PDA

View Full Version : The Next 3 Games Will Determine CC's Fate

smurf
20-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Here's how I see it.

Win tonight then avoiding two consecutive home defeats on sat and next wed sees him safe into Oct.

Go out tonight after a bit of fight and performance then he's judged on sat and wed. Minimum of 3 points sees him safe into Oct.

Get knocked out easily tonight then only 4 points or possibly undefeated on sat or wed sees him safe into Oct.

Gatecrasher
20-09-2011, 12:04 PM
if theres nothing in the next 3 games he has to go imo, no more excuses

Sir David Gray
20-09-2011, 12:05 PM
I said before the Aberdeen game that anything less than 6 points from our 4 league matches in September should see him out the door.

We've picked up two points in what was probably the two more winnable games of the sequence so anything less than 4 points against Dundee Utd and St Johnstone should mean he's gone by the end of next week.

Cropley10
20-09-2011, 12:09 PM
He wanted to leave in the Summer, but wasn't allowed to.

Now he's in charge of his own destiny - fail, get paid off and head down the road.

You couldnae make it up.

Totally agree about the next 3 games - which make it compulsive viewing; will anything change?

alfieboi75
20-09-2011, 12:31 PM
So what are we hoping for? Calderwood to be sacked or Hibs to win tonight and their next two league games.

Hibs haven't lost their last two games, but should have won last Saturday so I'm hoping Hibs continue to be undefeated!

Dashing Bob S
20-09-2011, 12:34 PM
I said before the Aberdeen game that anything less than 6 points from our 4 league matches in September should see him out the door.

We've picked up two points in what was probably the two more winnable games of the sequence so anything less than 4 points against Dundee Utd and St Johnstone should mean he's gone by the end of next week.

Thinking along the same lines, FH. We might look back at A'deen and Dunfermline draws as his best and final chance to turn it round, which he spectacularly blew.

Part/Time Supporter
20-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Thinking along the same lines, FH. We might look back at A'deen and Dunfermline draws as his best and final chance to turn it round, which he spectacularly blew.

A bit like how Yogi had two games this time last year which could or should have been won (ICT and Hamilton) but both ended in 1-1 draws. A couple of defeats later and he was gone.

hibsbollah
20-09-2011, 12:48 PM
I cant believe the impatience of some people. Fergie wasnt an instant success at Man Utd either. We could be sitting on a double Champion League-winning manager here FFS.

--------
20-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Regardless of CC we need to win some games soon - it wouldn't take much to get us quite a few places up the table, and a win tonight would get us into the League Cup quarters which would be nice.

On the other hand.... :wink:

happiehibbie
20-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Oh how i want Hibs to win every game. but to be honest i do not think we are good enough to beat motherwell which is sad really.. CC for me is not the man for the Job he has lost the fans and i dont know what will win us back on his side. However we do need to steady the ship try and let the man manage the team BUT there is a BIG BUT for me does he want to be at Hibs I wonder if he let the game slipon Saturday on purpose (surely not he is a PRO)

Hibernian need a shake up from the very top down STF would not let his Tyre company falter like Hibs has he would have his top men in place quicker that the kwik fit adverts he done.

It is going to be a tough season and boring i just hope we do not slip to far behind that we dont recover from it

brydekirk
20-09-2011, 01:21 PM
if theres nothing in the next 3 games he has to go imo, no more excuses no normally a doom n gloomer but i cannae c us gettin more than 2 points from the next 2 league games.

Cropley10
20-09-2011, 01:52 PM
I cant believe the impatience of some people. Fergie wasnt an instant success at Man Utd either. We could be sitting on a double Champion League-winning manager here FFS.

Indeed. With an umlimited amount of time that may happen. Did Fergie manage to make Man U look worse, much, more worse than before he arrived?

I'm_cabbaged
20-09-2011, 02:21 PM

:tee hee:

AlbertK86
20-09-2011, 07:45 PM
He wanted to leave in the Summer, but wasn't allowed to.

Now he's in charge of his own destiny - fail, get paid off and head down the road.

You couldnae make it up.

Totally agree about the next 3 games - which make it compulsive viewing; will anything change?

100% mate .... only at Hibs

I've been trying to convince myself we will come good under CC but I'm now thinking that I have been hallucinating !!

We are absolutely effin dire and have probably the worst defence I have seen in 40 years being a Hibby.

I think they should be considering his position if we lose tonight, saturday and next wed. However I still think that Rod and his merry men will not sack him as they will never admit they were wronng to appoint him in the first place and that they were wrong not to take the money and run in the summer !! .... Yet again ...only at Hibs ... absolutely effin sick of them .... something is deeply wrong at the club these days

--------
20-09-2011, 11:13 PM
100% mate .... only at Hibs

I've been trying to convince myself we will come good under CC but I'm now thinking that I have been hallucinating !!

We are absolutely effin dire and have probably the worst defence I have seen in 40 years being a Hibby.

I think they should be considering his position if we lose tonight, saturday and next wed. However I still think that Rod and his merry men will not sack him as they will never admit they were wrong to appoint him in the first place and that they were wrong not to take the money and run in the summer !! .... Yet again ...only at Hibs ... absolutely effin sick of them .... something is deeply wrong at the club these days

Don't know what to make of tonight - we apparently could have had the game sewn up midway through the second half. We also could have lost it thanks to our defensive frailty. Seems we have Mark Brown to thank for getting through; Well have Randolph to thank for taking it to penalties...

I'm very glad we're still in the League Cup - makes a nice change to get to the quarters of anything these days - and I hope we can start winning in the League soon - it'll begin to get a bit tricky if we don't - but I still think there are major problems at ER and they go much higher than the manager's office.

Right now we're relying on one man for goals and he's got legal problems that could deprive us of his services before too long. Sparky sounds a class act, but how will he link up with Junior or Akpo if we lose Gazza?

.Sean.
21-09-2011, 06:27 AM
Let's not kid ourselves, a decent performance and a win on penalties shouldn't be allowed to paper over the cracks. The majority of us seem to have lost faith in CC a while back and last nights win hasn't changed anything for me, I still want the guy out. The expression 'a broken clock still works twice a day' springs to mind.

chrisski33
21-09-2011, 07:02 AM
just hope hibs turned the corner now and that we will go on a run of wins in the league.

Dashing Bob S
21-09-2011, 08:17 AM
Let's not kid ourselves, a decent performance and a win on penalties shouldn't be allowed to paper over the cracks. The majority of us seem to have lost faith in CC a while back and last nights win hasn't changed anything for me, I still want the guy out. The expression 'a broken clock still works twice a day' springs to mind.

My gut's saying the same thing, even though I saw more attitude and fight last night than I expected from this team. The good thing is we won't have long (Saturday) before we know whether this is a flash in the pan or the start of the resurrection.

Stevie Reid
21-09-2011, 09:25 AM
I wasn't at the game last night but by all accounts it sounded like we put in a very good attacking performance (11 shots on target and 12 corners), and whilst still very dodgy at the back, were committed and showed good character.

I dare say that if more of the performances under Calderwood were like that then many more people would be prepared to wait and see, even with such a terrible record since his arrival - at least that way we would have seen some goals and some excitement during his time here. As it is, we've been subject to miserable defeats from even more miserable performances, and whilst I obviously hope that last night was a catalyst, it was a cup tie and very different to league duty.

I don't know what it would take to convince me that we'd turned the corner, after all we won 5 in a row last season but still ended up being awful. The next two games are no less crucial following on from last night's good result, and whilst we can go into Saturday with more confidence, it won't take long to turn again if we fail to turn up against a good United side.

Of course maybe Billy Brown has made a huge difference, it certainly sounds like we went out and started both halves very well.