PDA

View Full Version : Backing Gary O'Connor

MontrealHibs
14-09-2011, 07:21 AM
I am hoping to see the 12th man right behind Gary O'Connor over the coming weeks. He has given 100% for us, and I hope the club and our fans reciprocate over the coming weeks! :not worth :not worth

CRAZYHIBBY
14-09-2011, 07:59 AM
full backing from me .............if ur reading this gaz ill take the rap for the ferrari for 20k.....pm me

burghhibs
14-09-2011, 08:26 AM
:flag::flag:We Love you Gary:flag::flag:

PaulSmith
14-09-2011, 08:45 AM
I am hopingbto see the 12th man right behind Gary O'Onnor over the coming weeks. He has given 100% for us, and I hope the club and our fans reciprocate over the coming weeks! :not worth :not worth

Correct, I suggest we all do the hokey cokey. :)

Tricla
14-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Correct, I suggest we all do the hokey cokey. :)

'You put your left nostril in, your left nostril out.........'

Viva_Palmeiras
14-09-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm keeping an open mind but he has my backing as a Hibs player.
I'll await the full story so reserve judgement til then.

Dan Sarf
14-09-2011, 09:55 AM
More trouble.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/scotland/Hibs-footballer-Garry-O39Connor-charged.6836145.jp

HibbyAndy
14-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Garry O'connor :flag::flag::flag::flag:

Albion Hibs
14-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Like any hibs player he will get my 100% backing. What he did in the years weeks and months before Hibs does not overly concern me. He has come back to hibs and is doing the business for us, that is all I care about.

Fingers crossed O'Connor bags himself a few this weekend to lift the spirits and put this weeks witch hunt to bed.

lucky
14-09-2011, 11:33 AM
He has my support but if found guilty of all these charges then No

silverhibee
14-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Like any hibs player he will get my 100% backing. What he did in the years weeks and months before Hibs does not overly concern me. He has come back to hibs and is doing the business for us, that is all I care about.

Fingers crossed O'Connor bags himself a few this weekend to lift the spirits and put this weeks witch hunt to bed.

Are you having a laugh with that bit, are you saying the police and the FA are wrong, he failed a drug test and had a pretty bad month in the summer and it is coming back to haunt him big time, as someone else mentioned he better get himself a good lawyer.

allezsauzee
14-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Most defintely.....if Fred West had scored a last minute winner against the yams he'd have my backing.

scoopyboy
14-09-2011, 11:47 AM

All of these charges / incidents were prior to joining Hibs, so its not as if he has let Hibs down.

My understanding are there are strict conditions within his contract, but they only applied from the day he signed.

He has my support and I hope all hibs fans get behind him when he plays, bottom line is we need him.

Albion Hibs
14-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Are you having a laugh with that bit, are you saying the police and the FA are wrong, he failed a drug test and had a pretty bad month in the summer and it is coming back to haunt him big time, as someone else mentioned he better get himself a good lawyer.

If you think he is the only player that has failed a drug test then you are deluded. How he becomes a key / significant figure in the whole thing is beyond me. Plus seems a little ideal on the timing front for the insurance company that they come out now, I will assume that they feel on the back of this they have more chance of getting him to drop any claim and getting a verdict in their favour.

I have not suggested anywhere that he is innocent of anything, equally plenty of what is currently going against him is pending. Drug test fine, long enough ago where it does not bother me, summer police charges, I dont believe he has been found guilty (?) and the fraud things sounds like it is pending.

Ultimatley all of this happened before he came back to hibs, for all we know he is clean living and trying to get things back on track. he is doing his job for hibs and that is generally all that matters to me. If anything is later proven /definate I may think differently, but probably not, people make mistakes, I dont believe they sould be hung out to dry for it.

George Clooney
14-09-2011, 12:22 PM
All of these charges / incidents were prior to joining Hibs, so its not as if he has let Hibs down.

My understanding are there are strict conditions within his contract, but they only applied from the day he signed.

He has my support and I hope all hibs fans get behind him when he plays, bottom line is we need him.

Everything was known when Rod signed him.

GOC had unfortunately found himself in a deep hole with his habits and his stupidity. Financially, he has got huge debts to pay, and not to banks! There are some individuals that GOC has made aquaintance with, who would quite like to be paid.
RP, for all his faults, is very pastoral and looks after our own. Anyone who's friendly with Grant Brebner will testify to this. Rod has convinced GOC's debtors that the only way they'll get their money back is to let him work hard at Hibs to get a move and earn a good contract at an English team. All this current publicity will not be helpful for him to achieve this.

EK_Hibs
14-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Garry O gets my full backing...
Particularly because he's the only 'quality' Hibs player in the entire squad!! :not worth

ps: I am fully aware Griffiths is also 'quality' but he's a Wolves player ye see. :aok:

Hibs90
14-09-2011, 12:25 PM

GOC had unfortunately found himself in a deep hole with his habits and his stupidity. Financially, he has got huge debts to pay, and not to banks! There are some individuals that GOC has made aquaintance with, who would quite like to be paid.

How do you know this? Where's the proof? Or is it just more nonsense.

LeithBoozy
14-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Most defintely.....if Fred West had scored a last minute winner against the yams he'd have my backing. Nice one, I nearly spat my tea oot :greengrin

George Clooney
14-09-2011, 12:36 PM
How do you know this? Where's the proof? Or is it just more nonsense.

Yup, you're right. It's just more nonsense. It's untrue, just like the Ferrari fraud and the coke.

Cropley10
14-09-2011, 12:37 PM
If you think he is the only player that has failed a drug test then you are deluded. How he becomes a key / significant figure in the whole thing is beyond me. Plus seems a little ideal on the timing front for the insurance company that they come out now, I will assume that they feel on the back of this they have more chance of getting him to drop any claim and getting a verdict in their favour.

I have not suggested anywhere that he is innocent of anything, equally plenty of what is currently going against him is pending. Drug test fine, long enough ago where it does not bother me, summer police charges, I dont believe he has been found guilty (?) and the fraud things sounds like it is pending.

Ultimatley all of this happened before he came back to hibs, for all we know he is clean living and trying to get things back on track. he is doing his job for hibs and that is generally all that matters to me. If anything is later proven /definate I may think differently, but probably not, people make mistakes, I dont believe they sould be hung out to dry for it.

Amen to all of that. :agree:

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Everyone deserves a second chance in life, he's not exactly covered himself in glory with the car business but I'm sure he certainly deserves our 100% support, can someone do a poll? would be interesting to see the outcome.

Northernhibee
14-09-2011, 12:55 PM
I don't know whether GOC has a problem with cocaine or if it's entirely 100% at free will, but hounding a man with a problem does not help. It didn't help with Gazza or Besty's battles with their respective demons, and it won't help GOC.

We should show solidarity that we are behind him and want to see him successfully battle his demons, even if it means a stint out of the team (although I'm not sure that would help in itself).

He's going through some very tough times, but he's still one of our own.

bighairyfaeleith
14-09-2011, 01:36 PM
He's got my backing as well, I ****ing hate insurance companies and I used tae ****ing luv coke:greengrin

(((Fergus)))
14-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Most defintely.....if Fred West had scored a last minute winner against the yams he'd have my backing.

What if he'd buried his victims under the new east?

LancashireHibby
14-09-2011, 02:45 PM
What if he'd buried his victims under the new east?

We could add them to the attendance figures.

Beefster
14-09-2011, 02:48 PM

SH didn't suggest that O'Connor was the only player to fail a test so I'm not sure how you interpreted it as that.

The insurance company will have called in police because they thought there was fraud being committed - simple as that. Insurance companies don't allege fraud to get out of paying claims.

Either way, seeing as he has actually been charged with fraud, the police were obviously informed a while ago so the timing has nothing to do with the insurance company.

Hainan Hibs
14-09-2011, 02:48 PM
He's got my backing as well, I ****ing hate insurance companies and I used tae ****ing luv coke:greengrin

I had to read the last statement twice as at first glance it gave me quite a shock:greengrin

HFC 0-7
14-09-2011, 03:08 PM

RP, for all his faults, is very pastoral and looks after our own. Anyone who's friendly with Grant Brebner will testify to this. Rod has convinced GOC's debtors that the only way they'll get their money back is to let him work hard at Hibs to get a move and earn a good contract at an English team. All this current publicity will not be helpful for him to achieve this.

If this is true it seems a bit crazy RP taking on another player that has debtors outside the banks, this was apparently Stokes downfall as well and turned out to be a disruptive influence when he started owing money to fellow team mates.

SlickShoes
14-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Don't really care either way, I thought going abroad would broaden his horizons but he's just ended up like the rest of them. Such a waste.

Elephant Stone
14-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Don't really care either way, I thought going abroad would broaden his horizons but he's just ended up like the rest of them. Such a waste.

I don't see it. O'Connor is still a top class player, he has looked probably the sharpest player in our team so far this season and the most committed. If his off the field "problems" caused his lack of action at Birmingham then maybe you could say he wasted that opportunity, but he has far from wasted his ability as a player and could quite easily get himself back into a top team, and I think he will.

silverhibee
14-09-2011, 03:50 PM

Where did i say that, i aint the deluded one here, you said it was a witch hunt against him, nobody forced him to put stuff up his nose, maybe he was the key figure in the programme because he was caught with cocaine in his system and banned by the FA for it, if the insurance company thought there was a fraudulent claim being made then they have every right to inform the police and they do there thing its how it works, its a £100k+ plus car not a skoda, i suppose thats a witch hunt from the insurance company and the police as well, i would say they are only doing there job properly.

hibbymark
14-09-2011, 04:13 PM
As a Hibs player he has my backing like anyone else who puts on the jersey. As a man he is cleary a knob of the highest order.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Just while we are on this subject, anyone got a list of all the possible crimes that we are prepared to overlook for anyone that is currently a Hibs player?

If that Ferrari spider had ploughed into your more modest motor, that you proportionally have to dig deeper to keep on the road, the script is that you are initially annoyed but when the Polis tell you was responsible, you are suddenly kinda chuffed and don't matter that it will put your already difficult to find insurance premium up even thoiugh it was not your fault????

Nah...me neither.

Captain Trips
14-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Just out of interest is there anyone whom backs GO but when the Stokes stuff was happening wanted rid?

I want good players doing the job and I back/backed both.

RIP
14-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Never mind - at least we have Junior Agogo - he's a saint by comparison

Bring back Derek........Bamba........Stokes........hold on?

3pm
14-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Very few football clubs actually have any morals. Why should we be any different? It's about winning and he is one of the few that'll help us to do this. If Michael Hart done this I couldn't give two hoots if he was fired or not, he won't help us win games.

If Gaz scores on Saturday, I hope he snorts the bye line, crashes his car into the corner flag, runs away and comes back with a pie with 2 fingers up at everyone. I hope he doesn't do this but I wouldn't bin him, nobody else would.

bighairyfaeleith
14-09-2011, 06:42 PM
I had to read the last statement twice as at first glance it gave me quite a shock:greengrin

:faf: genuinely never seen that when typing it

NYHibby
14-09-2011, 06:59 PM
If Gaz scores on Saturday, I hope he snorts the bye line, crashes his car into the corner flag, runs away and comes back with a pie with 2 fingers up at everyone.

Personally, if this where to happen, even if just as half time entertainment, it would be significantly more likely that I would go to games.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Some amazing double standards on show, He is a Hibby he can do what he wants, maybe thats all The Yams were saying about Thomson a couple of months ago. Whilst his was a much more serious offence it would appear some on here have surrendered the moral high ground.

R'Albin
14-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Very few football clubs actually have any morals. Why should we be any different? It's about winning and he is one of the few that'll help us to do this. If Michael Hart done this I couldn't give two hoots if he was fired or not, he won't help us win games.

:top marks

If Gaz scores on Saturday, I hope he snorts the bye line, crashes his car into the corner flag, runs away and comes back with a pie with 2 fingers up at everyone. I hope he doesn't do this but I wouldn't bin him, nobody else would.

:greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
14-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Just while we are on this subject, anyone got a list of all the possible crimes that we are prepared to overlook for anyone that is currently a Hibs player? If that Ferrari spider had ploughed into your more modest motor, that you proportionally have to dig deeper to keep on the road, the script is that you are initially annoyed but when the Polis tell you was responsible, you are suddenly kinda chuffed and don't matter that it will put your already difficult to find insurance premium up even thoiugh it was not your fault????Nah...me neither. spyder, not spider.

Ferryhibby
14-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Dont think theres many double standards goin on, just think the guy maybe goin thru a bit of a bad time at the moment along with the whole team, they all deserve our support and are goin to need it over the next few months...as they say todays news tomorrows chip paper

HFC 0-7
14-09-2011, 07:14 PM
spyder, not spider.

Spider, not spyder think you will find.

Bad Martini
14-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Quality.

We are totally ****ED this season...we've got a manager who doesn't really want to be here and who a lot of us don't want here, a chairman who many perceive to be tighter than a crabs arse and involved in every incoming and outgoing, a team that is frankly sheite this season and rooted to the bottom of the ****ing table yet the top matter is what a player done before he come to Hibs! Arguably, a player who amongst a crop of **** has played reasonably well, could be great for us again and has been in the past.

Baws.

Goals goals goals.....thats what we need. A new manager, thats what we need. A decent team, morale, tactics, a plan B and some ****ing entertainment. THAT is what we need.

What we DONT need, is a load of pish that will surely distract one of our best prospects of doing well this season.

ENDOF

Tricla
14-09-2011, 07:20 PM

:agree:

iwasthere1972
14-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Garry O'connor :flag::flag::flag::flag:

:agree: Real fitba fans know how to spell Garry.

:singing: You're not snorting anymore :singing:

HibsMax
14-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Yup, you're right. It's just more nonsense. It's untrue, just like the Ferrari fraud and the coke.

He didn't say it was more nonsense, he asked where you got the information from (which is the same question as I was going to ask as I was going through this thread).

The Falcon
14-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Let he who is without sin and all that.

His major crime appears to be that he is/was a bit of an arse. His "crimes" are hardly earth shattering but where do folk want to draw the line (no pun intended) on what is acceptable? If they dont get caught does that make it acceptable?

We are hardly in a position where we can pick and choose who comes here and this maybe clarifies why GOC's on a one year deal.

Alfred E Newman
14-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Dont think theres many double standards goin on, just think the guy maybe goin thru a bit of a bad time at the moment along with the whole team, they all deserve our support and are goin to need it over the next few months...as they say todays news tomorrows chip paper

I`m fed up reading all this " the players deserve our support" garbage. If anyone is being short changed just now is the long suffering support who, on top of a shocking run of results lasting well over a year, are now having to watch a combination of second rate professionals and hasbeens wearing the green jerseys lead by a manager who doesn`t seem to have a clue what he is doing . The club is desperately needing good publicity at the moment as crowds drop at an alarming rate and if guys like O`Connor make an arse of themselves and drag the good name of this great club through the gutter they certainly won`t get my support.

Albion Hibs
14-09-2011, 08:05 PM
SH didn't suggest that O'Connor was the only player to fail a test so I'm not sure how you interpreted it as that.

The insurance company will have called in police because they thought there was fraud being committed - simple as that. Insurance companies don't allege fraud to get out of paying claims.

Either way, seeing as he has actually been charged with fraud, the police were obviously informed a while ago so the timing has nothing to do with the insurance company.

You are not reading the posts....again.

I stated that it was a witch hunt, the other guy disagreed, my comment in relation to him being the only one related the extent that the programme focused on him, alas I described it as a witch hunt. Please read properly it is a waste of my time replying otherwise.

I am not knowledgeable on the court system, but dont you get charged and then a court appearance to be found guilty or not guilty as charged?? Therefore he could be charged with something but no found guilty, so being charged is not a reflection of guilt.

I dont here of insurance companies often allowing information to get out about Mr A N Others insurance claim, which states that there are inaccuracies. Seems like a very big coincidence and, in my view them trying to captialise on the other negative media attention, perhaps in a bid to sway any jurys pre-conception of him.

Biggie
14-09-2011, 08:17 PM
I`m fed up reading all this " the players deserve our support" garbage. If anyone is being short changed just now is the long suffering support who, on top of a shocking run of results lasting well over a year, are now having to watch a combination of second rate professionals and hasbeens wearing the green jerseys lead by a manager who doesn`t seem to have a clue what he is doing . The club is desperately needing good publicity at the moment as crowds drop at an alarming rate and if guys like O`Connor make an arse of themselves and drag the good name of this great club through the gutter they certainly won`t get my support.

amen to that....there's a few on here who would sell their souls for 3 ****ty points in this league...wtf are hibs thinking about taking him on again for ?....if they knew about this before signing him, heaven help us.
Bringing the good name of our club down...JHC who do these guys think they are ?......they want professional salaries, but haven't a clue how to live like one...we got tore into Black, but happy for our own to do much the same ?!....sorry my take is get him tae F...(if guilty)

erin go bragh
14-09-2011, 08:31 PM

:agree:

GGTTH

Ferryhibby
14-09-2011, 09:22 PM

so you dont support the players that play for our club then, we have been long suffering supporters for donkeys years, we havent had a decent team since the tornadoes, yes the odd season but nothing that lasted for a number of seasons, it doesnt matter which manager or player comes into this club not everyone will like them, our 'supporters' have had umpteen managers and piles of players over the past few years, some good some not so good all im saying is that this is what we're left with and instead of booing them every game just for a change show them a bit of support.

Beefster
15-09-2011, 09:05 AM
I am not knowledgeable on the court system, but dont you get charged and then a court appearance to be found guilty or not guilty as charged?? Therefore he could be charged with something but no found guilty, so being charged is not a reflection of guilt.

I dont here of insurance companies often allowing information to get out about Mr A N Others insurance claim, which states that there are inaccuracies. Seems like a very big coincidence and, in my view them trying to captialise on the other negative media attention, perhaps in a bid to sway any jurys pre-conception of him.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I didn't say or imply that O'Connor was guilty. I said that an insurance company calling in the police because they suspect fraud is not simply a ruse to get out of paying claim.

I don't think that the insurance company did release any information about his claim into the public domain. This is in the news because the case was in court.

DH1875
15-09-2011, 01:00 PM

What about Jimmy Scott, where do you stand on him? The club set a president in the summer and if it's OK to fracture your team mates jaw then they can hardly sack a guy for doing a bit of charlie before he even joined the club.

JimBHibees
15-09-2011, 03:32 PM
What about Jimmy Scott, where do you stand on him? The club set a president in the summer and if it's OK to fracture your team mates jaw then they can hardly sack a guy for doing a bit of charlie before he even joined the club.

Dont think there is any comparison. Scott was involved in a training ground alercation and smacked a team mate injuring him. He was punished but the club for it. GOC's case is in a different stratosphere in terms of illegality and police involvement.

Dashing Bob S
15-09-2011, 03:54 PM

I think the debate on our twisted morals as a club is there for all to see.

Gary O'Connor snorts a few lines of charlie and he's subject to a witch hunt.

Fred West kills a number of people and he has a stand named after him.

No wonder we're in the mess we currently are.

weecounty hibby
15-09-2011, 03:57 PM
amen to that....there's a few on here who would sell their souls for 3 ****ty points in this league...wtf are hibs thinking about taking him on again for ?....if they knew about this before signing him, heaven help us.
Bringing the good name of our club down...JHC who do these guys think they are ?......they want professional salaries, but haven't a clue how to live like one...we got tore into Black, but happy for our own to do much the same ?!....sorry my take is get him tae F...(if guilty)

Spot on. My heart says support him as a Hibs player, my head says he should be let go. If I had done these things and been in the press and my companies name had been mentioned I would be sacked, no ifs, no buts. Sacked for damaging the companies reputation. That is what GOC has done.

Hibs reputation right now is very low. The last few years really hasn't been kind to us, from the player revolt, to Deeks nightclub goings on, rumours of a drinking culture, to our standard of football, fights on the training pitch, CC debacle in the summer, to being bottom of the league and now GOC.

Good point about being professionals as well, they will claim it is a short career so they need big bucks, well GOC and any others who are taking grugs or constantly drinking are only going to make their careers shorter. The least professional professionals ever!

greenlex
15-09-2011, 03:57 PM

Thats more like it Bob. Your posts of late have been poor by comparison. :top marks

JimBHibees
15-09-2011, 03:58 PM

Superb. :thumbsup: