PDA

View Full Version : New singings or bringing through youth?

Green and white
20-09-2011, 08:04 AM
If you could go back to the start of the window, knowing what the signings were going to be like, would you rather of just stuck with what we had and bring through some youth players? The standard of football isn't short of under19s and I think we would be able to progress some of these players on well given the chance.

It's clear we needed rebuilding but now if Calderwood goes, what happens to all the players brought in. Would a replacement of done better with the money?

Peevemor
20-09-2011, 08:09 AM
If you could go back to the start of the window, knowing what the signings were going to be like, would you rather of just stuck with what we had and bring through some youth players? The standard of football isn't short of under19s and I think we would be able to progress some of these players on well given the chance.

It's clear we needed rebuilding but now if Calderwood goes, what happens to all the players brought in. Would a replacement of done better with the money?

I think we should "of" brung in loads of Lithuanians, a Spanish waiter and a sex fiend or two. :agree:

scott7_0(Prague)
20-09-2011, 08:22 AM

This is a wind up, surely!

Andy74
20-09-2011, 08:49 AM
If the youth is good enough it will come through at Hibs.

We've seen from the likes of Booth, Wotherspoon, Hanlon and Galbraith that even the better ones with a fair bit of expereince are going to have bad spells and make mistakes.

You can't just keep playing them regardless so to get where we want to be we need experince in there too.

At the end of the day we just need to make better signings and then coach them properly! The budget is there, more so than most of the league.

Dashing Bob S
20-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Gve the current players time to gell?:taxi

jdships
20-09-2011, 10:07 AM
If the youth is good enough it will come through at Hibs.

We've seen from the likes of Booth, Wotherspoon, Hanlon and Galbraith that even the better ones with a fair bit of expereince are going to have bad spells and make mistakes.

You can't just keep playing them regardless so to get where we want to be we need experince in there too.

At the end of the day we just need to make better signings and then coach them properly! The budget is there, more so than most of the league.

:top marks
These two quotes , to me, make complete sense as to the way forward for HFC
No way are ever going to afford seven figure transfer fees /wages - astute signings , regardless of who they are /where they come from , allied to the good use of young players is the way forward :thumbsup:

:flag: