PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive: The Billy Brown Diaries

Dashing Bob S
16-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Hibs.net readers can experience the terrible dilemma faced by Billy as he contemplates switching to his deadly rivals, Hibernian.

WEDNESDAY

Unemployment. I could get used to this! Ratarsed down the local at Musselburgh last night. Woke this morning with a sair one. The missus in a bad mood because I never noticed the new tattoo on her erse. She left to do her school dinners job so I thought I’d knock one out over that Aussie soap opera that comes on in the eftirnoons, before getting a late steak pie at local with a pint of stout. The phone goes and it’s young Tommo greeting away fae Lith land, saying that he misses Scotland and that Romanov’s Lith club have disabled his Facebook account. Well, the conversation took a dark turn and nae way was I psychological condition tae ‘batter yin off’, so I went tae Lucas for a sugar hit. Sundae, bloody sundae! All good again.

THURSDAY

Things a bit tight so woke early and cashed in some war bounds Jeff gied me. Doctor’s for regular check-up – disappointed to find no traces of asbo in the lungs. Got hame and the phone went and it was Caldo offering me a job. Could’ve knocked me doon with a feather. I told him it was flattering but a big step and I’d need to discuss it wi the significant other. So I got on to Jeff and asked him what tae dae.

In between moothfae’s of pie, I thought he said ‘Take it.’

‘You’re joking.’

‘Fifteen minutes drive fae the hoose in Musselburry n nae compo issues? You’d be mad no tae.’

‘You heard the lungs came up clear, then.’

‘Aye. Sorry pal.’

So phoned Caldo and accepted. ‘The great thing Billy, is that with you in the job, if anything should happen to me, like if I was somehow offered a post of tea-boy’s assistant for a club in Engerlund, or a George Graham impersonator on the after-dinner circuit, there would be a ready made replacement…’

‘…Jeff!’ we squealed at the same time in delight.

As I got off the phone, the missus had picked up on all the frivolity. ‘You been on that sex chat line again, Billy Broon?’

‘Naw…well, mair a sexy football chatline. Caldo’s concerned that Hibs are a bit dull tae watch wi aw this hoofball, so he thinks that with me havin been Jeff’s assistant for 23 years, I’ll be able to come in and spice things up.’

Well, she wisnae happy, worryin’ aboot the windaes being pit in. She also had tae get the ‘Glorious Herts’ tattoo removed, which didnae bother her as she had always wanted a big harp on her erse. ‘Well, Billy,’ she said tae me, ‘it’s only fifteen minutes drive tae the training centre and we’ve nae compo tae worry aboot.’

FRIDAY

Fifteen minutes drive, right enough, well, fifteen minutes and thirty twa seconds, but lits no split baw hairs for yince. First thing ah saw wis Dirk Lehmann, hudnae seen for ages. 'How you daein man? Still makin the films? Nothin buckshee'
The boy looked a week bit oot ay shape for that game, but I didnae want tae say. Caldo comes ower, and says, 'That's no Lehman, Billy, you incompetent Jambo tube, that's the MD, Mr Petrie.'
Well, I thought tae masel, 'incompentent Jambo tube, and here's me just in the door?' It'll be a long, hard season. Still, fifteen minutes drive and nae compo...

bawheid
16-09-2011, 11:23 AM
:top marks

Peevemor
16-09-2011, 11:26 AM
:thumbsup:

Hibs Class
16-09-2011, 11:28 AM
:faf: VG.

JimBHibees
16-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Brilliant, very funny. :thumbsup:

Wheat Hound
16-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Tres droll

Stevie Reid
16-09-2011, 11:56 AM
:greengrin

Dan Sarf
16-09-2011, 11:58 AM
More! More! :thumbsup:

le bill
16-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Bob,
Thats superb mate!
Best thing I've ever read on here
Cheers
:top marks

Bunter
16-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Chapeau, monsieur!!!!!!!

The best thing I've read on here in ages. :not worth

Simon70
16-09-2011, 02:37 PM
:thumbsup:

:applause:

greenlex
16-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Back on form Bob. Back on form. :agree:

IWasThere2016
16-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Good Skills! Sir Bob. :not worth

Hillsidehibby
16-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Bob...............or should I say Irvine?

Dashing Bob S
16-09-2011, 03:42 PM

Hmmm. There I was trying for the Dundee Barry feel, too.

hibsbollah
16-09-2011, 03:50 PM

Funny you should say that. The main protagonist in Irvine's Filth reminds me of Billy Broon a bit. Stuffing his face with products from Crawfords the bakers, struggling with his irritable bowel syndrome through the rough polyester of his L&B police slacks. Will he leave his manky **** past behind now hes joined us urbane, metropolitan sophisticates?

Lets hope someone takes him clothes shopping asap.

Judas Iscariot
16-09-2011, 04:20 PM
:top marks:greengrin

TedSnedds
16-09-2011, 04:48 PM
top notch!!!:top marks

Dashing Bob S
16-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Funny you should say that. The main protagonist in Irvine's Filth reminds me of Billy Broon a bit. Stuffing his face with products from Crawfords the bakers, struggling with his irritable bowel syndrome through the rough polyester of his L&B police slacks. Will he leave his manky **** past behind now hes joined us urbane, metropolitan sophisticates?

What a fabulous idea, HB. It might be easier to accept BB if he looked a little less Jambo.

For the start I'd change his moniker to 'Bruno' to put us in mind of Sasha Baron Cohen's character of the same name, who displayed a lively interest in fashion.

Any other suggestions as to how we might do a remake on Billy?

healfyhibee
16-09-2011, 05:02 PM
That was class mate. You should do it monthly, gee us aw sumtn tae look forward tae eh?

iwasthere1972
16-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Absolutely hilarious. :aok:

DBS you're a legend.

MyresideHibby
16-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Nice one!:greengrin

Iggy Pope
16-09-2011, 08:46 PM

:greengrin
Frank Sidebottom team talks?

Irish_Steve
16-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Bob, you wouldn`t happen to have a BB tattoo too?? Not that I want to check, like

The Harp
16-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Excellent stuff! Hope yer BB diaries becomes a regular feature.:aok:

TrickyNicky
17-09-2011, 06:19 AM
What a fabulous idea, HB. It might be easier to accept BB if he looked a little less Jambo.

For the start I'd change his moniker to 'Bruno' to put us in mind of Sasha Baron Cohen's character of the same name, who displayed a lively interest in fashion.

Any other suggestions as to how we might do a remake on Billy?

Mibbe " Queer Eye fir The Jambo Guy " !

" Tonight on the Fine Living Channel, we will travel to Edinboro, Scatland to make-over ex soccer star and assistant managerial messiah, Billy Brown".

The boys from the Big Apple, Carson Kressley - Fashion Savant, Kyan Douglas - Grooming Guru, Ted Allen - Food and wine connoisseur, Thom Filicia - Design Doctor and Jai Rodriguez - Culture Vulture make their way to Chez Broon in Musselburgh.

The doorbell rings, one of those high pitched electronic yins, beltin oot " Hearts, Hearts, Glorious Hearts ".

Billy, upstairs in his den, with the triple deadbolt on the inside of the door, leaps from his ergonomic, pleather, high-backed chair, quickly shutting down ujizz.com and deletes his history, as has become second nature these days.

Must git a new SIM caird thing fir that doorbell, winnae look good if Rod droaps in, Caldo widnae mind of course, no even sure eh'd notice mind you.

Billy opens the door tae see the fab 5 starin back at um, ah TV crew,ah black SUV and ays missus - Jeff, aw done up like the auld dear oaf The Kardashian's.

Whit the **ck, whae's the bufties ?
Thair " Queer Eye fir the Jambo Guy, Billy darlin sais Jeff.
What they daein here then fir?
I organised for to get you a complete make-over for your new job at Hibs, you know there's no way they would stand for you turning up to work in shell-suits and who better than these fashion savvy gentlemen.
Aye, suppose eh!
Moan in then, mah wife...eh'm .. ah mean Jeff here, ull git ye's a cup ay tae n ah bicky, ah'm jist gonnae nash up the stairs and check mah emails.

Billy bounds up the stairs, two at a time contemplating trying to hit three but thinks better of it, checks in the den, yanks the computer out of the plug pack and heads back down the stairs, sucking his paunch belly in till it hurts and then releases it half way.

So boys, big fan ay yer show, Jeff here and me huv goat the the boax collection ay the firs 3 series', love whit ye's dun whae the big black gadge fae The Bronx!

The Queer Eye's take the praise well, Billy thinks that's probubly cos thir takin it left, right and centre, ah shouldnae be so judgementl ken, ah dinnae even ken the laddies, it's jist thit me n' Jeff urnae like that, wir sortay homebodies likes, he thinks tae umsel.

Thom pipes up " Let's have a little sneaky round your pad William, I think your general aesthetic is fine, maybe a little too heavy in the chabby-chic area, a tad too much lace but all in all I think you have a good eye forcolour and a palette that expresses who you are, but.......... there's still a lot of work to be done,.... let's go shopping William !!

Part 2 to come......

hibsbollah
17-09-2011, 08:52 AM
The Billy Brown Diaries.

..or 'How A Scaffy Fae Mussbra' Found His Sartorial Mojo'...

Lets hope he is a vision of elegance in the Fife sunshine this afternoon.

leither17
20-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Bump for those like me who missed part one first time round both superb