PDA

View Full Version : Song at East End

El Gubbz
19-09-2011, 09:52 PM
What was the song that was sung during most the match on Saturday? One of the few songs by the 12th man that I'v liked!

Thomson1875
19-09-2011, 09:56 PM
What was the song that was sung during most the match on Saturday? One of the few songs by the 12th man that I'v liked!

So hoist up the green and white flag
Can't here the home stands sing
Come on hibees, we will sing on our own
Dn't wanna go home
Don't wanna go home
This is the best trip I've ever been on.

Sang on the train through by a few of us.

RIP
20-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Slight improvement suggested

So hoist up the green and white flag
Cannae hear the home fans sing
Come on hibees, we'll sing, we'll sing on our own
Don't wanna go home
Don't wanna go ho-o-ome
This is the best trip - we've ever been on.

Sloop John B (Beach Boys)

Great song Thommo but the Sect43 guys need to start writing songs to slightly more modern toons - Nirvana, Kaiser Chiefs, Drowning Pool, Prodigy

Keith_M
20-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Slight improvement suggested

Sloop John B (Beach Boys)

Great song Thommo but the Sect43 guys need to start writing songs to slightly more modern toons - Nirvana, Kaiser Chiefs, Drowning Pool, Prodigy

More modern tunes? Surely you mean something by Jedward or the like :wink:

TBF, some of the older tunes are better suited for football match ditties. Or what do you suggest we have as lyrics for "Smack my bitch up". That'd be a bit of a bummer trying to sing along to at the football.

RIP
20-09-2011, 11:59 AM
More modern tunes? Surely you mean something by Jedward or the like :wink:

TBF, some of the older tunes are better suited for football match ditties. Or what do you suggest we have as lyrics for "Smack my bitch up". That'd be a bit of a bummer trying to sing along to at the football.

:faf:

Ya auld fart KM :greengrin

Nah - just the sort of stadium rock and festival anthems that get thousands of people singing along - Smells Like Green Spirit, Let The Hibees Hear You Roar - gerrit

It don't matter to me
'Cos all I want to be
Is a loyal supporter
Of the great Hibees

Thomson1875
20-09-2011, 12:04 PM
If theirs any songs that use guys can write up then we will give it ago at a game depending on how good / easy to sing it is.

Northernhibee
20-09-2011, 02:45 PM
You can take your bag of sweeties and f#ck off,
You can take your bag of sweeties,
Take your bag of sweeties,
Take your bag of sweeties and f#ck off
(GET TAE F#CK)

H18sry
20-09-2011, 02:53 PM
You can take your bag of sweeties,
Take your bag of sweeties,
Take your bag of sweeties and f#ck off
(GET TAE F#CK)

I don't think its they sort of songs we need at ER :rolleyes:

Northernhibee
20-09-2011, 02:59 PM
I don't think its they sort of songs we need at ER :rolleyes:

Was slightly tongue in cheek, but then again CC isn't the kind of manager we need at ER.

H18sry
20-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Was slightly tongue in cheek, but then again CC isn't the kind of manager we need at ER.

Wether we need him or not we are stuck with him, and it would be better for all concerned to support the manager and the team.

Monts
20-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Have always thought My Hero by the Foo Fighters would lend itself to a player chant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdnpFlfAORE

Speed it up a little without the long gap in the middle, and exchange the word 'ordinary' with players name.

David Murphy fits perfectly, but alas :boo hoo:

Northernhibee
20-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Wether we need him or not we are stuck with him, and it would be better for all concerned to support the manager and the team.

Support the team, yes, but after the whole 'bag of sweeties' debacle I'll never support Calamity Colin.

Thomson1875
20-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Has anyone got a video of us, the folk up the back singing hoist up pre match? was 6-7 folk filming us on their phones.

H18sry
20-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Support the team, yes, but after the whole 'bag of sweeties' debacle I'll never support Calamity Colin.

But shouting abuse at the manager during a game does not support the team.

frazeHFC
20-09-2011, 03:54 PM
So hoist up the green and white flagCan't here the home stands singCome on hibees, we will sing on our ownDn't wanna go homeDon't wanna go homeThis is the best trip I've ever been on.Sang on the train through by a few of us.That is great. :thumbsup: Take it that it is to the tune of the song that Blackpool fans sing?

Thomson1875
20-09-2011, 03:56 PM
That is great. :thumbsup: Take it that it is to the tune of the song that Blackpool fans sing?

yeah mate, and FCUM sing a song to the tune as well, seemed to take off well in dunfermline. Now trying to get some new songs written its not easy though.

Northernhibee
20-09-2011, 03:59 PM
But shouting abuse at the manager during a game does not support the team.

In between making my feelings known about Coco the clown, I'll support the team untill my voice gives up - I'd almost entirely lost my voice the few days after the derby and that was from supporting the actual team.

I'll still make my feelings known about CC at the end of the game, every game though - we gave him one last chance to salvage his reputation as a first team manager - he'd nearly done something with that unbeaten run early in the year - but the whole bag of sweeties debacle, leaving faithful Hibees in a state of not knowing who our manager was going to be for the season (which I'd be amazed if it didn't hamper pre-season in some way or another) was disrespectful in the extreme.

We gave him a chance and he took the piss out of us. I don't stand for **** like that against my club, if others want to, feel free.

However I will still keep cheering on the actual team when they are playing.

Barney McGrew
20-09-2011, 04:18 PM
This is the best trip I've ever been on

East End Park?

I take it you don't get out too often :greengrin

Thomson1875
20-09-2011, 04:20 PM
East End Park?

I take it you don't get out too often :greengrin

You can't beat a trip to East End Park imo :wink:

H18sry
20-09-2011, 04:28 PM
:singing::music:Oh we played inSouth Morrocco,
And we played in USA,
Tonight we play in Motherwell,
It's still Hibees all the way.
GLORYGLORYHFC.:music::singing:

happiehibbie
20-09-2011, 04:53 PM
I have a song that i think you could use its based on a Abba song thank you for the music

Thank you for the Hibees, the songs were singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without them, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a Goal or a roar what are we?
So I say thank you for the Hibees and giving them to me

Northernhibee
20-09-2011, 05:02 PM
To the tune of Kings of Leon:

Ten thousand Hibees,
Making a sound,
Easter road's bouncing
It's bouncing,

Woooooooah,
The Hibs are on fire...

.Sean.
20-09-2011, 05:04 PM
I have a song that i think you could use its based on a Abba song thank you for the music

Thank you for the Hibees, the songs were singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without them, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a Goal or a roar what are we?
So I say thank you for the Hibees and giving them to me

Maybe for the homosexual branch of the Hibs Supporters Association (if one even exists).

You'd get laughed out of town for singing that at the game and rightly so!

happiehibbie
20-09-2011, 05:10 PM

Maybe for the homosexual branch of the Hibs Supporters Association (if one even exists).

You'd get laughed out of town for singing that at the game and rightly so!

it may sound gay but it works lol but am at piece with my sex so i would go for it lol maybe we could rock it up a bit