PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood must go !

Hibs7
17-09-2011, 01:31 PM
No more to be said.

grantonhibee
17-09-2011, 01:32 PM
get rid of this clown pronto what a shambles

Saorsa
17-09-2011, 01:39 PM
No more to be said.And Petrie can go with him. Petrie's appointment of this clown and his decision tae fight tae hang on tae him must surely spell the end for him. That's one crap manager too many, that's two more poor decisions. As a football club we are a bloody disaster.

just_joe
17-09-2011, 01:40 PM
In my opinion when we were going forward with Griffiths and O'Connor on the pitch we looked like scoring every time so why replace them with utter rubbish? thats the message to me that he wants the sack.

Forza Fred
17-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Quite simply if Calderwood stays we will go down.

His unfathomable double susbitution of Oçonnor and Griffiths with 30 minutes to go cost us a victory.

Tactically, he is inept.

And for someone who supposedly was an internationl centre half, he still hasnt fixed our dfence, which is peesh.'

Scrambling a point with the newly promoted team and rooted to the bottom of the table is hardly something that inspres confidence for the future.

just_joe
17-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Please can someone just drive him to wherever in England the guy want's to go?

hibiedude
17-09-2011, 01:50 PM
I just don't know what to say- we are rank rotten and the players that could get us out of this mess are taken off for no reason that makes sense

iwasthere1972
17-09-2011, 02:12 PM
I've never disliked a manager as much as I do CC.

:taxi

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-09-2011, 04:07 PM
I called for his head several weeks ago on here and my thread was closed by admins, seems like that was a pointless move then eh?

:rolleyes:

Hibernia Na Eir
17-09-2011, 04:29 PM
former International captain? haha he's not a scooby. inept and not worthy to be on Hibs' books. Petrie must go too along with the twat that is Hyndland.

marinello59
17-09-2011, 04:34 PM
I called for his head several weeks ago on here and my thread was closed by admins, seems like that was a pointless move then eh?

:rolleyes:

Several weeks ago? or three months ago?
At least you showed remarkable foresight........:greengrin

Broken Gnome
17-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Usually I could almost take a defeat to get rid of someone who's taking us nowhere, bizarrely can't feel that with CC, no idea why. Because he bloody deserves it.

Can anyone think of any manager, no matter how uninspiring this group of players is, that would have picked up less wins in this league? I'd even include his initial horror run in that which he got a lot of leeway for. Any manager even half capable of managing an SPL side surely would have. 10 out of 40. Frightening.

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Several weeks ago? or three months ago?
At least you showed remarkable foresight........:greengrin

I did mate and even last season I could have told you he was not the man for us...and I think I did come to think of it :greengrin

mikethehibee69
17-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Totally clueless!!!!! At least whilst playing with Gary Lee and Ivan we looked a threat, however as soon as he subbed them we were rank rotten, he has no idea what he is doing, he is totally inept and seems lost, why oh why did that other idiot with the tache keep him, surely they should do the right thing as their positions are unatainable now.
Our great club has been destroyed and I fear this time it may be terminal if these 2 clowns are running this team, we are relegation fodder and I pray this is the death knell for CC.

However I did think the players especially the 3 mentioned played very well and especially Gary with all the abuse he was getting!!!! GGTTH

This is one unhappy Hibee :-(

Albion Hibs
17-09-2011, 04:49 PM
I do not agree and still stand by the fact we need to give him time, to the end of the season at least. It is not his fault that our defense seems to like to let in an average of two goals per week.

Our defending as a team is poor and certain areas of our defense is currently worse than that. I think Brown will get the boys at the back defending a bit better and certain players in team need to look at getting more involved in defending.

mikethehibee69
17-09-2011, 04:53 PM
I do not agree and still stand by the fact we need to give him time, to the end of the season at least. It is not his fault that our defense seems to like to let in an average of two goals per week.

Our defending as a team is poor and certain areas of our defense is currently worse than that. I think Brown will get the boys at the back defending a bit better and certain players in team need to look at getting more involved in defending.

YehButNoBut
17-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Can't understand why we have given CC as long as he has had, his record is dreadful as are his tactics and style of football. IMO the double substitution today cost us the game and is the final straw, we need to get rid of him now.

Would never have believed this a few months ago but we should get JJ & BB in as a double act and I'm sure they would have us in the top 6 at the split. Looking at the next 6 games if we stay with CC we will be stuck at the bottom.

Dundee Utd H
St Johnstone H
Rangers A
Motherwell H
St Mirren A
Celtic A

CC does not deserve any more time, he has failed big time and if the board cannot see that, they have failed as well.

Scorrie
17-09-2011, 04:58 PM

Sorry but whose fault is it then? Does he not coach them in the week? Was he not a centre half? CC sure does have to take some responsibility for that the defence surely?

Cropley10
17-09-2011, 05:02 PM

He's won 10 games in 40. It's taking one helluva long time to see anything approaching improvement.

The idea that Calderwood is somehow a victim of poor defending, or mistakes, or whatever today's excuse is, is frankly laughable. We are poor. We were poor, awful, on Sunday, we were poor today. We're poor at defending. The manager has to take responsibility for this.

You give him a whole season. And enjoy Div 1. We've hung on to a dud.

Alfred E Newman
17-09-2011, 05:12 PM
I do not agree and still stand by the fact we need to give him time, to the end of the season at least. It is not his fault that our defense seems to like to let in an average of two goals per week. Our defending as a team is poor and certain areas of our defense is currently worse than that. I think Brown will get the boys at the back defending a bit better and certain players in team need to look at getting more involved in defending.

Even if we are heading for Div 1.? Surely its part of the managers job to coach the defence?

Franck Stanton
17-09-2011, 05:14 PM

To start with DefenCe as you can see has a "C" and not an "S" , as for that coplete idiot CC being given time, get a grip, he has proved to be totally useless, some say he has an eye for a player. WHO? I ask, apart from O'Connor, Sproule Towel and Griffiths, who we all knew, his signings have been, well to say bad is an understatement.
Osbourne - living off his reputation as having played for Aston Villa, so must be good - still to see it
Thornhill - Scottish 1st Div standard [at best]
Agogo - Posted missing in every game so far, offers nothing, Hibs version of Nade
Palsson - yet another who falls into the "Played for Liverpool so he must be good", really ?
Nope, CC has IMO been given more than enough time, just ask Duff Jimmy or even Le God. Sooner he goes the better for all concerned.

marinello59
17-09-2011, 05:16 PM

It is.
He said after the Killie game lessons would be learned. Either the players are just not good enough or he is failing to provide the correct coaching. Whatever the reason, the buck stops with him.

Albion Hibs
17-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Even if we are heading for Div 1.? Surely its part of the managers job to coach the defence?

And I think he will, along with Brown. I dont think he was helped having to play Booth again today among others.

Incase you did not notice we are heading in the opposite direction of the 1st Div, we started today at the bottom of the table, we are now off the bottom of the table and have a game in hand on the team below us.

A point today was not great, it could have and should have been three, but it was not. I am disopointed and will probably only eat 3/4 of my chippy tonight as a result, but sack the manager no.

As Patrick Viera, our loan signing said, you cant judge until you have done a round of fixtures, at this point it does not look great but that may change. Thereafter I would be expecting CC to improve over the next round of games which would take us to the new year. Only then would I even think about it. But I want one of our recent managers to be given a chance.

Albion Hibs
17-09-2011, 05:34 PM
To start with DefenCe as you can see has a "C" and not an "S" , as for that coplete idiot CC being given time, get a grip, he has proved to be totally useless, some say he has an eye for a player. WHO? I ask, apart from O'Connor, Sproule Towel and Griffiths, who we all knew, his signings have been, well to say bad is an understatement.
Osbourne - living off his reputation as having played for Aston Villa, so must be good - still to see it
Thornhill - Scottish 1st Div standard [at best]
Agogo - Posted missing in every game so far, offers nothing, Hibs version of Nade
Palsson - yet another who falls into the "Played for Liverpool so he must be good", really ?
Nope, CC has IMO been given more than enough time, just ask Duff Jimmy or even Le God. Sooner he goes the better for all concerned.

Thanks for the spelling lesson Mr Spelling Bee, but if I want one I will ask.

I will start by asking if you were actually at the game today?

So he does not have en eye for a player apart from......O'Connor, Sproule, Towell....maybe Osborne so four players. With your expert opinion being Thornill, Agogo (played what 3 games) and Palsson are not go enough (despite of course vast majority on here saying he was the mutts nuts). I think you have kind of killed your own point.

Franck Stanton
17-09-2011, 05:39 PM

So he does not have en eye for a player apart from......O'Connor, Sproule, Towell....maybe Osborne so four players. With your expert opinion being Thornill, Agogo (played what 3 games) and Palsson are not go enough (despite of course vast majority on here saying he was the mutts nuts). I think you have kind of killed your own point.

latest spelling lesson *REMOVED PLEASE STOP PERSONAL ABUSE AND STICK TO THE TOPIC* - GOOD has "OD" at the end of it. "AN" has an "A" not an "E" My original post wasn't a swipe at you, but you seem to have taken it to heart, must have thin skin eh or maybe, just maybe I have touched a nerve, either way I am not going to get into a childish arguement with you over it. Oh and just one final thing prior to me leaving, as for dud players and you stating I need to be an expert, I think if you have a wee read of some recent posts you will see quite a few posters tend to agree with me regarding his signings.

The Green Goblin
17-09-2011, 05:49 PM
latest spelling lesson ya numpty - GOOD has "OD" at the end of it. "AN" has an "A" not an "E" My original post wasn't a swipe at you, but you seem to have taken it to heart, must have thin skin eh or maybe, just maybe I have touched a nerve, either way I am not going to get into a childish arguement with you over it.

It's a football message board, not University Challenge.

GG

p.s "arguement" is spelled "ARGUMENT".

Beefster
17-09-2011, 05:50 PM
latest spelling lesson ya numpty - GOOD has "OD" at the end of it. "AN" has an "A" not an "E" My original post wasn't a swipe at you, but you seem to have taken it to heart, must have thin skin eh or maybe, just maybe I have touched a nerve, either way I am not going to get into a childish arguement with you over it. Oh and just one final thing prior to me leaving, as for dud players and you stating I need to be an expert, I think if you have a wee read of some recent posts you will see quite a few posters tend to agree with me regarding his signings.

It's spelt 'argument'.

douglawson
17-09-2011, 05:54 PM

Uberfan asks again if a fan was at the game, who gave you the right to ask any Hibs fan if they were at the game or not ?, plenty do not go to away games anymore but have been to more away games than you will ever go to. What should worry you more is how many are going to home games , you and your other couple of CC supporters will have the place to yourselves soon if this continues.

nortonhibby
17-09-2011, 05:58 PM
I've never disliked a manager as much as I do CC.

He is up there with Bobby Williamson ( who actually has a better record than CC ) And Duffy as my most hated now clueless is he.

10 Wins in 40 Games ?????????????

And to think RP Actually turned down an offer to take him and to pay money for CC, If only RP Had bitten it would have been the mother of all deals.

Once he is Sacked or he walks all eyes will be on RP:confused:

Cropley10
17-09-2011, 06:06 PM

That's right we needed CC to re-sign GOC and Sproule.

Towell's a loan. He's not made a decent signing yet. Agogo is laughable. Thornhill and Scott Div 1 players.

We've replaced rubbish small players with rubbish tall players.

None of the players signed will be bought off us by other Clubs. The pool of talent is thinner than it was under Yogi.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Calderwood must goe - his aura is eaven effecting or is it affecting Howe things are spelled/spelt on a massage bored (or is it the ifone productive text striking again?) :)

Seriously forgot the game was even on today thought it was tomorrow for some reason. Didn't listen to the game either.
I'm close to breaking my stance on backing CC to see things through and do wonder whether BB is another janny - I said Janny!
I have a feeling the cup game is dday if we win he gets stay of execution if fails the board have pasted themselves into a difficult corner but surely the word untenable comes to the fore

nortonhibby
17-09-2011, 06:13 PM
[QUOTE=YehButNo But;2918350]Can't understand why we have given CC as long as he has had, his record is dreadful as are his tactics and style of football. IMO the double substitution today cost us the game and is the final straw, we need to get rid of him now.

Would never have believed this a few months ago but we should get JJ & BB in as a double act and I'm sure they would have us in the top 6 at the split. Looking at the next 6 games if we stay with CC we will be stuck at the bottom.

Dundee Utd H
St Johnstone H
Rangers A
Motherwell H
St Mirren A
Celtic A

These fixtures do not look good United and St Js are flying, Gers away id write off unless we do the same as we did last season but the team is a lot worse now than last season when we went there.

Motherwell home possibly a point we could get, St Mirren away is winable but more like a point they did beat us at Easter Road so will be confident, and Celtic away note a hope there.

Im sticking my neck out and predict 4 points from these fixtures with CC Still in Charge, but if we only draw at St Mirren it could only be 2 points.

Every game looks hard though TBO. Gulp time for a beer to drown my sorrows, 2-0 up and he does the most un thinkable double subsitution and we end up drawing its almost like he did it on purpose:confused:

truehibernian
17-09-2011, 06:14 PM

Everyone needs to defend, and that means the simple stuff like being switched on and concentrated for the full 90 minutes. We seem to be the only side who don't anticipate a quickly taken free kick or even an expected opposition throw in.

Take a look at Akpo Sodje (if you want) when Dunfermline took a quick free kick late in the second half. Not only did Akpo see the kick taken, instead of closing the player down, he looked at the ref, and even then was slow to react. These things cost goals. Both Booth and Towell were poor as well, when Dunfermline got throws, they ball watched instead of being sharp and in the face of the receiving player.

These are quite literally the basics of football at any level. Our midfield play as if the ball is on the moon. They take an age to bring it under control, they stroll instead of drive forward.........second half there was again, quite literally, no central midfielder, as VP seemed to go AWOL, and Osbourne was edging left all the time. No balance, no leadership in that area. Dare I say we need a Keane or Lennon type.....a general. We don't have it.

What infuriated me more is when Towell shot across goal, and again, Sodje was rooted, not making any attempt to get into a scoring area. Saying that, Agogo was nowhere to be seen. He was faster when sitting on the bench !

Cropley10
17-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Everyone needs to defend, and that means the simple stuff like being switched on and concentrated for the full 90 minutes. We seem to be the only side who don't anticipate a quickly taken free kick or even an expected opposition throw in.

Take a look at Akpo Sodje (if you want) when Dunfermline took a quick free kick late in the second half. Not only did Akpo see the kick taken, instead of closing the player down, he looked at the ref, and even then was slow to react. These things cost goals. Both Booth and Towell were poor as well, when Dunfermline got throws, they ball watched instead of being sharp and in the face of the receiving player.

These are quite literally the basics of football at any level. Our midfield play as if the ball is on the moon. They take an age to bring it under control, they stroll instead of drive forward.........second half there was again, quite literally, no central midfielder, as VP seemed to go AWOL, and Osbourne was edging left all the time. No balance, no leadership in that area. Dare I say we need a Keane or Lennon type.....a general. We don't have it.

What infuriated me more is when Towell shot across goal, and again, Sodje was rooted, not making any attempt to get into a scoring area. Saying that, Agogo was nowhere to be seen. He was faster when sitting on the bench !

But none of these things are Calderwoods fault. He needs to be given 'the season at least'. Apparently.

nortonhibby
17-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Hopefully this Brainless ****** leaves as soon as possible.

And take RP With him in the same :taxi

Brooster
17-09-2011, 06:39 PM
I cannot take any more of this clown. He is doing my nut in. His tactics and team selections have been baffling all season.

nortonhibby
17-09-2011, 06:48 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/14961435.stm

HE SAID HE IS THANKFUL FOR THE POINT:confused:

grantonhibee
17-09-2011, 06:51 PM
The guy doesnt look interested , every defeat he just shirks his shoulders and says we will come good , when is this gonna happen cause its been a long time , remove the clown and petrie can go to pair of clowns !!

The Green Goblin
17-09-2011, 07:27 PM
The guy doesnt look interested , every defeat he just shirks his shoulders and says we will come good , when is this gonna happen cause its been a long time , remove the clown and petrie can go to pair of clowns !!

Maybe he is just waiting it out in the hope of forcing Hibs to sack him and give him a nice big fat cheque for doing such a terrible job? Meanwhile, here we are again, looking at another long long way back from yet another dark pit of utter failure. New manager? Needs to get his own players in? Needs time? blah blah blah blah and on it goes...

Terrible.

GG

nortonhibby
17-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Maybe he is just waiting it out in the hope of forcing Hibs to sack him and give him a nice big fat cheque for doing such a terrible job? Meanwhile, here we are again, looking at another long long way back from yet another dark pit of utter failure. New manager? Needs to get his own players in? Needs time? blah blah blah blah and on it goes...

Terrible.

GG

Its like Groundhogg day but each day gets worse in our case one man to blame IMO RP If we can replace him we can move forward again.

smurf
17-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Times up.

Another appointment the board have got horrifically wrong.

Speedway
17-09-2011, 09:31 PM
May I remind the board that McCall, Strachan and Butcher have been touted for the Hibs job by posters on here.

Anyone seen how Mowbray is doing?

Albion Hibs
18-09-2011, 12:04 AM
But none of these things are Calderwoods fault. He needs to be given 'the season at least'. Apparently.

Good well thought through contribution, I will take it you did not watch the game....for a change.

The post you were replying to largely agreed with what I said, we defend poorly as a team. I have not seen any of the goals again, but when there full back is scoring with no challange to beat I would have to ask where Sproule was, I will bet he was miles away. These things need to be resolved, they more forward thinking players need to drop in and help, mucking in is not too good for barca and man U players, so ours need to take note at times.

hibsdownunder
18-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Good well thought through contribution, I will take it you did not watch the game....for a change.

The post you were replying to largely agreed with what I said, we defend poorly as a team. I have not seen any of the goals again, but when there full back is scoring with no challange to beat I would have to ask where Sproule was, I will bet he was miles away. These things need to be resolved, they more forward thinking players need to drop in and help, mucking in is not too good for barca and man U players, so ours need to take note at times.

Agree with this. Should have won that game but the team defensively are poor. Sproule does not track back which is causing problems and exposing booth a young player who needs better support. Sproule arguing with bb when subbed - he should be made to watch the highlights and then apologise to his team mates. The whole team needs to work harder as a unit when we don't have the ball if were going to get better.

Lang Toun Hibs
18-09-2011, 12:53 AM
we should get JJ & BB in as a double act and I'm sure they would have us in the top 6 at the split.

Sounds like a plan!

EasterRoad4Ever
18-09-2011, 05:31 AM
How did we get to the point where Jefferies (a life long Yam) is being touted as our saviour, and many Hibs fans starting to accept that ? This is beyond embarrassing, it's humiliating. Unfortunately, Petrie and his inept Board have put us in such a dire position that this may be the best option to get us out of this sorry mess. I wonder what the bookies odds are on a JJ/BB management team at ER is now ?

And the final piece in the puzzle is the JJ will probably be the CHEAPEST option - no comp.

Can you imagine JJ walking into the Hibs Board for his interview thinking "You guys have completely ***ed up and need me much more than I need you. Now how much are you going to pay me?".