PDA

View Full Version : No more money from me

Hibby70
17-09-2011, 05:06 PM
I have just sent an email to the board letting them know that I am refusing to renew my season ticket if the standard of football doesn't increase dramatically this season.

In all my years as a season ticket holder I have never seen a poorer SPL and we are by far and away the worst team in it. Year on year I renew and every year you think it might get better than the previous year's horror show.

It's just not happening. If the board want Hibs just to be a business then I'll class the product they produce in a similar way. £400 to pay a board, team and management for that dross, no thanks.

Not sure if they'll take my comments on board but I'm sick of it. I'm expecting big changes at board and management level to turn this shambles around. No other business would continue at this level of failure.

I would honestly rather pay £15 a game to watch the under 19 team in the first division than £25 to watch this bunch of imposters. I actually think that this might be the reality in 10 months time.

Rant over,

Admins : feel free to a) merge with the other threads b) delete the thread on account of its negativity c) delete my Hibs.net account - I just don't give a **** any more.

TheGreenMan
17-09-2011, 05:17 PM
I have just sent an email to the board letting them know that I am refusing to renew my season ticket if the standard of football doesn't increase dramatically this season.

In all my years as a season ticket holder I have never seen a poorer SPL and we are by far and away the worst team in it. Year on year I renew and every year you think it might get better than the previous year's horror show.

It's just not happening. If the board want Hibs just to be a business then I'll class the product they produce in a similar way. £400 to pay a board, team and management for that dross, no thanks.

Not sure if they'll take my comments on board but I'm sick of it. I'm expecting big changes at board and management level to turn this shambles around. No other business would continue at this level of failure.

I would honestly rather pay £15 a game to watch the under 19 team in the first division than £25 to watch this bunch of imposters. I actually think that this might be the reality in 10 months time.

Rant over,

Admins : feel free to a) merge with the other threads b) delete the thread on account of its negativity c) delete my Hibs.net account - I just don't give a **** any more.

:tee hee:

This made me laugh.

You're right though, its ****ing brutal the now. I cant see me renewing again if this continues. We are well and truly ****ed, a real horrible position to be in. Its lose-lose: We stick with CC and were ****ed. OR we sack him, PAY HIM his compo and get some other loser in on buttons who will no doubt claim he needs time to get his own players in and were back to square one.

Scottish Football is just the worst, very close to not caring.

When that Pars goal went in to make it 2-2, I wasnt angry, I wasnt surprised, I kind of expected it. Were pathetic.

marinello59
17-09-2011, 05:28 PM

Rant over,

You won't be the only one feeling like that tonight. Anger isn't the worst thing the board will face. It's apathy.

Gatecrasher
17-09-2011, 05:33 PM

Rant over,

dont blame ya one bit, more and more of us are feeling like this with every inept performance. Its pathetic. As the winter is starting to close in i cant imagine myself putting up with the poor weather and minus temps to watch hibs at the moment.

Mikey
17-09-2011, 05:35 PM

Aye, we do that all the time right enough :rolleyes:

Albion Hibs
17-09-2011, 05:36 PM

Rant over,

Enjoy the cinema. I think the season ticket for that is a bit cheaper than one for the football.

Hibby70
17-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Aye, we do that all the time right enough :rolleyes: Never said you did

Hibby70
17-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Enjoy the cinema. I think the season ticket for that is a bit cheaper than one for the football. Only if you can you get an Uberfan ticket for the cinema.

The Voice Of Reason
17-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Only if you can you get an Uberfan ticket for the cinema.

Sir David Gray
17-09-2011, 06:11 PM

Rant over,

I completely sympathise with this post.

I've given up on finding out about team news before a match, contributing to team selection threads on here and marks out of ten. It's got to the stage where I couldn't care less who plays in the team from week to week and who's injured/suspended and individual performances are so poor/mediocre that it's hardly worth giving anyone marks out of ten.

I'll still go to every game that I can make because it's just what I do every week, it's part of my routine. However, I am working on the night that we play St Johnstone at Easter Road. I could get a night off from work if I really wanted it but I would rather work and get the money. A few years ago, I would have done everything possible to get to a Hibs game.

Hibs have really killed off any enthusiasm that I once had with almost two years now of abject performances and awful results. I'm quite sure I'm far from the only one who feels that way.

RickyS
17-09-2011, 06:17 PM

This made me laugh.

You're right though, its ****ing brutal the now. I cant see me renewing again if this continues. We are well and truly ****ed, a real horrible position to be in. Its lose-lose: We stick with CC and were ****ed. OR we sack him, PAY HIM his compo and get some other loser in on buttons who will no doubt claim he needs time to get his own players in and were back to square one.

Scottish Football is just the worst, very close to not caring.

When that Pars goal went in to make it 2-2, I wasnt angry, I wasnt surprised, I kind of expected it. Were pathetic.

same here. how did we sink so low

mcfly
17-09-2011, 06:21 PM

Rant over,

I can guarantee you will get a reply from fife hyland telling you he is hurting and he will share your comments with the board

Ive done it a few times and always get a reply however i just told him actions speak louder than words

nortonhibby
17-09-2011, 06:30 PM
same here. how did we sink so low

We have been spiraling downwards because of RPs appointments Mixu was not that great Yogi tried but had to go as he had lost it but CC With money to spend to bring in his own players and given a free reign to get rid of Derek And Bamba our 2 best player has somehow managed to continue the spiral downwards to the point where we are now.

In all honesty only the most optimistic of us could say that given more time things will get better it is actually getting worse every week panic has set in now the substitutions today IMO Were a panic move to try to cling to the 3 points.

Expect more panic moves as nerves set in we are in a Relegation fight now that is plain to see luckily we have Inverness and Aberdeen with us but they have decent Managers not great but Decent we have CC:confused:

Albion Hibs
17-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Only if you can you get an Uberfan ticket for the cinema.

Don't think you would qualify for that!

Justin Timberlake has a new film out, I think you would probably enjoy it!

grantonhibee
17-09-2011, 06:48 PM
I wont be back until calderwood is out !!

Hibby70
17-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Don't think you would qualify for that!Justin Timberlake has a new film out, I think you would probably enjoy it! I think The Troll Hunter would be a more apt choice.

Hibees07
17-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Funnily enough my eldest son said to me today that he wasn't interested in a season ticket next year and couldn't be bothered going to any more games this season. Considering I pay for it thats quite a statement.

To be honest I am losing interest myself and if it was not for my youngest son (who for some strange reason has the Hibs bug) I would probably not renew either.

--------
17-09-2011, 07:09 PM
I wont be back until calderwood is out !!

More than Calderwood have to go.

The problem clearly lies with the guy who appointed Collins, then Paatelainen, then Hughes, now Calderwood....

The question has to be - what sort of support did these guys get from THEIR boss - Petrie?

I'm not talking about money - I'm talking about support and encouragement and a working set-up geared to produce a successful football team on the pitch. Effective backing-up when dealing with disgruntled players? A clear signal from the top that mediocrity isn't good enough?

Apathy and complacency seems to rule at Hibs from the top down, and while the fans are clearly hurting, I don't see much evidence of that pain being shared by the men who could change things. Farmer and Petrie seem to be perfectly at ease with the situation.

Five and a half years ago we won the CIS with some beautiful football. 5-1 is a big score in a final, and Kilmarnock were a decent side after all.

Now we couldn't kick our way out of a paper bag.

I'll be in Motherwell on Tuesday evening, but I won't be at the game. I have a business meeting which if we could bottle it we could sell as a non-addictive substitute for Mogadon. In the past I would have skipped it - or left early and popped up to Fir Park for the game. I feel no urge whatsoever to do this on Tuesday. It'll just be another excruciating exercise in public humiliation and embarrassment.

Besides, a Presbytery Property Meeting promises to be a lot more entertaining than anything Calderwood could contrive on the football field.

Are Farmer and Petrie at all bothered by the state of the club these days?

They should be. They're the men responsible. Farmer has to waken up and smell the coffee. I don't care what he did 20 years ago - it's right now that matters, and right now he's presiding over a disaster.

Petrie has to go. And someone has to be appointed in his place who can sort out this mess.

And until this happens, I too will not be back.

grantonhibee
17-09-2011, 07:13 PM
WELL SAID :thumbsup:

down the slope
17-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Nae wonder he makes an erse of things, take a look at this and wonder why he Hibs are not on the top of his list . how does he find the time to go to easter road ?.
http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/900124670

MrSmith
17-09-2011, 08:41 PM
I attended an Edinburgh Rugby game at Murrayfield last night, cost £20 for me an the wee man; the team tried and won so I guess that's where I'll be going in future!

hibsbollah
17-09-2011, 08:46 PM
I'll be back. But just because i dont have the imagination to think of something better to do .

On the way home we stopped at Aberdour. Kids ran about on the beach for an hour, there were seals swimming about, great views of edinburgh across the forth, the kids loved it.

I bet they wonder why we couldnt have spent the WHOLE afternoon there.

nortonhibby
17-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Nae wonder he makes an erse of things, take a look at this and wonder why he Hibs are not on the top of his list . how does he find the time to go to easter road ?.

That cant be RP Are you sure its him:confused:

The Falcon
17-09-2011, 09:07 PM

Hibs are. Look at the amount that "trade" from Maidencraig House.

I would also add that a lot of the information is so out of date it's unreal.

Jonnyboy
17-09-2011, 09:13 PM
HFC Holdings

Tom Farmer
Rod Petrie
Mary Anne McAdam

McAdam has a couple of active involvements in Celtic FC

Seems odd

The Falcon
17-09-2011, 09:25 PM
HFC Holdings

Tom Farmer
Rod Petrie
Mary Anne McAdam

McAdam has a couple of active involvements in Celtic FC

Seems odd

I am listed as active with a company that dissolved in 1998.

Jonnyboy
17-09-2011, 09:27 PM
I am listed as active with a company that dissolved in 1998.

Ah, ok :greengrin

PS It wisnae Celtic Pools was it? :wink:

The Falcon
17-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Ah, ok :greengrin

PS It wisnae Celtic Pools was it? :wink:

Spookily enough it wasnt :greengrin

Hibby70
19-09-2011, 03:29 PM
I can guarantee you will get a reply from fife hyland telling you he is hurting and he will share your comments with the boardIve done it a few times and always get a reply however i just told him actions speak louder than words Just had a reply from SL. Very well written response which was not a stock answer and covered each of the points i expressed concern with. If only the football on show had the same level of professionalism.

stokesmessiah
19-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Just had a reply from SL. Very well written response which was not a stock answer and covered each of the points i expressed concern with. If only the football on show had the same level of professionalism.

Fancy sharing it with us?

hibiedude
19-09-2011, 03:43 PM

Rant over,

The bit highlighted made me laugh and I totally agree your view' things have gone from bad to worse and there dosen't seem a way out of this mess.

A Saturday has now become a shopping day thanks to Hibs and to be honest I get more pleasure shopping than I do watching Hibs if i'm being honest.

bawheid
19-09-2011, 03:46 PM
A Saturday has now become a shopping day thanks to Hibs and to be honest I get more pleasure shopping than I do watching Hibs if i'm being honest.

Really? It's just I swear I saw you moaning like **** on the match updates thread all Saturday afternoon. Does the Gyle have a wifi hotspot now?

cam2644
19-09-2011, 03:56 PM

Obviously a successful businessman who should know that you need to invest to bring returns and to have a motivated and happy workforce. Why does he use biscuit tin economics to Easter Road?

ancient hibee
19-09-2011, 05:34 PM
The majority of the companies are owned by STF.

hibbill2002
19-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Hibs are. Look at the amount that "trade" from Maidencraig House.

I would also add that a lot of the information is so out of date it's unreal.

Thats Farmers head office

shearer1981
19-09-2011, 06:20 PM
[/B]

The bit highlighted made me laugh and I totally agree your view' things have gone from bad to worse and there dosen't seem a way out of this mess.

I too just emailed the board asking some questions that I believe need to be addressed this week. I wont say I wont be back but I wont be back until at least CC is out. Regardless of blame, who signed who etc...our football is terrible and he trains us. Until he goes wont be back too. Fab power...whooaaa!!:flag:

SkintHibby
19-09-2011, 06:23 PM
What's the email address to contact the Hibs FC board?

Hibby Bairn
19-09-2011, 06:52 PM
What happens if you cancel your d/d if you are on the payment plan and write to hibs cancelling your season ticket at the same time?

hibsbollah
19-09-2011, 07:13 PM
What happens if you cancel your d/d if you are on the payment plan and write to hibs cancelling your season ticket at the same time?

You have your membership to Happy Clappers.com revoked without notice.

Albion Hibs
19-09-2011, 07:19 PM

They send Jimmy Scott round to collect the money.

blackpoolhibs
19-09-2011, 08:34 PM
They send Jimmy Scott round to collect the money.

They used to send Ian Murray, but by the time he got there nobody was in.

MrSmith
19-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Didn't the Nottingham Forrest fan who posted details of CC looking to move on... tell us it would get as bad as this under his guidance?

nortonhibby
19-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Didn't the Nottingham Forrest fan who posted details of CC looking to move on... tell us it would get as bad as this under his guidance?

Yes he did and he was right:confused:

The Falcon
19-09-2011, 09:50 PM
The majority of the companies are owned by STF.

Or Tom Harrison.

Thats Farmers head office

I knew this :aok:

snooky
19-09-2011, 09:59 PM
You won't be the only one feeling like that tonight. Anger isn't the worst thing the board will face. It's apathy.

:agree: Never a truer word said.
Anger means you still care.

RIP
19-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Sorry guys - I understand your sentiments but walking away from a fight isn't our style down Easter Road way.

We fought for this club once before and we will fight for it again - and win

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?218256-Let-s-work-together-for-Hibs

Let's work together for Hibs
Frustrated about the way our club has been going backwards since that famous cup win in 2007?

Angry watching our boys in green being asked to play hoofball instead of the attractive football The Hibees are famous for?

Fed up moaning about it to spouses, workmates, in the pub and on messageboards?

Ready to give up some of your time NOW to bring back OUR Hibs?

Willing to join a team of Hibs Supporters prepared to meet with the owner and the board to bring about real change?

Hibs12thMan would like to hear from you - by PM initially

Skanko79
19-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Ive said for years the club needs an overhaul, even when we were playing well and had mowbray thats when petrie should have invested in the playing staff as who knows what could have happened had tony had a few bob to spend, problem is, where it matters on the pitch petrie couldnt give a toss, he has brought in calderwood who really doesnt have a scooby doo what he is doing, as for bringing in brown....laughing stock. totally sympathise with the o/p.

blackpoolhibs
20-09-2011, 07:30 AM
Ive said for years the club needs an overhaul, even when we were playing well and had mowbray thats when petrie should have invested in the playing staff as who knows what could have happened had tony had a few bob to spend, problem is, where it matters on the pitch petrie couldnt give a toss, he has brought in calderwood who really doesnt have a scooby doo what he is doing, as for bringing in brown....laughing stock. totally sympathise with the o/p.

The squad has had that overhaul, clueless has brought in a new team. Every manager gets the chance to bring in a new team, this time it was under the guise of quality over quantity. Yes it really was. :faf::faf:

sidjames
20-09-2011, 08:10 AM
The squad has had that overhaul, clueless has brought in a new team. Every manager gets the chance to bring in a new team, this time it was under the guise of quality over quantity. Yes it really was. :faf::faf:

"under the guise of quality over quantity". That is what the wife says re the Nooky Department!!!!

Dashing Bob S
20-09-2011, 10:11 AM

My god. So it was. We truly are doomed under his tenure.

Geo_1875
20-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Yes he did and he was right:confused:

The "Nottingham Forest fan" who hijacked Hibs.net over the summer said so much, so often he was bound to get something right. If I remember correctly he didn't get any of his "facts" right.