PDA

View Full Version : The Old Firm ..unfortunately

zero-seven
18-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Watched the match last night in Australia...this is how we should play..fast, accurate, both teams creating and threatening..passing through the midfield..chances to score at both ends..OK not perfect, but 100 times better than we could muster..we look like a second division team at the moment..clueless in all aspects, no confidence, no fitness.

am waitnig for something to happen or change so we can be a threat again..unfortunately cant see it from this group of players or management. if we get to Christmas mid table, i would be most surprised

apologies for such negativity, but for 50 years i have supported this fantastic club and have never been so unhappy with the current squad , attitude, fitness levels, lack of creativity and decisions coming from Easter Road ..long season ahead .

Lofarl
18-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Off topic I know but how brutal is the flight to Austraila. I'm supposed to be going next year for 3 weeks.

On topic we would need a radical change to see Hibs play anything like we did 4 years ago. We would need a entire change of the board and management and put an end to the lazy booze culture that our club is known for now.

Sammy7nil
18-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Watched the match last night in Australia...this is how we should play..fast, accurate, both teams creating and threatening..passing through the midfield..chances to score at both ends..OK not perfect, but 100 times better than we could muster..we look like a second division team at the moment..clueless in all aspects, no confidence, no fitness.

am waitnig for something to happen or change so we can be a threat again..unfortunately cant see it from this group of players or management. if we get to Christmas mid table, i would be most surprised

apologies for such negativity, but for 50 years i have supported this fantastic club and have never been so unhappy with the current squad , attitude, fitness levels, lack of creativity and decisions coming from Easter Road ..long season ahead .

The reason Edinburgh Derbies are not like this is because other than for 3 or 4 years out of the last 30 Hibs go in to derbies with a VERY negative attitude.

nortonhibby
18-09-2011, 09:53 PM
The reason Edinburgh Derbies are not like this is because other than for 3 or 4 years out of the last 30 Hibs go in to derbies with a VERY negative attitude.

I Can recall when Eddie was in charge and i can tell you we did not go into Derbys with a negative attitude them ower at the PBS Did though.:thumbsup:

zero-seven
19-09-2011, 01:54 AM
Off topic I know but how brutal is the flight to Austraila. I'm supposed to be going next year for 3 weeks.

good flight going over as you are excited ..do a stopover to break it up..Bangkok caters for all tastes if you know what i mean !! flight back is a *****t$r as you just want it over and done with ..

where are you going..? as i have lived in Perth, Sydney and now Canberra

Perth Rocks, Sydney is too busy and expensive..Canberra is ok

broonie27
19-09-2011, 03:08 AM
good flight going over as you are excited ..do a stopover to break it up..Bangkok caters for all tastes if you know what i mean !! flight back is a *****t$r as you just want it over and done with ..

where are you going..? as i have lived in Perth, Sydney and now Canberra

Perth Rocks, Sydney is too busy and expensive..Canberra is ok

off topic (kind of) but Canberra sucks big time. think Livingstone with no old firm fans.

Septimus
19-09-2011, 03:57 AM
A principal problem with Hibs is that we try to live within our budget.

Auckland Hibs
19-09-2011, 04:02 AM
off topic (kind of) but Canberra sucks big time. think Livingstone with no old firm fans.

:hijack:

It can't be any worse than Adelaide?!

Was supposed to spent 10 days there and lasted 1 before flying to Perth - I think people only come out after dark because it was empty!

I love Sydney but it's too full on, Melbourne is a cracking place for a visit.

Lucius Apuleius
19-09-2011, 06:11 AM
Get yourselves up north!!!! Karatha, Port Headland, Broom, Darwin. Think wild west!!! Brilliant.

Steve-O
19-09-2011, 07:00 AM
:hijack:

It can't be any worse than Adelaide?!

Was supposed to spent 10 days there and lasted 1 before flying to Perth - I think people only come out after dark because it was empty!

I love Sydney but it's too full on, Melbourne is a cracking place for a visit.

Aye sounds like you checked the place out pretty thoroughly :rolleyes:

Auckland Hibs
19-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Aye sounds like you checked the place out pretty thoroughly :rolleyes:

1 day to realise there's nothing there to see or do, unless you like churches :na na:

Steve-O
19-09-2011, 10:46 AM
1 day to realise there's nothing there to see or do, unless you like churches :na na:

I thought Adelaide was alright, nothing spectacular but a nice enough place. Don't really rate Perth that much higher to be honest with you.