PDA

View Full Version : Regardless, 'Calderwood' to continue....

smurf
13-09-2011, 11:40 AM
If this continues I think the board strategy will be a safe pair of hands. Somebody proven to come in and work with what he's got and steady the ship.

If results force the board to dismiss CC at the end of this month/beginning of next then let's not pretend its because we are in a 'relegation battle'.

This being the case this cautious board will definitely want to play it safe. A 'Shot in the arm' appointment the support will clamour for like Strachan is highly unlikely...

I suspect one Calderwood will depart and another arrive on a contract until next summer.

A move I wouldn't have issue with although I find him an irritable man...

Thoughts?

Beefster
13-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Thoughts?

Monumentally depressing.

Godsahibby
13-09-2011, 12:04 PM
IF Calderwood was to go and IF the board decided to appoint the other one then that would be the final nail in the coffin for me at ER. I'm already regretting having a season ticket this year, only been to 1 of our home games this season and seriously thinking about not renewing next season. If JC was manager there is no way I would be back. I do not like the man either as a person or a manager.

Again IF Calderwood does go we need to be looking elsewhere for managers, not jumping on the SPL manger merry go round. We need excitement at ER thats whats going to bring the fans back and not many past or present managers can fit the bill for the job at ER.

Dashing Bob S
13-09-2011, 12:36 PM
At this stage I'd take anybody with a reasonable track record AND a bit of passion for the game.

Baader
13-09-2011, 12:58 PM
It wouldn't surprise me. Would rather a host of other candidates before the other Calderwood though. Wouldn't exactly have people hurrying along to ER although I've no doubt he'd do better than the current incumbent...

Would rather have whinging Jumbo Jim in the hot seat (not that it's likely to happen) before the Tangoman - and that's saying something!

happiehibbie
13-09-2011, 01:00 PM
I say get JJ and BB in at least the have balls and can get a team playing

woodyloon
13-09-2011, 01:44 PM
I would look at someone like Billy Davies.

Biffoscot
13-09-2011, 01:57 PM
If this continues I think the board strategy will be a safe pair of hands. Somebody proven to come in and work with what he's got and steady the ship.

If results force the board to dismiss CC at the end of this month/beginning of next then let's not pretend its because we are in a 'relegation battle'.

This being the case this cautious board will definitely want to play it safe. A 'Shot in the arm' appointment the support will clamour for like Strachan is highly unlikely...

I suspect one Calderwood will depart and another arrive on a contract until next summer.

Thoughts?
:confused:I would have no issue in dismissing CC, in fact I'm surprised he's not been sacked by now.
We need to get Hughies back,:aok: someone who loves the club and can get the dressing room buzzing again. I also think that Booth is a liability and it's maybe because he's been asked to play in a position that doesn't suit his game. He has cost us at least 2 goals this season and CC keeps playing him. I say he needs to be farmed out to a second division club for a bit to learn his new position. Thoughts?:rolleyes:

Biffoscot
13-09-2011, 02:10 PM
I say get JJ and BB in at least the have balls and can get a team playing

:grr:I wouldn't have them at ER if they paid US to come, JJ is a JAMBO you idiot, and would never be welcome at ER.:bye:

smurf
13-09-2011, 03:16 PM
:confused:I would have no issue in dismissing CC, in fact I'm surprised he's not been sacked by now.
We need to get Hughies back,:aok: someone who loves the club and can get the dressing room buzzing again. I also think that Booth is a liability and it's maybe because he's been asked to play in a position that doesn't suit his game. He has cost us at least 2 goals this season and CC keeps playing him. I say he needs to be farmed out to a second division club for a bit to learn his new position. Thoughts?:rolleyes:

That you are pulling my plunger.

HibsMax
13-09-2011, 03:39 PM

Thoughts?

My thought is that any manager considering a position at Hibs will seriously consider every other offer first because history has shown us to not have the bottle to stick with one man long enough to get the job done. Who in their right mind would take over someone else's team with the potential of being hounded out 6 games into the season? I know I would not accept any job if one of the conditions was taking responsibility for the f***-ups of my predecessor, that's totally unfair. It's obvious that I see this differently than the majority of posters so I am not getting into any stupid fights over it. I think CC (any manager) needs time to get the job done, especially when you're talking about a team as badly damaged as Hibs.

HibeeSince85
13-09-2011, 05:53 PM
My thought is that any manager considering a position at Hibs will seriously consider every other offer first because history has shown us to not have the bottle to stick with one man long enough to get the job done. Who in their right mind would take over someone else's team with the potential of being hounded out 6 games into the season? I know I would not accept any job if one of the conditions was taking responsibility for the f***-ups of my predecessor, that's totally unfair. It's obvious that I see this differently than the majority of posters so I am not getting into any stupid fights over it. I think CC (any manager) needs time to get the job done, especially when you're talking about a team as badly damaged as Hibs.

How much time? He might have his team now but since he came here we have been pish with whatever side he picks - who's the constant in that.

I was all for giving him time at the start of the season but we are dreadful and I've no doubt another manager could come in and have that lot performing better and in a shape that suits then.

shagpile
13-09-2011, 06:07 PM

Thoughts?

Why not? I don't particularly like him either ,but his record in the SPl is decent.

Gordy M
13-09-2011, 06:09 PM
There are currently three scottish managers, who are not in a job, that would probably do a good job with us, Strachan, Walter Smith and Billy Davies. Im not sure if any of these guys would take the job, i'm sure they would be looking at reasonable wages and probably a large spending budget, however if the board want to make a statement of intent then they should go for one of these guys.

After that you would have McGhee, Jimmy Calderwood, Michael O Neil and dare i say it FJK(no way i want that miserable sod at hibs). The problem is that the 'second' string of managers would run into the same problems as JC Mixu Hughes and now CC. It seems that no matter the players that are brought in, we continually seem to be a soft touch. I don't know where this stems from but its been ages since i saw a hibs team completely dominate a team. Sad.

If we do sack CC, and im not saying they should, then RP/SL need to make sure they get it right and get a manager who, if possible, can change the whole culture at the club.

Hainan Hibs
13-09-2011, 06:32 PM
The other Calderwood had Aberdeen at the right end of the table, and delivered a European run and European nights that the sheep (and us) can only dream about now. Crap record in the domestic cups, but he did get them to Hampden on one occasion so at least they could arse it up against lower opposition with a day trip to the national stadium included.

Get him in.

crosbie9
13-09-2011, 06:47 PM
i think we should be looking at a hole new board and managment its a compelte joke,not all thisis calderwoods fault if the board (rod petrie) handed down a little extra money we would once again be able to compete against the likes of hearts,celtic,rangers i mean we have the best training centre in scotland possible in the top 8 in britain,lets get a manager in that knows the club,wants to drive forward with the club and use the training centre to its full potential someone who can get hibs playing fast,flow attacking football and bring in the correct players for the type of style we play

nortonhibby
13-09-2011, 06:53 PM

Thoughts?

We are in a desperate situation right now we do not have the wisdom of where we wil be in January if CC Remains in charge.
I Suspect RP Will stick it out till end of Jan next year regardless of results preying every night that he proved us wrong.
IMO RP Has blown it he has placed his faith in a dud CC But RP Is a stuborn Accountant it will Be to late then to save our season.
We can protest all we like RP Runs our club and RP Will do as he pleases, he seems imune to the obvious empty seats at evey home game.
He hides under his Bunnet at away games, right now our club has a decision to make stick it out with CC ? Or admit it has not worked and bring in a proven Manager to inspire our team and us the Supporters of Hibernian FC.

CC was a gample and it did not work, swallow your pride RP And bring Back JC:flag:

Pedantic_Hibee
13-09-2011, 07:23 PM
If RP had any baws, he'd bring in John Collins as manager, Walter Smith as Director of Football/Assistant/Godfather, Davie Weir as a player-coach and create a full time post for Roger Propos.

Then he'd sit the current playing squad down at a meeting and say "the times they are a-changing, you'll no longer get away with what has gone on previously, ya rootin-tootin', bevvied-up no-marks. These fine chaps that stand afore ye are going to improve you as footballers and take you on a footballing journey. If you're scared of hard work, just tell them and they'll see to it that you're plying your trade with Dukla Pumpherston on the first day of the next transfer window. Bosh! Any queries, ladsnoIthoughtnotgoodthat'ssettled. And if any of you think you can turn up at my door, I'll see to it that my butler beats you to death with his thumb. Good day, gentlemen"

Pretty Boy
14-09-2011, 06:56 AM
Why not? I don't particularly like him either ,but his record in the SPl is decent.

This.

I never get the issue people have with Jimmy Calderwood. He took a poor Aberdeen side and secured a 4th place finish on the exact same number of points as Tony Mowbrays team. Never out the top 6 and had them playing some decent football. He also took them to the UEFA cup group stages. Took Dunfermilne to a Scottish cup final and to Europe. Was tasked with keeping Killie up and succeded and kept Ross County out the play offs last year.

I'd take him in a minute.

Pretty Boy
14-09-2011, 07:00 AM
i think we should be looking at a hole new board and managment its a compelte joke,not all thisis calderwoods fault if the board (rod petrie) handed down a little extra money we would once again be able to compete against the likes of hearts,celtic,rangers i mean we have the best training centre in scotland possible in the top 8 in britain,lets get a manager in that knows the club,wants to drive forward with the club and use the training centre to its full potential someone who can get hibs playing fast,flow attacking football and bring in the correct players for the type of style we play

Where about will this magical pot of extra money come from?

smurf
14-09-2011, 07:08 AM
This.

I never get the issue people have with Jimmy Calderwood. He took a poor Aberdeen side and secured a 4th place finish on the exact same number of points as Tony Mowbrays team. Never out the top 6 and had them playing some decent football. He also took them to the UEFA cup group stages. Took Dunfermilne to a Scottish cup final and to Europe. Was tasked with keeping Killie up and succeded and kept Ross County out the play offs last year.

I'd take him in a minute.

I agree.

I think its his manner and that he's a known hun.

Kaiser1962
14-09-2011, 07:37 AM

The fairy's at the bottom of the garden :agree:

The Falcon
14-09-2011, 08:00 AM
I agree.

I think its his manner and that he's a known hun.

Yet some people want Strachan who has ten times the attitude and half the abilty, if that.

The Falcon
14-09-2011, 08:02 AM

http://www.oceanfinance.co.uk/index.asp?aff=000C&campaign=google&kw=Ocean+Finance :aok: