PDA

View Full Version : Fir Park, Tuesday night.

Carheenlea
17-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Tuning into sportsound on way home home today, it was mentioned that Motherwell had completely closed the stand behind the goal for visitors, and that the St Johnstone fans were housed in a wing of the main stand.

Crowds are down for obvious reasons, but hopefully there will be sufficient interest from travelling Hibby`s to avoid the humiliation of a main stand job.

Can`t say I`m overcome with Cup Fever at the moment, but will be a welcome break from League duty.

--------
17-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Tuning into sportsound on way home home today, it was mentioned that Motherwell had completely closed the stand behind the goal for visitors, and that the St Johnstone fans were housed in a wing of the main stand.

Crowds are down for obvious reasons, but hopefully there will be sufficient interest from travelling Hibby`s to avoid the humiliation of a main stand job.

Can`t say I`m overcome with Cup Fever at the moment, but will be a welcome break from League duty.

I would imagine that the Main Stand at Fir Park would be an excellent place from which to watch this team.

You can't see the pitch from about 33% if the seats. :rolleyes:

monktonharp
17-09-2011, 08:04 PM

Can`t say I`m overcome with Cup Fever at the moment, but will be a welcome break from League duty.league duty? for the fans it's akin to purgatory ! having said that, I will be going through and we are running a small bus, as some of our stalwart members insist in putting themselves through as much torture as possible:wink::wink: but, it's the cup and we live in hope. could end up in penalties, make it interesting:greengrin

Carheenlea
17-09-2011, 08:18 PM
league duty? for the fans it's akin to purgatory ! having said that, I will be going through and we are running a small bus, as some of our stalwart members insist in putting themselves through as much torture as possible:wink::wink: but, it's the cup and we live in hope. could end up in penalties, make it interesting:greengrin

:top marks for managing to run a bus. Must be increasingly difficult to get the numbers to continue providing such services.

Likewise, will be there. Takes about 10 minutes longer to get to Fir Park than it does Easter Road from Peebles, and the route home is via that rarity in the West of Scotland, a decent chipper in Carluke to either toast the victory with or for consolation!

LancashireHibby
17-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Would be interesting to know in advance which stand will be open for Hibs fans as I must admit the idea of driving a 400 mile round to see bugger all of the game isn't very appealing. Then again, it's probably a good thing at the minute!

Antifa Hibs
18-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Nae chance they'll stick us in the main stand. Our support is that unpredictable. Regarding the top tier of Fir Park the only part of the pitch you can't see if the goal line nearest that monster of a stand, you can see it no bother though when you stand at 'moments of excitement'.

Way things are going you could get away with closing both ends at Easter Road!

LancashireHibby
18-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Motherwell website (http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2011/09/07/hibs-cup-prices-confirmed/) suggests we'll be in the South Stand as normal.

Craig_in_Prague
18-09-2011, 11:18 AM
They've lost 2 in a row, just lost 3-0 at home.........have a another home game next and need a pick-me-up......... Along come Hibs :aok:

--------
19-09-2011, 09:44 AM
They've lost 2 in a row, just lost 3-0 at home.........have a another home game next and need a pick-me-up......... Along come Hibs :aok:

WE're like 'Medicins Sans Frontieres' - we go to disaster spots and provide comfort, consolation and healing to troubled souls.

Everyone's happy to see Hibs arrive. :rolleyes:

lucky
19-09-2011, 09:59 AM
WE're like 'Medicins Sans Frontieres' - we go to disaster spots and provide comfort, consolation and healing to troubled souls.

Everyone's happy to see Hibs arrive. :rolleyes:

I just burst out laughing on a train after reading that. My fellow passengers now giving me strange looks

Hermit Crab
19-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Im going although ive no idea why im bothering:greengrin

At The Edge
19-09-2011, 10:52 AM
I`m heading through, hopefully get a restricted view seat :)

Albion Hibs
19-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Provided I can get away from work, which should be no problem, I will be going through. Some better defending and a little bit more focus going forward and fingers crossed we can get a positive result from the game....as long as it is not another high scoring affair I will be happy!

Dashing Bob S
19-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Provided I can get away from work, which should be no problem, I will be going through. Some better defending and a little bit more focus going forward and fingers crossed we can get a positive result from the game....as long as it is not another high scoring affair I will be happy!

I agree. Heaven help us if we actually have goals at a football match. That would never do.

Albion Hibs
19-09-2011, 11:54 AM
I agree. Heaven help us if we actually have goals at a football match. That would never do.

I was actually referring to our previous mid week game through there without wanting to say it. It brings a slightly ill feeling over me each time I do, plus I am not a fan of talking about previous poor results on the day before a game, call it being superstitious!

DoonTheSlope
19-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Meeting up with Skye Hibs and looking forward to the game.
Could this be the game where we turn our season round and start on a winning run?

Andy74
19-09-2011, 12:10 PM

Now I get why you back CC so much.

Give me a 6-6 any day over this stuff we have now. We rightly got ripped for throwing that away but we went to the home of a close rival for Europe and scored six goals during a period we were struggling for form and confidence.

--------
19-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Meeting up with Skye Hibs and looking forward to the game.
Could this be the game where we turn our season round and start on a winning run?

:hmmm: Naw.

Dashing Bob S
19-09-2011, 01:39 PM
I feel almost embarrassed to say I'm thinking of going. Perhaps we could start a riot/pitch invasion, to get us banned from away grounds?

DoonTheSlope
19-09-2011, 01:43 PM
:hmmm: Naw.

Aye..OK agreed!!

Hamish
19-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Motherwell will be delighted - you can just imagine McCall - ''7 goals lost in our last 2 league games, none scored, we desperately need to get back on track - who's next at Fir Park? - ya dancer its the Hibees''

LancashireHibby
19-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Thankfully I can't get the afternoon off work as there was a very real danger that I was going to the game.

Hamish
19-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Bloody part-timers, can't be arsed with those so-called fans who won't do a round trip of 350 miles to see their team just now.:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
20-09-2011, 10:12 AM
Can't wait! Bring it on!:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa

hibsbollah
20-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Anyone who doesnt go tonight, regardless of parlous finances, childcare commitments or lack of limbs, isnt a Real Fan. FACT.

Hibs fans having an amputation today, or any of you who've died recently may be exempt from criticism but still; these people should really try a bit harder to get themselves down to Fir Park for a bit of Calderwood Flair.

Andy74
20-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Anyone who doesnt go tonight, regardless of parlous finances, childcare commitments or lack of limbs, isnt a Real Fan. FACT.

Hibs fans having an amputation today, or any of you who've died recently may be exempt from criticism but still; these people should really try a bit harder to get themselves down to Fir Park for a bit of Calderwood Flair.

A little part of me dies inside every time I watch Hibs under CC. Am I exempt so that some of me can be salvaged for my family?

SlickShoes
20-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Since moving to Glasgow I haven't been to many games, I would have went to this but I don't want to waste my time and money midweek on this tie, it will be devoid of atmosphere and from what I have seen from hibs recently it will be devoid from football.

Sadly I have tickets to the Rangers, Celtc and St Mirren games all through here in October so if I'm dead by november you will all be aware of why I took my own life.

JimBHibees
20-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Yeop heading through as Motherwell is quite handy. Surely GOC and Sparky will start. Would probably expect us to be out fought by a Well team who have done well in cup ties since McCall went there.

Would bring Murray in at left back if fit or into left central defence and Hanlon left back.

hibsbollah
20-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Sadly I have tickets to the Rangers, Celtc and St Mirren games all through here in October so if I'm dead by november you will all be aware of why I took my own life. You're just trying to get out of your December responsibilities. Death is no excuse. Theyre doing wonders with cryogenic freezing these days and we have a tasty run of fixtures in the festive period.

Diclonius
20-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Nae money so I'll be listening on the radio. :aok: