PDA

View Full Version : Gimmicks

IanM
14-09-2011, 11:17 AM
WTF are we continuing to ruin our game even more with these gimmicks in our sport??

The split, the managers thoughts during the game and now friday night kick off's?

Dunfermline travel to Aberdeen on a Friday night for a 7.45pm kick off - we can't get decent crowds at the wknd? who's gonna make these matches? in fact who's gonna watch them apart from the 2 teams involved?

Neil Doncaster - you're the GIMMICK son

Cabbage East
14-09-2011, 11:20 AM
I would take a derby on a Friday night :agree:

LancashireHibby
14-09-2011, 11:24 AM
I would take a derby on a Friday night :agree:

L&B definitely wouldn't!

IanM
14-09-2011, 11:32 AM
it's not even going to be on tv.. :faf:

Craig_in_Prague
14-09-2011, 12:28 PM
We have Friday night games here, albeit usually for TV, however they are quite standard, as are Monday games.

With regards to Friday night games, I love them. I suppose it's different coz we can stand and also drink beer!

Calvin
14-09-2011, 12:44 PM
At least four of us will be going to that game that weren't planning to go on the Saturday. Not ideal for Dunfermline fans who get the train but that's probably a very small percentage of the possible attendance.

Doncaster can't win. Attendances are down and he gets slated when he doesn't do anything and slated when he tries something.

just_joe
14-09-2011, 01:44 PM
At least four of us will be going to that game that weren't planning to go on the Saturday. Not ideal for Dunfermline fans who get the train but that's probably a very small percentage of the possible attendance.

Doncaster can't win. Attendances are down and he gets slated when he doesn't do anything and slated when he tries something.

I have to be honest I love a good gimmick!

Cabbage East
14-09-2011, 03:00 PM

Are you a red like?

Calvin
14-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Are you a red like?

No. I work weekends though and if I'm gonna be in Aberdeen anyway I can't think of a better activity than watching a live game of football, especially when it doesn't involve seeing us get beat!