PDA

View Full Version : Billy Brown to Hibs (Confirmed)

KiddA
15-09-2011, 04:49 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3815316/Hibs-eye-swoop-for-Jambo-Billy.html

Probably bs but whats your thoughts on this one?

I read the other day on here that Billy Brown might be a good shout but maybe The Sun looked at this too and done the report :dunno:

Hamish
15-09-2011, 04:57 AM
Lazy journalism scouring fans forums for stories.:coffee:

Mikey
15-09-2011, 04:58 AM
but maybe The Sun looked at this too and done the report :dunno:

:agree:

Although that doesn't mean there isn't any truth in it.

hibbiedon
15-09-2011, 06:26 AM

Although that doesn't mean there isn't any truth in it.

He was at the game on Sunday

Iain G
15-09-2011, 06:45 AM
A good solid experienced number 2 to CC maybe what we are needing to get the squad performing, would have no real issues should it be Brown as he has been there and seen it in the SPL :agree:

Prawn Sandwich
15-09-2011, 07:06 AM

Well that should be enough to put him off the job..........if there is a job?

Keith_M
15-09-2011, 07:15 AM

He's a football man and lives in Musselburgh. I expect he goes to a lot of games, especially at ER and the PBS.

iwasthere1972
15-09-2011, 07:17 AM
Reported on the SSN that according to sources Hibs are in talks with Billy Brown.

Craig_in_Prague
15-09-2011, 07:23 AM
is he not a Hibby?

not that it matters, I'd welcome this appointment if it came to anything......

Brooster
15-09-2011, 07:26 AM
Would you believe it ;-)

bawheid
15-09-2011, 07:28 AM
A good solid experienced number 2

You've got that one right!

IFONLY
15-09-2011, 07:35 AM

Believe that there is a lot of mileage in this story, so I wouldn`t dismiss it out of hand.

Mikey
15-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Would you believe it ;-)

:greengrin

:not worth

Niffy
15-09-2011, 07:40 AM
You've got that one right!

lol

smurf
15-09-2011, 07:54 AM
Why appoint an assistant now?

bingo70
15-09-2011, 07:55 AM

Doubt it, rumours from here may have prompted more enquiries to be made but i don't believe they'd have just noticed a rumour on a fans forum and put it in a paper due to the amount of pish rumours you get on here so i reckon there'll be something in it.

Would be pleased if it's true, we need an assistant manager, he knows the SPL inside out and hopefully he can bring a winning mentality to derbies.

Not that it makes any difference but what was Browns playing career like? Did he play for hearts?

bingo70
15-09-2011, 07:58 AM

IMO CC didn't want to uproot one of his pals from down south as he didn't know how long he'd be staying, if we appoint BB and CC leaves next week BB is no worse off as he's just sittin about the house watching Jeremy Kyle the now.

down-the-slope
15-09-2011, 08:03 AM
IMO CC didn't want to uproot one of his pals from down south as he didn't know how long he'd be staying, if we appoint BB and CC leaves next week BB is no worse off as he's just sittin about the house watching Jeremy Kyle the now.

:rolleyes: at least he is watching Jimmy White in the warm comfort of his arm chair...rather than watching Jimmy White in the freezing cold windswept expanse of a winter at EM

down-the-slope
15-09-2011, 08:12 AM
Hibs eye Jambo BillyBy DEREK McGREGOR
Published: Today

HIBS have sounded out HEARTS legend Billy Brown about a sensational switch to Easter Road as Colin Calderwood's No2.SunSport can reveal there's been hush-hush(So hush hush thats its in a national newspaper) contact with the former Jambos assistant manager over the last week.
Now Brown — Jim Jefferies' long-time right-hand man and part of Tynecastle folklore after the 1998 Scottish Cup win — could be dramatically set to agree a deal.
The 60-year-old — controversially sacked with Jefferies by Hearts last month, IS understood to be willing to cross the capital divide. (is currently doing nowt and is skint and would consider a job in asda)
But it is also believed he still has a compensation issue with Jambos. (sherlock holmes not required for this bit info)
The struggling Calderwood is under massive pressure with Hibs bottom of the SPL after only one league win this term.
He provoked anger among fans last month by initially refusing to rule out a switch to Birmingham or Nottingham Forest when the Championship sides moved for him. (Not the version RP gives)
And appointing an established Jambo as his assistant is unlikely to help appease those supporters who are fast losing patience with him. (rubbish..we are a fickle bunch who would ignore the past of the most unpalatable individuals if hey effected improvement)

Hamish
15-09-2011, 08:16 AM
Believe that there is a lot of mileage in this story, so I wouldn`t dismiss it out of hand.

I'm not, merely pointing out how the journalist possibly got wind of this.

cwilliamson85
15-09-2011, 08:16 AM
Get him in. A good number 2 and knows how to get the best out of players.

Aldo
15-09-2011, 08:18 AM
Here we go and tin hat at the ready

I dont really care who is in charge or is no 2 or whatever as long as they geet us playing and winning again.

I personally think if we dont get a win on sat and start picking up points then CC should be removed.

If we get BB in as his no 2 then so be it...wealth of experience and would benefit the team IMHO.

If we are in the bottom 3 by the end of Oct then CC has to go....

I would give him until the end of the game on Sat and if we dont get 3 points then it should be cheerio

Heres a thought would we accept BB with Jumbo Jim as his no 2. :devil:

Hamish
15-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Doubt it, rumours from here may have prompted more enquiries to be made but i don't believe they'd have just noticed a rumour on a fans forum and put it in a paper due to the amount of pish rumours you get on here so i reckon there'll be something in it.

Would be pleased if it's true, we need an assistant manager, he knows the SPL inside out and hopefully he can bring a winning mentality to derbies.

Not that it makes any difference but what was Browns playing career like? Did he play for hearts?

I realise that, not exactly investigative journalism though is it?.

I posted on the PM board last week that we need an SPL experienced assistant to help CC and I agree BB fits the bill

matty_f
15-09-2011, 08:21 AM
I don't have any problems with a brown number two. Usually quite a healthy sign, imho.

Hamish
15-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Here we go and tin hat at the ready

I dont really care who is in charge or is no 2 or whatever as long as they geet us playing and winning again.

I personally think if we dont get a win on sat and start picking up points then CC should be removed.

If we get BB in as his no 2 then so be it...wealth of experience and would benefit the team IMHO.

If we are in the bottom 3 by the end of Oct then CC has to go....

I would give him until the end of the game on Sat and if we dont get 3 points then it should be cheerio

Heres a thought would we accept BB with Jumbo Jim as his no 2. :devil:

I think if we are beaten on Saturday, with no improvement evident and then are knocked out the League Cup at Fir Park on Tuesday, his jaiket will be on the shoogliest peg in Shooglieville.

bingo70
15-09-2011, 08:24 AM
I realise that, not exactly investigative journalism though is it?.

I posted on the PM board last week that we need an SPL experienced assistant to help CC and I agree BB fits the bill

I think in this day and age if journalists didnt keep an eye on message boards like this they wouldn't be doing their job right, if they were just lifting a rumour from here then i agree that'd be lazy journalism but i don't think they do, i think they probably keep an eye out for any rumours and then follow them up with more enquiries and investigations so i wouldn't actually say it is that lazy.

But anyway, aye, i think he'd be good :greengrin

Stevie Reid
15-09-2011, 08:26 AM
I did think that this might be an outside possibility when he was given the boot at Tynie, especially given our situation and the fact that he is apparently a Hibbie.

However, as much as I have no problem with BB coming to Hibs, as I said in another thread recently it seems a similarly desperate move to getting Billy McNeil in as General Manager towards the end of Duffy's time. And what would happen if we get BB in on a contract and have to dismiss CC - surely we are risking a double compensation situation?

Maybe he'll be Michael O'Neill's assistant :hmmm:

Aldo
15-09-2011, 08:31 AM
I think if we are beaten on Saturday, with no improvement evident and then are knocked out the League Cup at Fir Park on Tuesday, his jaiket will be on the shoogliest peg in Shooglieville.

Hamish he surely must be feeling the pressure....someone else has posted that we should give him until FEB.....Nah for me I dont really care about the performance on Sat but a bit of fight, showing the fans who much it means, and 3 points is the only outcome.

CC has had time and his record, like I say is totally unacceptable.

Would agree matey that his jaiket is on the preverbial shoogley peg and TBH I think RP is looking and watching closely and wont let this go on much longer. (FWIW I give it to the end of OCT)

hibs0666
15-09-2011, 08:31 AM

Why not appoint a number 2 now?

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-09-2011, 08:32 AM
is he not a Hibby?

And so are all his family I believe

:wink:

bighairyfaeleith
15-09-2011, 08:40 AM
BB will be no.2 shortly

CC will leave in a few weeks

JJ will be manager shortly after that

Not sure if I'm happy about it but thats what will happen I reckon.

Beefster
15-09-2011, 08:56 AM

Perhaps because Calderwood didn't think that he needed one but, in the time since, has realised that he does?

For what's it is worth, I'd be happy enough with Brown as assistant.

Tricla
15-09-2011, 08:57 AM
I don't have any problems with a brown number two. Usually quite a healthy sign, imho.

Indeed. :faf:

Stevie Reid
15-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Perhaps because Calderwood didn't think that he needed one but, in the time since, has realised that he does?

As am I but if it proves to be true it is a huge misjudgement by Calderwood - I said a few weeks ago that I hoped that he hadn't underestimated how big a job he has at Hibs, looks like he has.

He hasn't got much right though really.

johnrebus
15-09-2011, 09:11 AM
BB will be no.2 shortly

No chance.

FJK is fast approaching his pension. Why would he cross the great divide and risk ending up as a Maurice Johnston type figure - hated by all sides?

Michael O'Neil is the man.

Speedway
15-09-2011, 09:14 AM
I retain my stance of backing CC through the first round of fixtures though his tenure is at best mixed.

If he can come to rely on a good solid number 2 at EM first thing in the morning, it's going to be a movement in the right direction in what is the very bowels of the club and will eradicate a lot of crap that surrounds that's been present up to now.

Iain G
15-09-2011, 09:31 AM
If the management combination of CC and BB breaks down then we might need the AA to rescue our season :wink:

happiehibbie
15-09-2011, 09:46 AM
I would get JJ and BB in no issues what so ever

smurf
15-09-2011, 09:58 AM

Right from the outset can I just state I've no issue with billy brown. Indeed I would have no issue either with JJ as number one. Not interested in their likes or dislikes. Only interested in their professional capabilities and track record.

So CC maybe didn't think he'd need an assistant but in time since has maybe concluded he does....

Is he not aware of the role he had at Newcastle Utd and indeed the role he was quite happy to discuss in a hotel foyer with Steve McClaren? Was he in and attracted to a non job?

What a confused individual he appears to be...

Beefster
15-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Right from the outset can I just state I've no issue with billy brown. Indeed I would have no issue either with JJ as number one. Not interested in their likes or dislikes. Only interested in their professional capabilities and track record.

So CC maybe didn't think he'd need an assistant but in time since has maybe concluded he does....

Is he not aware of the role he had at Newcastle Utd and indeed the role he was quite happy to discuss in a hotel foyer with Steve McClaren? Was he in and attracted to a non job?

What a confused individual he appears to be...

Unless you know the specific circumstances behind the decision (did the club have an input? did they think Evans/Stevenson etc could absorb the role? etc etc), I'd suggest that you haven't a clue whether he is confused or not.

greenlex
15-09-2011, 10:03 AM
I retain my stance of backing CC through the first round of fixtures though his tenure is at best mixed.If he can come to rely on a good solid number 2 at EM first thing in the morning, it's going to be a movement in the right direction in what is the very bowels of the club and will eradicate a lot of crap that surrounds that's been present up to now. Got me grinning like a ****ing idiot.

scott7_0(Prague)
15-09-2011, 10:08 AM
So we would then have 2 number 2's running the first team. :greengrin

weonlywon6-2
15-09-2011, 10:09 AM

strachan probably would like to have a number 2 !:duck:

CRAZYHIBBY
15-09-2011, 10:12 AM
brown in .... calderwood out ...jim jeffries in

smurf
15-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Unless you know the specific circumstances behind the decision (did the club have an input? did they think Evans/Stevenson etc could absorb the role? etc etc), I'd suggest that you haven't a clue whether he is confused or not.

Then no more or no less than you then?

My opinion is he's confused. Maybe being love sick/home sick brings it on I'm not sure... so I'm confused about that.

cocopops1875
15-09-2011, 10:54 AM
is he not a Hibby?

I believe he is not a Hibs man contrary to rumours ( very good source)

Steve20
15-09-2011, 10:56 AM
I believe he is not a Hibs man contrary to rumours ( very good source)

He is. I know a couple of people, who have met him on more than one occasion and they say he is defo a Hibee.

IWasThere2016
15-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Hibs eye Jambo BillyBy DEREK McGREGOR
Published: Today

HIBS have sounded out HEARTS legend Billy Brown about a sensational switch to Easter Road as Colin Calderwood's No2.SunSport can reveal there's been hush-hush(So hush hush thats its in a national newspaper) contact with the former Jambos assistant manager over the last week.
Now Brown — Jim Jefferies' long-time right-hand man and part of Tynecastle folklore after the 1998 Scottish Cup win — could be dramatically set to agree a deal.
The 60-year-old — controversially sacked with Jefferies by Hearts last month, IS understood to be willing to cross the capital divide. (is currently doing nowt and is skint and would consider a job in asda)
But it is also believed he still has a compensation issue with Jambos. (sherlock holmes not required for this bit info)
The struggling Calderwood is under massive pressure with Hibs bottom of the SPL after only one league win this term.
He provoked anger among fans last month by initially refusing to rule out a switch to Birmingham or Nottingham Forest when the Championship sides moved for him. (Not the version RP gives)
And appointing an established Jambo as his assistant is unlikely to help appease those supporters who are fast losing patience with him. (rubbish..we are a fickle bunch who would ignore the past of the most unpalatable individuals if hey effected improvement)

:greengrin

Good contrast to CC - in the old fashioned good cop/bad cop set-up

cocopops1875
15-09-2011, 10:59 AM
He is. I know a couple of people, who have met him on more than one occasion and they say he is defo a Hibee.

I suspect his son would know ;-) just about had a s**t fit at the suggestion his old man was green

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-09-2011, 11:05 AM
BB will be no.2 shortly

Things are that bad down ER way at the moment that I would be reasonably happy if this change was to take place.

MountcastleHibs
15-09-2011, 11:34 AM
I believe he is not a Hibs man contrary to rumours ( very good source) He was most definitely a Hibs supporter growing up, perhaps not now, but he was.

cocopops1875
15-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Maybe towing the jambo line ? But his son is one of them and swears his dad is too :-) guess we will see if the story is true he is bound to give it the "childhood dream" chat

RIP
15-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Billy Brown in as No 2 for this weekend
Calderwood out by end September
Michael O'Neill takes over in early October

Albion Hibs
15-09-2011, 11:44 AM
A lot of people seem to be keen on Brown being appointed, many of whom are the same as the one that have a go at CC for the record which spans over two seasons and a certain amont of games. Yet brown was part of the management team that was sacked for a similar run of results and form.

3pm
15-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Are Hibs pinning their hopes on a new Assistant Manager?

Bad news IF that is the case. At the end of the day Colin Calderwood will still make the decisions - it won't matter who the No 2 is.

PatHead
15-09-2011, 11:46 AM
So that's assistant Manager sorted, why not bring in Duff Jimmy as First Team Coach as well? That would teach us pesky supporters to complain.

Steve20
15-09-2011, 11:46 AM
I suspect his son would know ;-) just about had a s**t fit at the suggestion his old man was green

And the people I spoke to, wouldn't lie. Whether he still is or not, but he was defo a Hibs fan growing up.

Gatecrasher
15-09-2011, 11:48 AM
A lot of people seem to be keen on Brown being appointed, many of whom are the same as the one that have a go at CC for the record which spans over two seasons and a certain amont of games. Yet brown was part of the management team that was sacked for a similar run of results and form.

I think a lot of people are of the thinking that BB knows Scottish Football as well as anyone and while most fans think we have decent players CC isn't adapting them and his play style to the way that we need to accomplish anything in this league. I think people are of the view that BB can help make adjustments to help CC and the players and help us make an impact on the league

smurf
15-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Pat Stanton told me Billy Brown was a Hibs man. I'm sure his brother is a season ticket holder?

cocopops1875
15-09-2011, 11:53 AM
And the people I spoke to, wouldn't lie. Whether he still is or not, but he was defo a Hibs fan growing up.

To be fair I was always led to believe he was a Hibs fan, that's why I was put straight :-)

Albion Hibs
15-09-2011, 11:53 AM
I think a lot of people are of the thinking that BB knows Scottish Football as well as anyone and while most fans think we have decent players CC isn't adapting them and his play style to the way that we need to accomplish anything in this league. I think people are of the view that BB can help make adjustments to help CC and the players and help us make an impact on the league

Most people think we have good enought players, not according to plenty of comments on here they dont. I am sure Calderwood knows plenty about this league, it is very small and most teams have only a starting 11 + a few additions, not like down south were there are 20 + teams in leagues with far bigger squards.

Part of me thinks this is the usual .net fasination with getting something new.

Largshibby
15-09-2011, 12:18 PM
If BB comes in as a number 2 (no objection to this) and performances and results improve, surely that means he should be number 1 and its goodbye to CC anyway.

MrSmith
15-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Most people think we have good enought players, not according to plenty of comments on here they dont. I am sure Calderwood knows plenty about this league, it is very small and most teams have only a starting 11 + a few additions, not like down south were there are 20 + teams in leagues with far bigger squards.

I don't know why we are under performing right now but there is enough talent in the squad however, from the outside and if the story is to be believed?? Then it would appear there is a move afoot!

I actually feel sorry for CC because it looks like he's out there on his own!

Kaiser_Sauzee
15-09-2011, 12:25 PM
On BBC website

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14928816.stm

Andy74
15-09-2011, 12:25 PM

Count me in for being fascinated with new stuff.

Entertainment, goals, even chances, 3 points, all that sort of new stuff would be most welcome.

Albion Hibs
15-09-2011, 12:27 PM
I don't know why we are under performing right now but there is enough talent in the squad however, from the outside and if the story is to be believed?? Then it would appear there is a move afoot!

I actually feel sorry for CC because it looks like he's out there on his own!

I think you are right on all counts. I do believe the players we have are good enough, in addition I do think it is a bit strange the CC does not have an assistant, I did always assume it was probably a cost cutting measure. Ultimately he needs to chose his own assistant if he is to have one. The whole taking a manager from Ross County only for him to go back a few months later was a bit of a farce. I hope this is something being led by CC and concluded by the board.

Gmack7
15-09-2011, 12:32 PM
according to brown he is taking the job.source?hes a mate of my fatherinlaw

Stevie Reid
15-09-2011, 12:40 PM
As I've stated before I am happy about this, but it is an admission by CC and the board that they have got things badly wrong.

It's a bit rich for the club to ask supporters not to underestimate the job that the manager has taken on when they so blatantly have themselves.

Love the Green
15-09-2011, 12:45 PM
A good solid experienced number 2 to CC maybe what we are needing to get the squad performing, would have no real issues should it be Brown as he has been there and seen it in the SPL :agree:

:top marks

keep the faith

Hibernia Na Eir
15-09-2011, 12:55 PM
he is definitely coming to Hibs.

Northernhibee
15-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Well, if he can get a winning culture and morale up in a team run by Mad Vlad, then he should be able to do a job for us. It's what we need.

Plus, it'll be a GIRFUY to the Yams :greengrin:flag:

Renfrew_Hibby
15-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Couldn't care less if BB is a Hibby or a Jambo. Maybe cos i'm an 'outsider' but what matters to me is if our employees are dedicated, give their all for the cause and are totally professional in what they do.
I'm sure Billy would give us all of that as he and JJ have done, not just at Hearts but Falkirk and Killie as well.

There's been a few 'die hard' Hibbies at our club over the years who the fans have fawned over but didn't display these qualities.

Bayern Bru
15-09-2011, 01:17 PM
He's had talks with Calderwood, who is keen to have him as his #2. He'll be announced in the very near future.

Good move IMO.

nortonhibby
15-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Is this apointment of BB RPs choice ? his last choice DA Did not work why is CC Not choosing his own assistant ?

At least it is something another voice to help get things back on track the EEN Article says BB Still has oustanding issies with the yams though propbably still due money.

Bayern Bru
15-09-2011, 01:22 PM
As I've stated before I am happy about this, but it is an admission by CC and the board that they have got things badly wrong.

It's a bit rich for the club to ask supporters not to underestimate the job that the manager has taken on when they so blatantly have themselves.

Or Stevenson might not feel comfortable with his role.
Or Calderwood might not fancy Stevenson as his assistant.
Or Calderwood might have decided he'd rather have someone with more football experience.
Or Calderwood might need someone to motivate the players and Brown is that person.

The possibilities are endless. I wouldn't say it necessarily means it's an admission that the board/CC have got it wrong.

Bayern Bru
15-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Is this apointment of BB RPs choice ? his last choice DA Did not work why is CC Not choosing his own assistant ?

At least it is something another voice to help get things back on track the EEN Article says BB Still has oustanding issies with the yams though propbably still due money.

CC has held talks with Brown himself. No mention of any Petrie involvement.

Gus Fring
15-09-2011, 01:23 PM
By the sounds of it its CC thats been talking to BB about coming, not Petrie.

I'm all for him being brought in, his pedigree is good and it seems he wants to Join us and CC wants him so the fact he was employed by the Yams shouldn't be too much of a consideration IMO

Stevie Reid
15-09-2011, 01:32 PM

Or Stevenson might not feel comfortable with his role.
Or Calderwood might not fancy Stevenson as his assistant.
Or Calderwood might have decided he'd rather have someone with more football experience.
Or Calderwood might need someone to motivate the players and Brown is that person.

The possibilities are endless. I wouldn't say it necessarily means it's an admission that the board/CC have got it wrong.

All of the things you have listed (and any other reason) also would mean that the board and CC got it wrong.

nortonhibby
15-09-2011, 01:32 PM
By the sounds of it its CC thats been talking to BB about coming, not Petrie.

I'm all for him being brought in, his pedigree is good and it seems he wants to Join us and CC wants him so the fact he was employed by the Yams shouldn't be too much of a consideration IMO

Lets hope it works out And CC And BB Become a dream meam.:flag:

DH1875
15-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Why not appoint a number 2 now?

Because when we sack CC in a couple of weeks we will have to sack who ever is the No2.

We should just go the full hog, get it over with and bring in Jeffries and Brown :devil::tee hee:

Andy74
15-09-2011, 01:35 PM
All of the things you have listed (and any other reason) also would mean that the board and CC got it wrong.

Was it not made clear at the time that Stevenson was not being made assistant, he was just being promoted to coaching the first team?

I don't think I've seen it anywhere that either CC or the Board decided not to appoint an assistant at any stage.

Bayern Bru
15-09-2011, 01:36 PM
All of the things you have listed also would mean that the board and CC got it wrong.

I'd debate that. Mistakes aren't the same as getting it wrong. Trying something that doesn't work isn't the same as getting something wrong.

You say 'CC and the board.' I think, to be perfectly honest, this is more about Calderwood taking more control rather than him and the board jointly admitting "getting anything wrong."

Which I'm all for, if I'm honest. Leaving out opinions of the Hibs board, it's about time CC started showing that he is manager of Hibs and not a Petrie puppet.

Stevie Reid
15-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Was it not made clear at the time that Stevenson was not being made assistant, he was just being promoted to coaching the first team?

I don't think I've seen it anywhere that either CC or the Board decided not to appoint an assistant at any stage.

It was never stated that AS would be Calderwood's assitant, but he did state at some point recently that he would not be needing/appointing an assistant because of AS and GE.

Stevie Reid
15-09-2011, 01:42 PM
I'd debate that. Mistakes aren't the same as getting it wrong. Trying something that doesn't work isn't the same as getting something wrong.

You say 'CC and the board.' I think, to be perfectly honest, this is more about Calderwood taking more control rather than him and the board jointly admitting "getting anything wrong."

Which I'm all for, if I'm honest. Leaving out opinions of the Hibs board, it's about time CC started showing that he is manager of Hibs and not a Petrie puppet.

I disagree with everything except the part about being happy BB is on board.

hibsbollah
15-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Looks like we're poised to have a number two under a number one who is really best suited to being a number two.

keep the faith
15-09-2011, 01:47 PM
A bit similar to shipping in billy mcneil when duff Jim was struggling. Hope there is a better outcome this time!

Bayern Bru
15-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Looks like we're poised to have a number two under a number one who is really best suited to being a number two.

Sounds like you're talking sh*t... :cool2:

vanNISHtelroy
15-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Because when we sack CC in a couple of weeks we will have to sack who ever is the No2.

We should just go the full hog, get it over with and bring in Jeffries and Brown :devil::tee hee:

You forgot Locke! :wink:

BEEJ
15-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Count me in for being fascinated with new stuff.

Entertainment, goals, even chances, 3 points, all that sort of new stuff would be most welcome.
:tee hee:

MWHIBBIES
15-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Why didn't we get an assistant who Calderwood knew and had worked with in the first place? Even now we are appointing someone who he probably doesn't know well at all and I assume he hasn't worked with before. Seems a bit strange IMO.

hibsbollah
15-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Sounds like you're talking sh*t... :cool2: :greengrin

southern hibby
15-09-2011, 02:47 PM
I personally think this is a very shrewed move by CC.He has now got a number 2 (If he signs) who has given a good number of years as assistant manager to be kicked out, by a team he is supposed to support. He will be hurting and still (Hopefully) have the determination to prove a point. Maybe this will just fuel the fire that will kickstart our season.Also this might give CC the breathing space he desperately needs at this point in his Hibs (so called management) Career, because we can all see the man is seriously floundering

JimBHibees
15-09-2011, 03:19 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110915/boss-on-assistant-rumours_2262950_2452095

Reading these comments seems to me this is definitely going to happen.

nortonhibby
15-09-2011, 03:34 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110915/boss-on-assistant-rumours_2262950_2452095

Reading these comments seems to me this is definitely going to happen.

what sort of wage would BB Want and we need RP to sanction the wages so we aint got him yet. Still at least he would get his wages on time unlike when at the PBS:wink:

Hermit Crab
15-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Id defo take him at ER. Good experience to guide CC along.

hibiedude
15-09-2011, 03:44 PM

Calderwood dosen't need anyone to assist him to get us to the 1st division he's doing a really good job on his own. :greengrin

JimBHibees
15-09-2011, 03:57 PM
what sort of wage would BB Want and we need RP to sanction the wages so we aint got him yet. Still at least he would get his wages on time unlike when at the PBS:wink:

Sounds like the sort of comment put out when it is already signed and sealed, indicating he has known him for a while and they get on well. I think he would do a decent job and CC does need an assistant IMO.

coco22
15-09-2011, 04:00 PM
remember him wrestling with one of our boys (brebner?) over the ball on the touchline and getting a whole stadium full of abuse. no grudge held, would be pleased with appointment and good solid knowledge and experienced presence in the dressing room.

Stevie Reid
15-09-2011, 04:05 PM
remember him wrestling with one of our boys (brebner?) over the ball on the touchline and getting a whole stadium full of abuse. no grudge held, would be pleased with appointment and good solid knowledge and experienced presence in the dressing room.

I think it was Jackie McNamara when Hearts beat us 1-0 at ER in the relegation season. JM held on to the ball to deny Hearts taking a quick throw, and BB steamed into the dugout.

JimBHibees
15-09-2011, 04:09 PM
I think it was Jackie McNamara when Hearts beat us 1-0 at ER in the relegation season. JM held on to the ball to deny Hearts taking a quick throw, and BB steamed into the dugout.

Thought at the time Jackie should have smacked him.

scott7_0(Prague)
15-09-2011, 04:12 PM

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_19970831/ai_n14468414/

crash
15-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Calderwoods days at ER are numbered, lets wait until the new manager comes in with his preferred assistant.

hibbill2002
15-09-2011, 04:15 PM
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_19970831/ai_n14468414/

Police had to separate warring assistant bosses Billy Brown and Jackie McNamara as a raw derby clash threatened to get out of hand.
Hibs man Brown rushed to retrieve a loose ball with his side 1-0 down and just 11 minutes remaining.

But McNamara held onto it and within seconds the two were involved in an unseemly scramble until separated by police.
Referee Hugh Dallas spoke to both men and booked Brown, whose miserable day was completed when Hibs failed to find an equaliser.

Golden Bear
15-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Calderwoods days at ER are numbered, lets wait until the new manager comes in with his preferred assistant.

Wishful thinking or otherwise?

coco22
15-09-2011, 04:17 PM

thats right, brebner and JM are so alike too...:greengrin

Kojock
15-09-2011, 04:19 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110915/brown-joins-hibernian_2262950_2452173

Its official

Dalianwanda
15-09-2011, 04:19 PM

:wink: His son just follows who ever his dad is with at the time

col02
15-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Everything is in place at Hibs for us to kick on and given we are bottom of the league it cannot be too hard to improve on our lot! Quite happy with Brown as assistant as like mentioned he has a wealth of experience.

Golden Bear
15-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Everything is in place at Hibs for us to kick on and given we are bottom of the league it cannot be too hard to improve on our lot! Quite happy with Brown as assistant as like mentioned he has a wealth of experience.

Onwards and upwards.

hibiedude
15-09-2011, 04:27 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110915/brown-joins-hibernian_2262950_2452173

Its official

I welcome Billy on Board but Calderwoods days are numbered because if Hibs fortunes change for the better Billy gets the credit.

--------
15-09-2011, 04:27 PM

Onwards and upwards.

Can't wait. :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
15-09-2011, 04:28 PM
SSN just confirms BB is new Hibs No2 to CC :thumbsup:

God Petrie
15-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Another mercenary managing the footballing side of the club.

I guess he's the perfect match for our current hoofball style of football.

Andy74
15-09-2011, 04:30 PM
If we lose the next couple of games this could be a shorter appointment than Adams. I presume he must be on some sort of week to week contract. There's no way the Hibs Board would commit to a long contract on this one knowing there's almost no way back for CC if things don't improve sharpish.

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2011, 04:32 PM
I dont know what to make of this, especially when i dont think we have many decent players? Are we saying now that Brown will set the team up better, and get more out them?

How many assistants does this man need?

I understand the need these days to get a good number 2 in, and hope this appointment turns our season round.

Although as i said earlier, we have a team of poor players, nae a squad of poor players, a lot assembled by clueless, brown will need to be a miracle worker imo.

CropleyWasGod
15-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Another mercenary managing the footballing side of the club.

I guess he's the perfect match for our current hoofball style of football.

By mercenary, do you mean someone who is a professional coach, and works where he can in order to pay his bills?

What would you prefer... someone who does it for nothing?

Golden Bear
If we lose the next couple of games this could be a shorter appointment than Adams. I presume he must be on some sort of week to week contract. There's no way the Hibs Board would commit to a long contract on this one knowing there's almost no way back for CC if things don't improve sharpish.

Or perhaps it's a prelude to something else.?

:hmmm:

Gatecrasher

Its official
i hope it works out :agree:

hibee92
15-09-2011, 04:38 PM
OHHHHH BILLY BILLY, HE USED TO BE A JAMBO BUT HE'S ALRIGHT NOW! :flag:

welcome Billy.

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2011, 04:39 PM
i hope it works out :agree:

:agree: :pray:

God Petrie
15-09-2011, 04:40 PM
By mercenary, do you mean someone who is a professional coach, and works where he can in order to pay his bills?

What would you prefer... someone who does it for nothing?

I'd prefer someone with enough integrity not to immediately go to his previous employer's nearest rivals as soon as a job becomes available simply because he can get some cash out of it.

There is nothing at stake for him. If he fails, CC takes the blame. If CC fails, he gets a job in England as an assistant manager. No wonder we are absolutely rank rotten.

JimBHibees
15-09-2011, 04:43 PM
If he can generate amongst the players a bit of much needed passion then no bad thing IMO. Does seem an odd one though given there must be many other people CC could have given the job to.

Wilson
15-09-2011, 04:45 PM
This is positive news.

It sorts out the strange business of Calderwood not having an assistant. Also, it adds much needed coaching experience and knowledge of Scottish football generally.

But for BB's association with Hearts we'd be hailing this appointment as a masterstroke.

Welcome aboard Billy Brown and good luck.

Gatecrasher
15-09-2011, 04:49 PM
i dont know if this has been posted elsewhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKJCA9FJTPo&feature=feedu

Golden Bear
15-09-2011, 04:50 PM
I'd prefer someone with enough integrity not to immediately go to his previous employer's nearest rivals as soon as a job becomes available simply because he can get some cash out of it.

There is nothing at stake for him. If he fails, CC takes the blame. If CC fails, he gets a job in England as an assistant manager. No wonder we are absolutely rank rotten.

Aye we'll hang him first then place him on trial later on. Jethart justice lives on it would seem.

:rolleyes:

Andy74
15-09-2011, 04:50 PM
If he can try and inject the same sort of desire to win derbies that he obviously had at Hearts than that's one step in the right direction.

We have too many nice guys who just swan about most of the time. CC was meant to have addressed that obvious failing. Not yet it seems.

What we seem to get is when we do try and sign someone like that they just lose the plot and get sent off or booked early on and are out the game.

Hearts always seem to be able to channel it the right way.

Franck Stanton
15-09-2011, 04:54 PM
is he not a Hibby?

Yes he is a Hibby, was lured to the dark side but has now taken enough tablets and is better.

HibbyKeith
15-09-2011, 05:00 PM
first thing i'd do for saturday is get Stevenson and evans out the dugout.

its all good and well having people to assist you when a manager is dealing with a squad of 20 to 30 players in day to day training,

but when game day comes it should be manager, asistant and physio in the dugout. too many cooks and all that..

tamig
15-09-2011, 05:07 PM
first thing i'd do for saturday is get Stevenson and evans out the dugout.

its all good and well having people to assist you when a manager is dealing with a squad of 20 to 30 players in day to day training,

but when game day comes it should be manager, asistant and physio in the dugout. too many cooks and all that..

I think you'll find a load of "backroom staff" crowding most dugouts these days. We're not unique in this.

Hopefully BB will be a great appointment for the club.

TheGreenMan
15-09-2011, 05:09 PM
:flag:

:singing: HELLO, HELLO! WE ARE ALL BILLY'S BOYS :singing:

:whistle:

:offski:

HibbyKeith
15-09-2011, 05:11 PM
I think you'll find a load of "backroom staff" crowding most dugouts these days. We're not unique in this.

Hopefully BB will be a great appointment for the club.

Not sure it helps having numerous people shouting instructions to the park, seems to get the hibs players confused.

I'm aware its common, I would like to see it change at ER tho just to see if it would make a difference.

lucky
15-09-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm well chuffed someone with a bit of fight. Maybe we will see the team fight for a change

smurf
15-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Welcome on board.

We now have the favourite to be the next manager as our number 2.

I'm now struggling to see the point of Gareth Evans at the club?

Hermit Crab
15-09-2011, 05:18 PM
I'm well chuffed someone with a bit of fight. Maybe we will see the team fight for a change

I agree Lucky :agree:.

fatbloke
15-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Welcome aboard Billy. Well done Hibs, at last a proper football person and someone with no little knowledge of Scottish football and also someone who i believe will instill a bit of fight in the team. BTW I believe that Billy historically was a Hibs fan but don't quote me on that.:thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
15-09-2011, 05:27 PM
:singing: calderwood :singing: Billy brown :singing: romanov's a flipping clown :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
15-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Billy Brown, what a ****ing signing

fife hfc
15-09-2011, 05:51 PM
This is positive news.

It sorts out the strange business of Calderwood not having an assistant. Also, it adds much needed coaching experience and knowledge of Scottish football generally.

But for BB's association with Hearts we'd be hailing this appointment as a masterstroke.

Welcome aboard Billy Brown and good luck.

Agree 100% I don't care what his previous history is and only thing that matters is that he is capable of getting us out of this mess we find ourselves in at the moment.

Hibs7
15-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Have my doubts that this appointment will make any difference.

The_Famous_HFC
15-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Great appointment and surely something to take the team and lift them forward.

The only question is. How will BB cope as an assistant without his 'mentor' JJ.

wazoo1875
15-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Welcome aboard Billy, now try and instill a bit of fight and passion into some of these chicken hearted players.

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2011, 06:04 PM

yip i agree,:agree: we have a lot of poor players.

How good a number 2 is he, what actual input will he have?

stubru59
15-09-2011, 06:09 PM
CC had to do something, anything, to bring about improvement.

Granted this is not saying much, I actually think this will prove to be one of his better moves.

ecky1875
15-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Never in a million years should billy brown be ant where near a hibs training ground, i for 1 wont be back!! :confused:

Peevemor
15-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Never in a million years should billy brown be ant where near a hibs training ground, i for 1 wont be back!! :confused:

:bye:

Www1875hfc
15-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Hopefully someone will tell BB that he can stay on the training ground for as long as he wants. :wink:

CropleyWasGod
15-09-2011, 06:26 PM

Aww diddums.... you scared we'll take JJ next? :greengrin

frazeHFC
15-09-2011, 06:28 PM

I don't really think that smiley goes with that statement. I think you should have used :brickwall or :grr: tbh.

SanFranHibs
15-09-2011, 06:29 PM

:wink:

My thoughts and prayers are with them.

WhileTheChief..
15-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Probably the best thing CC has done since he got here.

My only concern is that it seems to be a huge vote of confidence in CC from the board which means we could be stuck with him for a while.

CropleyWasGod
I don't really think that smiley goes with that statement. I think you should have used :brickwall or :grr: tbh.

No, I think he's quite right to be confused. It's beyond his comprehension :greengrin

Northernhibee
Absolute stroke of genius - will instill a bit of fight, a bit of backbone, I can't see him taking bad orders from anybody, plus he'll know them inside out next derby day.

I for one can't wait to sing "Billy Brown, he's one of our own" at the Jambo fuds on 2nd Jan.

GIRFUY Fat Jim :na na::flag:

Sodje_18
15-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Good appointment imo. Anyone know the reaction on keekback? Can imagine there being a few laughs there :greengrin

Good riddance then :bye:

CropleyWasGod
15-09-2011, 06:33 PM

Okay, so you are booted out by your employer, who has a history of dodgy management practices. Wouldn't you jump at the chance to join their biggest rivals, in order to put one over on them?

As for "nothing at stake", what about (a) his mortgage and (b) his professional reputation.?

frazeHFC
15-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Good appointment imo. Anyone know the reaction on keekback? Can imagine there being a few laughs there :greengrin

Good riddance then :bye:

Tried to get on but i think my IP address is still banned. :greengrin

poolman
15-09-2011, 06:39 PM

Me too

I'm totally underwhelmed that most people on here are saying that somebody that's been hanging on the coat-tails of FJK all these years is a good appointment

Did he ever have the opportunity to be his own man in the last 20 years

I'm not impressed with this

Monkey Harris
15-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Aww diddums.... you scared we'll take JJ next? :greengrin Calderwood gets the bullet, Brown in temp charge. Then Fat Jim appointed manager. Jambos then witness their two former heroes go mental as we romp to a win in New Year's day

Jim44
15-09-2011, 06:50 PM

To be fair, a few think he might do a decent job, but as expected he's now a Hibby this that and the next thing. The biggest laugh is that quite a few reckon that "FJK will now feel free to take on the DoF job." :rolleyes: I was going to say that if he had any pride or self respect he would tell them to stuff it. But when you look at the circumstances of his second appointment you realize he is a sleazepot and anything is possible.

KeithTheHibby
15-09-2011, 06:51 PM

Well see ya then, tit!

Ray_
15-09-2011, 06:51 PM

A decent team playing good football would be new & I'm all for that!

3pm
15-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Interesting appointment by 'Calderwood'.

Gettin' Auld
15-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Well they started off by shooting it down as just a rumour that won't be happening, then when it did happen, BB has suddenly become a *****e No2 that they never rated anyway.

:lolyam:

Sodje_18
15-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Well they started off by shooting it down as just a rumour that won't be happening, then when it did happen, BB has suddenly become a *****e No2 that they never rated anyway.

:lolyam:
I half expected that to be honest. The word delusional springs to mind :agree:

Alfred E Newman
15-09-2011, 07:48 PM
No wonder the maroon goons poke fun at us. The hysteria at this appointment is way over the top and shows how desperate we have become. I have nothing against Billy Brown and I wish him well and I hope his appointment improves the performance of the team but I fear that it will take a lot more than that to turn around our fortunes.

Hibbyradge
15-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Worst signing we've made this week.

edwards
15-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Who cares a monkeys who he has been with, It's blatantly obvious CC can't do this on his own and feel Brown might make a difference.
What have we got to lose we can't get any lower as we are at the bottom, can our performances improve lets wait and see.

son of haggart
15-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Has a little previous with some Hearts fans (swore at them sometime or something but I can't remember the circumstances). To be honest there's not much interest in it. It's hard to be strongly opinionated about a No.2 appointment as it is always hard to know how influential that person is.

The one thing that surprises me is that I would guess he was on decent money at Tynie so a little surprised if Hibs are splashing the cash on a no.2 when I would have thought another decent midfielder would have been a bit of a priority

Craig_in_Prague
15-09-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm happy with this appointment.
Reckon he'll come in and kick some butts straight away; Well done Hibs/CC, see this as a good move.

CabbageBoy
15-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Absolute stroke of genius - will instill a bit of fight, a bit of backbone, I can't see him taking bad orders from anybody, plus he'll know them inside out next derby day.

I for one can't wait to sing "Billy Brown, he's one of our own" at the Jambo fuds on 2nd Jan.

GIRFUY Fat Jim :na na::flag:

All that great silky football, discipline and fitness displayed by the Yams, Killie, Bradford and Falkirk under his watchful eye, I can barely wait.

Or was none of it down to him?

Albion Hibs
15-09-2011, 07:57 PM
A decent team playing good football would be new & I'm all for that!

I thought you had stopped watching hibs unless the games were on the telly box or a match day thread, so why are you that bothered about what kind of football they play!

I am pleased with the appointment, not because I think BB is the best thing about, but I think we need a proper assistant manager and this guy has plenty of experience in that role. I hope he adds something to the management team and provides CC with the support that pretty much every manager in every league has. Of course many are going to perhaps go slightly easier on CC on here a deflect to giving the standard of the team a hard time "not good enough" etc - how they would know that considering some will not have seen them play at all, and others in only a few games. I will leave it to the manager to identify and decide players tactics etc and I will will just focus on playing my part as a fan.

Well done to CC and the board and the appointment, fingers crossed we can really start to push on from here.

R'Albin
15-09-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm happy with this appointment.
Reckon he'll come in and kick some butts straight away; Well done Hibs/CC, see this as a good move.

Yeah,don't think quality is the issue with our side just now, the main issue is that our players are putting in f all effort and I think they could do with a kick up the backside.

CabbageBoy
15-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Agree 100% I don't care what his previous history is and only thing that matters is that he is capable of getting us out of this mess we find ourselves in at the moment.

On what basis do you reckon that? Why was he emptied from his previous job? His team was unfit, undisciplined and underperforming given the cash spent on it. I know that sounds like Hibs; maybe I'm just forgetting all the beautiful football his teams played in the past.

down-the-slope
15-09-2011, 08:05 PM
interesting that the manager says he had a fair bit of previous contact with Brown over players in Scotland / england when both were looking for info...at least they have a relationship and its beleivable that Colin is behind this...remember the 'haven't met him' stuff about adams.....

stantonhibby
15-09-2011, 08:26 PM
No wonder the maroon goons poke fun at us. The hysteria at this appointment is way over the top and shows how desperate we have become. I have nothing against Billy Brown and I wish him well and I hope his appointment improves the performance of the team but I fear that it will take a lot more than that to turn around our fortunes.

What hysteria ?

BT58
15-09-2011, 08:43 PM
I moved to mussy 25 years ago,,, billy brown was my neighbour for the first 5-7 years
He was a defo hibee !!!!
Bt
Welcome home Billy !!!!!!!

IWasThere2016
15-09-2011, 08:52 PM
I moved to mussy 25 years ago,,, billy brown was my neighbour for the first 5-7 years
He was a defo hibee !!!!
Bt
Welcome home Billy !!!!!!!

DEFO one of us - and he'll be determined and highly motivated to lift us! Welcome BB :thumbsup:

bighairyfaeleith
15-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Some jambos about the night

18/03/07
15-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Question,if J.J. gets another job in the SPL will B.B. jump ship and team up with him again?

NOLA
15-09-2011, 08:59 PM
I think its a positive move made by CC, a no-nonsence type to get stuck into the players during training instead of trying to be liked by them, whether we see much improvement is another thing entirely, too soon to see an immediate response come saturday though.

Elephant Stone
15-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Question,if J.J. gets another job in the SPL will B.B. jump ship and team up with him again?

I'd bet JJ's odds for becoming our next manager will have shortened with this happening.

IberianHibernian
15-09-2011, 09:29 PM
When CC was interviewed I presume he was asked about possible assistants and club will have been aware of chances of appointing his suggestions and cost involved . Nearly a year later we appoint someone who has lost his job after a terrible run of results that almost matched ours . Time will tell if BB has been appointed to replace CC or to be assistant of JJ or other successor of CC . Given his age and contractual situation BB will presumably have been a cheapish option ( important given the disastrous season ticket and walk up ticket sales ) but hardly inspires confidence in those that run our club .

nortonhibby
15-09-2011, 09:38 PM
When CC was interviewed I presume he was asked about possible assistants and club will have been aware of chances of appointing his suggestions and cost involved . Nearly a year later we appoint someone who has lost his job after a terrible run of results that almost matched ours . Time will tell if BB has been appointed to replace CC or to be assistant of JJ or other successor of CC . Given his age and contractual situation BB will presumably have been a cheapish option ( important given the disastrous season ticket and walk up ticket sales ) but hardly inspires confidence in those that run our club .

Agreed the cheap option thats why i think RP Is all over this apointment, as was DA, I Recall Billy McNeil to the Duffster:top marks

PapillonVert
15-09-2011, 09:39 PM

I find myself agreeing with you, Malcolm.

I really hope this goes well but I hae ma doots.

matty_f
15-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Can we stay on topic please without the personal insults. Ta.

sevenil
15-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Wouldn't the cost of appointing a No 2 been better spent on sending the Manager on long holiday, far far away? Look again at where we are in the League.

BEEJ
15-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Welcome on board.

Presumably he'll continue to fulfill the role that he had under the Hughes / Rice managerial pairing when they were in post.

God Petrie
15-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Okay, so you are booted out by your employer, who has a history of dodgy management practices. Wouldn't you jump at the chance to join their biggest rivals, in order to put one over on them?

As for "nothing at stake", what about (a) his mortgage and (b) his professional reputation.?

I really hope you don't genuinely think he is at Hibs because he has some burning desire to one-up Romanov? He would still be happy to be at Hearts had Romanov not decided to boot JJ.

Do you think he is struggling financially in any way, shape or form? He has been an assistant manager for over 20 years earning a substantial wage.

He has nothing to lose in terms of his professional reputation. He comes in and Hibs start performing, he takes credit or it stays as it is and CC takes the blame.

MrSmith
15-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Don't know how I feel about this one but at this point we cannae get any worse!

killie-hibby
15-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Welcome on board.

Gareth Evans has been the problem. Not Collins,Mixu,Hughes or Calderwood. It is astonishing he remains at the club!

erin go bragh
15-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Could be a master stroke :agree: could be a disaster :greengrin time will tell , but welcome aboard bb .

GGTTH

snooky
15-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Brown Bill left the pink tra la la la la
Now he's a Hibby, no' a grunt

Septimus
16-09-2011, 06:17 AM
Reserve judgement on this appointment but there are some positives.

He lives locally and will not be wasting his time swaning off to England to see his family.

He should get to East Mains early and can make sure the posh cars are properly parked.

It does ensure another regular within the dwindling crowds.

Good luck to him.

Septimus
16-09-2011, 06:18 AM
Gareth Evans has been the problem. Not Collins,Mixu,Hughes or Calderwood. It is astonishing he remains at the club!

What evidence do you have for this astonishing insight?

Bristolhibby
16-09-2011, 06:57 AM

Talk to any professional, that's exactly what happens. My mate worked for the council as a planner, better job came around as a consultant with more money. He went.

Another mate has moved from HSBC to Barclays.

People do it all the time. We have to move on, there is no loyalty in football any more. And why should there be? These guys have a 15 year window to earn the bulk of the money they will earn in their lives accept that they will get on and do it.

DarrenSQH
16-09-2011, 07:05 AM
I wonder how much input calderwood had in the appointment.

Not sure what all this talk of BB being a hibee is all about, seem to remember him going radge with JJ on the park at ER anytime they scored against us.

Skanko79
16-09-2011, 07:06 AM
Dont know what Petrie is playing at, This baloon will no doubt end up as our manager when calderwood finally gets his jotters. going from bad to worse.

Dr Jimmy
16-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Talk to any professional, that's exactly what happens. My mate worked for the council as a planner, better job came around as a consultant with more money. He went.Another mate has moved from HSBC to Barclays.People do it all the time. We have to move on, there is no loyalty in football any more. And why should there be? These guys have a 15 year window to earn the bulk of the money they will earn in their lives accept that they will get on and do it. I agree it is the norm in the world if business. Just can't help feeling he will be with us until Jeffries gets a job and at that point he may well head off back to his jambo mate, regardless of the impact on us........also can't forget his antics in the dug out with Locke during several Derbys at ER.Suppose we will have to see if a leopard can actually change its spots....tho he has done that once before if the stories about him being a Hibby are true.

killie-hibby
16-09-2011, 08:01 AM
What evidence do you have for this astonishing insight?

From the mouth of an observant source.

George Clooney
16-09-2011, 08:10 AM
It's the same old managerial merry-go-round. A safe, cheap, uninspiring appointment that will have little effect on the way the team plays.

This is why Scottish football is so very ******. A 60 year old is not going to bring anything fresh to the training ground tactically, and is even getting too old to put the cones out.
I can only assume that he's been brought in to give the management team at least some motivational skill to get us out of the relegation zone. If this is how aspirational the Hibs board is, there are more dark times ahead.

Not impressed.

poolman
16-09-2011, 08:11 AM
From the mouth of an observant source.

Well thats cleared that up then :rolleyes:

Speedway
16-09-2011, 08:17 AM
It's the same old managerial merry-go-round. A safe, cheap, uninspiring appointment that will have little effect on the way the team plays.

This is why Scottish football is so very ******. A 60 year old is not going to bring anything fresh to the training ground tactically, and is even getting too old to put the cones out.
I can only assume that he's been brought in to give the management team at least some motivational skill to get us out of the relegation zone. If this is how aspirational the Hibs board is, there are more dark times ahead.

Not impressed.

Just like Robson brought nothing to Newcastle.

allezsauzee
16-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Why are there so many people on here looking for a non 'cheap option' or an eye catching name? Maybe a bit of stability and hard work coupled with the experience of a man who has been involved in Sottish football for a long time is what is required rather than more chopping and changing.

Gatecrasher
16-09-2011, 08:43 AM

Exactly, age has F-all to do with it, just look at the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson, Roy Hodgson, Bobby Robson and Walter Smith for an SPL Example

George Clooney
16-09-2011, 08:58 AM

Is that the Bobby Robson who won trophys in three or four European countries as well as managed at international level. The one who was considered a brilliant coach by most people in the game? The one who's in halls of fame, and has statues in his honour?

Yeah - Excellent comparison with Billy Brown.

Dr Jimmy
16-09-2011, 09:04 AM
Is that the Bobby Robson who won trophys in three or four European countries as well as managed at international level. The one who was considered a brilliant coach by most people in the game? The one who's in halls of fame, and has statues in his honour?

Yeah - Excellent comparison with Billy Brown.

Whooooosh..........:whistle:

Andy74
16-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Whooooosh..........:whistle:

I think he got it but is suggesting there is no comparison between the two men. However, the issue was about the age, not ability!

--------
16-09-2011, 09:32 AM
A 60 year old is not going to bring anything fresh to the training ground tactically, and is even getting too old to put the cones out.

You, sir, are in SERIOUS trouble.

I'd keep out of dark alleyways and hire a bodyguard if I were you, chum.

It may not be today, or tomorrow, but some day VERY soon.... :dead:

:turnevil:

Your general point though - ageism apart - is a good one. The good ship 'Hibernian' steams on through the night, but the guys on the bridge either aren't paying attention, or don't care.

Or they've insured her way above her value, and now they're looking for an iceberg....

George Clooney
16-09-2011, 09:34 AM
I think he got it but is suggesting there is no comparison between the two men. However, the issue was about the age, not ability!

No it wasn't.

My point was about the appointment of somebody who's been in the game a long time but doesn't seem to have moved with the times. He's been at Falkirk, Hearts, Killie and Hearts with a short spell at Bradford and always with the same manager.
Do you think the Hearts team he just left was any better or played with a better style than the one from the late 90's?
The point was about bringing something fresh to ER. He'll probably just have the same ideas that he had when he was at Falkirk.

George Clooney
16-09-2011, 09:36 AM
You, sir, are in SERIOUS trouble.

I'd keep out of dark alleyways and hire a bodyguard if I were you, chum.

It may not be today, or tomorrow, but some day VERY soon.... :dead:

:turnevil:

Sorry Auld Yin :)

Dashing Bob S
16-09-2011, 10:40 AM
If he spent that long at Hearts he must have a decent war record.

But I'm surprised he passed the medical after having spent so long sitting the Asbo stand.

LancashireHibby
16-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Not bothered who his previous employers are, let's just hope he has a positive effect on the team and we see the difference.

--------
16-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Sorry Auld Yin :)

Just don't let it happen again.

You're dead right though - this appointment really doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

down the slope
16-09-2011, 11:15 AM
As an auld yin myself i don't think age has anything to do with it and if he improves the teams performance he could have a forked tail and horns for all i care. I think this came about due to the fact the board have painted themselves into a corner with their backing of CC and now that reality has sunk in they had no other option than to bring in an assistant to try and shore up the sorry mess. If they had sacked him they would have to go, they are unable to better the squad so this is the last throw of the dice in the last chance saloon.

marinello59
16-09-2011, 11:17 AM
As an auld yin myself i don't think age has anything to do with it and if he improves the teams performance he could have a forked tail and horns for all i care. I think this came about due to the fact the board have painted themselves into a corner with their backing of CC and now that reality has sunk in they had no other option than to bring in an assistant to try and shore up the sorry mess. If they had sacked him they would have to go, they are unable to better the squad so this is the last throw of the dice in the last chance saloon.

Hibs90
16-09-2011, 01:03 PM
The rage over on smellysheetbags.co.uk is hillarious. They are all saying they are not bothered about it - it doesn't effect them blah blah blah then the very next sentence they are fuming and calling BB every name under the sun or wishing some sort of accident on him.

Personal favourite from 'Le Chat'

It shows you how thick the hobos are if they think that this is going to upset us in any way shape or form :huh:

I hope the poisoned wee toley *****s himself in the dugout on Saturday.