PDA

View Full Version : Sproule

dunfyhibby
17-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Constantly caught ball watching. Not aware of where the player he should be picking up is. It happened a number of times in the 1st half, Jason Thomson should have scored then, and then again for their equaliser. And he's one of our more experienced players!!!

grantonhibee
17-09-2011, 07:04 PM
A wouldnt just finger sproule most were poor today , only griffiths and o'connor looked decent the rest were murder , a cant see us getting out this rut until a new manager is in place a hope they dont leave it to late cause on that form we deserve to go down

truehibernian
17-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Constantly caught ball watching. Not aware of where the player he should be picking up is. It happened a number of times in the 1st half, Jason Thomson should have scored then, and then again for their equaliser. And he's one of our more experienced players!!!

I think you are being a tad unfair on Ivan, and that particular example you have mentioned. The one first half came immediately after he had picked up his second knock which he was running off. I would blame those on the right flank for allowing the Dunfermline players time and space to whip the ball into the danger area, then also blame Paul Hanlon for indeed ball watching, and then making a pigs ear of his positioning, getting in front of Stack. And where was young Callum for the second goal ??

Albion Hibs
18-09-2011, 12:21 AM
I agree with the OP. Fair play to him for getting his goal, but there full back should have scored in the first half and then he did score in the second, unchallenged in the box, that just cant happen. I dont remember seeing where sproule was at the time, but I am sure he was not close. As for the shouts that Griffiths and O'Connor were decent - what game were you watching?

Albion Hibs
18-09-2011, 12:23 AM
I think you are being a tad unfair on Ivan, and that particular example you have mentioned. The one first half came immediately after he had picked up his second knock which he was running off. I would blame those on the right flank for allowing the Dunfermline players time and space to whip the ball into the danger area, then also blame Paul Hanlon for indeed ball watching, and then making a pigs ear of his positioning, getting in front of Stack. And where was young Callum for the second goal ??

Probably on the line or somewhere close to it, I hope anyway. I would not be expecting him to be picking up the full back. Would you?

Ozyhibby
18-09-2011, 04:42 AM
Sproule was definitely at fault for pars second goal. He was ball watching as Thomson cruised past him at jogging pace into the back post. Looked like he couldn't be bothered to chase back, someone else's job probably.

coco22
18-09-2011, 05:50 AM
sproule and booth were a mess in the first half and lucky not to cost us a couple of goals. callum was getting it tight and appeared to be getting the blame from ivan for not picking up. sproule fairly non existant in 2nd half

Shaggy
18-09-2011, 07:53 AM
BB wasnt impressed, they seemed to argue when he was taken off. Yup Ivan would be peeved being taking off, but the TV kept flicking back to the waving of arms etc... BB getting stuck in on day one.
He will definitely be the interim manager when CC leaves.
I would think thats why the board has sanctioned his employment.

lucky
18-09-2011, 08:21 AM
BB wasnt impressed, they seemed to argue when he was taken off. Yup Ivan would be peeved being taking off, but the TV kept flicking back to the waving of arms etc... BB getting stuck in on day one.
He will definitely be the interim manager when CC leaves.
I would think thats why the board has sanctioned his employment.
Noticed that as well. BB could be the man that brings some organisation and discipline to the club

matty_f
18-09-2011, 08:22 AM
I forgot Sproule was playing in the second half. Thought he had a poor game overall, the goal apart.

Maybe if the manager actually encouraged the team to pass the ball to Hibs players in the middle of the park instead of getting them to launch it forward all the time, Sproule would have been more involved.

Gettin' Auld
18-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Ivan backs the manager and says "blame the players"

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/17092011/63/sproule-blame-boss.html

Spike Mandela
18-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Ivan took his goal really well yesterday.