so long that I felt watching Hibs actually meant something. The anger when it looked like GOC got clipped in the box, the despair when Jimmy Scott put his 1-on-1 right at the keeper, the relief when the Motherwell goal was ruled out for offside and the sense of justice at our equaliser. I've not gone mental for a Hibs goal like that in far too long.

We had big portions of the match where we were under the kosh, more than a Hibs team ever should be at Fir Park, and on another day we could so easily have lost, but we didn't so I'll take the elation of a penalty victory given our current circumstance.

It was fantastic to see the whole team come over at the end, to see GOC and Sparky joining in with 'Hail Hail' and to see them all taking their bow. It will be an absolute travesty if we can't take this momentum and see a couple of good results in the next few weeks.

Hibs fans in full voice going down the stairwell at the end of the game. Who would have thought that at 6pm on Tuesday? Fantastic.

Bayern Bru
21-09-2011, 02:39 AM
We decided to go to the game at about 6pm and I wouldn't have gone if not for my Dad's persuasion. How glad I was that he dragged me along.

Tonight was the first time in so long that I felt watching Hibs actually meant something. The anger when it looked like GOC got clipped in the box, the despair when Jimmy Scott put his 1-on-1 right at the keeper, the relief when the Motherwell goal was ruled out for offside and the sense of justice at our equaliser. I've not gone mental for a Hibs goal like that in far too long.

We had big portions of the match where we were under the kosh, more than a Hibs team ever should be at Fir Park, and on another day we could so easily have lost, but we didn't so I'll take the elation of a penalty victory given our current circumstance.

It was fantastic to see the whole team come over at the end, to see GOC and Sparky joining in with 'Hail Hail' and to see them all taking their bow. It will be an absolute travesty if we can't take this momentum and see a couple of good results in the next few weeks.

Hibs fans in full voice going down the stairwell at the end of the game. Who would have thought that at 6pm on Tuesday? Fantastic.

:top marks

And a further :top marks for making it to Motherwell from Aberdeen in 105 minutes. :greengrin

Calvin
21-09-2011, 03:34 AM
:top marks

And a further :top marks for making it to Motherwell from Aberdeen in 105 minutes. :greengrin
Thankfully for my driving license I'm at my parents' this week! :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
21-09-2011, 07:24 AM

No point in me posting as you've said it all. :top marks

TornadoHibby
21-09-2011, 07:33 AM
I think this will happen, and I notice Wolves blooding another young striker who scored tonight :cool2:

Smaller than Michael Owen who has done and continues to do quite well in the EPL playing for the top teams!?? :dunno: :wink:

Albion Hibs
21-09-2011, 07:54 AM
Last night was excellent and the reason that you put up with pash performances at times for me. Fair play to the fans who went through there was a decent number considering all and it was great to see the team and manager coming over to pay tribute at the end of the game.

Team selection for Saturday has not got a bit harder if you ask me, I would be tempted to go with the same starting 11 with perhaps the expection of Galbraith in for Sproule if he is not injured. The keeper one is also a bit of a tough one, stack has done nothing wrong, but Brown was excellent and his kicking seems to have improved no end.

Anyone that says CC has no passion for the team and is not arsed should have got along to the game last night, from where I was sitting he was going just as wild as the fans were at times.

Well done to CC and Brown and of course the team, a result well deserved.

The Voice Of Reason
21-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Last night was excellent and the reason that you put up with pash performances at times for me. Fair play to the fans who went through there was a decent number considering all and it was great to see the team and manager coming over to pay tribute at the end of the game.

Team selection for Saturday has not got a bit harder if you ask me, I would be tempted to go with the same starting 11 with perhaps the expection of Galbraith in for Sproule if he is not injured. The keeper one is also a bit of a tough one, stack has done nothing wrong, but Brown was excellent and his kicking seems to have improved no end.

Anyone that says CC has no passion for the team and is not arsed should have got along to the game last night, from where I was sitting he was going just as wild as the fans were at times. Well done to CC and Brown and of course the team, a result well deserved.

The bit in bold - Spot on sir, was going to post something similiar myself :agree:

RIP
21-09-2011, 09:23 AM

Hope you're right G

BTW did you see the two giant forwards Owen and Giggs scoring for Man U last night? :greengrin

IWasThere2016
21-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Smaller than Michael Owen who has done and continues to do quite well in the EPL playing for the top teams!?? :dunno: :wink:

As much as I like Leigh - he is no Owen, and he won't play for Liverpool. Rasl Madrid and ManUre :wink: