PDA

View Full Version : Colin Calderwood - 2007

Gettin' Auld
19-09-2011, 08:13 AM
Here's an article i found from the time he was joining Notts Forest - I wonder what happened between then and now?

This doesn't sound like a description of the same person we have at Easter Rd!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/content/articles/2006/06/01/geoff_doyle_on_colin_calderwood_feature.shtml

nortonhibby
19-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Here's an article i found from the time he was joining Notts Forest - I wonder what happened between then and now?

This doesn't sound like a description of the same person we have at Easter Rd!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/content/articles/2006/06/01/geoff_doyle_on_colin_calderwood_feature.shtml

They bit about Attractive Passing football was the funny bit

Dashing Bob S
19-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Well I'm convinced and prepared to hold my hand up and say I was wrong.

Give Caldo till Christmas!

Craig_in_Prague
19-09-2011, 01:37 PM
He advocates passing football and his teams play attractive football, his teams also don't concede very many.

:faf:

Gettin' Auld
19-09-2011, 02:09 PM
He advocates passing football and his teams play attractive football, his teams also don't concede very many.

Maybe it's a different Colin Calderwood?

:greengrin

stu in nottingham
19-09-2011, 02:34 PM
He advocates passing football and his teams play attractive football.

I think he must mean he advocates other teams playing passing football. Either that or this is another Colin Calderwood. We should be told.

Incidentally, my understanding is that Northampton fans didn't like him either!

MCameron
19-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Either that or this is another Colin Calderwood. We should be told!

Identical twin folks ken whits gaun oan likes

EK_Hibs
19-09-2011, 06:53 PM
"Colin is an intelligent manager, although he is still learning his trade. He advocates passing football and his teams play attractive football"

I wish.

lucky
19-09-2011, 06:59 PM
He appears to have all credentials but he has been murder at ER. I don't think he has settled because of his family situation. Working away from effects us all differently. He needs resolve his personal life and get on with his career.

Saorsa
19-09-2011, 07:35 PM
He advocates passing football and his teams play attractive football,:faf:
Everything I've seen since he's been in charge has had me wanting tae poke my eyes out with rusty nails.

Maybe in a parallel universe. :dunno:

nortonhibby
19-09-2011, 09:51 PM
"Colin is an intelligent manager, although he is still learning his trade. He advocates passing football and his teams play attractive football"

I wish.

Aye still learning his trade in 2007, well its 2011 now and all i ever hear is he needs more time.:confused:

Dashing Bob S
20-09-2011, 11:33 AM
He appears to have all credentials but he has been murder at ER. I don't think he has settled because of his family situation. Working away from effects us all differently. He needs resolve his personal life and get on with his career.

This, I believe, is the crux of Calderwood's mediocrity. I can't explain it in any other way. I think he took the job expecting that he'd be able to either relocate his family here, or that it wouldn't have been such an issue for him working away as it has evidently been.

Players, strange as it sometimes may seem, are sentient human beings and they can sense when somebody's mind ain't on the job. Caldo proved as much with his preseason dithering. He wants home and he's got to the stage that he can't fake it anymore. He should do the honourable thing for club and family and take off, rather than act out what is obviously some covert war of attrition over compensation with Petrie. All he's doing here is messing up his CV making him more unemployable down south.

As they say, they fiddle while Rome burns.