PDA

View Full Version : Who could we afford to replace Calderwood

archiebald
13-09-2011, 11:50 AM
No to tango man please

H18sry
13-09-2011, 11:55 AM
No to tango man please

How can you replace a manager who is still in the job and has the full backing of the board?

The_Exile
13-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Jim Jeffries, do we have changing rooms in the club shop?

Leithenhibby
13-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Deary dear.... :rolleyes: How boring are we becoming ....

If, if,if,if,if ..... YAWN ...

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Even Hibs can still surely afford a tub of lard?

--------
14-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Isn't Ranieri out of a job right now?

CRAZYHIBBY
14-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Jeffries wouldnt be a bad choice:rolleyes:

Jim44
14-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Jeffries wouldnt be a bad choice:rolleyes:

I couldn't see Jeffries at ER. He's Jamboid through and through and I'm at a loss as to why Romanov booted him out. I'll give Sergio half a severe winter and he'll be off like a shot. I honestly woudn't be surprised to see Jeffries back there for a third spell come February.

JCHibby
14-09-2011, 07:26 PM
How can you replace a manager who is still in the job and has the full backing of the board?

You a 100% sure on that?

HibsMax
14-09-2011, 07:33 PM
You a 100% sure on that?

If he lost the board's backing between the NF / BC interest and now then they have dropped the ball big time. Why would they turn down $$$ only to then be faced with the very real prospect of firing him and get nothing back in return? Based on that alone I think he has the board's support.

JCHibby
14-09-2011, 07:38 PM
If he lost the board's backing between the NF / BC interest and now then they have dropped the ball big time. Why would they turn down $$$ only to then be faced with the very real prospect of firing him and get nothing back in return? Based on that alone I think he has the board's support.

Fairplay, from what I have been told he certainly does not, and RP is not happy with him. I stated this previously and was shot down, but it is a forum and everyone has views which they should express. If it is true then would potentially explain the atmosphere at the club at present, strange times and as usual the fans and supporters are the ones who pay the ultimate price.

Jim44
14-09-2011, 07:42 PM

I don't think he has the Board's support as much as the Board's desperation.

E10 Rifle
14-09-2011, 07:52 PM
JJ would be a decent appointment. Nothing better than havig a Jambo lead us to Scottish Cup glory and shut the mouths of those who used to adore him

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2011, 07:52 PM
I don't think he has the Board's support as much as the Board's desperation.

I think the board have backed themselves into a huge hole. They apparently seem to have backed another dud, one they could actually have punted for decent money only a couple of months ago.

Now they couldn't give him away in a raffle, and will probably imo have to pay him off very soon.

Another shocking managerial appointment from those in charge down easter road way.:rolleyes:

Viva_Palmeiras
14-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Another shocking managerial appointment from those in charge down easter road way.:rolleyes:

On the bright side the law of averages states...

Except the law of averages dont seem to apply for us these days - more like below-averages.

nortonhibby
14-09-2011, 08:55 PM
RP And the board are 100 percent behind CC :flag:

Jim44
14-09-2011, 09:06 PM

Well, if and when Calderwood becomes the absolute liability he is fast shaping up to be, I hope they will be 100% out the door behind him.

Petrie's Tache
14-09-2011, 09:07 PM

****:taxi

SteveHFC
14-09-2011, 09:07 PM
John Collins - Manager
Russell Latapy - Assistant Manager

nortonhibby
14-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Well, if and when Calderwood becomes the absolute liability he is fast shaping up to be, I hope they will be 100% out the door behind him.

I am with you but i can tell you from within our Club RP And the Board are 100 percent behind CC I Got a mate who works as a coach at Tranent.

hibeedonald
14-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Jim McIntyre, young and done a great job

oldbutdim
14-09-2011, 09:49 PM
I think Calderwood still has the total support of the Board.
For how long only results will tell.

I'm surprised that the implication is that we hire 'cheap' managers though.

Very surprised.

nortonhibby
14-09-2011, 09:54 PM
I think Calderwood still has the total support of the Board.
For how long only results will tell.

I'm surprised that the implication is that we hire 'cheap' managers though.

Very surprised.

Its RP or us on this one, RP Has gambled on CC Being the one even if he out does Duffys record :confused:

Captain Trips
14-09-2011, 10:27 PM
I think the board have backed themselves into a huge hole. They apparently seem to have backed another dud, one they could actually have punted for decent money only a couple of months ago.

Now they couldn't give him away in a raffle, and will probably imo have to pay him off very soon.

Those in charge made an error in apointing him and an error in keeping him, 2 things that they surely cannot survive from.

matty_f
14-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Those in charge made an error in apointing him and an error in keeping him, 2 things that they surely cannot survive from.

Suppose the board would argue that it is still early days depending on how large a job they think CC had to do following Yogi's time here (something they alluded to very publicly when making the statement about CC staying at Hibs in the summer), and on how much faith they have in CC to actually turn it around. Playing devil's advocate here, because I'm not certain CC is anywhere near good enough as things stand at the moment, but the board see at close quarters what CC is all about, if there are differences being made in a positive way about the club because of what he's doing and changing that will ultimately manifest themselves in a remarkable and more importantly sustained turnaround in results and performances on the pitch, then they'd have a very strong case for giving it the big GIRFUY to those that are clamoring for change now.

As things stand, the case against CC remaining in charge for very much longer is far stronger than that supporting persevering with him - but he has talked about rebuilding the club and putting his stamp right across it. If he is as good as he thinks and says he is, then the end should justify the means and we will look back at this period as nothing more than a poor prolonged start to his time as Hibernian manager.

Failing that, he will be forever seen as a failure by Hibs supporters. At the moment, it looks very much like the latter outcome is the most likely.

--------
14-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Mark Hughes is free.

matty_f
14-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Mark Hughes is free.

I think he'd be much more expensive than that, though free is probably closer to our budget!

Northernhibee
15-09-2011, 01:30 AM
We're no needing a tactical genius with the group of players we have.

We need someone with the slightest bit of motivational nous to get the players fired up and battling.

FFS, I'm not unconvinced that I couldn't do better than CC at this point. Get the players wanting to win, get stuck in during the games and we'll pick up points.

CC is ****ing hopeless, tango man would only be an improvement. I genuinely think that CC is worse than Duffy, if he revealed himself as a lifelong yams fan at this point I wouldn't be surprised.

Honestly, anyone. Even Yogi again. Please, please, please let's get rid of this useless fud.

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2011, 06:51 AM
Suppose the board would argue that it is still early days depending on how large a job they think CC had to do following Yogi's time here (something they alluded to very publicly when making the statement about CC staying at Hibs in the summer), and on how much faith they have in CC to actually turn it around. Playing devil's advocate here, because I'm not certain CC is anywhere near good enough as things stand at the moment, but the board see at close quarters what CC is all about, if there are differences being made in a positive way about the club because of what he's doing and changing that will ultimately manifest themselves in a remarkable and more importantly sustained turnaround in results and performances on the pitch, then they'd have a very strong case for giving it the big GIRFUY to those that are clamoring for change now.

As things stand, the case against CC remaining in charge for very much longer is far stronger than that supporting persevering with him - but he has talked about rebuilding the club and putting his stamp right across it. If he is as good as he thinks and says he is, then the end should justify the means and we will look back at this period as nothing more than a poor prolonged start to his time as Hibernian manager.

Failing that, he will be forever seen as a failure by Hibs supporters. At the moment, it looks very much like the latter outcome is the most likely.

I'm sure the last incumbent was accused of talking piffle virtually every day. CC came out with this cracker at the start of his tenure. We should have recognised the bull right from then. This joker would struggle to build a bridge out of lego.

Have we ever had a manager who's managed to alienate himself from the Hibs support as much as he has?

What has he done, just one thing thats gone towards trying to galvanise the club? As i'm struggling to see anything?

He cant go quick enough for me.

Aldo
15-09-2011, 06:52 AM
It's not a case of affording its a matter of time IMHO.
RP will know this.

The question I have is who much would it cost to get
Relegated. Too much.

If we don't get a result on sat then for me that would be that
And CC's position as manager needs to be addressed by the board

1 win in the last 11 or so games is relegation material.

We need a change and a motivator someone with a plan a b and c etc

think I am going on sat as just along the road to see wot they can do

lucky
15-09-2011, 07:04 AM
Whilst the majority of fans have lost hope in CC. There have been no stories coming out about the players not liking him. This season my be painful but I think the board will let it run until February then panic if we are at the bottom. CC is obviously highly thought of within football. So in my opinion its unlikely the board will get rid of him. But if performances continue as they are then the crowds will plumet even further. Hibs as a club just seems unhappy just now. There is no good news stories. GoC with criminal charges VP getting banned from nightclubs. Total farce on the hospitality offer for the rearranged Saints game. We all love Hibs but many fans are consulting their lawyers for divorce or a separation

Aldo
15-09-2011, 08:27 AM
Whilst the majority of fans have lost hope in CC. There have been no stories coming out about the players not liking him. This season my be painful but I think the board will let it run until February then panic if we are at the bottom. CC is obviously highly thought of within football. So in my opinion its unlikely the board will get rid of him. But if performances continue as they are then the crowds will plumet even further. Hibs as a club just seems unhappy just now. There is no good news stories. GoC with criminal charges VP getting banned from nightclubs. Total farce on the hospitality offer for the rearranged Saints game. We all love Hibs but many fans are consulting their lawyers for divorce or a separation

Sorry lucky but have to totally disagree with you. (bits in bold matey) I dont care if he is well liked within football his record as the manager of our club is shocking. 1 win in 11 or so games is not good enough (coupled with no wins in 8 at home in league) and is relegation material.

as for letting it run until Feb....WTF the transfer window shuts at the end of Jan and if we get a new man in that wot chance does he have...see the last time we were relegated...the GJP took over when it was way to late...this I cannot see happening again. Xmas at the latest IMHO.

As for the crowds plummeting.......we are worse than we were under BW and lets face it crowds are going to dwindle and dwindle week in week out if we dont start winning.

We are in a very sorry state and if we dont get our of it soon then we will go down...yes relegated. There is next to no fight and teams sense this.

Stevie Reid
15-09-2011, 09:13 AM
I would've been happy enough with Michael O'Neill in the summer - his recent achievements with Shamrock Rovers now make him the blindingly obvious candidate IMO.

With an experienced number 2 like Billy Brown perhaps...

lucky
15-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Sorry lucky but have to totally disagree with you. (bits in bold matey) I dont care if he is well liked within football his record as the manager of our club is shocking. 1 win in 11 or so games is not good enough (coupled with no wins in 8 at home in league) and is relegation material.

as for letting it run until Feb....WTF the transfer window shuts at the end of Jan and if we get a new man in that wot chance does he have...see the last time we were relegated...the GJP took over when it was way to late...this I cannot see happening again. Xmas at the latest IMHO.

As for the crowds plummeting.......we are worse than we were under BW and lets face it crowds are going to dwindle and dwindle week in week out if we dont start winning.

We are in a very sorry state and if we dont get our of it soon then we will go down...yes relegated. There is next to no fight and teams sense this.

Aldo--no problem disagreeing but i think we agree:greengrin I was stating I think the board will let it run to then. They wont spend in Jan cause we have signed 14 players in a year and made no money. For me CC is an awful manager but seems to well respected with in football. God knows how as this Hibs team is awful and he is killing our club.

happiehibbie
15-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Deary dear.... :rolleyes: How boring are we becoming ....

If, if,if,if,if ..... YAWN ...

Come on now you know not to take this MB seriously !!!!!

Me i would boot him and get JJ and BB in ASAP

lots of love G xx

mixuok
15-09-2011, 09:48 AM
JJ would be a decent appointment. Nothing better than havig a Jambo lead us to Scottish Cup glory and shut the mouths of those who used to adore him ex cellent comment that would be soooooo funny :flag: :flag:

nortonhibby
15-09-2011, 10:38 AM

We need to take a step back and look at what happened with the Duffster we waited to long and by the time AM Was brought in it was too late Despite a big improvement once AM Came in.

If we wait too long it could happen again lets be honest we got 3 points on the board from a last min fluke goal at Inverness.

A Good appointment to rally the fans is what is needed dare i say Walter Smith he has hinted he would like to get back into management or Gordon Strachen a life long Hibee even the return of JC.

--------
15-09-2011, 04:46 PM
It's not a case of affording its a matter of time IMHO.

RP will know this.

The question I have is who much would it cost to get
Relegated. Too much.

If we don't get a result on sat then for me that would be that
And CC's position as manager needs to be addressed by the board

1 win in the last 11 or so games is relegation material.

We need a change and a motivator someone with a plan a b and c etc

think I am going on sat as just along the road to see wot they can do

As and when Hibs get around to punting the present manager and appointing a FIFTH incumbent in SIX years, if Rod Petrie doesn't get punted along with his last selection it will be a scandal.

How many cock-ups will this man be allowed to perpetrate? He's a disaster.

--------
15-09-2011, 04:48 PM
We need to take a step back and look at what happened with the Duffster we waited to long and by the time AM Was brought in it was too late Despite a big improvement once AM Came in.

If we wait too long it could happen again lets be honest we got 3 points on the board from a last min fluke goal at Inverness.

A Good appointment to rally the fans is what is needed dare i say Walter Smith he has hinted he would like to get back into management or Gordon Strachen a life long Hibee even the return of JC.

I couldn't see any of those candidates being remotely interested unless major changes take place within the upper reaches of the club.

In other words, Farmer starts to give a **** and Petrie gets punted.

nortonhibby
15-09-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm sure the last incumbent was accused of talking piffle virtually every day. CC came out with this cracker at the start of his tenure. We should have recognised the bull right from then. This joker would struggle to build a bridge out of lego.

Have we ever had a manager who's managed to alienate himself from the Hibs support as much as he has?

What has he done, just one thing thats gone towards trying to galvanise the club? As i'm struggling to see anything?

He cant go quick enough for me.

This story is playing out just like the Duffsters Reign its frighteningly similar i just hope the ending is not the same.:confused:

The Falcon
15-09-2011, 11:09 PM
I couldn't see any of those candidates being remotely interested unless major changes take place within the upper reaches of the club.

In other words, Farmer starts to give a **** and Petrie gets punted.

I cant envisage any realistic scenario that would lure WS to any club job in Scotland. Why folk want Strachan I really dont get.

IWasThere2016
16-09-2011, 06:24 AM
As and when Hibs get around to punting the present manager and appointing a FIFTH incumbent in SIX years, if Rod Petrie doesn't get punted along with his last selection it will be a scandal.

How many cock-ups will this man be allowed to perpetrate? He's a disaster.

Yup - RP outlived his uselessness many many moons ago .. Got to be ta ta soon (or STF blatantly couldnae give a toss any longer).

nortonhibby
16-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Yup - RP outlived his uselessness many many moons ago .. Got to be ta ta soon (or STF blatantly couldnae give a toss any longer).

RP Ia a walking Zombie he has placed all his eggs and faith in CC He should have just swalowed his pride and got rid but instead we have BB To assist CC ALA Mcneil to help Duff.

I Hope this last throw of the dice works for RP And we pick up and go forward because if you have got it wrong again its over RP YOU WILL HAVE TO GO.:flag:

hibsbollah
16-09-2011, 09:51 PM
RP Ia a walking Zombie he has placed all his eggs and faith in CC He should have just swalowed his pride and got rid but instead we have BB To assist CC ALA Mcneil to help Duff.

I Hope this last throw of the dice works for RP And we pick up and go forward because if you have got it wrong again its over RP YOU WILL HAVE TO GO.:flag:

Astonishing. Petrie has 'placed all his eggs in CC'???!
Hibs Boardroom Boffin in IVF Shock.

matty_f
16-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Astonishing. Petrie has 'placed all his eggs in CC'???!
Hibs Boardroom Boffin in IVF Shock.

:tee hee:

sesoim
17-09-2011, 11:32 AM
No to tango man please

Do you think the other Calderwood would have done a worse job? Personally, I think we'd be challenging fopr 4th with JC in charge, but because of Petrie's lack of footballing knowledge and a lot of fans shouting too loud at the idea of JC coming to Hibs, it din't happen and never will.

Instead, we are lumbered with an expensive clueless manager who has lumbered us with a bunch of losers.

hibiedude
17-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Someone who isnt in a job at the moment so JJ fits the bill if Calderwood is sacked or leaves

Wembley67
17-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Doesn't matter a toss, we are going to win today and this will be our springboard.

GGTH.