PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions re Petrie

Hibbyradge
18-09-2011, 09:32 AM
1. What would be gained if he walked away?

2. Who would do better?

1two
18-09-2011, 09:48 AM
1.hopefully someone with a vision to move hibs forward as as FOOTBALL club following the legacy Petrie has left

2. I'm not sure but I guess the 6 figure salary left by Petrie would mean there no shortage of options

macca70
18-09-2011, 09:49 AM

2. Who would do better?

1. The club would be freshened up and get an injection of enthusiasm and new ideas that we desperately need. Our club is currently rotten from inside and going stale.

2. Any businessman that is; passionate about his business, a man manager capable of motivating and providing the 1st team manager with some direction/support.

I don't know who that person is but that's why you have an interview process to find the most suitable candidate.

The Falcon
18-09-2011, 10:01 AM
1. The club would be freshened up and get an injection of enthusiasm and new ideas that we desperately need. Our club is currently rotten from inside and going stale.

2. Any businessman that is; passionate about his business, a man manager capable of motivating and providing the 1st team manager with some direction/support.

I don't know who that person is but that's why you have an interview process to find the most suitable candidate.

Business is about making money, nothing else. I can only think of a couple of very successful businessmen who have made money from football. I can think of shed loads who came into football as very rich men but left considerable poorer.

blackpoolhibs
18-09-2011, 10:15 AM
What would be gained if Petrie walked away, thats a good question? The honest answer is i dont know?

What i do think though, is his time has run its course. It happens to the best, they all go through a bad term, and the best bow out when they know its time.

Petrie is hanging about like Joe Bugner, and fighting when it was apparent to everyone his best days were well behind him.

Who do we get to replace him? I have no idea, although he cant be the only person capable of doing what he does?

I understand the argument against change for changes sake, yet i dont see what he's done over the last 4 years thats made this football team progress.

His record in managers appointments should be enough for him to be asked to leave , that and his stance in keeping this one during sweetiegate is more than enough for anyone to be asked to leave imo.

macca70
18-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Business is about making money, nothing else. I can only think of a couple of very successful businessmen who have made money from football. I can think of shed loads who came into football as very rich men but left considerable poorer.

Not necessarily, it's all about making your business a success doesnt have to be making money. Ideally we would be making profit but realistically probably breaking even.

Success could be measured in various ways; league position, bank balance, Trophies etc

cam2644
18-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Not necessarily, it's all about making your business a success doesnt have to be making money. Ideally we would be making profit but realistically probably breaking even.

Success could be measured in various ways; league position, bank balance, Trophies etc

And on all scores Petrie is failing now.

1875 NO 1
18-09-2011, 11:01 AM

2. Who would do better?

1. save on his salary. ..................which when the held back accouts are realeased will show his salary has been cut. Replace him with a non exec chairman which until petrie became the first chairman to take a salary, who will set a new strategic direction for the club and wont have a fraction of the power and control petrie has

2. plenty of quality canditates who are Hibs men. who could do worse?

down the slope
18-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Is he not vice chairman of the SFA ?, he can go and make an arse of that and leave us in peace. No wait, he is behind the ten team league which would be another nail in the coffin of Scottish football.