PDA

View Full Version : Relegation

Ozyhibby
17-09-2011, 01:28 PM
There is no worse squad in the SPL than ours. On paper or on the pitch. We are looking very good for the drop.

Bob Box Fish
17-09-2011, 01:30 PM
It's the management of the players that's the problem.

grantonhibee
17-09-2011, 01:31 PM
we are doomed totally shambolic , petrie get rid of this clown pronto

SkintHibby
17-09-2011, 01:34 PM
He's just the latest one to sign a team full of useless players.

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Spot on, positively THE worst Hibs team I have seen in many a year, comical defending, no midfield (Scott perhaps excluded) and after Ivan and GOC went off we had no one even half decent up front, too many passengers like Osbourne and Towell and Booth had nightmares, goodness knows how we are going to get ourselves out of this mess this season.

Elephant Stone
17-09-2011, 01:38 PM
There is still time to rescue this season from being a complete write off. Get a manager in now and we might just be able to have half a decent season, otherwise it's going to be one of the worst in a long time.

Gatecrasher
17-09-2011, 01:40 PM
There is still time to rescue this season from being a complete write off. Get a manager in now and we might just be able to have half a decent season, otherwise it's going to be one of the worst in a long time.

as things stand sadly we need to look at Relegation as a possibility however as you say if we act sooner rather than later we can turn this around and still have a decent season.

Ozyhibby
17-09-2011, 01:42 PM
I doubt Jose mourinho could get that group of players playing well.

Wotherspiniesta
17-09-2011, 01:43 PM
There is no worse squad in the SPL than ours. On paper or on the pitch. We are looking very good for the drop.

Pish.

We've easily got a good enough squad to be a top 6 team.

Problem is, we don't defend as a unit and insist on playing this eye bleeding hoofball.

The tactics are a shambles. And that lies squarely at the feet of the manager.

Saorsa
17-09-2011, 01:43 PM
It's the management of the players that's the problem.It starts right at the top IMO

zero-seven
17-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Can't understand,if they are pro footballers that marking and tracking back should be high on the agenda !

The full back and winger had craploads of room all game and caused us so many problems

Utter garbage

essexhibee
17-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Calderwood stays then we will go down imo.

Monkey Harris
17-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Every game we drop points, as others keep picking up the odd point. We will be cut off at the bottom, facing the drop. Sack this clown now!!!!!!!

Forza Fred
17-09-2011, 01:49 PM
If Calderwood does not go, and soon, then we WILL go down

truehibernian
17-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Can't understand,if they are pro footballers that marking and tracking back should be high on the agenda !

The full back and winger had craploads of room all game and caused us so many problems

Utter garbage

It's been a problem for a while under CC. Ball watching has become the norm. Dunfermline were always looking to take things quick, looking for the zipped pass, exploiting the width.

Booth does the hard bit and wins the tackle, puts the ball out for a throw. Then he literally stands and watches the throw get taken and fails to switch on and close space. It's these precious seconds that prevent a dangerous ball getting whipped in, a ball played across the middle etc. Scott and Sproule were the same to be honest. Palsson was the worst, and Osbourne seems to think others are going to do the work.

Hibs seem to take an age on the ball, always taking that extra touch, if they have no option, it's a hopeful lob forward, Hanlon being culpable for that far too often. They had time to turn at times yet always played the ball back to Stack.....that gives the opposition time to face and set up. Nothing is quick or dunamic about our play. There was a moment where Towell sclaffed a shot, which Sodje stood and watched......no one wants to bust a gut to get on the end of things, chasing a lost cause (other than Leigh or GOC.......an example of which was GOC's goal today....he made it himself though tenacity).

Utterly awful, unbelievable decision making, and the players are playing with fear. Time for a change IMHO. He has had enough time and the tactics never change. We need a hard-liner, with experience, and who doesn't wrap them up and allow the above to continue.

heretoday
17-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Och it's okay. Two draws in a row. If we can draw every game from now on we'll easily survive and get in the Guinness Record Book as well.

Craig_in_Prague
17-09-2011, 05:39 PM
I stayed off this site all day, many hours after the game usually you get more honest comments than right after the FT whistle.

However, I am not surprised with the overall negative comments on various threads.

I must admit that sitting watching that 2nd half, it's easy to see this side going down.
Hanlon ought to be one of the worse defenders in the country, Booth and Towell have terrible positional sense for defending, and although our midfield as individuals are decent enough players, we basically dont have a midfield..... I don't think they can/want to string 2-3 passes together...... Total hoofball from back to front..... and taking off LG was a shocking decision. At least with GOC and him we looked somewhat dangerous.

St J winning 3-0 at Motherwell today, will see M'Well get the perfect pick me up with Hibs 'visiting' on Tuesday, and then UTD won't get an easier away win all season than next week.
I think 2 defeats next week, and it could be curtains for this complete joke of a manager.

I feel sorry for all hibees world wide and espeically those attending the games. Bad bad times and we ARE NOT TOO GOOD to go down, you better believe it.

YehButNoBut
17-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Looking at the next 6 games if we stay with CC we will be stuck at the bottom.

Dundee Utd H
St Johnstone H
Rangers A
Motherwell H
St Mirren A
Celtic A

CC does not deserve any more time, he has failed big time and if the board cannot see that, they have failed as well. Would never have believed I would say this a few months ago but we should get JJ & BB in as a double act and I'm sure they would have us in the top 6 at the split.

The Voice Of Reason
17-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Pish.

Problem is, we don't defend as a unit and insist on playing this eye bleeding hoofball.

The bit in bold - you obviously truly believe that.

Quite astonishing, in fact absoloutely incredible ! :ostrich:

Steve20
17-09-2011, 05:57 PM

Not a chance that squad is good enough to be in the top 6. Nowhere close.

Future17
17-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Pish.

I totally agree with you.

Stack, Hanlon, Sproule, O'Connor, Griffiths would get into any SPL starting XI outside of the Old Firm and possibly Hearts who I think have the 3rd best squad.

Booth, Osborne, Scott have all got potential and will come good with a run of games when things click.

Sodje has scored SPL goals and can do a job. It's hard to judge O'Hanlon but I feel he has looked decent in the few games he has played.

I don't like Calderwood and I don't think he's capable of getting the best out of this group of players. However, to suggest the squad is the worst in the SPL when we have some full internationals, many under-21 internationals and others with good experience is absolutely ridiculous.

Russ
17-09-2011, 06:28 PM

2 words swiftly spring to mind SLAVERING K..T