PDA

View Full Version : NHC Steven Fletcher Speaks On His Scotland Exile

H18sry
18-09-2011, 12:19 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/scotland/2011/09/18/steven-fletcher-admits-he-feels-scotland-future-is-out-of-his-control-86908-23429446/ Get it sorted Potter the ball is back in your court :agree:

Hibstrooper
18-09-2011, 12:25 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/scotland/2011/09/18/steven-fletcher-admits-he-feels-scotland-future-is-out-of-his-control-86908-23429446/ Get it sorted Potter the ball is back in your court :agree:

If only he played for the old firm Levein would have spread his legs for him long ago!

Gettin' Auld
18-09-2011, 12:30 PM
If only he played for the old firm Levein would have spread his legs for him long ago!
That doesn't make for a pleasant mental image!!

Hibbyradge
18-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Ah, boys and their ego's.

bod
18-09-2011, 01:43 PM

the balls still with Fletcher,all he has to do is phone Levein

The Green Goblin
18-09-2011, 01:44 PM
I just read the whole interview, and the thing that's missing, the "elephant in the interview", to paraphrase the journo, is what actually did happen in the first place to cause the problem. It doesn't say - either from Potter or Fletcher's perspective. It sort of glosses over that like nothing happened.

?

GG

Hainan Hibs
18-09-2011, 01:56 PM
They both need to drop the egos and get past whatever issue they have.

People can argue over who should call who, but in my opinion both of them should be on the phone. If Fletcher wants to play for Scotland he should call, simple as. If Levein wants Fletcher in the squad, all he has to do is get in contact with Fletcher, and being almost double Fletcher's age plus being the manager he should have no problem being the bigger man and getting on the phone. He had no problems doing the same with Ferguson.

However, there are egos involved, and unfortunately I cannot see this issue being solved anytime soon.

PatHead
18-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Fletcher should call Harry and tell him he wants to play for Scotland. During the conversation he should make it clear he has never not wanted to play for Scotland. Harry should diplomatically accept the call and start choosing Fletch. No apologies needed from either..

Life is too short

500miles
18-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Fletcher has made it publically clear that he never wanted to stop playing for scotland.
Levein has peddled LIES about Steven in the press and the boy has been villified in the papers. I wouldn't swallow my pride either - especially when I know I'm too good a player to leave out.

Seveno
18-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Simple solution. Change the manager.

Danny_Hibee
18-09-2011, 05:31 PM

As much as I don't like Levein and would rather almost anyone else in charge of the national team that's just not true. Levein has stressed how much more emphasis he puts on players playing in top leagues (ie the EPL) rather than playing for the old firm and his squad and team selections have backed this up.

We'll probably never know exactly what started this all with Fletch but from that interview he needs to decide whats more important - playing for the national team or keeping his ego intact! Hopefully he makes the right choice eventually because he is without a doubt one of the best players we have at our disposal.