PDA

View Full Version : Colin, let's get really ugly

monktonharp
19-09-2011, 08:08 PM
CC let's stop muckin about, get the players to start getting stuck in about the opposition and realise that it's the club's existence in the top league that's at stake and their wages,and let's not forget that the loyalty of the Hibernian fans has been stretched....and is almost irretreivable, if it continues. An extremely ugly win, to keep us in the cup will do me tommorow.

AlbertK86
19-09-2011, 08:21 PM
CC let's stop muckin about, get the players to start getting stuck in about the opposition and realise that it's the club's existence in the top league that's at stake and their wages,and let's not forget that the loyalty of the Hibernian fans has been stretched....and is almost irretreivable, if it continues. An extremely ugly win, to keep us in the cup will do me tommorow.

Can we get any uglier !!

Only way i can see us getting uglier is to bring back Benny Brazil and sign Davie Dodds !!

Seriously any win will do !!

keep the faith
19-09-2011, 08:31 PM
We are playing the ugliest stuff since lexo already! How about we lift our heads and try to play some football!

Dinkydoo
19-09-2011, 09:27 PM
We are playing the ugliest stuff since lexo already! How about we lift our heads and try to play some football!

Amen to that!

nortonhibby
19-09-2011, 09:33 PM

I Have accepted defeat and already moved on to avoid the pain, if by the good of Alah we somehow muster a win it will feel so good:flag:

monktonharp
19-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Can we get any uglier !!

Only way i can see us getting uglier is to bring back Benny Brazil and sign Davie Dodds !!

Seriously any win will do !!that's exactly my point, any win,but with this lot, it will be very ugly, as trying to play fitba' just does not seem to be in their/managers' mindset

heretoday
20-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Don't get too ugly or all the players will be suspended and we'll have no team left.

Stevie Reid
20-09-2011, 08:34 AM

Things were never this bad under Miller, we always had good footballers in the team with Miller, from Dougie Bell onwards, and from 1991 onwards we played some great stuff, 1993-95 being the highlight - it's hugely insulting to Miller to make any comparison to Calderwood.

Calderwood implied that we might win ugly on occasion, and we would have accepted that - continually losing ugly was never supposed to be on the menu, but has been constantly served up for the last year. It cannot possibly get any uglier.

Dashing Bob S
20-09-2011, 11:27 AM
What's Stevie Fulton doing on Saturdays these days?

Stevie Reid
20-09-2011, 11:30 AM

I believe that he was thinking about going into management before realising that he would ultimately spend his entire career in the stand.

Dinkydoo
20-09-2011, 11:30 AM

Probably getting himself kicked out of bars and restaurants for being ugly....:greengrin

Hibee87
20-09-2011, 11:39 AM
PLay the ball on the desk its as easy as that! im not talking barca type passing and runs but when our defence have the ball maybe think about passing the ball forward and not a hoof to oconnor.

as I was explaining to my mate at work just now. when you watch us play the ball will be with hanlon/o'hanlon and they take a step or two forward, turn back and pass to stack who in turn boots it up the park.

when you watched dunfermline at the weekend the keeper passes to the right/left back takes a fe steps forward, passes to the centre mid who playes it to the wonger and lo and behold 3 or 4 passes and they are in a crossing position.

CC STOP BYPASSING THE MIDFIELD FFS

rant over.

Peevemor
20-09-2011, 11:43 AM
PLay the ball on the desk...

That's a sure way to spill you coffee and knacker your computer. :tsk tsk:

Andy74
20-09-2011, 11:43 AM
PLay the ball on the desk its as easy as that! im not talking barca type passing and runs but when our defence have the ball maybe think about passing the ball forward and not a hoof to oconnor.

as I was explaining to my mate at work just now. when you watch us play the ball will be with hanlon/o'hanlon and they take a step or two forward, turn back and pass to stack who in turn boots it up the park.

when you watched dunfermline at the weekend the keeper passes to the right/left back takes a fe steps forward, passes to the centre mid who playes it to the wonger and lo and behold 3 or 4 passes and they are in a crossing position.

CC STOP BYPASSING THE MIDFIELD FFS

rant over.

Bring back Kevin McBride :greengrin

Stevie Reid
20-09-2011, 11:49 AM
To play quick, attacking, passing football you need at least one player who has the ability take the ball in a tight space and make things happen (i.e a playmaker) - as things are, when we shift the ball it is so slow (and the quality of pass usually so poor), that the opposition has plenty time to get their midfield and defensive banks set up before our attack has even started.

I think that the team then feels it's only chance of getting in behind the opposition is to launch it forward as soon as an opposition attack breaks down - this of course fails as we have no one who can make a telling 40/50 yard pass, nor anyone who can hold the ball up effectively.

It's dire stuff already, it can't possibly get worse in terms of football - the results couldn't get much worse, but you never know.

Hibee87
20-09-2011, 12:12 PM
That's a sure way to spill you coffee and knacker your computer. :tsk tsk:

:na na:

Gatecrasher
20-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Really ugly is what we have been watching for some time now, the last few weeks in particular have been really really ugly

Albion Hibs
20-09-2011, 12:25 PM
I would agree with the OP, any win will do. I dont care if it is the ugliest win in history as long as we get through this round. The beautiful bara football can come much later for me. More than anything I want to see us getting properly stuck in, getting bored of watching players only go in for challanges that are 60/40 in their favour, we need to start competing for everything, even when it looks like it is against us.

CmoantheHibs
20-09-2011, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=Hibee87;2921287]PLay the ball on the desk its as easy as that!

What will we use the pitch at ER for after we move the matches into CCs office?Im sure the way our attendances are dropping they could be accomodated in there though:greengrin

keep the faith
20-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Things were never this bad under Miller, we always had good footballers in the team with Miller, from Dougie Bell onwards, and from 1991 onwards we played some great stuff, 1993-95 being the highlight - it's hugely insulting to Miller to make any comparison to Calderwood.

Calderwood implied that we might win ugly on occasion, and we would have accepted that - continually losing ugly was never supposed to be on the menu, but has been constantly served up for the last year. It cannot possibly get any uglier.

Your right, this team is worse than miller's but the quality of player at Hibs in lexos time was vastly superior. Despite some terrific players availiable to him we played some dire stuff at times.

Oh for a Jackson, oneill, mcallister or wier at Hibs now.....

Stevie Reid
20-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Your right, this team is worse than miller's but the quality of player at Hibs in lexos time was vastly superior. Despite some terrific players availiable to him we played some dire stuff at times.

Oh for a Jackson, oneill, mcallister or wier at Hibs now.....

We were defensive when we needed to be (over the first few seasons as it turned out) because we needed to consolidate our league status prior to climbing the league. At the beginning of Miller's reign the match day squad was 13 as there were only two subs allowed, and there were no Bosmans and therefore no wholesale changes of playing staff every summer - free transfers were rare, and Miller tended to spend most of his transfer budget on one quality player. The core of our squad stayed the same for a good number of years, and he made them better, like good managers should do.

He began by making us tight at the back to stop us losing, then that defensive solidity took us forward as every year he would make one or two signings to add to the team, truly building a team year on year (whilst being no stranger to having to sell or best players) - by 1993 we had a team that contained Wright, Jackson, McAllister, O'Neill and McGinlay every week.

This is a completely different environment than when AM was here, but the fact that Miller had better players at his disposal than Calderwood has now is simply down the ability of the respective managers - CC has had more scope to transform the squad than any other manager since McLeish, and has made us worse than we've been under every one of them. If CC had shown AM's eye for a player and/or his ability to improve the players we have/had, we would not be in this mess right now.