PDA

View Full Version : HIBS AND CALDERWOOD - no chemistry?

Forza Fred
17-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Many have been pretty forthright in their viewpoint that Calderwood should go, with much personal vitriol being used.

The board seem reluctant to admit ther error, buti in fairness to them the hiring of a manager is a bit of a hit or a miss thing.

And sometimes, the reason why a manager can be deemed a 'success'at one club but a numpty at another is hard to work out.

Sometimes its just not meant to be, and the ''chemistry 'may work at one club for someone, but is totally absent at another.

Examples

Tony Mowbray was deemed a success at Hibs but useless at Celtic.

Gordon Strachan was viewed as a competent manager while in the EPL, but again got his jotters at Middlesbrough

Brian Clough was a legend atDderby but lasted only a few days at Leeds

Roy Hodgson was highly thought of at Fulham, but couldnt take a trick at Liverpool

Obviously analysts could point to this or that for t'he reasons why success could turn into failure, but simply someimtes its just not meant to be at a particular club for a particular rmanager, and I really think this is the case when it comes to Calderwood.

The Board need to accept the glaring obvious fact that for whatever reason, and without apportioning blame, it is simply not working, and it is obvious by now that it is NOT going to work.

Everyone is suffering from Calderwood's continued reign, and they should without acrimony, just say to him.."" Sorry, but īts just not working Colin" and move him on.

The reality is though, there is no guarantee that his replacemnt wlilturn out to be any different, until he comes in.

ronaldo7
17-09-2011, 10:34 PM
How about our next managerial appointment, the short leet spent a week at the HTC with the players going through their paces. If we're going to get it right, as most of the Managers job is on the training ground, why don't we put them through their paces.:dunno:

Septimus
18-09-2011, 06:31 AM
The transfer windows make a successful debut as a manager at a club like ours very difficult. If, however, transfer windows come and go and things appear to continue to get worse it is time to look elsewhere for a new manager.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-09-2011, 07:19 AM
The mans time was up when he came out with the bags of sweets pish. How he is still in the job is a mystery.

hibiedude
18-09-2011, 07:28 AM
The simple facts are what makes the man (Petrie) picking our managers an expert? We have gone through too many managers in a short period so that’s tells us Petrie judgement is in question.

We have a great stadium and training facilities BUT we have a rank rotten team- attendances are way down and are still dropping and to prove that point we sit bottom in the SPL.

There comes a time when people at the top need to move on to allow a club to move forward I believe that time has come for Rod Petrie.

I know your thread was about HIBS AND CALDERWOOD - no chemistry? But that gives the impression Calderwood is the only problem we have

EasterRoad4Ever
18-09-2011, 07:43 AM
Many have been pretty forthright in their viewpoint that Calderwood should go, with much personal vitriol being used.

The board seem reluctant to admit ther error, buti in fairness to them the hiring of a manager is a bit of a hit or a miss thing.

And sometimes, the reason why a manager can be deemed a 'success'at one club but a numpty at another is hard to work out.

Sometimes its just not meant to be, and the ''chemistry 'may work at one club for someone, but is totally absent at another.

Examples

Tony Mowbray was deemed a success at Hibs but useless at Celtic.

Gordon Strachan was viewed as a competent manager while in the EPL, but again got his jotters at Middlesbrough

Brian Clough was a legend atDderby but lasted only a few days at Leeds

Roy Hodgson was highly thought of at Fulham, but couldnt take a trick at Liverpool

Obviously analysts could point to this or that for t'he reasons why success could turn into failure, but simply someimtes its just not meant to be at a particular club for a particular rmanager, and I really think this is the case when it comes to Calderwood.

The Board need to accept the glaring obvious fact that for whatever reason, and without apportioning blame, it is simply not working, and it is obvious by now that it is NOT going to work.

Everyone is suffering from Calderwood's continued reign, and they should without acrimony, just say to him.."" Sorry, but īts just not working Colin" and move him on.

The reality is though, there is no guarantee that his replacemnt wlilturn out to be any different, until he comes in.

That's all good and well, but Hibs had the perfect opportunity to extract everyone from that MISTAKE just a few weeks ago when a couple of EPL clubs were chasing CC's signature. To NOW be in a position where we may need to SACK the manager AND have to pay out money to do so is incompetence and utterly indefensible.

blackpoolhibs
18-09-2011, 07:53 AM
You are right, Calderwood does have no chemistry no spark, nothing he does or says excites us. That would all mean nothing if his team were sitting nicely in 3rd or 4th place this morning, but no we are not.

This man has alienated the support, he has us arguing with each other. He has split the club from top to bottom.

The managers actions in the summer, and even last season these rumours were doing the rounds, but not once did he commit to the club 100%.

This man has done nothing on the park, and nothing off it to galvanise the club and its support. Has there been a manager who has done so little in that department before, certainly not in my living memory.

Managers do talk bull at times, but that bull is done to try and build a siege mentality around that club, CLUELESS has actually done the opposite. Leadership at its worst, from a complete clown, yesterdays substitutions verified that.

GTF CALDERWOOD, YOU ARE NOT WANTED.

Northernhibee
18-09-2011, 08:11 AM
I think it's telling that nobody wants CC as manager. Only offers to come in were for assistant.

Spike Mandela
18-09-2011, 08:38 AM
The mans time was up when he came out with the bags of sweets pish. How he is still in the job is a mystery.

He's still in the job because master negotiator RP lost his gamble at trying to get clubs to stump up
more money for him. Now we are stuck with him and RP will look foolish if he sacks him after turning down compensation for him a few months ago.

RP will need to eat humble pie shortly though as things just can't continue with this loser.

Dashing Bob S
18-09-2011, 09:02 AM

I agree, I think he was a dead man walking from that point on. I understand why people want to give the manager time - god knows we need to with somebody - but they also have to show they have a game plan and scope for improvement and it also helps if they actually want to be here. This obviously hasn't happened and it's time to cut our loses and move on and hopefully still salvage part of a miserable season.

If we drift as we're doing the season will be over by Christmas, bar a relegation battle, and I dread to think what sort of attendances we'll be pulling. Get a new guy in, a bit of fitness, organisation, enthusiasm, have a team passing the ball and working for each other, and people will come back and we can still have a decent term.

greenlex
18-09-2011, 09:07 AM
The clock is certainly ticking.

MrSmith
18-09-2011, 09:15 AM
I agree, I think he was a dead man walking from that point on. I understand why people want to give the manager time - god knows we need to with somebody - but they also have to show they have a game plan and scope for improvement and it also helps if they actually want to be here. This obviously hasn't happened and it's time to cut our loses and move on and hopefully still salvage part of a miserable season.

If we drift as we're doing the season will be over by Christmas, bar a relegation battle, and I dread to think what sort of attendances we'll be pulling. Get a new guy in, a bit of fitness, organisation, enthusiasm, have a team passing the ball and working for each other, and people will come back and we can still have a decent term.

Gee whiz Bob, I'm speechless at this post! Never have I read a post as clear as this from your good self. :greengrin

ronaldo7
18-09-2011, 09:20 AM
The clock is certainly ticking.

I think it's stopped.