Wotherspiniesta
16-09-2011, 05:26 PM
What would your starting XI be? Mines:

Stack

Towell O'Hanlon Hanlon Murray

Sproule Osbourne Scott Booth

O'Connor Griffiths

Subs: Brown Wotherspoon Stephens Palsson Thornhill Galbraith Sodje

Although Murray wouldn't be my first choice at LB, I thought the defence looked a little more solid against Aberdeen before he went off. He might not be blessed with great ability and won't get forward as much as Booth, but he has experience which is what we're needing, especially in defence. I'd drop Palsson. I don't think he done much wrong on Sunday, but I think we need more of an attacking threat in midfield, So I'd bring in Booth whos more of a natural winger than Scott. Scott I'd move into the centre of the park where he can play alongside Osbourne who I thought done well against Aberdeen and will only get better as he gets up to game speed. We need to start passing the ball to Sproule more. He may overrun things on occasions and sometimes his end product isn't the best but if we can slide passes in behind the Dunfermline full back, we can utilise his pace a lot more ( He'd leave Jason Thomson traling in his dust if he was playing LB by the way). Griffiths looked hungry when he came on but barely got any service as Aberdeen were taking the game to us at that point. He can play on the last man, making burrowing runs into the box and feeding off big Gaz. TBH, I wouldn't even have Agogo on the bench, I've seen absolutely nothing of him since he's signed and although Sodje isn't everyone's cup of tea, I think he'd be a more effective player to have in reserve.

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Murray is out injured

SteveHFC
16-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Stack

Towell
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Ivan
Palsson
Osbourne
Galbraith

O'Connor
Griffiths

Subs:
Brown
Stephens
Scott
Thornhill
Wotherspoon
Agogo
Sodje

NorthNorfolkHFC
16-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Stack, booth, hanlon, o'hanlon, towell, wotherspoon, palsson, Scott, griffiths, sodje, o'connor

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Wotherspiniesta
16-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Murray is out injured

Bugger. Needs must, brings Booth to LB and put Galbraith in at LM.

Franck Stanton
16-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Time for a shake-up methinks, there have been too many "players" under-performing, so with that in mind my team would be :-

...............................Stack.............. ........

Towel.........O'Hanlon..........Hanlon.........Boo th

Wotherspoon...........Scott........Thornhill...... ...Griffiths

...........................Sodje...........O'Conno r.................

and even some of above only get a game as there's no one else available.

thebakerboy
16-09-2011, 07:00 PM
I really do not like having Sproule in the starting line up and feel we have to stop Dunfermline scoring as they have scored a few this season and I would take a 1 0 win tomorrow. With Murray injured this is my line up would be
Stack
Towell O'Hanlon Hanlon Booth
Paulsson
Osbourne Thornhill Scott
O'Connor Griffith

subs. Brown Stephens Sodje Sproule Galbraith Stevenson Agogo

But if Murray isn't injured I'd have him in beside Victor and Thornhill on the bench with Agogo in the stand.

Albion Hibs
16-09-2011, 07:02 PM
What would your starting XI be? Mines:

Stack

Towell O'Hanlon Hanlon Murray

Sproule Osbourne Scott Booth

O'Connor Griffiths

Subs: Brown Wotherspoon Stephens Palsson Thornhill Galbraith Sodje

Although Murray wouldn't be my first choice at LB, I thought the defence looked a little more solid against Aberdeen before he went off. He might not be blessed with great ability and won't get forward as much as Booth, but he has experience which is what we're needing, especially in defence. I'd drop Palsson. I don't think he done much wrong on Sunday, but I think we need more of an attacking threat in midfield, So I'd bring in Booth whos more of a natural winger than Scott. Scott I'd move into the centre of the park where he can play alongside Osbourne who I thought done well against Aberdeen and will only get better as he gets up to game speed. We need to start passing the ball to Sproule more. He may overrun things on occasions and sometimes his end product isn't the best but if we can slide passes in behind the Dunfermline full back, we can utilise his pace a lot more ( He'd leave Jason Thomson traling in his dust if he was playing LB by the way). Griffiths looked hungry when he came on but barely got any service as Aberdeen were taking the game to us at that point. He can play on the last man, making burrowing runs into the box and feeding off big Gaz. TBH, I wouldn't even have Agogo on the bench, I've seen absolutely nothing of him since he's signed and although Sodje isn't everyone's cup of tea, I think he'd be a more effective player to have in reserve.

Ready for it.....I agree with your starting 11 choice. I think Scott can do just as good a job as Palsson in that role, if not better and offers more going forward.

I would most probably change it so that Griffiths plays off O'Connor, with one of them dropping into midfield when we are defending as I think dunfemline will probably pack that area.

I dont agree with the Agogo shout, I would definatly have him on the bench, I thought he did okay last week, he was clearly there just to hold up and knock on, which I thought he did, and it was pretty noticeable when he came off that the ball came back at us far quicker and Aberdeen got a better hold of the game.

If Murray is injured I would be tempted to put hanlon at left back and Stephens at CH.

Speedway
16-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Stack

Wotherspoon
O'Hanlon
Palsson
Booth

Scott
Osbourne
Towell
Griffiths

O'Connor
Sodje

Franck is God
16-09-2011, 07:29 PM
My team would be as below.

Brown

Towell----O'Hanlon----Hanlon----Booth

Palsson---Osbourne

Spoony----Scott----Griffiths

O'Connor

Palsson & Osbourne to give the defensive cover to allow both Towell & Booth to act like wing backs providing width While Spoony, Scott & Griffiths support O'Connor.

Hiber-nation
16-09-2011, 07:37 PM
I just want to see Griffiths start. Don't give a monkeys who else plays and where they play.

essexhibee
16-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Murray is out injured Thank god!!

PeterboroHibee
16-09-2011, 08:04 PM
My team would be as below.

Brown

Towell----O'Hanlon----Hanlon----Booth

Palsson---Osbourne

Spoony----Scott----Griffiths

O'Connor

Palsson & Osbourne to give the defensive cover to allow both Towell & Booth to act like wing backs providing width While Spoony, Scott & Griffiths support O'Connor.

Apart from Brown that would be my team. Scott seems to have a lot of energy and a good eye for goal so would have him playing off O'Connor. Spoony never looks comfortable on the left so would at least give him another chance on the right.

PISTOL1875
16-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Stack

Towell O'Hanlon Hanlon Booth

Wotherspoon Thornhill Osbourne Palsson Scott

O'Connor

Jonnyboy
16-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Just a wee word on the thread title. According to STV's graphic on their 6.00 news show its "Dunfirmline"

Ye couldnae make it up although I suppose they did :greengrin

Albion Hibs
16-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Time for a shake-up methinks, there have been too many "players" under-performing, so with that in mind my team would be :-

...............................Stack.............. ........

Towel.........O'Hanlon..........Hanlon.........Boo th

Wotherspoon...........Scott........Thornhill...... ...Griffiths

...........................Sodje...........O'Conno r.................

and even some of above only get a game as there's no one else available.

To many players underperforming....so you have decided to play them as there punishment? Certainly an interesting strategy.

down the slope
16-09-2011, 09:16 PM
To many players underperforming....so you have decided to play them as there punishment? Certainly an interesting strategy.

You must mean their punishment not there punishment ?, if you are going to take the Lilian Gish at least get your spelling right.

Albion Hibs
16-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Another farcial removal of a post. Clearly much worse than the one I replied to.

HNA1
16-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Another farcial removal of a post. Clearly much worse than the one I replied to.

If everyone managed to act like adults and debate the points in the thread without bringing the tone down with the personal stuff, we wouldn't have to farcically remove any posts...:rolleyes:

Albion Hibs
16-09-2011, 09:59 PM
If everyone managed to act like adults and debate the points in the thread without bringing the tone down with the personal stuff, we wouldn't have to farcically remove any posts...:rolleyes:

Good news. However, I will refer you to the post I initially replyed to, I dont see any relation to the team playing Dunfermline tomorrow.

HNA1
16-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Good news. However, I will refer you to the post I initially replyed to, I dont see any relation to the team playing Dunfermline tomorrow.

And the one that was replying to and so on...

We've drawn a line under it now. Back on topic from here, please.

500miles
17-09-2011, 10:04 AM
..............................Stack
..W'Spoon....O'Hanlon.........Hanlon....Booth
................Palsson...........Stevenson
....Towell..............Griffiths............Scott
.......................O'Connor

stokesmessiah
17-09-2011, 10:21 AM
You must mean their punishment not there punishment ?, if you are going to take the Lilian Gish at least get your spelling right.

That is grammar and not spelling.

If your going to take the Lilian then i would prefer that your at least accurate with what your saying !:aok:

CropleyWasGod
17-09-2011, 10:24 AM
That is grammar and not spelling.

If your going to take the Lilian then i would prefer that your at least accurate with what your saying !:aok:

You're, you're and you're :na na:

Yours, Lilian.

nonshinyfinish
17-09-2011, 10:35 AM
You're, you're and you're :na na:

Yours, Lilian.

:hilarious

In other news, is there a game on today?

wazoo1875
17-09-2011, 10:37 AM
:hilariousIn other news, is there a game on today? Not sure but there's a spelling bee goin on right now ;-)

CropleyWasGod
17-09-2011, 10:59 AM
:hilarious

In other news, is there a game on today?

In the words of Francey, D.... fuctifano. There are more important things in life, like linguistic and grammatical pedantry.