PDA

View Full Version : So What Exactly Did Tangoman Mean Today On ESPN?

smurf
17-09-2011, 07:47 PM
I mean obviously to some he's just been reading too much of us on here etc etc...

However, Jimmy Calderwood said on ESPN today something along the lines of "...I know its difficult for John to say too much but there's problems behind the scenes...".

John Collins just raised a smile.

--------
17-09-2011, 07:52 PM
I mean obviously to some he's just been reading too much of us on here etc etc...

However, Jimmy Calderwood said on ESPN today something along the lines of "...I know its difficult for John to say too much but there's problems behind the scenes...".

I wonder what on earth he could have been referring to?

Or who? :devil:

nortonhibby
17-09-2011, 07:54 PM
I wonder what on earth he could have been referring to?

Or who? :devil:

Hmmm RP:na na::taxi

ronaldo7
17-09-2011, 07:57 PM

And then he went quiet.

God forbid we get him as our Manager if he can't say it like it is when he's not in our employ.

Big Pussy.

--------
17-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Hmmm RP:na na::taxi

Well, the only person who can do anything about Petrie is Farmer.

And he'd better wake up and do it soon, because we are in deep, deep trouble.

Saorsa
17-09-2011, 07:59 PM

John Collins just raised a smile.Could he have been referring tae the common denominator? :hmmm:

smurf
17-09-2011, 08:00 PM
And then he went quiet.

God forbid we get him as our Manager if he can't say it like it is when he's not in our employ.

Big Pussy.

That's not really the issue though is it? JC did speak out after he walked. Since then he's kept a dignified silence.

I sincerely hope if this thread has legs it doesn't go off on a JC debate...

The issue is what the tango man said or didn't!

ronaldo7
17-09-2011, 08:16 PM
That's not really the issue though is it? JC did speak out after he walked. Since then he's kept a dignified silence.

I sincerely hope if this thread has legs it doesn't go off on a JC debate...

The issue is what the tango man said or didn't!

I watched the whole programme today bud, and he never said anything, it was all innuendo and "John can't say but I can", and then says **** ALL.

At The Edge
17-09-2011, 08:16 PM
What it says to me is, tangoman didn't get the Hibs job last time round, probably wasn't asked, and now comes out with this statement that Hibs have problems 'upstairs' and that means that when CC is...sorry when fired he won't get the job again,
Result in my book :greengrin

JCHibby
17-09-2011, 08:23 PM

I wonder indeed, probably shows that it is commonly know in some circles that relationships between manager and the board are not in a good way.

EasterRoad4Ever
17-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Could he have been referring tae the common denominator? :hmmm:

Did you mean the common dominator ?

Andy74
17-09-2011, 08:25 PM

He didn't really suggest he knew anything. He said on the face of it we were a great club in great financial order but that something must not be right.

IWasThere2016
17-09-2011, 08:31 PM
He didn't really suggest he knew anything. He said on the face of it we were a great club in great financial order but that something must not be right.

I think he said more than that.

I think the inference was interference from RP and the team not being top priority.

smurf
17-09-2011, 08:31 PM

But suggested it was difficult for JC to say it?

The Falcon
17-09-2011, 08:33 PM

I didnt watch ESPN so was Smurf's quote not accurate?

JCHibby
17-09-2011, 08:38 PM
But suggested it was difficult for JC to say it?

Probs because JC is very well aware of what is happening down ER - which stems from the summer will he wont he shambles, to the Sheridan deal and to the relationship with RP and CC.

Would not be surprised on the slightest if BB appointment is nothing to do with CC! (Do think BB was a good appointment however!)

ronaldo7
17-09-2011, 08:46 PM

:agree: He's a pundit. Billy Broon got a call from ESPN the other week when he was in his bed to see if he could get to Tannadice for the Huns game. He was oot his bed pronto for a grand. I'm sure Tango man done the same.

I think the inference was interference from RP and the team not being top priority.

At no time did he mention RP, however you've somehow got him into the equation.

The Falcon
17-09-2011, 08:50 PM
So nothing of any significance was really said but is being interpreted like it was?

Reading between the lines folk ken whit's gaun oan like!

ronaldo7
17-09-2011, 08:56 PM
So nothing of any significance was really said but is being interpreted like it was?

Reading between the lines folk ken whit's gaun oan like!

Some folk think they should break the story ala East Stand when others have the plans in hand.:wink:

IWasThere2016
17-09-2011, 08:58 PM

You don't believe his statement was about RP?

ronaldo7
17-09-2011, 09:03 PM

Can you point me in the direction of his statement please. VERBATIM

IWasThere2016
17-09-2011, 09:09 PM

I doubt its available verbatim .. He spoke of problems upstairs, after saying we look like a great club, financially stable (or secure)

ronaldo7
17-09-2011, 09:12 PM
I doubt its available verbatim .. He spoke of problems upstairs, after saying we look like a great club, financially stable (or secure)

So you can't.

It's ok. I was just checking.

I've got problems upstairs too...............She's just gone to bed.:wink:

IWasThere2016
17-09-2011, 09:13 PM
So you can't.

Can't be arsed looking. I did use inference and others posting earlier have referred to it :wink:

greenlex
17-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Here is what's going on at ER. The board appoint who the think is the best candidate for the managers position. They back him financially as best they can. It either works or it doesn't. The guy they appoint knows the budget and tells the board the players they want to sign. The board try to strike a deal. Sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the signngs work out sometimes they are terrible.
When the managers tenure gets to the stage it is detrimental to the club they are moved on.
Its no different to any other club in the country,continent or in fact the world. The board don't sign players they fancy and they dont pick the team. Aye they appoint the managers but statistically they wont get it right. How many managers are there? Hundreds? No Thousands. Only a handful are actually successful. I am glad I don't have to pick one.

Whatever Tangoman thinks is going on I bet its a load of bollox.

Hibernia Na Eir
17-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Jim calderwoods nothin more than a smegma face

IWasThere2016
17-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Tango's an erse - no doubt - and heaven forbid he's ever at ER.

ronaldo7
17-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Can't be arsed looking. I did use inference and others posting earlier have referred to it :wink:

You've saved yourself some time. IT'S NOT THERE.:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs

My bet too.

I ddn't see the pre-match stuff but I spoke to my father in law after the game who had and from that discussion it's definitely helped the folk that don't like/want Petrie to stoke up their fire.

Even when I said it's clearly pish that Hibs don't spend money it didn't help. How can we sign players from the EPL (reserves) without paying a decent wage?

Those that don't like Petrie and/or Calderwood won't have their viewpoints changed, no matter what - if things get turned round they'll just go quiet.

down the slope
Here is what's going on at ER. The board appoint who the think is the best candidate for the managers position. They back him financially as best they can. It either works or it doesn't. The guy they appoint knows the budget and tells the board the players they want to sign. The board try to strike a deal. Sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the signngs work out sometimes they are terrible.
When the managers tenure gets to the stage it is detrimental to the club they are moved on.
Its no different to any other club in the country,continent or in fact the world. The board don't sign players they fancy and they dont pick the team. Aye they appoint the managers but statistically they wont get it right. How many managers are there? Hundreds? No Thousands. Only a handful are actually successful. I am glad I don't have to pick one.

Well the board have a 100% success rate then as EVERY appointment has been a failure under Rod.

The Falcon
17-09-2011, 09:23 PM

Pretty much how I see it but I would add that the candidate tells the board that he can do the job on the budget given and is happy with the way the club is set up and operates UNTIL candidate proves he's full of wind and pish and cant actually do what he says he could then claims he would have been a success but for...(he really cant say:wink:)

Gets a job as a pundit being paid to do what he has proved he is good at which is spouting wind and pish.

Capt Mainwaring
17-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Well the board have a 100% success rate then as EVERY appointment has been a failure under Rod.

Alex Mcleish and Tony Mowbray? John Collins also won a trophy?

Danderhall Hibs
17-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Alex Mcleish and Tony Mowbray? John Collins also won a trophy?

:agree: A 100% success rate at appointing failures if you exclude the managers that weren't failures.

hiberactive
17-09-2011, 09:50 PM

Whatever Tangoman thinks is going on I bet its a load of bollox. How do you know whats going on at easter road????

greenlex
17-09-2011, 09:53 PM
How do you know whats going on at easter road????
How does Tango man? What do you think goes on?

hiberactive
17-09-2011, 09:59 PM
How does Tango man? What do you think goes on? Think he will have a bit more of a clue than you unless you are involved in football at a high level.

Danderhall Hibs
17-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Think he will have a bit more of a clue than you unless you are involved in football at a high level.

What level's Tangoman currently involved in football at?

ronaldo7
17-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Think he will have a bit more of a clue than you unless you are involved in football at a high level.

:faf:

greenlex
17-09-2011, 10:04 PM
WhY exactly would he have a clue whats going on at ER?

IWasThere2016
17-09-2011, 10:05 PM
I recorded the game. I'll stick Tango's words up verbatim tomorrow some time.

hiberactive
17-09-2011, 10:07 PM
WhY exactly would he have a clue whats going on at ER? Because people in football gossip and word gets around how things are done at certain clubs.

Jonnyboy
17-09-2011, 10:08 PM
I recorded the game. I'll stick Tango's words up his erse tomorrow some time.

Fixed that for you G :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
17-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Because people in football gossip and word gets around how things are done at certain clubs.

Have I missed something - is Tangoman still "in football"?

ronaldo7
17-09-2011, 10:17 PM

I've got it taped too. I'll be checking.:wink:

Inference is not allowed:greengrin

greenlex
17-09-2011, 10:18 PM

I hope both your mumbleometers are working properly.

hiberactive
17-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Have I missed something - is Tangoman still "in football"? So you dont think he talks to people who are involved in football??ok,he is not in management but he will be sniffing around,its the only thing he knows.

IWasThere2016
17-09-2011, 10:30 PM
After being asked by Ray Stubbs "Jim what is your comment about the way Hibs have been managed? Not at club level, maybe further up? All those changes - 8 in 9 years - there's just no stability there at all"

Tango replies "Its amazing. John (pointing at Collins) had a wonderful team. Big Tony had a good team. Yeh know, and John Hughes going there - it looked like a marriage made in heaven. Massive Hibs support with Brian Rice. Good football people and they change it again. From the outside it looks a wonderful club, great supporters, financially probably the most soundest in Scotland and yet (points upwards) they still can't get it right. Something's badly wrong there - John (nods at Collins) can't say it but I can say it a bit easier"

ronaldo7
17-09-2011, 10:37 PM
After being asked by Ray Stubbs "Jim what is your comment about the way Hibs have been managed? Not at club level, maybe further up? All those changes - 8 in 9 years - there's just no stability there at all"

Tango replies "Its amazing. John (pointing at Collins) had a wonderful team. Big Tony had a good team. Yeh know, and John Hughes going there - it looked like a marriage made in heaven. Massive Hibs support with Brian Rice. Good football people and they change it again. From the outside it looks a wonderful club, great supporters, financially probably the most soundest in Scotland and yet (points upwards) they still can't get it right. Something's badly wrong there - John (nods at Collins) can't say it but I can say it a bit easier"

And still not a mention of RP, and it's still Saturday:aok:

IWasThere2016
17-09-2011, 10:56 PM

You're still in denial? :wink:

And re Saturday, I forgot I was Dad Cabs for daughter later and had to stay up! :grr:

Springbank
17-09-2011, 11:06 PM
If Jimmy Calderwood ever got the ER managers job I know we'd see the first ever sub-3000 attendance for a league game at ER

Do not

Go

There

He's a living nightmare

And I never understand

A single word

He

Says

Ouch

bye bye tango man

never work in Edinburgh (unless it's EH11)

ronaldo7
17-09-2011, 11:12 PM

:agree: He's a pundit. Billy Broon got a call from ESPN the other week when he was in his bed to see if he could get to Tannadice for the Huns game. He was oot his bed pronto for a grand. I'm sure Tango man done the same.

So you can't.

You've saved yourself some time. IT'S NOT THERE.:greengrin

You're still in denial? :wink:

And re Saturday, I forgot I was Dad Cabs for daughter later and had to stay up! :grr:

I think if you follow the posts made on this thread you'll clearly see that you've brought RP into play when he's not been mentioned by Tango man, and your clearly out to make something out which was "NOT SAID".

If anyone's in denial, it's not me.

Take a long hard look in the mirror.

If you want to take a pop at Petrie then go ahead, but don't try and make out that someone else has.

now where's that spanked your erse smiley.

Broken Gnome
18-09-2011, 12:20 AM
See when people say there is something wrong at Hibs, upstairs, deep rooted, endemic, whatever, what do they mean? Seriously, can someone spell out the charges rather just 'it's that Petrie's fault'? What's this systematic failure in the boardroom really all about rather than idle gossip and guesswork?

yekimevol
18-09-2011, 12:28 AM
all that fat tub of lard is doing, is the same as the rest of the sharks who smell the blood just now.

taken wee bites here and there and the occasional one makes the bleeding worse.

we WILL come back stronger faster and better.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-09-2011, 12:31 AM
Why would it be difficult for JC to say? Was he asked to sign a zip it agreement as part of his pay off?if so, rather than grin, why not say that.

TrickyNicky
18-09-2011, 12:44 AM
Why would it be difficult for JC to say? Was he asked to sign a zip it agreement as part of his pay off?if so, rather than grin, why not say that.

I'd imagine that if he ever wanted to be in a managerial position again, then being too publicly outspoken in regards to the relationship with any chief executive of a club may red flag you.

Rougier45
18-09-2011, 05:40 AM

Big eck /tony M and jc where all good appointments problem wi rod is he is trying to find a new genius/ killer pass so he can sell on to the epl for a price- if he sticks to this formula he will appoint Michael oneil next maybe he should forget the killer pass and go for experience if so expect JJ to be next in the hotseat or maybe he will revert to his other style his other technique which is to sign players who have slipped and give them a chance to get back to the big time -think stokes /miller/deeks /Gary
o/ in that case wgs is in line Who ever it is rod get on with it-clueless has to go now

Kaiser1962
18-09-2011, 05:50 AM
Because people in football gossip and word gets around how things are done at certain clubs.

And it's exactly that, gossip, and it will be biased gossip at that. They will be telling us what a great manager JC is, as well as Yogi, so it cant possibly be that they're rubbish can it?

The reason clubs have no money is because there are so many rubbish managers out there who waste what little money they've got then claim that football chairmen have no idea about football, but expect them to pay for the manager's incompetence.

Kaiser1962
18-09-2011, 06:05 AM

The reality is that "John" inherited a decent team and none of them wanted to stay at ER as there were unbelievable riches on offer elsewhere and "John", unlike his predecessor, proved he didn't have the ability to manage that change.

Financially we are far from the "soundest" in Scotland. We spend way over our income backing the manager's judgement which then turns out to be sheite. Clubs like St.Mirren and Hamilton are far better run financially than Hibs.

John cant say but it was obviously nothing to do with the fact that his pal John couldnt spot the difference between a decent player and Alan O'Brien. Of course not?

500miles
18-09-2011, 07:17 AM
:agree: A 100% success rate at appointing failures if you exclude the managers that weren't failures.
Every manager has had a measure of Success during RPs time as Chief Exec., except the current one

Mowbray - 3rd, exciting football, Europe, the developement of talented youngsters
Collins - Won CIS Cup
Mixu - Maintained top 6 status with a fractured squad, the best talent outgrowing the club, started to bring the dressing room together. Given the push too early.
Hughes - Europe

Even if you were desperate, you could turn around and say that Calderwood stopped us being relegation fodder last season, which a lot of fans were fearing. However, that's the same sort of desperation that people are typifying when they act like RP's managerial selections have been anything like disasterous.

Ray_
18-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Every manager has had a measure of Success during RPs time as Chief Exec., except the current one

Mowbray - 3rd, exciting football, Europe, the developement of talented youngsters
Collins - Won CIS Cup
Mixu - Maintained top 6 status with a fractured squad, the best talent outgrowing the club, started to bring the dressing room together. Given the push too early.
Hughes - Europe

Even if you were desperate, you could turn around and say that Calderwood stopped us being relegation fodder last season, which a lot of fans were fearing. However, that's the same sort of desperation that people are typifying when they act like RP's managerial selections have been anything like disasterous.

No matter which way you play it, over the last three to four years, Hibs have managed to work their way from playing the best football in the SPL to the worst & from pulling in record amounts of tangible income to the current situation where people are so disillusioned with the club, its costing Hibs thousands. Our performances both on & off the pitch have been absolutely dreadful, how can you dress that up?

Ray_
18-09-2011, 07:57 AM
Pretty much how I see it but I would add that the candidate tells the board that he can do the job on the budget given and is happy with the way the club is set up and operates UNTIL candidate proves he's full of wind and pish and cant actually do what he says he could then claims he would have been a success but for...(he really cant say:wink:)

Gets a job as a pundit being paid to do what he has proved he is good at which is spouting wind and pish.

What happened to the board's wonderful strategy for recruiting managers, that Petrie was all to keen to tell everybody about, at the drop of a hat, when TM was a success, seems that was all piss & wind as well!

IWasThere2016
18-09-2011, 08:02 AM
I think if you follow the posts made on this thread you'll clearly see that you've brought RP into play when he's not been mentioned by Tango man, and your clearly out to make something out which was "NOT SAID".

Take a long hard look in the mirror.

If you want to take a pop at Petrie then go ahead, but don't try and make out that someone else has.

now where's that spanked your erse smiley.

:faf: You're right its no about things like:

- meeting players behind JC's back
- or appointing Derek Adams
- or influencing signings (Nish, Rankin, Sproule)
- having the scouts reporting directly to himself

So, it must be about what exactly - the catering?

We're rudderless, off course since 2007.

Nae cash, mare debt, poor team, heavy losses, falling crowds, increasing apathy .. In RP we trust though :faf:

Dr Jimmy
18-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Surely having so many managers (all appointed by him) walk out under Petrie's "leadership" (Mixi & JC without even jobs to go to) has to suggest there is a major problem behind the scenes at ER.

ronaldo7
18-09-2011, 08:15 AM
:faf: You're right its no about things like:

- meeting players behind JC's back
- or appointing Derek Adams
- or influencing signings (Nish, Rankin, Sproule)
- having the scouts reporting directly to himself

So, it must be about what exactly - the catering?

We're rudderless, off course since 2007.

Nae cash, mare debt, poor team, heavy losses, falling crowds, increasing apathy .. In RP we trust though :faf:

Apology accepted:aok:

IWasThere2016
18-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Apology accepted:aok:

:faf:

shearer1981
18-09-2011, 09:07 AM
I work with a consultant of RP and see him most weeks. Hearing him chat he's clearly a clever guy and very very shrewd. In this current time do we want to twist or just stick with him. Jambos twisted ages back with Mad Vlad and I still say that will be their undoing. I dont think he has appointed a good enough coach yet and that is surely all he can be getting abuse for? When coaches are brought in they are told the budget - if they dont accept that budget then they refuse employment (JC). If we overspend we will get in bother so we work to budgets. The clubs has all it needs now in terms of infrastructure so in the next few years we should surely see the board spend big. If not then I say he has to go.

As for CC - he is very honest about what we dont do well and what we have to better. I met him recently but shat out of asking him the burning question. ''Coco - where have we progressed under your leadership in your opinion?'' I was at the St Mirren game and we were shocking. Agaisnt Dunfy we fell apart. Theres no soul to our team, their all a bunch of sh*tbags who capitulate as soon as we leak another comical goal. Say what you want about Hughes and his lack of technical ability, he got us playing waaaaay better than CC has - this is the worst Ive ever seen us probs since Alex Miller. CC out on Monday!

500miles
18-09-2011, 09:42 AM
No matter which way you play it, over the last three to four years, Hibs have managed to work their way from playing the best football in the SPL to the worst & from pulling in record amounts of tangible income to the current situation where people are so disillusioned with the club, its costing Hibs thousands. Our performances both on & off the pitch have been absolutely dreadful, how can you dress that up?

It's not like it's been a constant decline though. Europe - declines to 4th - improves to CIS cup - Declines to sixth - Improves to Europe - Declines to bottom six.

As for tangible income, we've spent it. Not just infrastructure, the likes of Miller, Stokes, Riordan and Murray got us into Europe.

All it does is show that, in the SPL, there is very little scope for consilidation of a particular position. Hearts can claim they are the third force if they like, they were still struggling in the bottom six not all that long ago.

That's the reality, and until it all goes tits up down south, Scottish Football will remain in flux, and probable decline.

BroxburnHibee
18-09-2011, 09:45 AM
It's not like it's been a constant decline though. Europe - declines to 4th - improves to CIS cup - Declines to sixth - Improves to Europe - Declines to bottom six.

As for tangible income, we've spent it. Not just infrastructure, the likes of Miller, Stokes, Riordan and Murray got us into Europe.

All it does is show that, in the SPL, there is very little scope for consilidation of a particular position. Hearts can claim they are the third force if they like, they were still struggling in the bottom six not all that long ago.

That's the reality, and until it all goes tits up down south, Scottish Football will remain in flux, and probable decline.

Terminal decline IMO.

shearer1981
18-09-2011, 10:17 AM
I dont disagree that its a general problem andnot just specific to us. The SPL as a product has very little stock left if any, and until the kn*bs at the SFA doo something it will continue to fizzle out.

I just feel that the long term view that RP told me they have wont be there if in the short term no-one wants to see us play because our team is aimless and most importantly soul-less. CC isnt the man for the job so he should swallow his pride, boot him and bring it JC (if he'd be up for it) then back him the way he has CC. If we do that we will be back to where we should be.

Looking at our team on paper we arent half bad - but watching us in games....chr*st on a bike we are AWFUL!

Ray_
18-09-2011, 11:36 AM

I would say it has been pretty constant, since the end of 2007, using one hand to pick games, I think you would be hard pushed to fill all the fingers where we have came close to the sort of performances we were getting before that.

Tangible income, its not the question that its been spent, its the fact that we are that crap, we have all but lost the ability to generate it.

Ray_
18-09-2011, 11:43 AM
I work with a consultant of RP and see him most weeks. Hearing him chat he's clearly a clever guy and very very shrewd. In this current time do we want to twist or just stick with him. Jambos twisted ages back with Mad Vlad and I still say that will be their undoing. I dont think he has appointed a good enough coach yet and that is surely all he can be getting abuse for? When coaches are brought in they are told the budget - if they dont accept that budget then they refuse employment (JC). If we overspend we will get in bother so we work to budgets. The clubs has all it needs now in terms of infrastructure so in the next few years we should surely see the board spend big. If not then I say he has to go.

As for CC - he is very honest about what we dont do well and what we have to better. I met him recently but shat out of asking him the burning question. ''Coco - where have we progressed under your leadership in your opinion?'' I was at the St Mirren game and we were shocking. Agaisnt Dunfy we fell apart. Theres no soul to our team, their all a bunch of sh*tbags who capitulate as soon as we leak another comical goal. Say what you want about Hughes and his lack of technical ability, he got us playing waaaaay better than CC has - this is the worst Ive ever seen us probs since Alex Miller. CC out on Monday!

The coach/football manager is the most important position within a football club, it is on his decisions that almost sets the whole ambiance of the club & as such, the cash the club brings in. I would go as far as saying that employing the right manager is the most important decision RP & Co has had to make, wholesale selling of assets to reduce debt is very routine for an accountant.

Andy74
18-09-2011, 11:46 AM

One of the things he was saying with that is that Hughes shouldn't have been sacked. The something badly wrong is not giving people time. They seem to have picked the wrong guy to change that with though.

Saorsa
18-09-2011, 12:20 PM
One of the things he was saying with that is that Hughes shouldn't have been sacked. The something badly wrong is not giving people time. They seem to have picked the wrong guy to change that with though.I dinnae agree with him that Hughes shouldnae have been sacked (in fact I dinnae think he should ever have been there in the 1st place), the fitba under Hughes was awful and getting worse and showed nae signs of improving just like it is with Petrie's latest duff appointment who I believe should also be out the door. You however dinnae seem tae think Calderwood (poor choice or not) should have as much time as you wanted Hughes (the other poor choice) tae have, any reason for that if time is so important? As far as I'm concerned they were/are both awful and as bad as each other. There are however IMO bigger problems at Easter Road than who the manager is.

BEEJ
18-09-2011, 12:22 PM

Ronaldo, how then do you interpret the parts of what Tangoman said that have been highlighted above in bold? Who is he talking about at the club?

And if he was being ridiculously unfair (or simply ignorant) in making such accusations, would JC not have corrected him?

shearer1981
18-09-2011, 12:24 PM
One of the things he was saying with that is that Hughes shouldn't have been sacked. The something badly wrong is not giving people time. They seem to have picked the wrong guy to change that with though.

...bang on chief..he didnt back Hughes or more so Collins when he should have. Now it seems he wants to back his choice (given that he's made a James Blunt of it previously) even though he is clearly just a decent coach or No 2 at best. The guys got us playing with no courage or spirit and I'm sorry but as per we have leaked the most goals in the SPL and thats been the case for far too long...in short not good enough RP - get it addressed!

Andy74
18-09-2011, 01:39 PM
I dinnae agree with him that Hughes shouldnae have been sacked (in fact I dinnae think he should ever have been there in the 1st place), the fitba under Hughes was awful and getting worse and showed nae signs of improving just like it is with Petrie's latest duff appointment who I believe should also be out the door. You however dinnae seem tae think Calderwood (poor choice or not) should have as much time as you wanted Hughes (the other poor choice) tae have, any reason for that if time is so important? As far as I'm concerned they were/are both awful and as bad as each other. There are however IMO bigger problems at Easter Road than who the manager is.

Quite simple. Hughes had a good record to begin with and our bad run at home was losses against the OF, Dundee Utd and Hearts. I think someone who has done well previously shouldn't be turned on in such a space of time.

CC has had one good spell of just over a month and the football is a disgrace. Our home losses under him have been to mainly bottom six teams.

Anyway, just interpreting what Calderwood actually said.

TQM in particular has jumped on the RP is the issue interpretation and accepting Calderwood as a reputable source to judge. Funny that the real gist of what Calderwood is saying is that Collins or Hughes should still be there. So if you don't believe that it's difficult to tale seriously anything else inferred by Calderwood surely?

Seveno
18-09-2011, 06:04 PM

You have no right to be on this thread. Spouting such commonsense is quite disgraceful.

HFC 0-7
18-09-2011, 06:21 PM

Dundee UTD seem to have consolidated there position as a top 6 team. 2004 to 2007 they were bottom 6 the next 3 seasons they are top 6 with 5th, 3rd then 4th finish. They seem to have consolidated top 6 finishes, without going through worst runs in history etc. I dont think hibs supporters are expecting cup wins season after season, but I think they expect to be competative every season and top 6 at least, with no polar opposites in consecutive season. Unless there has been massive cost cutting going on in between seasons seriously cutting back the quality of the squad then this sort of thing shouldnt happen.

Kaiser1962
18-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Dundee UTD seem to have consolidated there position as a top 6 team. 2004 to 2007 they were bottom 6 the next 3 seasons they are top 6 with 5th, 3rd then 4th finish. They seem to have consolidated top 6 finishes, without going through worst runs in history etc. I dont think hibs supporters are expecting cup wins season after season, but I think they expect to be competative every season and top 6 at least, with no polar opposites in consecutive season. Unless there has been massive cost cutting going on in between seasons seriously cutting back the quality of the squad then this sort of thing shouldnt happen.

But Dundee Utd's season tickets are falling along with their attendances. The bank are dictating whether they spend money or not and players are leaving. Steven Thomson says they are getting no more money as his family has bailed them out for years.

I like Dundee Utd but despite their success the fans are not coming back to watch them and their ST sales have fallen considerably. They even had to get a Thomson handout the year they won the cup. Success, even relatively speaking, does not appear to guarantee bums on seats.

ronaldo7
18-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Ronaldo, how then do you interpret the parts of what Tangoman said that have been highlighted above in bold? Who is he talking about at the club?

And if he was being ridiculously unfair (or simply ignorant) in making such accusations, would JC not have corrected him?

The whole point of my challenge to "those in the know", is that they don't know. They are as much in the dark as CC is with Tactics/Subs

I wouldn't want to speculate(as many have) , on what Tango man meant, or who he was talking about. The interview with Stubbs and JC was all nudge, nudge, wink, wink know what I mean, and they mentioned Nobody, Nada, Nuffink, Nuff said.:wink:

Real Managers ken whits gaun oan.

IWasThere2016
18-09-2011, 07:38 PM
TQM in particular has jumped on the RP is the issue interpretation and accepting Calderwood as a reputable source to judge. Funny that the real gist of what Calderwood is saying is that Collins or Hughes should still be there. So if you don't believe that it's difficult to tale seriously anything else inferred by Calderwood surely?

What a load of pish. Who disposed of JC and Hughes? The comments were about RP - plain and simple.

HFC 0-7
18-09-2011, 07:45 PM
But Dundee Utd's season tickets are falling along with their attendances. The bank are dictating whether they spend money or not and players are leaving. Steven Thomson says they are getting no more money as his family has bailed them out for years.

I like Dundee Utd but despite their success the fans are not coming back to watch them and their ST sales have fallen considerably. They even had to get a Thomson handout the year they won the cup. Success, even relatively speaking, does not appear to guarantee bums on seats.

I know what you are saying but you are failing to acknowledge that a team has consolidated on a budget similar, probably smaller, than Hibs. yes their attendances are falling but so are everyones because of the financial restraints we have all had to endure recently. Do you think they would still have as many season tickets had they yo yo'd like we have? Do you think we would have the same attendances as we do now if we were playing well at and the right end of the table. Whether or not they have had hand outs are irrelevant as with the handouts they will have spent the same or less than hibs in recent seasons.

IberianHibernian
18-09-2011, 08:02 PM
...bang on chief..he didnt back Hughes or more so Collins when he should have. Now it seems he wants to back his choice (given that he's made a James Blunt of it previously) even though he is clearly just a decent coach or No 2 at best. The guys got us playing with no courage or spirit and I'm sorry but as per we have leaked the most goals in the SPL and thats been the case for far too long...in short not good enough RP - get it addressed!In terms of number of signings in a short time he seems to have backed CC in a way in which he didn`t with JC , MP or Yogi even allowing for previous financial commitments with stadium and East Mains . Next manager will I`m sure want an even bigger clearout than CC has had unless we`re relegated in which case most of the players who`ve failed in England we`ve signed ( almost all of CC`s signings ) wil certainly be desperate to leave and we`ll be desperate to get rid of . After selling so many good players after Mowbray left , we all knew entertainment value and results would suffer at least for a while but even an accountant can`t think that present combination of mediocre players and boring play can be worthwhile financially let alone from a sporting point of view . We`re back to where we were when Williamson was about to leave but without the talented young players and in the middle of the season .

Andy74
18-09-2011, 08:14 PM
What a load of pish. Who disposed of JC and Hughes? The comments were about RP - plain and simple.

Yes but his comments were about Petrie getting rid of managers prematurely.

You don't believe that. You believe he was right, yet you are going to take a tiny inference from Jimmy , who you clearly don't believe is right in what he saying about the managers and suggest he is actually backing your assertion that it's something else about Petrie which is the problem. Doesn't add up.

mim
18-09-2011, 08:24 PM
What a strange thread and what strange arguments.

Tangoman didn't name names, but I see only one intrepretation of who or what he was referring to in what he did say - the board of Hibernian. RP is synonymous with 'the board' (or certainly was during the period of JC et al).

I can''t see why anyone would argue with TQM's take on this.

This doesn't make Tangoman right, of course, but it was most certainly a dig at Petrie.

Sumner
18-09-2011, 08:26 PM
If ONLY Tangoman had mimed a TASCHE,
while indicating "up" and maybe mouthed "Rod",
then the ****ing OBVIOUS may have been
grasped by the Petrie Fan Club, Jeesus peeps :rolleyes:

BEEJ
18-09-2011, 08:40 PM
In terms of number of signings in a short time he seems to have backed CC in a way in which he didn`t with JC , MP or Yogi even allowing for previous financial commitments with stadium and East Mains.
Only marginally greater backing for CC. Figures below [no.of players signed (no .of transfer windows)]:

Mowbray 23 (5)
Collins 10 (2)
Mixu 15 (3)
Yogi 16 (3)
CC 14 (2)*

* No. of players includes Phil Airey, who many suspect may not return to ER.

BEEJ
18-09-2011, 08:47 PM
The whole point of my challenge to "those in the know", is that they don't know. They are as much in the dark as CC is with Tactics/Subs

I wouldn't want to speculate(as many have) , on what Tango man meant, or who he was talking about. The interview with Stubbs and JC was all nudge, nudge, wink, wink know what I mean, and they mentioned Nobody, Nada, Nuffink, Nuff said.:wink:

Real Managers ken whits gaun oan.
Whether you believe Tangoman's viewpoint or not, he was clearly making a point - one that did not seem to have been challenged by JC.

Before you can judge the validity of the point being made, you have to have a fair idea of what it was. So if the tanned one was not making a dig at the Hibs Board, what on earth was he alluding to?

Your challenge to "those in the know" needs to come up with an alternative interpretation of his comments. :wink:

The Falcon
18-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Yes but his comments were about Petrie getting rid of managers prematurely.

You don't believe that. You believe he was right, yet you are going to take a tiny inference from Jimmy , who you clearly don't believe is right in what he saying about the managers and suggest he is actually backing your assertion that it's something else about Petrie which is the problem. Doesn't add up.

Perhaps if Tangoman, or somebody else who thinks they are somehow the victim of Petrie, would grow a set of gonads and come and spell it out rather than all this nudge nudge wink wink nonsense. What is it to Jimmy Calderwood if he says what he thinks is happening behind the scenes? At least then Rod would have a chance to defend himself.

IWasThere2016
18-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Thanks to mim and Sumner for stating the obvious to the hard of thinking.

The Falcon
18-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Thanks to mim and Sumner for stating the obvious to the hard of thinking.

So why didnt he name Rod?

BEEJ
18-09-2011, 08:55 PM
The possibility of legal action ensuing might have made him think twice on that score.

We'll just have to wait for JC's memoirs. Mixu's as well. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
18-09-2011, 08:58 PM

Because it was sooooooo effing obvious :wink:

essexhibee
18-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Tangoman really is quite fat. :aok:

The Falcon
18-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Because it was sooooooo effing obvious :wink:

No it wasnt. The "hard of thinking" still dont get it. If he meant Rod or Sir Tom he should man up and say so. At the moment he is being pretty ambiguous.

The Falcon
18-09-2011, 09:04 PM
The possibility of legal action ensuing might have made him think twice on that score.

We'll just have to wait for JC's memoirs. Mixu's as well. :greengrin

What has he got to be afraid of if he's telling the truth?

And JC's memoirs will be even handed right enough:greengrin

ronaldo7
18-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Whether you believe Tangoman's viewpoint or not, he was clearly making a point - one that did not seem to have been challenged by JC.

Before you can judge the validity of the point being made, you have to have a fair idea of what it was. So if the tanned one was not making a dig at the Hibs Board, what on earth was he alluding to?

Your challenge to "those in the know" needs to come up with an alternative interpretation of his comments. :wink:

That's the point. He didn't make a point. He mentioned upstairs......It could be Farmer, Petrie, Lindsay, the pie supplier, or the ambre solaire not to his taste.

We just don't know. Some people have made up their own minds that it's got to be Petrie, and that's up to them, however I'd rather deal in what's actually said rather than someone's interpretation.

My personal preference is that STF/the board have a plan to move the business along without Petrie. He's done his stint.

IWasThere2016
18-09-2011, 09:23 PM
That's the point. He didn't make a point. He mentioned upstairs......It could be Farmer, Petrie, Lindsay, the pie supplier, or the ambre solaire not to his taste.

We just don't know. Some people have made up their own minds that it's got to be Petrie, and that's up to them, however I'd rather deal in what's actually said rather than someone's interpretation.

My personal preference is that STF/the board have a plan to move the business along without Petrie. He's done his stint.

Re your last para - has this been actually said or is it an interpretation :wink:

Jonnyboy
18-09-2011, 09:30 PM
No it wasnt. The "hard of thinking" still dont get it. If he meant Rod or Sir Tom he should man up and say so. At the moment he is being pretty ambiguous.

Nothing about Tangoman is pretty :wink:

ronaldo7
18-09-2011, 09:31 PM

Re your last para - has this been actually said or is it an interpretation :wink:

The bit in Bold seems quite obvious to me. The hard of thinking need not reply:wink:

IWasThere2016
18-09-2011, 09:33 PM

He, Nicoll and Clark took £8k (for the 3 no each) a week oot of the Sheep. Staggering money for they duds.

Mikey
18-09-2011, 09:35 PM

The hard of thinking need not reply:wink:

Sorry, I'm going to chip in anyway :greengrin

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there's an announcement at the AGM stating that RP will be chairman in name only, leaving the running of the club to SL and FH.

IWasThere2016
18-09-2011, 09:35 PM
The bit in Bold seems quite obvious to me. The hard of thinking need not reply:wink:

Ah cannae see the bold on ma phone - mind take that hook oot yer mooth before bed or it'll hurt :greengrin

ronaldo7
18-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Ah cannae see the bold on ma phone - mind take that hook oot yer mooth before bed or it'll hurt :greengrin

Wi the amount of double posts on here, I'm surprised you can see the phone:greengrin

IWasThere2016
18-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Sorry, I'm going to chip in anyway :greengrin

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there's an announcement at the AGM stating that RP will be chairman in name only, leaving the running of the club to SL and FH.

He has the final say - and I don't see that changing unless his desk is cleared (please!).

nortonhibby
They were reffering to RP You know it they know it we all know it:confused: but no one will say it :na na:

The Falcon

Thats probably the only true statement in this thread.

The Falcon
18-09-2011, 09:51 PM
They were reffering to RP You know it they know it we all know it:confused: but no one will say it :na na:

Then they lose all credibility as it was a cheap shot which they will deny thats who they meant if asked. Total walloper.

If they had any credibility left in the first place that is.

nortonhibby
18-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Then they lose all credibility as it was a cheap shot which they will deny thats who they meant if asked. Total walloper.

If they had any credibility left in the first place that is.

What credibility they have none left, if they had some they would be in a job managing a football team, seems to me that there is no one bashing there door down offering them a job y:confused:

BEEJ
18-09-2011, 10:44 PM
What has he got to be afraid of if he's telling the truth?

And JC's memoirs will be even handed right enough:greengrin
Though written in jest, that really does sum up the attitude of some folks who refuse to see even grains of truth in criticisms of our Rod.

They call for evidence to back up such criticism. Yet even the comments of previous Managers who have worked with RP (those whose experience gives their testimony on this subject a certain validity) are ruled out as being biased, one-sided and rooted in bitterness.

So short of a written confession from RP himself on this subject, those people will always refuse to see him as anything other than a saint. :greengrin

The Falcon
19-09-2011, 07:16 AM
Though written in jest, that really does sum up the attitude of some folks who refuse to see even grains of truth in criticisms of our Rod.

They call for evidence to back up such criticism. Yet even the comments of previous Managers who have worked with RP (those whose experience gives their testimony on this subject a certain validity) are ruled out as being biased, one-sided and rooted in bitterness.

So short of a written confession from RP himself on this subject, those people will always refuse to see him as anything other than a saint. :greengrin

Rod is far from being a saint and criticisms on the football side are, lately anyway, justified. I have no problem with that. But a lot of the crticism's are, to me at least, grossly unfair and unjustified. Already there is a thread that suggests that CC had little, if anything, to do with the appointment of BB. Same thing happened with Adams. We are told that the chief scout reports directly to Rod, which he does, but it is said in such a way that "infers" the manager has no say in the matter when that is far from the case, and is only a small part of a process that involves a number of staff. The whole Collins mutiny thing gets regurgitated here time and time again and used as a rod to beat Rod with. (see what I did there!)

Crticism's by past manager's are fair enough but their testimony's are usually taken as gospel and Rod is painted as the pantomine villain when the truth is probably somewhere in the middle, maybe more towards the club. The reality is those manager's have been backed by the board, as much as we could, but came up short and are unlikely to admit their frailties, they lay the blame elsewhere. It's human nature.

Rod is paid to make tough decisions and along the way and is going to upset people but what Jimmy Calderwood did on Saturday was gutless and cowardly and tells us more about him than it does about Rod.

Behind the scenes it is looking like Rod has had enough, which will please many on here, and Farmer is now 70 so change is coming, nature is ensuring that, and there is no doubt that interesting times lie ahead.

hibsbollah
19-09-2011, 07:42 AM
all that fat tub of lard is doing, is the same as the rest of the sharks who smell the blood just now.

taken wee bites here and there and the occasional one makes the bleeding worse.

we WILL come back stronger faster and better.

Love it.

Hibby D
19-09-2011, 08:10 AM
What a strange thread and what strange arguments.

Tangoman didn't name names, but I see only one intrepretation of who or what he was referring to in what he did say - the board of Hibernian. RP is synonymous with 'the board' (or certainly was during the period of JC et al).

I can''t see why anyone would argue with TQM's take on this.

This doesn't make Tangoman right, of course, but it was most certainly a dig at Petrie.

I agree 100%. Like many I watched it and there was, for me, no ambiguity over who he was meaning in his comment.

Rod is paid to make tough decisions and along the way and is going to upset people but what Jimmy Calderwood did on Saturday was gutless and cowardly and tells us more about him than it does about Rod.

I would disagree. Without foundation maybe (because he didn't back it up with facts or observations) and stupid (because there's now nae danger he'll ever be considered as a potential dish washer never mind manager :greengrin)

Dashing Bob S
19-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Once met Jimmy Calderwood back when he was manager of Dunfermline, at the British Airways business lounge in Heathrow. Sad to report to all that he came over as an exceptionally decent, warm, and friendly guy. I doubt he'd be trying to make mischief, I should imagine he's pally with Collins (they share a love of six packs, though of the different variety) and it would be an off-camera chat and joke that unintentionally almost spilled onto air time.

That Collins and Petrie didn't get on, as Petrie didn't support JC's more draconian attempts at 'cultural change' over the player's concerns, is hardly a new revelation.

lapsedhibee
19-09-2011, 09:08 AM
He mentioned upstairs......It could be Farmer, Petrie, Lindsay, the pie supplier, or the ambre solaire not to his taste.

We just don't know.

:tsk tsk: Couldn't be more obvious, in the light of Big Gaz's on-field statement, that Tangoman "Jimmy" Calderwood's pointing skywards was a reference to the Chief who puts sunshine on Leif.

tamig
19-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Only marginally greater backing for CC. Figures below [no.of players signed (no .of transfer windows)]:

Mowbray 23 (5)
Collins 10 (2)
Mixu 15 (3)
Yogi 16 (3)
CC 14 (2)*

* No. of players includes Phil Airey, who many suspect may not return to ER.

And the obvious thing for me that a lot seem to have overlooked is that CC had to sign that number of players just to give us suficient numbers due to the contract expiry situation at the end of last season. It doesn't seem to be a case of him having had a much larger budget than any of the others.

Gingertosser
19-09-2011, 11:51 AM
I think he was referring to GOD, who obviously has it in for us, how else could you explain Alan O'Brien, Colin Nish & Paul Hanlon :devil:

Dashing Bob S
19-09-2011, 11:55 AM
I think he was referring to GOD, who obviously has it in for us, how else could you explain Alan O'Brien, Colin Nish & Paul Hanlon :devil:

He's too busy only judging Gary O'C to worry about the rest of us.

Andy74
19-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Of course he was talking about Petrie.

For anyone still not following, the rest of what Calderwood said clearly pointed to Petrie not giving managers time.

People can't use that statement as backing up a general anti Petrie argument when they also don't believe that Calderwood is right about giving more time to the likes of Hughes.

Just picking TQM as the example because I know he didn't want Hughes to be kept on but I also know he doesn't rate Petrie and thinks he is to balme more generally.

It seems odd to cosy up to Calderwood on the Petrie angle and suggesting he's spot on, when the only actual thing he backed it up with - not giving managers enough time - is something they don't agree with.

Everyone get that?!

bawheid
19-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Everyone get that?!

Yup. :agree:

BEEJ
19-09-2011, 12:15 PM

For anyone still not following, the rest of what Calderwood said clearly pointed to Petrie not giving managers time.

People can't use that statement as backing up a general anti Petrie argument when they also don't believe that Calderwood is right about giving more time to the likes of Hughes.

Just picking TQM as the example because I know he didn't want Hughes to be kept on but I also know he doesn't rate Petrie and thinks he is to balme more generally.

It seems odd to cosy up to Calderwood on the Petrie angle and suggesting he's spot on, when the only actual thing he backed it up with - not giving managers enough time - is something they don't agree with.

Everyone get that?!
We got it the first time. :greengrin

Equally, you've been an ardent supporter of RP in the past on here and must struggle with that career threatening decision he took a year ago to show your idol, Yogi Hughes, the door. :wink:

And as if that wasn't bad enough, RP is now in your opinion making a second career threatening decision by holding on to CC for much, much longer than you would have kept him in post (about a year longer so far).

So presumably you would now align yourself with the 'RP out' brigade? :whistle:

Saorsa
19-09-2011, 12:18 PM

Everyone get that?!How does Collins fit in with that, he wisnae fired or mutually consented by Petrie. By all accounts Petrie wanted him tae stay and have time but he (Collins) didnae want any more time and couldnae get out quick enough and that's what he did, he left because he could afford tae.

for some reason it seems he couldnae/didnae want tae work there :hmmm:

Kaiser1962
19-09-2011, 12:42 PM
I would disagree. Without foundation maybe (because he didn't back it up with facts or observations) and stupid (because there's now nae danger he'll ever be considered as a potential dish washer never mind manager :greengrin)

I dont think anyone would doubt that the intended target was Petrie but I think what is being said is that why did the fat JC not say so? By naming Petrie it would have removed any doubt whatsoever but he didnt. Unless, as someone else said, he would have been asked to back it up and was unable to do so because, at the moment, he can deny that he meant Rod Petrie.

My take was it was a bit like an out of work manager's union saying that nothing is their fault.

SneakersO'Toole
19-09-2011, 12:45 PM
I dont think anyone would doubt that the intended target was Petrie but I think what is being said is that why did the fat JC not say so?

Because he has nothing to gain from it and something to lose if he did.

Stevie Reid
19-09-2011, 12:52 PM
I dont think anyone would doubt that the intended target was Petrie but I think what is being said is that why did the fat JC not say so? By naming Petrie it would have removed any doubt whatsoever but he didnt. Unless, as someone else said, he would have been asked to back it up and was unable to do so because, at the moment, he can deny that he meant Rod Petrie.

My take was it was a bit like an out of work manager's union saying that nothing is their fault.

:agree:

He clearly meant Petrie but it's of no consequence whatsoever. To say "John can't say too much about it, but I can", and then say nothing, was pretty pathetic.

ScottB
19-09-2011, 04:01 PM

Pretty much yeah, of course managers are going to say 'give the guy more time' doesn't mean much.

It's a throwaway remark up there with the crappiest rumours on here 'I'm gonna act like I know something, I probably don't, but I can't tell you anyway, now bask in the glory of my (maybe) knowing something you don't'

AlbertK86
19-09-2011, 08:26 PM
How does Collins fit in with that, he wisnae fired or mutually consented by Petrie. By all accounts Petrie wanted him tae stay and have time but he (Collins) didnae want any more time and couldnae get out quick enough and that's what he did, he left because he could afford tae.

for some reason it seems he couldnae/didnae want tae work there :hmmm:

Spot on.

JC stood his ground as Petrie told him he wouldn't release the cash he was getting for Murph in the January... thus going back on a promise that funds would be available from the next big sale.

IWasThere2016
19-09-2011, 08:38 PM

Did Rod name the last person he slately publicly? One could argue Tango did it via a live interview at least. One could also argue RP is paid to rise above such actions .. Did you pick fault with RP over the previous incumbent?

HibsMax
19-09-2011, 08:59 PM
See when people say there is something wrong at Hibs, upstairs, deep rooted, endemic, whatever, what do they mean? Seriously, can someone spell out the charges rather just 'it's that Petrie's fault'? What's this systematic failure in the boardroom really all about rather than idle gossip and guesswork?

and, just out of interest (perhaps looking ahead), who would be next to blame if RP was replaced and Hibs still did not perform? Rhetorical question as there are too many variables.

If we did get rid of RP, how would that make a difference at the managerial level? It wouldn't make the manager pool deeper. I realise that a different board could appoint a different manager but what if the right man is not available or doesn't want to come? I've said this a few times before and I think it bears repeating. We (dot net) can't even universally agree on who should be the manager at Hibs. Would a new board change any of that?

The Falcon
19-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Did Rod name the last person he slately publicly? One could argue Tango did it via a live interview at least. One could also argue RP is paid to rise above such actions .. Did you pick fault with RP over the previous incumbent?

Rod was childish to get involved in a public slanging match with someone who is clinically stupid but Rod would argue that he was responding to repeated jibes at him and the club. Tango has no involvement with Hibs whatsoever, apart from failing to get the manager's job when he applied. Perhaps thats his motive but it would be pointless, and disappointing, if Rod raised jimmy's profile by responding.

IWasThere2016
19-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Rod was childish to get involved in a public slanging match with someone who is clinically stupid but Rod would argue that he was responding to repeated jibes at him and the club. Tango has no involvement with Hibs whatsoever, apart from failing to get the manager's job when he applied. Perhaps thats his motive but it would be pointless, and disappointing, if Rod raised jimmy's profile by responding.

Personally, I thought RP was correct. I agree about clinically stupid.

Skanko79
19-09-2011, 10:43 PM
being honest id much rather have tango man at easter road now than that tool calderwood, in fact id probably be happier right now with helen keller in charge.

greenlex
19-09-2011, 10:45 PM
The bit I dont get is ( although he nevdr actually said anything) what couldnt the slim square jaw'd JC say that the fat Satsuma JC could. I would asume that the Tango one would jump at the chance of employment at ER where as the chiseled version wouldt. Why would he allude to problems upstairs?

Stevie Reid
20-09-2011, 08:55 AM
If you skip this video forward to 30 secs, you'll see what Collins is up to these days: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SlWPQGMCfQ

smurf
20-09-2011, 09:36 AM
I agree 100%. Like many I watched it and there was, for me, no ambiguity over who he was meaning in his comment.

That's what I found quite remarkable. The Hibs job is probably along with the Yam job the most realistic job he could get. He would love the Hibs job. But he choose to completely rule himself out live on telly....

Fife-Hibee
20-09-2011, 09:48 AM
If you skip this video forward to 30 secs, you'll see what Collins is up to these days: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SlWPQGMCfQ

:top marks