PDA

View Full Version : Utterly embarrassing headline from the Scotsman

greenlad
17-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Dunfermline 2-0 Hibernian: Double trouble as Thomsons claim Pars victory":confused:

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Dunfermline-20-Hibernian-Double-trouble.6838093.jp

They have obviously done their research in depth for that headline.

Dashing Bob S
17-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Dunfermline 2-0 Hibernian: Double trouble as Thomsons claim Pars victory":confused:

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Dunfermline-20-Hibernian-Double-trouble.6838093.jp

That 'paper' has become a total embarrassment and is dying a slow death, subsidised only by the EEN whose readership will be extinct in 20 years.

Wind it up now.

Jonnyboy
17-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Shambles

Match report tells of all the goals scored so no fault of the reporter but the sports sub editor responsible for the headline should get his jotters

Hibs Class
17-09-2011, 09:58 PM
They did the same last weekend with the rugby, a headline that showed the score as Scotland and Romania drawing 24 all. I'd been away on Fri/Sat so the headline was the first I saw of the game and it wasn't until I was at work on monday and commented how rare a draw in rugby was that I discovered Scotland had won 34-24.

Bayern Bru
17-09-2011, 11:44 PM
Looks like it's been fixed now, thankfully.

Sir David Gray
18-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Looks like it's been fixed now, thankfully.

Apart from the fact that Jason Thomson didn't score their second goal. In every other match report I've read/listened to, that goal's gone down as a Paul Hanlon own goal.

hhibs
18-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Once a proud newspaper now a joke of a rag/comic.
Circulation sinking without trace so seriously biased in its politics would have been quite at home in Nazi Germany!
Oh,did I mention I think its not very good?

TrickyNicky
18-09-2011, 12:02 AM

I wish they had made the mistake in our favour - it would be good for confidence!

KWJ
18-09-2011, 01:55 AM
You're a fud

Eh?

MWHIBBIES
18-09-2011, 02:47 AM
You're a fud:confused:

Gettin' Auld
18-09-2011, 07:23 AM
Well "Yahoo" can't seem to get it right either - According to them, we're still waiting for our first victory of the season.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/17092011/58/spl-hibs-chasing-first-win.html

Bayern Bru
18-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Once a proud newspaper now a joke of a rag/comic.
Circulation sinking without trace so seriously biased in its politics would have been quite at home in Nazi Germany!
Oh,did I mention I think its not very good?

That part isn't strictly true.

Hibs Class
18-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Sad to see the paper in such poor state. Their website is an embarassment, they make money out of the PMT driven tribalism between adolescent football fans giving the world an insight into the thoughts of those unfortunate enough to have bypassed the education system. Tomorrow will be a good example of how poor their website is. They will have an OF match report and an article with analysis. Both will be locked for comments which means that other threads will be hijacked with OF fans slagging off each other.

Bayern Bru
19-09-2011, 02:24 AM
Sad to see the paper in such poor state. Their website is an embarassment, they make money out of the PMT driven tribalism between adolescent football fans giving the world an insight into the thoughts of those unfortunate enough to have bypassed the education system.

The same could be said for all papers. :wink:

Dashing Bob S
19-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Eh?

It's such a contentious thread, passions running so high, it's perhaps inevitable that it would descend into personal attacks and name calling.

stu in nottingham
19-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Shambles

Match report tells of all the goals scored so no fault of the reporter but the sports sub editor responsible for the headline should get his jotters

Maybe we could arrange for the sub-ed to 'win' us a game J. Probably our best hope at the moment. ;)