PDA

View Full Version : he sacked me for less

DH1875
13-09-2011, 08:36 PM
OK couldn't post this last night as couldn't get on so here goes.

Was listening to radio clyde (i know) last night and in short they were talking about the Aberdeen game and CC's future when Jim Duffy came out with the line "he sacked me for less". I nearly choked on my dinner :shocked: . Thought's

half.time.draw.
13-09-2011, 08:39 PM
He was sacked for similar results, he is right in a way, cc should.be sacked.

DC_Hibs
13-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Jim Duffy ultimately got us relegated.

Despite the panic merchants thinking otherwise there is no danger we will get relegated under Calderwood although that is more to do with the budget he enjoys compared to other clubs and having been allowed to sign 14 players. We have enough quality in the squad believe it or not even with a manager unable to inspire them or with enought tactical awareness to get the best out of them.i

I'd still sack him after we have played 11 games (a good indication of how we compare to the rest) and if as expected we are out of the top 6.
There's no excuse as the league is again p!$$ poor.

Barney McGrew
13-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Duffy signed Lee Power and Paul Tosh as our strike force, and for that reason alone deserved his jotters.

bingo70
13-09-2011, 08:44 PM

Was listening to radio clyde (i know) last night and in short they were talking about the Aberdeen game and CC's future when Jim Duffy came out with the line "he sacked me for less". I nearly choked on my dinner :shocked: . Thought's

Who does he mean by 'he'? Was Petrie in charge when Duffy was punted? didn't think he was.

The big difference is there were about 10 games left when duffy was punted where as this season has only just begun.

Completely different situations

Skanko79
13-09-2011, 08:44 PM
not to mention the money the club wasted flying the tosspot into easter road in the kwik fit flyer. never mind tosh and power, he deserved his jotters for that!

nortonhibby
13-09-2011, 08:51 PM
not to mention the money the club wasted flying the tosspot into easter road in the kwik fit flyer. never mind tosh and power, he deserved his jotters for that!

It was impresive at the time:flag:

Spike Mandela
13-09-2011, 08:58 PM

Despite the panic merchants thinking otherwise there is no danger we will get relegated under Calderwood although that is more to do with the budget he enjoys compared to other clubs and having been allowed to sign 14 players. We have enough quality in the squad believe it or not even with a manager unable to inspire them or with enought tactical awareness to get the best out of them.i

I'd still sack him after we have played 11 games (a good indication of how we compare to the rest) and if as expected we are out of the top 6.

There is no room for misplaced arrogance. We are neither too big nor too well funded that we can't get relegated.

DH1875
13-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Who does he mean by 'he'? Was Petrie in charge when Duffy was punted? didn't think he was.

That was the first thing I thought when he said it but he (Duffy) was def referring to Rod.

Sir David Gray
13-09-2011, 09:15 PM

Really? What makes you so sure about that?

Is it the huge number of goals that we've managed to score in the last 11 months since he was appointed that's convinced you? Or is it the fantastic home form that we've enjoyed since he came in? Maybe it's the exciting brand of football that he's managed to bring to Easter Road that's giving you that hope and confidence? :confused:

We were extremely close to relegation last year, where only an excellent winning run in February saved us, so considering that we've had such a poor start to this season and we currently find ourselves bottom of the league, I really fail to see how anyone can be so sure that we won't be relegated under Colin Calderwood.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Duff Jimmy filled the team with sub standard guff that any manager would have struggled to keep in the league. CC has bought decent players. His problem is that they don't seem to take what they learn through the week onto the pitch. He needs time so that it either clicks or it becomes apparent that what they are learning is what is at fault. If you divide things into thirds between players, training and manger and jury is still out on the last two.

Jonnyboy
13-09-2011, 09:41 PM

So we have to be panic merchants if we say we are worried we might get relegated? With respect your words border on arrogance

CraigHibee
13-09-2011, 09:42 PM

The big difference is there were about 10 games left when duffy was punted where as this season has only just begun.

sure it was lex gold?

BroxburnHibee
13-09-2011, 09:42 PM

Rod was definitely there at the time - not sure what position he was in though :confused:

Duffy's run was/is just as bad as CC's.

Jonnyboy
13-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Rod was appointed MD shortly after the Duffmeister signed those thrilling strikers Power and Tosh so he would have had a big say in Duffy's sacking

nortonhibby
13-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Duff Jimmy filled the team with sub standard guff that any manager would have struggled to keep in the league. CC has bought decent players. His problem is that they don't seem to take what they learn through the week onto the pitch. He needs time so that it either clicks or it becomes apparent that what they are learning is what is at fault. If you divide things into thirds between players, training and manger and jury is still out on the last two.

It be good to hear how much more time CC Needs in your opinion, we can lok back in say 6 months and recall your thoughts:top marks

smurf
13-09-2011, 10:16 PM
Duffy signed Lee Power and Paul Tosh as our strike force, and for that reason alone deserved his jotters.

And to reinforce the point he signed Jamie Mcquilken and David Elliot as our left hand side of the team....

smurf
13-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Rod was appointed MD shortly after the Duffmeister signed those thrilling strikers Power and Tosh so he would have had a big say in Duffy's sacking

IIRC at the time Duffy was sacked the board were badly split. Somebody within the board at that time told me that certain members were not even on speaking terms...

The new regime for the late 90's v the early 90's old guard. Though nifty footwork by a retired headmaster ensured he was in the camp of the former...

nortonhibby
13-09-2011, 10:28 PM
IIRC at the time Duffy was sacked the board were badly split. Somebody within the board at that time told me that certain members were not even on speaking terms...

The new regime for the late 90's v the early 90's old guard. Though nifty footwork by a retired headmaster ensured he was in the camp of the former...

so is RP untochable:confused:

NGH
13-09-2011, 10:45 PM
And to reinforce the point he signed Jamie Mcquilken and David Elliot as our left hand side of the team....

My thoughts exactly. I still have nightmares.

Purple & Green
13-09-2011, 11:01 PM

Oh James, how you forget. Let me remind you.

That run of 7 straight losses

P7 W0 D0 L7 F6 A16 P0

Oh, or let's remind us of your last 19 games charge

P19 W1 D5 L13 F17 A39 Points8

Don't insult our intelligence, you weren't "sacked for less" you were sacked for an awful lot more. In the history of Hibernian your mismanagement is without peer, your incompetence was unparalleled. How you ever got another job in football is a mystery right up there with how Hearts aren't bankrupt yet.

But, yet, someone in the media saw fit to give you a job. You were lucky. Yet, you abuse that luck to insult our intelligence yet more.

Here's a tip. Shut up about Hibs. You only embarrass yourself every time you pass an opinion about our managers because you were the worst, the most dismal, the most disgraceful, abominable, atrocious, awful, dismal, dire, appalling excuse for a manager that Hibs have ever suffered. If I was you - which quite thankfully I'm not - I'd be thoroughly ****in ashamed that I'm still making money out of the fact that you were the worst ever Hibs manager ever.

So, please, before you embarrass yourself, stop and think before you ever, EVER, comment on Hibs again.

greenginger
13-09-2011, 11:11 PM

The first mistake that was made was letting the chopper land before the prick got out. :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
13-09-2011, 11:31 PM
Duffy is a trumpet. He's done nothing of note in football since being booted out of ER. His nice cosy relationship with the weegie media keeps the gravy train rolling though.

No Hibby sheds any tears for that pygmy of football management.

BEEJ
13-09-2011, 11:55 PM

P7 W0 D0 L7 F6 A16 P0

Don't insult our intelligence, you weren't "sacked for less" you were sacked for an awful lot more. In the history of Hibernian your mismanagement is without peer, your incompetence was unparalleled. How you ever got another job in football is a mystery right up there with how Hearts aren't bankrupt yet.

But, yet, someone in the media saw fit to give you a job. You were lucky. Yet, you abuse that luck to insult our intelligence yet more.
:greengrin

Shortly after he was given the royal heave from ER I remember Duffy being interviewed and being asked how he felt.

"I'm hurt!", he exclaimed in an indignant tone. Not as much as we were, mate!

crewetollhibee
14-09-2011, 12:19 AM

P7 W0 D0 L7 F6 A16 P0

Here's a tip. Shut up about Hibs. You only embarrass yourself every time you pass an opinion about our managers because you were the worst, the most dismal, the most disgraceful, abominable, atrocious, awful, dismal, dire, appalling excuse for a manager that Hibs have ever suffered. If I was you - which quite thankfully I'm not - I'd be thoroughly ****in ashamed that I'm still making money out of the fact that you were the worst ever Hibs manager ever.So, please, before you embarrass yourself, stop and think before you ever, EVER, comment on Hibs again. That is exactly how that prat should be remembered. He was an utter tool from start to finish, and if he for one minute thinks that everyone listening to his dronings is under 21 years of age, we're not ! We have long memories you utter waste of space. It's because people like you keep getting jobs on BBC Radio Scotland, that we will forever be in the backwaters of football. So go away, keep your comments and thoughts to yourself; no one cares what you, Allan Preston, Chick Young or Billy Dodds think anymore. You are the part of the problem, not the solution.

smurf
14-09-2011, 06:27 AM
That is exactly how that prat should be remembered. He was an utter tool from start to finish, and if he for one minute thinks that everyone listening to his dronings is under 21 years of age, we're not ! We have long memories you utter waste of space. It's because people like you keep getting jobs on BBC Radio Scotland, that we will forever be in the backwaters of football. So go away, keep your comments and thoughts to yourself; no one cares what you, Allan Preston, Chick Young or Billy Dodds think anymore. You are the part of the problem, not the solution.

I agree in the main but harsh on billy dodds and even that hertz sod.... both in terms of the Scottish game talk some sense...

Barney McGrew
14-09-2011, 06:48 AM

:shocked:

Thanks for that smurf, I'd just about managed to blank those two out my mind forever :greengrin

And some people think our squad now is bad, it's like Barcelona compared to that bunch of jokers back then.

aberhibsfc
14-09-2011, 07:59 AM

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I am trying to forget these players.

Duffy should have his tombstone 'Trezequet? No thanks, I've got Power and Tosh'

Tosh, that's one player that lived up to his name.

Beefster
14-09-2011, 08:45 AM
So we have to be panic merchants if we say we are worried we might get relegated? With respect your words border on arrogance

There is being worried about relegation and then there is being convinced that we will be relegated after six games when the four teams above us are within two points.

IWasThere2016
14-09-2011, 09:05 AM
There is being worried about relegation and then there is being convinced that we will be relegated after six games when the four teams above us are within two points.

and we have a game in hand ...

IWasThere2016
14-09-2011, 09:06 AM

P7 W0 D0 L7 F6 A16 P0

Here's a tip. Shut up about Hibs. You only embarrass yourself every time you pass an opinion about our managers because you were the worst, the most dismal, the most disgraceful, abominable, atrocious, awful, dismal, dire, appalling excuse for a manager that Hibs have ever suffered. If I was you - which quite thankfully I'm not - I'd be thoroughly ****in ashamed that I'm still making money out of the fact that you were the worst ever Hibs manager ever.

So, please, before you embarrass yourself, stop and think before you ever, EVER, comment on Hibs again.

:top marks

He's trying to out haver Yogi (who has thankfully shut up! :thumbsup:)

allezsauzee
14-09-2011, 11:59 AM

P7 W0 D0 L7 F6 A16 P0

The best post I have read on here for some time!

poolman
14-09-2011, 12:18 PM

P7 W0 D0 L7 F6 A16 P0

Amen to that

bighairyfaeleith
14-09-2011, 01:38 PM

Lee Power, his actual second name was ispiss, but he thought Power would help him progress his career. FACT

--------
14-09-2011, 05:36 PM

:agree:

Going on the results from Calderwood's arrival at ER, relegation is a definite possiblity.

And considering the way the club have drifted from crisis to crisis over the period Rod Petrie has been in charge, I would suggest that relegation might even be the LEAST of our worries, John.

Captain Trips
14-09-2011, 05:40 PM

P7 W0 D0 L7 F6 A16 P0

Get that sent in to radio/paper excellent stuff.

3pm
14-09-2011, 06:07 PM
Duffy was meant to be flying the Kwik Fit Flyer that day but got into the wrong seat. The guy who flew him in was meant to be the gaffer. That can be the only possible explanation for his appointment.

Jonnyboy
14-09-2011, 08:42 PM

I agree Beefster. I read that post as suggesting anyone mentioning relegation was a panic merchant!

Renfrew_Hibby
15-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Jim Duffy shops at the same supermarket as me!

There has been a couple of times i've wanted to ram the slapheed with my trolly. In fact we were leaving for the St.Mirren game recently having just filled the car up when he crossed over in front of us, I said at the time to my Saints supporting wife that was a bad omen for us and Saints will win today... I should've just mowed the ****** down there and then and exorcised that ghost :devil:

Dashing Bob S
15-09-2011, 02:57 PM
If we were stupid enough to keep Calderwood up till Christmas, I'd say relegation would be a racing certainty.

JimBHibees
15-09-2011, 03:08 PM

P7 W0 D0 L7 F6 A16 P0

Just about sums it up for me. :agree:

poolman
15-09-2011, 03:40 PM
If I remember correctly most, if not all, his signings were through the same agent :agree:

Dashing Bob S
15-09-2011, 04:16 PM

P7 W0 D0 L7 F6 A16 P0

These are certainly impressive stats from Def Duffmeister and it shows just how much Caldo has to do to be mentioned in the same breath. I'm not writing him off though, as there's the chance we could go into freefall.

nortonhibby
15-09-2011, 04:48 PM
These are certainly impressive stats from Def Duffmeister and it shows just how much Caldo has to do to be mentioned in the same breath. I'm not writing him off though, as there's the chance we could go into freefall.

On the amount of games that CC Has been in charge there records are very simmilar in fact the Duffmaster is only 3 points behind in terms of League points earned.

Well we learned an important leason from the Duffster dont fly in a new appointed manager it clearly brings bad luck.