PDA

View Full Version : Colin Nish

Delboy4
17-09-2011, 03:18 PM
A brace for Nishy for Hartlepool with half an hour to go.

Hibercelona
17-09-2011, 03:22 PM

Solano scored the first goal.

Delboy4
17-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Solano scored the first goal.

Soccer Saturday said he scored two? Must have got it wrong!!

Delboy4
17-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Haha...he just scored again! I must see into the future! :aok:

YehButNoBut
17-09-2011, 03:38 PM

Is a brace now as he has just scored the 3rd for Hartlepool. :greengrin

PeterboroHibee
17-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Hes got two now, 3-0 Hartlepool. Seems to be doing quite well down there, scoring goals.

Judas Iscariot
17-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Colin Nish is better than Junior Aslowslow, FACT :agree:

archiebald
17-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Colin Nish is better than Junior Aslowslow, FACT :agree: I but could not stay on his feet long enough to score 2 goals for us.:wink:

DH1875
17-09-2011, 08:46 PM

:top marks.

Danderhall Hibs
17-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Good for him.

Maybe it goes towards proving that the SPL isn't worse than League One though? Either that or they play a different offside rule to us?...

Hibercelona
17-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Good for him.

Maybe it goes towards proving that the SPL isn't worse than League One though? Either that or they play a different offside rule to us?...

Or players that come to Hibs see it as an opputunity to have a carry on, break laws and generally, not give a f***. Easy wages for them.

Danderhall Hibs
17-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Or players that come to Hibs see it as an opputunity to have a carry on, break laws and generally, not give a f***. Easy wages for them.

Maybe - I thought Nish tried when he was here though. Bit harsh to say that about him.

He tried but wasn't good enough IMO.

Hibercelona
17-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Maybe - I thought Nish tried when he was here though. Bit harsh to say that about him.

He tried but wasn't good enough IMO.

But why wasn't he good enough at Hibs?

He was banging them in no problem when he was at Kilmarnock and he was decent enough when he first came to Hibs.

We seem to bring in decent players and bring out the worst in them, more often than not. And when they finally leave the club, they start playing well again and look like they're back on form again.

I don't know what go's on behind the scenes at ER, but I can't help but sense some kind of "authority" issue. Player's seem to get into more bother while at Hibs than they do at any other clubs in their career.

Do players that come to Hibs take their jobs seriously enough? :confused:

hibs0666
17-09-2011, 09:37 PM

He was banging them in no problem when he was at Kilmarnock and he was decent enough when he first came to Hibs.

We seem to bring in decent players and bring out the worst in them, more often than not. And when they finally leave the club, they start playing well again and look like they're back on form again.

I don't know what go's on behind the scenes at ER, but I can't help but sense some kind of "authority" issue. Player's seem to get into more bother while at Hibs than they do at any other clubs in their career.

Nah, we just dish out dogs abuse when our heroes start making mistakes and it goes steadily downhill from there.

Danderhall Hibs
17-09-2011, 09:41 PM

You make a good point. It's almost as if we sign players like Palsson and that (EPL cast offs) that think they're too good for us and don't really need to impress anyone. But on the other hand we sign players like Nish (highly rated players from "smaller" clubs) and they think they've made it so don't need to impress.

We're definitely bringing in the wrong sort of player (no matter the manager) and/or the manager can't motivate his players (or the previous managers players!)

Hibercelona
17-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Nah, we just dish out dogs abuse when our heroes start making mistakes and it goes steadily downhill from there.

Theres "mistakes" and theres "pisstakes".

A "mistake" is an occasional blunder that any player can make at any club at any point in their career.

A "pisstake" is coming to Hibs, getting into trouble with the law, making mistakes not by accident or bad luck, but because they're still hung over from the night before.

Judas Iscariot
17-09-2011, 11:43 PM

Just seen his 2 goals on BBC 1 the now, took them well, easily better than they 2 lumbering fools Sodgje & Acannaegogo

500miles
18-09-2011, 07:23 AM
We used him like an old fashioned target man, and he's not. Cut backs and crosses into the box are where he will score the majority of his goals, and we lacked pacy wide men, or players to put in those sort of balls for him to benefit from.

He struggled to play the way we asked, fans got on his back, and his confidence crumbled. It didn't help that the fans were looking for a scapegoat to vent thier frustrations, and his form made him a target.

You don't get as many goals in the SPL as he did without having something about you.

blackpoolhibs
18-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Good for him.

:faf::faf::top marks

nortonhibby
18-09-2011, 07:49 AM
Just seen his 2 goals on BBC 1 the now, took them well, easily better than they 2 lumbering fools Sodgje & Acannaegogo

Who were identifed and signed by CC Gulp if this is the best he can do then i fear for us as long as he is in charge.

Northernhibee
04-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Scored within a quarter of an hour of his return from injury last weekend - really think that if both Yogi and CC hadn't used him as a target man he could have still done a job for us.

Oh well.

Badabing
05-02-2012, 06:12 AM
As I recall be was hopeless playing with his back to goal. It was like Bambi on ice and he spent a fair bit of the game complaining to the ref that some big boy had taken his ball off him.

ShanksSaidNo
05-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Scored within a quarter of an hour of his return from injury last weekend - really think that if both Yogi and CC hadn't used him as a target man he could have still done a job for us.

Oh well.

Nonsense. How long did he play for us? Don't know the stats but in that time he played alot of games and i struggle to remember any stand out games he had. Thats not because he was used as a target man, thats because as an all round footballer he was useless. Even the Motherwell hat-trick was a treble of sclaff's. Well rid.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-02-2012, 09:35 AM
As a wider point, the only player that would have made a single handed impact on either of Hughes or CC teams would have got changed in a phone box and tucked his jersey into his pants.

Wilson
05-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Booooooooooooooo!