PDA

View Full Version : Euro Disney

DH1875
19-09-2011, 06:10 PM
What's the script with this place, anyone ever been? Thinking of booking up for March and while I fully expect the place to be expensive, just how expensive is it? Do you need to go FB/HB or are there places out and about where you can eat. Is it close to Paris, and what's the best way to get from the airport. Thinking of staying at the Santa Fe but open to suggestions so do tell.

DH1875
22-09-2011, 05:14 PM
C'mon people. Someone on here has to have been :confused:.

Jay
22-09-2011, 07:04 PM
What's the script with this place, anyone ever been? Thinking of booking up for March and while I fully expect the place to be expensive, just how expensive is it? Do you need to go FB/HB or are there places out and about where you can eat. Is it close to Paris, and what's the best way to get from the airport. Thinking of staying at the Santa Fe but open to suggestions so do tell.

Its usually cheaper to stay in one of the nearby hotels like the holiday inn. There is a train from the airport or a bus. There are plenty eating places in Disney at different price ranges but the norm if you have kids is the mcdonalds type places which are cheap and cheerful.The buffet breakfasts in the resort are pretty good value.

You might find depending on the ages of the kids that staying in a disney hotel is cheaper if you book direct with them as they do the kids go free offers. Check out their website.

If you search on here there was a thread about it last year I think.

Its about half an hour or so drive from Paris I think but again the train will take you there. The train station is literally at the gates of disney and about 10 to 15 mins walk from the santa fe

Hope that helps

Leicester Fan
23-09-2011, 09:54 AM
I've heard it's a bit of a Mickey Mouse organisation.

Billy
23-09-2011, 08:26 PM
I think Mrs S has about covered it.

I've been there twice and the first time I stayed in Paris and booked a bus to Euro Disney for the day. The bus took us straight into the park and there was loads of places to eat.

The last time we went (took the kids this time :greengrin ) was around a year ago. We did the overnight train to London and then got a Euro train direct to the park. We decided not to stay in the park itself but a hotel around 5-10 minutes walk away but still Disneyfied.

Upon arrival at the train station (on the doorstep of the park) our bags were taken to the hotel and we went straight to the park for a few hours. Back at the hotel, we booked in and picked up our luggage.

There is a Mcdonalds, Hard Rock Cafe and numerous other Cafe's, pubs etc before going into the park. Upon entering the park your bags are searched but once in there is loads to do and plenty to eat and drink.

We went just before christmas and took in the whole winter carnivale, meeting santa, street parades etc.

We book a package deal which included travel, hotel, meals and access to the park.

We stayed at the Disney’s Newport Bay Club which i'd probably give a 4/5 and that was only down to lifts not working at times and I have a kid who was using a wheelchair.

ronaldo7
23-09-2011, 08:51 PM

I would save your cash up for the year after, and go to Orlando.

I've been to Disneyland in California when I was younger and thought it was great, until I went to Orlando, Florida. I went to Euro Disney and it's not a patch on Florida.

Whatever you do, hope you have a good time.