PDA

View Full Version : I thought we looked a bit better today.

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Now dont get me wrong, i still think we are poor, and that clueless tosser should be taken up arthur seat and buried, but O'Conner again looked good, Griffiths too. Scott gets all round the park, has a few digs at goal, and is much better on the ball than Murray.

O'sbourne looked decent alongside Pallson. The defence was ok, but at times both Hanlon and O'Hanlon do look shaky.

We then get to 60 minutes, ok its 2-1 but we were quite comfortable, then he takes both forwards off. Both playing very well, both stretching the oppositions defence, both holding it up well, and both winning more than their fair share of headers.

On comes 2 lumps who are slow, wont chase and have the touch of a rapist. Tactical genius from the clueless one, he's a numpty thats actually making us weaker by the day.

Can anyone tell me just one thing clueless has done thats improved us as a team from the last manager?

MCameron
17-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Sorry no - there is no improvement. In fact in football terms It's getting worse.

iwasthere1972
17-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Someone's hacked into Blackpoolhibs account. Barstewards.

Steve20
17-09-2011, 02:21 PM
It was dreadful. Again.

iwasthere1972
17-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Can anyone tell me just one thing clueless has done thats improved us as a team from the last manager?

Aye. The players don't have to use up any energy by celebrating goals thus preserving said energy for running about like headless chickens.

HH81
17-09-2011, 02:23 PM
As bad as last week? No chance up to 2-0 I'm sure everyone will have been happy enough. Yes he made an error with subs but turning point for me was the goal back straight away. As bad as last week, not a chance.

KeithTheHibby
17-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Now dont get me wrong, i still think we are poor, and that clueless tosser should be taken up arthur seat and buried, but O'Conner again looked good, Griffiths too. Scott gets all round the park, has a few digs at goal, and is much better on the ball than Murray.

O'sbourne looked decent alongside Pallson. The defence was ok, but at times both Hanlon and O'Hanlon do look shaky.

We then get to 60 minutes, ok its 2-1 but we were quite comfortable, then he takes both forwards off. Both playing very well, both stretching the oppositions defence, both holding it up well, and both winning more than their fair share of headers.

On comes 2 lumps who are slow, wont chase and have the touch of a rapist. Tactical genius from the clueless one, he's a numpty thats actually making us weaker by the day.

Agreed. It's almost like he wants the sack with his tactics.

ronaldo7
17-09-2011, 02:26 PM
I want to know where Victor Palsson has gone:confused:

Prawn Sandwich
17-09-2011, 02:53 PM
I want to know where Victor Palsson has gone:confused:

Who is he? I didn't see a player with that name in a Hibs shirt at Dunfermline today?

PeterboroHibee
17-09-2011, 02:58 PM
We are still woeful. O'Connor and Griffiths were good but the midfield didnt work and the defence were as woeful as usual (he should consider doing some defensive work in training, it might help things). Calderwood is definitely to blame for that though, awful tactics, players completely out of position and terrible substitutions.

Sumner
17-09-2011, 03:07 PM
... a bit better than who ?? Thornton Hibs ?? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2011, 03:18 PM
... a bit better than who ?? Thornton Hibs ?? :confused:

When it was 2-0 we had created a few decent chances, and deserved to be in front. That was better than what we have seen for a while imo.:confused:

Hibercelona
17-09-2011, 03:19 PM
When it was 2-0 we had created a few decent chances, and deserved to be in front. That was better than what we have seen for a while imo.:confused:

It's pointless being a little better though when you're just going to throw the lead away anyway

We could be 4 or 5 up against any team, and I still wouldn't count on us to take all 3 points.

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2011, 03:23 PM
It's pointless being a little better though when you're just going to throw the lead away anyway

We could be 4 or 5 up against any team, and I still wouldn't count on us to take all 3 points.

I agree, and there's only one man to blame imo.

Jim44
17-09-2011, 03:31 PM
We were on top, just, in terms of possession but on chances, Dunfermline beat us off the park. Relegation written all over us, I'm afraid, especially looking at what Sodge and Agogo have to offer.

Sir David Gray
17-09-2011, 03:34 PM
For us to throw away a two goal lead, one of which was conceded within about 60 seconds of us going 2-0 up, is a total joke.

After it went to 2-2, we did nothing to create any chances in the last half an hour thanks, in no small part, to Calderwood's tactical masterstroke only a couple of minutes beforehand to bring off Garry O'Connor and Leigh Griffiths at the same time, which left us looking for a goal without our two main strikers.

Our play in the last third of the match was desperate stuff.

Hibercelona
17-09-2011, 03:35 PM
I agree, and there's only one man to blame imo.

IMO, clueless squad ran by a clueless manager.

I don't believe we even have an "average" squad as other's seem to believe.

sKipper
17-09-2011, 03:36 PM

Totally agree.

Much better today than the turgid ***** seen all season and most of last. We created 14 chances according to ESPN and played some nice stuff through the midfield. A while since we did that.

Dashing Bob S
17-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Great to see Caldo urging us 'to get some wins and start climbing the league.' I don't know about you chaps, but I'm finding this visionary utterly inspiring.

sKipper
17-09-2011, 03:38 PM
We were on top, just, in terms of possession but on chances, Dunfermline beat us off the park. Relegation written all over us, I'm afraid, especially looking at what Sodge and Agogo have to offer.

Not true.

14 chances each and exactly 50% possession each.

ESPN.

Hibercelona
17-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Not true.

ESPN.

The bbc stats say something completely different.

Talking about match stats is pointless though.

greenlex
17-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Not true.

ESPN.
I am sure I saw 5 chances each on target too.

blackpoolhibs
Totally agree.

Much better today than the turgid ***** seen all season and most of last. We created 14 chances according to ESPN and played some nice stuff through the midfield. A while since we did that.

We had actually played a few decent passes through the midfield, i'm not saying it was like barca, but it was a lot lot better than what we have had to endure recently.

And 2-0 was no way flattering to us. We then let a soft goal in, then the manager commits suicide, taking both forwards off, who'd been doing great.

He then hands Dunfermiline the initiative playing two statues up front, and we hang on in the end for a draw. Leadership akin to the skipper of the titanic.:rolleyes:

bigwheel
Yes was better - but would have been hard to be worse than of late.

Worry for me today was actually full backs. I thought Towell had a horror afternoon against his man, and Booth was poor. Struggled throughout...

Has anyone mentioned Scott yet? energy perhaps, but no real value - poor shift too

greenlex
17-09-2011, 03:43 PM

Worry for me today was actually full backs. I thought Towell had a horror afternoon against his man, and Booth was poor. Struggled throughout...

Has anyone mentioned Scott yet? energy perhaps, but no real value - poor shift too
Agree with the full backs but Scott was fine.

bigwheel
17-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Agree with the full backs but Scott was fine.

I don't see it... Not a decent dead ball from his many attempts, and barely an attack created....... I'm struggling even to think of any tackles he won.... He's like an ugly version of John Rankin :-)

PeterboroHibee
17-09-2011, 03:52 PM

I think Scott looks like he would be a decent player if he was in the middle. Got the energy and fight that Osbourne and Palsson seemed to be lacking today. Really doesnt look like a wide player though imo.

Geo_1875
17-09-2011, 04:00 PM
I thought it was better than last week and we deserved to be 2 up. Should never have yaken both strikers off at the same time. Did anyone see Palsson pass to a team mate? Can't believe he lasted 90 minutes. I blame Billy Brown.

IWasThere2016
17-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Better - yes, but not good enough.

Ozzy and Palsson were too deep and off the pace.

The GO'C and Griff change was a clanger.

After the game, I took the wee man to see Arabs-ICT and we can expect a thorough test next week. United's midfield get forward, and they have goals in them.

It is tick tock for CC - and if results don't pick-up pronto - I expect RP will take action to avoid the heat the AGM. Just like last year. Leadership of the poorest standards - and he best follow CC out the door if he sacks him soon.

Dinkydoo
17-09-2011, 05:47 PM
There was improvement but it's starting to look a little like 'too little, too late' for CC though.

I know we need stability but I don't really think that we're going to get anywhere with CC in charge. I've been willing to give him time but it's running out, fast.

Kato
17-09-2011, 07:29 PM

I agree with all that well said.

We were average. Which is better than the total crap we have been. When the midfield did get on the ball we looked a wee bit better than average but they didn't retain possession any where near often enough.

hibsbollah
17-09-2011, 07:38 PM
After last week i was pleasantly surprised with some of it. The individual performances were for the most part decent...the substitutions? Cost us the win. What was he doing?

But lets not kid ourselves that its all a downward spiral. The performance was ALOT better than last weeks abortion of a game. I see a very dim light at the end of the tunnel.

twiceinathens
17-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Any initial signs of improvement vanished when yet again we simply disappeared in the closing stages. Even when we won in Inverness we were under pressure as the game progressed and scored against the run of play - Caley hit the post just before we scored.

The Falcon
17-09-2011, 08:48 PM
We just dont make good decisions. Today again player was through with team mate unmarked in the centre 10 feet away screaming for it and player tried to blast it in at the near post. Pars defenders struggling to get anywhere near.