PDA

View Full Version : NHC Lennon's Attacker Sentenced!!

Gettin' Auld
14-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Just heard on the radio that the guy who attacked him at *********** has been sentenced to 8 months in jail.

Hibbyradge
14-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Good stuff. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-14913385)

IanM
14-09-2011, 11:09 AM
does this 8 months take into the account the 4 he's already done?

hope no :na na:

Aldo
14-09-2011, 11:42 AM
does this 8 months take into the account the 4 he's already done? hope no :na na:

Sure does and he will be out in 2 months if he is a gid laddie in the pokie??

lucky
14-09-2011, 11:57 AM
8 months for a breech of the peace is excessive.

Biggie
14-09-2011, 11:58 AM

an example has been set....

cabbageandribs1875
14-09-2011, 12:02 PM
does that include extra for the rather typical yamboid jakey clothes he was wearing ? or has he still to get a sentence for that ?

1875er
14-09-2011, 12:09 PM
does that include extra for the rather typical yamboid jakey clothes he was wearing ? or has he still to get a sentence for that ?

Was just about to post the same thing! He should have got a 10 stretch for his crimes against fashion!!

scott7_0(Prague)
14-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Sure does and he will be out in 2 months if he is a gid laddie in the pokie??

HE will be out straight away, the 8months will be to justify the 4months he has been held and will get his sentence or will be released with a good behavior pat on the back halfway through the 8months, which is (coincidentally) where we are today.

lucky
14-09-2011, 12:20 PM
If everyone up on a breech charge gets 8 months then we betters starting building more jails. Punishment should reflect the crime not the media outcry. The jury found him not guilty of the serious charge as such the judge should respect that.

BigKev
14-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Far too harsh a sentence for a breach of the peace. It would appear the Judge accepted the media furore that followed the original verdict and has acted as executioner as well despite what the jury decided.

Fair enough the boy made himself look an idiot but 8 months for running on the park (as that's effectively what he's been done for)?

Baader
14-09-2011, 12:49 PM
The 'not proven' that preceded was ridiculous. Wouldn't lose any sleep over a Jambo loser like this getting banged up...

Viva_Palmeiras
14-09-2011, 12:50 PM
He'll be glad to get Ot all behind home and
Get back to work - oh eh....
Get supporting the boys at Tynie - oh eh...
Mibbie just dossing around then :)

Is that not what they do in the clink anyway?

Actuall maybe he'll write his live story
Become an artist
Take up an obscure religion

They figure out what games to play on the xbox for the remaining 2 month 27 days

hibbytam
14-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Far too harsh a sentence for a breach of the peace. It would appear the Judge accepted the media furore that followed the original verdict and has acted as executioner as well despite what the jury decided.

Fair enough the boy made himself look an idiot but 8 months for running on the park (as that's effectively what he's been done for)?
I'd imagine they have taken into account the violent nature of his actions. Rather than equating it to an average pitch invader.

steakbake
14-09-2011, 01:18 PM

Context is everything.

He didn't just run on to a pitch. He ran on to confront someone who has endured a sustained hate campaign.

And yes, I am sympathetic to Neil Lennon to an extent. The treatment he's been subjected to is a disgrace.

blueisthecolour
14-09-2011, 01:25 PM
HE will be out straight away, the 8months will be to justify the 4months he has been held and will get his sentence or will be released with a good behavior pat on the back halfway through the 8months, which is (coincidentally) where we are today.

Radio clyde news said he could be released today.

Hibernia Na Eir
14-09-2011, 01:34 PM
magic. heard in some circles he thought he'd walk free after this. Unlucky wife beating racist ned scarf twirling goon!!

LancashireHibby
14-09-2011, 01:57 PM

He has got three previous convictions for breach of the peace though which probably played a part. I'm more disappointed about his five year banning order....jammy sod, he should be made to suffer with the rest of us!

heretoday
14-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Twirling his scarf in solitary.

Keith_M
14-09-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm pleased to see the guy's been convicted of something but the people to blame for the lack of an assualt conviction are the CPS. They seemed determined to proceed with the Religiously Aggravated part, regardless of the evidence. I can't help thinking some political pressure was put on them.

Scouse Hibee
14-09-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm pleased to see the guy's been convicted of something but the people to blame for the lack of an assualt conviction are the CPS. They seemed determined to proceed with the Religiously Aggravated part, regardless of the evidence. I can't help thinking some political pressure was put on them.

The CPS in Scotland??? Surely not unless I'm mistaken.

Edit: I'm not mistaken, the CPS plays no part in Scottish law.

hibbybob
14-09-2011, 03:48 PM
I was under the impression that he was prepared to plead guilty to everything except the religious bit.

Something must have changed for a jury to be involved! I wonder if a guilty plea would have resulted in a lesser sentence?

I really can't see why he could plead anything other than guilty considering he was seen on national TV!

Gettin' Auld
14-09-2011, 03:58 PM

The CPS weren't involved though............That's sassenach law.

mim
14-09-2011, 11:16 PM

The equivalent here is the Procurator Fiscal.

The Lord Advocate has since agreed with the charge decided on by the Procurator Fiscal, as reported here (before this latest sentence). (http://www.copfs.gov.uk/News/Releases/2011/09/Prosecution-Neil-Lennon-case-was-right-says-Lord-Advocate)

CFC
14-09-2011, 11:48 PM
I'm pleased to see the guy's been convicted of something but the people to blame for the lack of an assualt conviction are the CPS. They seemed determined to proceed with the Religiously Aggravated part, regardless of the evidence. I can't help thinking some political pressure was put on them.How would you convince a jury it was religious motivated unless the jambo muppet had actually said something during the assault? I agree with you no danger that charge would been pressed without political pressure. Edit - seems to be alleged that a witness did hear a remark, jury not convinced but judiciary making an example of how they prosecute hate crime. Just pandering

frazeHFC
15-09-2011, 12:12 AM
Heard on Forth 1 that it got back-dated and as he had served 4 months already, he has been released today.

The_Famous_HFC
15-09-2011, 12:48 AM
Glad that is over then. The whole saga has been mishandled from the get go!

From the incident to the 'sectarian' angle on the charge along with him being found innocent, in theory, of the assault charge and now to this ridiculous sentencing. And after all that, he is released without serving a single day of his sentence. Celtic and the judicial system have almost made as much of an arse of this as Mr Wilson did back in May!

scott7_0(Prague)
15-09-2011, 07:39 AM

Told you so....... doesn't take a genius to work out the reasoning behind the 8months sentence. :greengrin

Radio clyde news said he could be released today.

Heard on Forth 1 that it got back-dated and as he had served 4 months already, he has been released today.

Keith_M
15-09-2011, 07:40 AM
The CPS in Scotland??? Surely not unless I'm mistaken.

Edit: I'm not mistaken, the CPS plays no part in Scottish law.

Aye, aye. You people don't let me off with anything.

:na na:

OK then the PF if you want.

Gettin' Auld
15-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Aye, aye. You people don't let me off with anything.

:na na:

OK then the PF if you want.

I sentence you to an 8 month contract at Easter Rd..........Erm, can you play left back or central defence?

:wink:

connerg
15-09-2011, 11:12 AM

:greengrin

StevieC
15-09-2011, 12:51 PM

An 8 month sentence would actually make sense if he was remanded after the incident.

He's already done his time, it sends out a message, there's not likely to be an additional time or tax payers money wasted on an Appeal.

Dashing Bob S
15-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Was just about to post the same thing! He should have got a 10 stretch for his crimes against fashion!!

Think it through though. If you were doing that you'd have to be consistent and Scotland's prisons are crowded enough without increasing the population by 400,000.

CFC
15-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Think it through though. If you were doing that you'd have to be consistent and Scotland's prisons are crowded enough without increasing the population by 400,000.400,000 :greengrin