PDA

View Full Version : Well, well, well

MountcastleHibs
20-09-2011, 12:40 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs39-new-No2-Billy-Brown.6839290.jp?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I said when BB was appointed assistant I wouldn't be surprised to see him as our manager if CC went. Seems to me he's put his hat into the ring, although I suppose it's just him being honest to a journo who no doubt asked him if he harboured ambition to become a manager, hoping to spin a story out of it. Probably a non-story but I found it interesting all the same.

EasterRoad4Ever
20-09-2011, 05:54 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs39-new-No2-Billy-Brown.6839290.jp?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I said when BB was appointed assistant I wouldn't be surprised to see him as our manager if CC went. Seems to me he's put his hat into the ring, although I suppose it's just him being honest to a journo who no doubt asked him if he harboured ambition to become a manager, hoping to spin a story out of it. Probably a non-story but I found it interesting all the same.

I would be annoyed if this is also Hibs plan for when CC leaves. The very last thing we need is yet another No2 being handed one of the best jobs in Scottish Football. The Hibs Board have totally devalued the Hibs managerial post over the last few years - not supporting JC, hiring managers with questionable records and untried cheap options.

Peevemor
20-09-2011, 06:01 AM
Reporter - "So Billy, would you like to be a manager in your own right one day?"

BB - "I certainly don't think I'm a born assistant manager. All the time I've been wanting to be a manager, but there's never been a job that has come around that has been better than the job I've been in, etc...."

Why are people getting annoyed? :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
20-09-2011, 07:18 AM
I would be annoyed if this is also Hibs plan for when CC leaves. The very last thing we need is yet another No2 being handed one of the best jobs in Scottish Football. The Hibs Board have totally devalued the Hibs managerial post over the last few years - not supporting JC, hiring managers with questionable records and untried cheap options.

Not supporting JC? He had more than anyone in recent history to spend. And if most of the team wanted to meet me to discuss problems they had under one of my managers, i'd be stupid not to hear what they said.

He'd then have to decipher what they were saying and discuss it with JC. What good would have come of telling them to piss off? He was the next in line for folk to go to with any grievance, its the same in any company.

Petrie has his faults, but i fail to see what he could have done any differently? He backed JC with money,( Maka O'Brien Kerr etc, in fact the best part of £900k if my memory is right?). What he did not do was give him money to buy Naismith and Barry robson.

Thats one of the reasons JC walked, that and his inability to talk to players properly, and he also expected them to do much better than they were ever capable of. Fitness was the one thing he was good on, but trying to make Brian Kerr and Terry Gatheussi the new Kaka and Brownlie was never on.

bingo70
20-09-2011, 07:29 AM

The only cheap option we appointed was the one you wanted us to back more, the rest of them compensation had to be paid so if we really were only interested in the cheap option we would have gone for one of the many unattached managers.

Sounds like you want us to go for an experienced manager thats got a record that can't be questioned, in other words been a success, unfortunately there aren't any of them about within our price range, any experienced manager we could get would have been a failure at some point somewhere therefore is just as much of a risk as one untried at our level, although if you can give me an experienced manager we could have got i'll happily stand corrected, the only one i can think of is Jimmy Calderwood and i'd love to see this place if we'd appointed him.

I'm all for BB being appointed with the thought process of giving the club some continuity if CC leaves, it's exactly what we need IMO

bingo70
20-09-2011, 07:32 AM
Reporter - "So Billy, would you like to be a manager in your own right one day?"

BB - "I certainly don't think I'm a born assistant manager. All the time I've been wanting to be a manager, but there's never been a job that has come around that has been better than the job I've been in, etc...."

Why are people getting annoyed? :rolleyes:

To be fair only one person has got annoyed about it :greengrin

I reckon that if it meant CC was getting punted most would take this as a positive even if it wasn't their first choice, Brown couldn't really do any worse than CC has and the minimum upheaval the better IMO.

Jim44
20-09-2011, 07:36 AM
"Who knows what the future holds? But at the end of the day I was offered the job. I don't think Jim wants a job at this moment - he's golfing in Portugal this morning!

Nice of BB to let us know exactly where FJK is this morning. Will he let us know when he's unwittingly hanging around B&Q?:greengrin

ronaldo7
20-09-2011, 09:37 AM
So it's BB for interim manager from January onwards, until he finally get the gig for next season.:rolleyes:

ScottB
20-09-2011, 09:40 AM

I just knew folk would pounce on that rather than the story dismissing the notion the Board dumped him in without CC knowing... Reporter asks obligatory question of 'do you ever fancy being your own man?' BB says 'Sure, why not.'

Queue much gnashing of teeth about nothing...

smurf
20-09-2011, 09:41 AM
No doubt in my mind should CC go then BB gets the gig on a temporary basis while 'looking' for a replacement. If in the meantime BB get some results....

MountcastleHibs
20-09-2011, 11:44 AM
I just knew folk would pounce on that rather than the story dismissing the notion the Board dumped him in without CC knowing... Reporter asks obligatory question of 'do you ever fancy being your own man?' BB says 'Sure, why not.'Queue much gnashing of teeth about nothing... I don't think I've pounced on anything or got annoyed as a previous post suggests. I admitted in my OP that it probably was a journo looking for an answer he could twist, and BB was honest with him.FWIW, this appointment to me was a CC one. That doesn't mean should CC go, his appointment won't stay on to become manager.

Hibs Class
20-09-2011, 11:49 AM
I don't think there's anything surprising in the story. I reckon the likeliest next step for BB, though, will be when JJ gets his next job which I think is only a matter of time and he then offers the No.2 role to BB. Unless he's on a promise at ER I assume he'd take it. Do we know if he signed a contract with us and if so for how long?

ancient hibee
20-09-2011, 05:11 PM
A typical Stuart Bathgate "stir up the hibs"piece.

ancient hibee
20-09-2011, 05:12 PM
A typical Stuart Bathgate "stir up the hibs"piece.