PDA

View Full Version : Scotland V Finland (Women) International

The_Famous_HFC
20-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Reading yesterdays Sun (I know) I noticed an advert on the back page for the women international match tomorrow between Scotland and Finland. Something caught my eye though. The match is being played and Tynecastle! Surely if they were to choose an Edinburgh stadium they would have chosen Easter Road as this is exactly the kind of match/event that Petrie and co claimed would benefit Hibs by building the new East Stand?:confused:

With Hibs playing tonight and Hearts tomorrow there might even have been a few more Hibs fans available to attend than normal strengthening the ER argument!

Edit: Can a mod please fix the spelling mistake in the thread title.

Part/Time Supporter
20-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Reading yesterdays Sun (I know) I noticed an advert on the back page for the women international match tomorrow between Scotland and Finland. Something caught my eye though. The match is being played and Tynecastle! Surely if they were to choose an Edinburgh stadium they would have chosen Easter Road as this is exactly the kind of match/event that Petrie and co claimed would benefit Hibs by building the new East Stand?:confused:

With Hibs playing tonight and Hearts tomorrow there might even have been a few more Hibs fans available to attend than normal strengthening the ER argument!

I guess they would only open the main stand for a women's international. The last time I was at the PBS was for a Scotland - England schoolboys game about 2 years ago, there was a halfway decent crowd for that although the Wheatfield Stand was shut.

The East Stand wouldn't really affect the decision of hosting a game like that because a) the main facilities are the same and b) it won't attract much of a crowd. It would more come into play for a League Cup semi because of the additional capacity. I don't think there's any chance of hosting a Scottish Cup semi anytime soon because the SFA seem to want to use Hampden as often as possible.

SouthMoroccoStu
20-09-2011, 01:34 PM

Unless it's the under 12's team.......:wink:
But seriously, I see you point.

And doesn't our womens team make up quite a large part of the current national squad? :confused:

scott7_0(Prague)
20-09-2011, 01:51 PM
I am sure the 1000 or so fans will be happy to sit in that wee stand at Tynie - It will be cosy for them.

Last couple of home games...

Scotland Women's A Squad << Back
Match SCOTLAND v SWITZERLAND
Date 21 Aug 2011
Kick-off Time 13:00
Tournament International Challenge Match
Venue The Falkirk Stadium, Falkirk
Attendance 531
Half-Time Score 4 - 0
Full-Time Result 5 - 0
Manager Anna Signeul

Match SCOTLAND v BULGARIA
Date 01 Apr 2010
Kick-off Time 19:30
Tournament F.I.F.A. World Cup Qualifier
Venue The Falkirk Stadium, Falkirk
Attendance 990
Half-Time Score 2 - 1
Full-Time Result 8 - 1
Manager Anna Signeul

The_Famous_HFC
20-09-2011, 02:07 PM
I am sure the 1000 or so fans will be happy to sit in that wee stand at Tynie - It will be cosy for them.

Last couple of home games...I see your point but those matches were in Falkirk. Hardly a desirable place to go. Like the poster above mentioened. If most of the team are Hibs players then it makes even more sense to put that money back into Hibs?

scott7_0(Prague)
20-09-2011, 02:13 PM
I see your point but those matches were in Falkirk. Hardly a desirable place to go. Like the poster above mentioened. If most of the team are Hibs players then it makes even more sense to put that money back into Hibs?

Aye cause Kilmarnock and Edinburgh has pulled in a bumper crowd before!!

Match SCOTLAND v DENMARK
Date 24 Jun 2010
Tournament F.I.F.A. World Cup Qualifier
Venue Rugby Park, Kilmarnock
Attendance 1,522
Half-Time Score 0 - 1
Full-Time Result 0 - 1
Manager Anna Signeul

Match SCOTLAND v ITALY
Date 08 Apr 2009
Venue Rugby Park, Kilmarnock
Attendance 1,811
Half-Time Score 0 - 1
Full-Time Result 1 - 4
Manager Anna Signeul

Match SCOTLAND v RUSSIA
Date 26 Oct 2008
Kick-off Time 15:00
Tournament U.E.F.A. European Championship Play-off
Venue Tyncastle Stadium, Edinburgh
Attendance 1,492
Half-Time Score 2 - 2
Full-Time Result 2 - 3
Manager Anna Signeul

Even the old enemy match doon sof hardly pulled in the crowds and they have an professional ladies league dont they?

Match ENGLAND v SCOTLAND
Date 11 Mar 2007
Kick-off Time 12:30
Venue Adams Park, High Wycombe
Attendance 2,066
Half-Time Score 1 - 0
Full-Time Result 1 - 0
Manager Anna Signeul

The_Famous_HFC
20-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Aye cause Kilmarnock and Edinburgh has pulled in a bumper crowd before!!

Even the old enemy match doon sof hardly pulled in the crowds and they have an professional ladies league dont they?Nothing to get excited about but at £5ish a ticket thats another £2500. A weeks wages.

scott7_0(Prague)
20-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Nothing to get excited about but at £5ish a ticket thats another £2500. A weeks wages.

Wouldnt get out of bed for that much! :wink:

LancashireHibby
20-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Nothing to get excited about but at £5ish a ticket thats another £2500. A weeks wages.

It would cost more than that to pay for the actual costs of opening the ground (stewarding, catering, floodlights etc) unless the SFA foot the bill (who would no doubt keep the gate receipts anyway).

The_Famous_HFC
20-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Further digging actually reveals that they are also hosting the upcoming Euro qualifiers. :dunno:

Who decides these things?!

H18sry
20-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Further digging actually reveals that they are also hosting the upcoming Euro qualifiers. :dunno:

Who decides these things?!

It will be like the men's U-21's qualifiers the package was put out to tender and ST Mirrens bid won, so I think that would have been the case for the women's games .

LancashireHibby
20-09-2011, 03:18 PM
It will be like the men's U-21's qualifiers the package was put out to tender and ST Mirrens bid won, so I think that would have been the case for the women's games .

Can't wait to see how much Hertz bid for the schoolboy games.

Gettin' Auld
20-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Can't wait to see how much Hertz bid for the schoolboy games.

:tee hee:

The_Todd
20-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Not sure I get the fuss, can't say I particularly care where they host the match.

bob12345
20-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Disappointing seeing the attendances of the women's internationals listed here. They're doing a whole lot better than the men on the world stage!

scott7_0(Prague)
21-09-2011, 09:08 PM
So a whole 649 at Tynie tonight. Glad we did not take this on at ER.

The match was the first women’s match at Tynecastle Stadium since it was announced as Scotland’s home for the UEFA Women’s European Championship qualifiers and 649 fans saw a dominant Scotland mark the occasion with a comfortable win.

Lucius Apuleius
22-09-2011, 05:40 AM
I see your point but those matches were in Falkirk. Hardly a desirable place to go. Like the poster above mentioened. If most of the team are Hibs players then it makes even more sense to put that money back into Hibs?

Going to explain why Falkirk is undesirable and Tynecastle isn't?

Dashing Bob S
22-09-2011, 07:08 AM
I guess they would only open the main stand for a women's international. The last time I was at the PBS was for a Scotland - England schoolboys game about 2 years ago, there was a halfway decent crowd for that although the Wheatfield Stand was shut.

The East Stand wouldn't really affect the decision of hosting a game like that because a) the main facilities are the same and b) it won't attract much of a crowd. It would more come into play for a League Cup semi because of the additional capacity. I don't think there's any chance of hosting a Scottish Cup semi anytime soon because the SFA seem to want to use Hampden as often as possible.

One could see how such a fixture would have greater appeal on that side of the city.

Lucius Apuleius
22-09-2011, 07:41 AM
And lets also not forget the World Youth Cup Semi Final in '89 also being a sell out with people locked out. Can see a trend forming here.