PDA

View Full Version : Could it be a masterplan?

Gus Fring
17-09-2011, 03:38 PM
CC has to be on his way out the door soon, its almost as if he watched the game today and though "Bugger, we're 2-0 up, thats it I'm pulling the strikers so we dinny score any mair"

It seems strange to bring in an assistant manager when we apparently didn't need one, unless, BB has been brought in with the knowledge CC will be gone soon. Give him the caretakers role and see what he does with it, No worse than CC I would imagine? If he's pants then we keep the hunt going for a replacement for CC but if he shows some potential maybe give him the Job til the end of the season ala Neil Lennon? It could be a good oppurtunity to test if BB is prepared to move from #2 to #1 without taking a massive gamble.

Just a thought. Personally I'd rather we just punted CC and got Strachan or Jimmy Calderwood in.

EasterRoad4Ever
17-09-2011, 07:22 PM
CC has to be on his way out the door soon, its almost as if he watched the game today and though "Bugger, we're 2-0 up, thats it I'm pulling the strikers so we dinny score any mair"

It seems strange to bring in an assistant manager when we apparently didn't need one, unless, BB has been brought in with the knowledge CC will be gone soon. Give him the caretakers role and see what he does with it, No worse than CC I would imagine? If he's pants then we keep the hunt going for a replacement for CC but if he shows some potential maybe give him the Job til the end of the season ala Neil Lennon? It could be a good oppurtunity to test if BB is prepared to move from #2 to #1 without taking a massive gamble.

Just a thought. Personally I'd rather we just punted CC and got Strachan or Jimmy Calderwood in.

We need to just face up the fact that the Hibs fans have been royally shafted by Petrie and the Board. They are all collectively responsible for the mess that we in. They are face-less, penny-pinching, mealy-mouthed, gutless, talentless shower of impostors who have hood-winked the vast majority of honest, hard-working, loyal Hibs supporters out of their hard earned wages during a global recession. They should be put in jail or better still taken down to the bottom of the the Royal Mile and locked in stocks so we can throw at them the vastly over-priced, fat saturated, tasteless crud they try to pass as nutricious food at Easter Road. Historians, media commentators and future generations of Hibs fans will look back in horror at 2009-2011 seasons and wonder HOW the so called "fans" of a once (rightly) proud club called Hibernian sat back and sucked up liquified excrement that was served before them. These are dark days indeed, and the current transient servants who have no affinity with the club are embarrassing us all.

Either than that.......... or he just needs a bit more time :greengrin

--------
17-09-2011, 07:27 PM
We need to just face up the fact that the Hibs fans have been royally shafted by Petrie and the Board. They are all collectively responsible for the mess that we in. They are face-less, penny-pinching, mealy-mouthed, gutless, talentless shower of impostors who have hood-winked the vast majority of honest, hard-working, loyal Hibs supporters out of their hard earned wages during a global recession. They should be put in jail or better still taken down to the bottom of the the Royal Mile and locked in stocks so we can throw at them the vastly over-priced, fat saturated, tasteless crud they try to pass as nutricious food at Easter Road. Historians, media commentators and future generations of Hibs fans will look back in horror at 2009-2011 seasons and wonder HOW the so called "fans" of a once (rightly) proud club called Hibernian sat back and sucked up liquified excrement that was served before them. These are dark days indeed, and the current transient servants who have no affinity with the club are embarrassing us all.

I take it you're not very happy with them, then? :greengrin

I would totally agree with everything you say there - but you've missed one guy out - the owner, who could surely sort out the board, AND Petrie as well, IF he actually gave a damn.

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2011, 07:32 PM
I take it you're not very happy with them, then? :greengrin

I would totally agree with everything you say there - but you've missed one guy out - the owner, who could surely sort out the board, AND Petrie as well, IF he actually gave a damn.

Get your tin hat on Doddie, have you forgotten just how much he saved us, and there would be no Hibs had he not? :rolleyes:

down the slope
17-09-2011, 07:35 PM

Bang on the point , we want our club back !.

--------
17-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Get your tin hat on Doddie, have you forgotten just how much he saved us, and there would be no Hibs had he not? :rolleyes:

One day at a time, bh. What's past is history; a responsible owner would have acted by now.

Does anyone really think he wouldn't have done something by now if Hibs were one of his concerns he really cared about - like maybe a quick-change tyres-and-accessories outlet?

Hibs have been drifting rudderless - though not unfortunately Rodderless - for the last five years.

I would REALLY like to know exactly what's hiding deep in the recesses of Petrie's mind.

BTW - I've got my Third Lanark dream back. NOT nice.

CapitalHibs
17-09-2011, 07:42 PM

I'm with you on that one. Possibly to help Michael O'Neil to make the transition from the Irish to the SPL? O'Neil hasn't signed a contract with his club and would be my choice in this scenario. Ah, if only Petrie and Co. were so cunning:wink:

nortonhibby
17-09-2011, 08:04 PM

Well said these 120k per year yes they are on 120K per year all the board have a nice cushy number i get the accounts being a small shareholder are they worth it ?

What i am more concerned about is 1. who is responsable for appointing CC. And 2. Why was the offer from NF And BC Turned down.

Heads must roll 120k or not you are finished Hibernian FC Fans will win this battle, you can sit there with your prawn sandwiches with your bunnets hiding your faces.

But you are a Disgrace our club is bleeding our stands are empty and you fiddle as Rome burns fat cats time to go the lot off you :flag:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/14961435.stm and take that clown with you.

RANT OVER

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2011, 08:10 PM
One day at a time, bh. What's past is history; a responsible owner would have acted by now.

Does anyone really think he wouldn't have done something by now if Hibs were one of his concerns he really cared about - like maybe a quick-change tyres-and-accessories outlet?

Hibs have been drifting rudderless - though not unfortunately Rodderless - for the last five years.

I would REALLY like to know exactly what's hiding deep in the recesses of Petrie's mind.

BTW - I've got my Third Lanark dream back. NOT nice.

I'm starting to read from the same hymn book. :wink: Farmer has become this untouchable white knight, who did a fantastic job saving us. Yet as you say, we seem to be rudderless, we dont have leadership from anyone at the club, from manager, chairman or owner.

Its not good being a hibby at the moment, and i dont see it getting better. People will ask what would change do?

We dont know, but what will walking this same path achieve? Lower crowds, relegation battles, or even worse relegation?

We are becoming a Motherwell or St Johnstone, WITHOUT THEIR RESULTS, All under this leadership. :rolleyes:

EasterRoad4Ever
17-09-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm starting to read from the same hymn book. :wink: Farmer has become this untouchable white knight, who did a fantastic job saving us. Yet as you say, we seem to be rudderless, we dont have leadership from anyone at the club, from manager, chairman or owner.

Its not good being a hibby at the moment, and i dont see it getting better. People will ask what would change do?

We dont know, but what will walking this same path achieve? Lower crowds, relegation battles, or even worse relegation?

We are becoming a Motherwell or St Johnstone, WITHOUT THEIR RESULTS, All under this leadership. :rolleyes:

Monopolies eventually start to think they are untouchable and can do anything - hence the NEED for healthy competition. Petrie has complete autonomy and knows he has the full support of an owner who has probably forgotten where Easter Road is. That is unhealthy, and in times of trouble, can lead to denial and arrogance. Petrie has ***ed up for the last time and must walk when CC walks - only a matter of time.

Gordy M
17-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Monopolies eventually start to think they are untouchable and can do anything - hence the NEED for healthy competition. Petrie has complete autonomy and knows he has the full support of an owner who has probably forgotten where Easter Road is. That is unhealthy, and in times of trouble, can lead to denial and arrogance. Petrie has ***ed up for the last time and must walk when CC walks - only a matter of time.

This is a serious question, how many clubs would be lining up to employ Petrie should he walk away/resign etc?? I would imagine quite a few. All i would say is be careful what you wish for. Yes, he has made, in hindsight, a couple of bad appointments but at the time they seemed reasonable to me. CC's record in england was actually very good, but it hasn't worked for him up here. Its easy to look back and say 'i knew that was a bad appointment'. You only have to look at the amount of names suggested, on here, for replacing CC to show how no matter who we employ next someone will say 'thats a bad appointment'.

What i would say is that, in general, the board do back managers with cash, have 'sacked' managers when they needed to and generally done a good job. Tin hat on.

Oh and Im still not sure we were offered cash for CC, as many on here state, and blame Petrie for not taking it???

Cropley10
17-09-2011, 09:27 PM
This is a serious question, how many clubs would be lining up to employ Petrie should he walk away/resign etc?? I would imagine quite a few. All i would say is be careful what you wish for. Yes, he has made, in hindsight, a couple of bad appointments but at the time they seemed reasonable to me. CC's record in england was actually very good, but it hasn't worked for him up here. Its easy to look back and say 'i knew that was a bad appointment'. You only have to look at the amount of names suggested, on here, for replacing CC to show how no matter who we employ next someone will say 'thats a bad appointment'.

What i would say is that, in general, the board do back managers with cash, have 'sacked' managers when they needed to and generally done a good job. Tin hat on.

Oh and Im still not sure we were offered cash for CC, as many on here state, and blame Petrie for not taking it???

:yawn:

Petrie owns 10% of Hibs - he's not going anywhere.

We turned away Clubs seeking to employ our manager. We turned them down FLAT. Had we not then compensation would have been due. CC is very well paid, and we paid compt to get him.

Sure we backed the manager. We allowed the dud to buy Agoslow... nuff said. He's not bought a single player with any sell-on value.

Gordy M
17-09-2011, 09:38 PM

We turned away Clubs seeking to employ our manager. We turned them down FLAT. Had we not then compensation would have been due. CC is very well paid, and we paid compt to get him.

Sure we backed the manager. We allowed the dud to buy Agoslow... nuff said. He's not bought a single player with any sell-on value.

Why the yawn face?? Am i not allowed an opinion? I asked the question whether other clubs would line up to employ Petrie if he became available?? If CC had been allowed to go, a few supporters, obv not you, would be complaining that we have let our manager leave for another club, no different to players?? Yes IN HINDSIGHT it looks as though he should have left but that is risk you take with football. All i was saying was that IN MY OPINION the board do a reasonable job.

With regards to players, im sure if CC goes to Petrie and says i want that player, then surely its good that the manager is backed. Plenty complain that RP has too much say in the playing staff, and now we critisize him for allowing the manager to buy a player?????

Cropley10
17-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Why the yawn face?? Am i not allowed an opinion? I asked the question whether other clubs would line up to employ Petrie if he became available?? If CC had been allowed to go, a few supporters, obv not you, would be complaining that we have let our manager leave for another club, no different to players?? Yes IN HINDSIGHT it looks as though he should have left but that is risk you take with football. All i was saying was that IN MY OPINION the board do a reasonable job.

With regards to players, im sure if CC goes to Petrie and says i want that player, then surely its good that the manager is backed. Plenty complain that RP has too much say in the playing staff, and now we critisize him for allowing the manager to buy a player?????

Aye bottom of the league, let's come on here and give the Board a round of applause.

Like I said - and you ignored - CC's signings have been carp. Very very few people who are Hibs fans would have been upset to see him leave in the summer. Why? Because what we watched last season was dire.

Gordy M
17-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Aye bottom of the league, let's come on here and give the Board a round of applause.

Like I said - and you ignored - CC's signings have been carp. Very very few people who are Hibs fans would have been upset to see him leave in the summer. Why? Because what we watched last season was dire.

Actually not bottom of the league. I would suggest that O'Connor Griffiths, Towell(yes i know are loans but signings none the less), Sproule, and to a lesser extent Sodje and O Hanlon are good players. Not sure about Osbourne yet. Agogo is a Ghana international, Thornhill came here with a reasonable reputation as did Palsson. Its not worked for CC but to say ALL his signings are CRAP is wrong in my opinion.

nortonhibby
17-09-2011, 10:01 PM

And he never will, RP Invested in a Dud you know it i know it and 99% of our suporters know it, the one man who is in denial is RP, Because he turned down hard cash for him.:confused:

RP Will see this one out to the end he will continue to hide under his Bunnet preying we are wrong and he is right.

Denial is the word RP, Please just swallow your pride you were big enough to empty Mixu and Yogi who had far better records heck Yogi got us Europe, but why oh why in CC Do you trust:confused:

Cropley10
17-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Actually not bottom of the league. I would suggest that O'Connor Griffiths, Towell(yes i know are loans but signings none the less), Sproule, and to a lesser extent Sodje and O Hanlon are good players. Not sure about Osbourne yet. Agogo is a Ghana international, Thornhill came here with a reasonable reputation as did Palsson. Its not worked for CC but to say ALL his signings are CRAP is wrong in my opinion.

Hilarious LTYF

twiceinathens
17-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Could it be a masterplan?

Calderwood with any kind of plan after today's substitution strategy:confused:

Gordy M
17-09-2011, 11:34 PM
Hilarious LTYF

Great reply mate? You said hibs were bottom of the league, and i said the werent. You said the hibs players signed by CC were crap, i said they werent. You obv dont think the board are doing a good job, all i said was i thought they were doing a reasonable job......and that makes me a yam????:confused: Maybe you could explain that?

Ive been supporting hibs for over 30 years, and will continue to do so. Was a long time reader of hibs.net and decided to start posting, but obviously dont fit with your views so i get called a yam!!?? Get a grip.

Septimus
18-09-2011, 06:25 AM
I was at sea when news of the Mercer takeover came through. I remember well the gloating radio officer who came from the west side of Edinburgh coming into my cabin with the news. Farmer bailed us out and life went on. I now begin to wonder if death by a thousand cuts is preferable to the quick demise which Mercer offered us.

I is 68 years since I first went to Easter Road. I was taken by a Jambo who lived on my landing at 21 Brunton Terrace. It was clear even to a five year old that Hibs were a vastly superior team and I fell in love.

I fail to understand why Hibs have built the infrastructure which they have if the plan is to cease trading and yet the managers we are bringing in with the unfit players that follow them would make it clear that THIS IS THE MASTERPLAN. The future is a continual demise with, perhaps an occasional respite such as a hard won draw at Dunfermline.

We have become a repository for has beens and never weres whoes interest in the club appears to be zilch.

Kaiser1962
18-09-2011, 06:32 AM
Well said these 120k per year yes they are on 120K per year all the board have a nice cushy number i get the accounts being a small shareholder are they worth it ?

Which of the directors gets £120k a year?

I get the accounts and cant see it anywhere and would appreciate if you could point out where that's listed.

blackpoolhibs
18-09-2011, 07:09 AM

I'd say he's signed a couple of good players, but i'd say the team he's assembled are sheite.

As for Petrie, i'd imagine a host of debt ridden clubs would line up for him to be in charge, although they should not let him anywhere near the appointment process when getting a new manager.

EasterRoad4Ever
18-09-2011, 07:38 AM
I'd say he's signed a couple of good players, but i'd say the team he's assembled are sheite.

As for Petrie, i'd imagine a host of debt ridden clubs would line up for him to be in charge, although they should not let him anywhere near the appointment process when getting a new manager.

Absolutely correct. Like many who've had a bit of success - and Petrie's financial deals have been excellent - they cannot see their limitations and think they can do no wrong. Petrie's record in appointing the most important employee at the club is indefensible. He should be no where near the appointment process and should stick to counting the beans.