PDA

View Full Version : Victor Palsson

Mango Man
18-09-2011, 12:52 PM
As the weeks go by, I'm becoming more and more disappointed in him. For the pedigree he has he just doesn't assert himself enough in a terrible SPL, I'm quite glad we only signed him on an 18 month contract now, he really needs to up his game.

Northernhibee
18-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Why the **** do all of our best youngsters get worse under CC?

****ing detest the man.

Albion Hibs
18-09-2011, 12:59 PM
So many on here have hailed this guy as the best thing since sliced bread. Where it has ever come from I will know know, I can remember him sticking in two challenges and getting dominated by St Mirrens CM last season at easter road, other than that he has never shown anything, so to that end I dont know where his pedegree comes from....a tin perhaps.

Dont get me wrong, he is still fairly young, whilst he came to us from Liverpool, he could not get his game a Dagenham and Redbridge so to have such high expectations is perhaps unfair. He may develop into a player, but I dont think time on the bench would do him any harm, like many of the younger players where possible.

I would also like him to cut out his nights out with yams and p%ssing on the floor of a dance hall!

Albion Hibs
18-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Why the **** do all of our best youngsters get worse under CC?

****ing detest the man.

I think at times we have to be honest and say perhaps they have only been as good as we wanted to believe they were. Perhaps a reflection the team in general over the past two/three years that we cling on and over-hype anything that looks like a prospect - one swallow does not make a summer, and all that.

Players like Wotherspoon had a few good games, I can remember 5 + years back when players had to have a good season, maybe more before they got any such status as some seem to get after a good performance in the league. He may still become a good player, but there has been a huge weight put on him.

As for blaming the manager, I dont think so.

Cropley10
18-09-2011, 08:11 PM
I think at times we have to be honest and say perhaps they have only been as good as we wanted to believe they were. Perhaps a reflection the team in general over the past two/three years that we cling on and over-hype anything that looks like a prospect - one swallow does not make a summer, and all that.

Players like Wotherspoon had a few good games, I can remember 5 + years back when players had to have a good season, maybe more before they got any such status as some seem to get after a good performance in the league. He may still become a good player, but there has been a huge weight put on him.

Don't worry everyone on here knows that's the very last thing you'll do. As we slide into Div 1 you'll be the lone voice in the wilderness.

Albion Hibs
18-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Don't worry everyone on here knows that's the very last thing you'll do. As we slide into Div 1 you'll be the lone voice in the wilderness.

Good post, well thought through and very much in keeping with the thread. Keep up the good work.

weedgiehibbie
18-09-2011, 08:43 PM
I reckon Palsson can, maybe, will be a good player but has currently lost form. possibly confidence well, and for the past few games, has been poor - but then who in our defence/midfield hasnt been?.

A wee spell on the bench might possibly be the best thing but then we we may not have much better to come in, a midfield 4 of Sproule, Scott, Stevenson, Galbraith has me interested in how that would fair.

FitbaFolkKen
18-09-2011, 08:53 PM

This mentality is surely the result of having nothing to be excited about at ER. Fans searching for something positive about their club. The "over-hype" is another indication that our club is struggling but I wouldn't criticise the fans for trying to find positives in amongst all the rubbish we are getting served up!

It is the manager that is serving this up, therefore he can be blamed.

Albion Hibs
18-09-2011, 08:57 PM
This mentality is surely the result of having nothing to be excited about at ER. Fans searching for something positive about their club. The "over-hype" is another indication that our club is struggling but I wouldn't criticise the fans for trying to find positives in amongst all the rubbish we are getting served up!

It is the manager that is serving this up, therefore he can be blamed.

I dont have a problem with us fans looking for something positive, I am all on board for that. But I dont think you can blame CC for any players just not being good enough.

smurf
18-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Hard to judge our midfielders when the ball is flying over their heads all the time...

SurferRosa
18-09-2011, 09:24 PM
I dont have a problem with us fans looking for something positive, I am all on board for that. But I dont think you can blame CC for any players just not being good enough.
Jeezo, it wiznae Calderwoods fault they`re no good enough.......http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/hilarious.gif ....http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/hilarious.gif ...HaHaHaHaHa....unbelievable.
:faf:.yer havin a ****ing laugh are ye.........Christ, he ****ing signed them man.....or maybe it wiz the tooth fairy?..:faf: .

Albion Hibs
18-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Ha ha yer havin a ****in laugh are ye.........Christ, he ****in signed them man.....or maybe it wiz the tooth fairy? Jeezo, it wiznae Calderwoods fault they`re no good enough...........hahahahahahahah..unbelievable.

He did sign Palsson, so who is "them"?

SurferRosa
18-09-2011, 09:36 PM
He did sign Palsson, so who is "them"?

Palsson, O Hanlon, Thornhill, Agogo....aye, they`re all quality..:-(

Reaper
19-09-2011, 08:01 AM
Calderwood is a buffoon but Palssons attitude leaves alot to be desired. He is more interested in meeting up with Eggert Jonsson and the lad from Aberdeen to get reeking just now than fighting his way back into the team. He says Calderwood doesn't fancy him and his attitude is to moan and mump rather than get his head down and fight for his place. Apparently that was his attitude at Liverpool as well :confused: