PDA

View Full Version : does anyone feel the board will make a statement?

mcfly
17-09-2011, 06:26 PM
THis happened last year!

Its just i feel we are in deep trouble and we need leadership.

Fans are dropping away and once gone its hard to get them back so what can the board do?

None of my pals want to go to easter road anymore as its so depressing

Saorsa
17-09-2011, 06:29 PM
THis happened last year!

Fans are dropping away and once gone its hard to get them back so what can the board do?

None of my pals want to go to easter road anymore as its so depressingThey'll tell us how they're hurting as much as we are but that we need tae be patient and give the team time tae gel and it will all come good as CC is the man for the job. :agree:

smurf
17-09-2011, 06:31 PM
No.

truehibernian
17-09-2011, 06:43 PM
'We're ***** and we know we are. But we are unbeaten in two games. A terrific achievement. The board are fully behind the manager and this wonderful unbeaten run. Please stick with the side, together we are stronger. And while I'm on, can I make you aware of a simply outstanding offer of a match ticket, a pie, a pint and a seat in the West Stand (sadly pitch facing), all yours for the value for money price of £40. As some fans have noted, when you break up the cost it should actually be £28, but we know you lot are gullible bar stewards, and come on, how else am I going to afford Mrs Petrie's frequent trips to Oloroso and Harvey Nichols. I also hope Hibernian fans stay tuned to the BBC next week when they will be showing my episode of Who Do You Think You Are, when amongst some amazing family tree facts, it is proved that I am indeed a distant relative of Oliver Hardy..........like today and Colin's results as manager, that was another fine mess let me tell you (plays with tie nervously)"

Rod Petrie
Comedian

grantonhibee
17-09-2011, 06:46 PM
They should sack him , he has had long enough !!

3pm
17-09-2011, 06:50 PM
It's not a written statement we need...

Franck is God
17-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Would there normally be a board statement after a 2-2 draw away from home?

I was less than happy with the game today like many others but there were a number of positives to take from today's game. Thought that some of the linking play between Scott, O'Connor & Griffiths was good and the move that led to Sproule's goal was excellent. And another good goal from Garry too.

Thought Osbourne had his best game so far but I think that him and Palsson both want to do the same job at times and maybe playing Scott/Spoony/Thornhill alongside one of them and using wingers on both sides of the pitch might give us more balance and move the team up the pitch as a unit and keep possession a bit more.

down the slope
17-09-2011, 07:12 PM
'We're ***** and we know we are. But we are unbeaten in two games. A terrific achievement. The board are fully behind the manager and this wonderful unbeaten run. Please stick with the side, together we are stronger. And while I'm on, can I make you aware of a simply outstanding offer of a match ticket, a pie, a pint and a seat in the West Stand (sadly pitch facing), all yours for the value for money price of £40. As some fans have noted, when you break up the cost it should actually be £28, but we know you lot are gullible bar stewards, and come on, how else am I going to afford Mrs Petrie's frequent trips to Oloroso and Harvey Nichols. I also hope Hibernian fans stay tuned to the BBC next week when they will be showing my episode of Who Do You Think You Are, when amongst some amazing family tree facts, it is proved that I am indeed a distant relative of Oliver Hardy..........like today and Colin's results as manager, that was another fine mess let me tell you (plays with tie nervously)"

Rod Petrie
Comedian

Superb, you are not alone in noticing the similarity between RP and the great Oliver, apart from the physical likeness there is always.....And here's another fine mess you've got me into.!

tamig
17-09-2011, 07:12 PM

I was less than happy with the game today like many others but there were a number of positives to take from today's game. Thought that some of the linking play between Scott, O'Connor & Griffiths was good and the move that led to Sproule's goal was excellent. And another good goal from Garry too.

Thought Osbourne had his best game so far but I think that him and Palsson both want to do the same job at times and maybe playing Scott/Spoony/Thornhill alongside one of them and using wingers on both sides of the pitch might give us more balance and move the team up the pitch as a unit and keep possession a bit more.

That pretty much sums how I feel about today. We looked much better with GOC and Griffiths together and I thought Osbourne played well. We need to get sorted out at the back. I think Paul Hanlon will be a good CH in time but he needs dropped for a bit imo.

As for the board making a statement, as you say, why should they after a 2-2 away draw? Strange suggestion :rolleyes:

--------
17-09-2011, 07:16 PM
They should sack him , he has had long enough !!

Him? Which him?

Calderwood or the clown who appointed him... and Hughes... and Paatelainen... and Collins...

None of whom have stayed for more than 18 months...

To appoint ONE duff manager MIGHT be considered a misfortune.

To appoint TWO looks very much like carelessness.

To appoint FOUR seems to me to indicate either total bloody apathy - don't care, won't care - or terminal incompetence.

And what about the guy who put Petrie in place, and keeps him there?

Elephant Stone
17-09-2011, 07:21 PM
That pretty much sums how I feel about today. We looked much better with GOC and Griffiths together and I thought Osbourne played well. We need to get sorted out at the back. I think Paul Hanlon will be a good CH in time but he needs dropped for a bit imo.

As for the board making a statement, as you say, why should they after a 2-2 away draw? Strange suggestion :rolleyes:

It's a 2-2 away draw with a manager who needs to have started winning by now. Long before now.

EasterRoad4Ever
17-09-2011, 07:37 PM
It's a 2-2 away draw with a manager who needs to have started winning by now. Long before now.

Hmm.... a 2-2 away draw...... a Duff managerial record.......signings that would struggle in the Scottish 1st div ..... I wonder if Petrie is dusting off his infamous " we'll fight them in Methill and in Dumbarton and Dundee great adventure speech" as we spiral into the lower leagues ?

Hiber-nation
17-09-2011, 07:47 PM

Yeah but all that seems irrelevant considering the manager's double substitution which is the worst managerial decision anyone with half a grain of sense has ever seen in all their days watching fitba and which undoubtably cost us 2 points. And I backed the buffoon up till today.

--------
17-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Yeah but all that seems irrelevant considering the manager's double substitution which is the worst managerial decision anyone with half a grain of sense has ever seen in all their days watching fitba and which undoubtably cost us 2 points. And I backed the buffoon up till today.

IMO he wants away, and he's trying very hard to work his ticket.

But if he goes, Petrie's position must surely finally be untenable. He'd have to go.

Which is why IMO Mr Petrie is showing such patience with Mr Calderwood.

Speedway
17-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Hmm.... a 2-2 away draw...... a Duff managerial record.......signings that would struggle in the Scottish 1st div ..... I wonder if Petrie is dusting off his infamous " we'll fight them in Methill and in Dumbarton and Dundee great adventure speech" as we spiral into the lower leagues ?

Except it wasn't Rod's speech.

Jonnyboy
17-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Except it wasn't Rod's speech.

:agree: The Great Adventure was not uttered by Rod

smurf
17-09-2011, 11:35 PM
:agree: The Great Adventure was not uttered by Rod

Headmaster.

Judas Iscariot
17-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Aye..

"It's aw you're fault, aw you's 4000 that didnae renew, 'cos we dinnae ever speculate to accumulate!"

Albion Hibs
17-09-2011, 11:57 PM
I would hope not, they have done more than enough pandering to the fans recently. I would not expect to see a statement from the board following a draw away from home.

nortonhibby
18-09-2011, 05:14 AM
THis happened last year!

None of my pals want to go to easter road anymore as its so depressing

Hmmmm it does seem about time that RP Will issue a statement perhaps a Vote of Confidence in the Manager.:confused: Which we al know is the kiss of death:flag:

Kaiser1962
18-09-2011, 06:11 AM
Aye..

"It's aw you're fault, aw you's 4000 that didnae renew, 'cos we dinnae ever speculate to accumulate!"

Like Dundee United did?

Dr Jimmy
18-09-2011, 07:10 AM
Like Dundee United did? Who are currently servicing their debt, but doing so by regularly finishing in the top half of the league and with a Scottish cup in the trophy cabinet. What a nightmare!

cocopops1875
18-09-2011, 07:27 AM

Rod Petrie
Comedian
Rod may have to service Mrs P in certain ways but financially is not one of them ;-)

Kaiser1962
18-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Who are currently servicing their debt, but doing so by regularly finishing in the top half of the league and with a Scottish cup in the trophy cabinet. What a nightmare!

Yet season ticket sales are down, attendances are down and income is down. Players are leaving and despite your statement that they are servicing their debt they are reliant on handouts from Stephen Thomson who has now said no more. The bank responded by not allowing any money from the Goodwillie transfer to be "reinvested" in the club. As you say a Scottish Cup win where they took about 35k-40k supporters, and a finish of 3rd and fourth in successive seasons, five years a top six side, but they havent been able to build on that because the fans, despite the success, have not flocked back although the supporter base is clearly there.

I say this as an admirer of Dundee Utd and their achievements.

Dashing Bob S
18-09-2011, 09:15 AM
I think the board's silence speaks volumes. They understand that our crowds are down by around 50% and no business can function in that way. It's difficult to see Calderwood lasting over the next few weeks, because even if we scrape a couple of wins over the next few weeks (highly unlikely) it's hard to see where sustained improvement might come from.

It seems the very best Calderwood might be expected to do is scab a few wins to make us safe, then do a Williamson style holding job until we can find a Mowbrayesque adventurous young manager whom the boad will trust with emergent young talent.