PDA

View Full Version : Summer Signings

Ozyhibby
17-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Apart from O'connor and Sproule, can anyone tell me where any of our signings over the summer have previously enjoyed success?

Beefster
17-09-2011, 01:42 PM
And yet most on here were happy with the signings before the benefit of hindsight.

sesoim
17-09-2011, 02:40 PM
And yet most on here were happy with the signings before the benefit of hindsight.

TBF, fans only have the benefit of hindsight most of the time. CC has the benefit of actually going to watch these players play, researching them and talking to them to gauge their attitude BEFORE making a decision whether to sign them.

I'd love to know, for example, what made him think a "striker" who scored 6 goals in two years in Cyprus could make an impact for us. Or how our awful defence would suddenly become much better by only signing one League One defender. Or how Osbourne, Palsson or Thornhill could possibly create a good central midfield.

I didn't want CC here from day one. but you have to cut any guy some slack and see how he does. Well, we've cut him plenty of slack and he has proved he is an awful manager. It's getting to the point where we are meant to accept signs of "progress" when we scrape draws against the two (other) worst teams in the league. I'd love to know how much wages we are putting out for players compared to the other SPL teams (outside the OF and Hearts), because I'll bet it's a lot and CC hasn't gotten any results or performances to justify this.

What another effing disaster this season is turning out to be and most of us expected it. So what the hell was/is going through Petrie's head?

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2011, 03:05 PM

And the more sensible :wink: of us said we'd judge them after seeing just how good or bad they were?

The answers are starting to appear now. :rolleyes: