PDA

View Full Version : NHC Celtic pumped out of Europe Again(possibly).

scott7_0(Prague)
13-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Could be an interesting development with this latest court ruling. Next move UEFA.

Swiss court rule in Sion's favour but UEFA appeal decision still pending

Governing body yet to rule but court in their canton order they reinstate Sion.

Christian Constantin's team are currently awaiting a UEFA appeal verdict but a Swiss court has found in their favour. A Swiss court has said UEFA should reinstate FC Sion in the Europa League, just two days before the opening match of the competition, according to reports in Switzerland.UEFA are currently hearing an appeal from the club to give them their place back in the competition, having expelled Sion last week and named Celtic in Group I. But as deliberations continue in Nyon, Le Matin states a local court in Vaud has granted Sion an order which the Swiss club say will lead to them travelling to Spain to play Atletico Madrid on Thursday. Sion congratulated the decision of the Swiss court on their official Twitter feed, remarking simply: "Madrid, Sion is coming". A three-man delegation from Sion is currently at UEFA's headquarters arguing their case to be reinstated in the Europa League, with the hearing having started at 9am UK time.

IanM
13-09-2011, 11:11 AM
A swiss court defending a swiss team.. would be surprised if it was anything but .. as much as i dont honestly care - they've made their ruling and should stick with it..

robinp
13-09-2011, 11:19 AM
A swiss court defending a swiss team.. would be surprised if it was anything but .. as much as i dont honestly care - they've made their ruling and should stick with it..

Well UEFA are based in Switzerland, what other court would you suggest Sion raise a court action in? :rolleyes:

Winston Ingram
13-09-2011, 11:19 AM
:greengrin

Another nail in the OF coffers:na na:

:taxi back the training ground it is then:bye:

Winston Ingram
13-09-2011, 11:22 AM
from the Sion Official site

http://www.fc-sion.ch/index.php?pageID=f733306aa99b7bb4fbb25c84d77923d7

The Civil Court has ordered this morning to admit the UEFA FC Sion as participating in the 2011-12 UEFA Europa League championship and take all necessary measures for the integration within the group I of the UEFA Europa League for which the FC Sion qualified. The District Court of the Canton of Vaud also ordered to UEFA to consider players Stefan Glarner, Billy Ketkeophomphone, Mario Mutsch, Pascal Feindouno, José Gonçalves and Gabri as skilled as players from FC Sion and admit them into the UEFA competition Europa League 2011-12. This order is declared enforceable immediately.

Dinkydoo
13-09-2011, 11:59 AM
I couldn't really care either way but I really, really dislike dishonestly and bias - and something doesn't feel 'right' about this to me.

If UEFA have made a decision then they should stick by it.

Have UEFA ever considered granting an appeal to an appeal before? If not and Celtic are removed from the Europa league in favour of Sion questions need to be asked around whether is this going to set a precident for the future, and if not, why?

cabbageandribs1875
13-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Well UEFA are based in Switzerland, what other court would you suggest Sion raise a court action in? :rolleyes:

i think your missing his point, if sellick end up making an appeal will the appeal be done in a glasgow court ? it doesnt matter where UEFA are based

Elephant Stone
13-09-2011, 12:12 PM

Do local Swiss civil courts have jurisdiction to dictate what UEFA decide?

Golden Bear
13-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Do local Swiss civil courts have jurisdiction to dictate what UEFA decide?

:agree:

That is the question ma Lurd.

IWasThere2016
13-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Wee shame - let me be the first to say it is a conspiracy :greengrin

James70
13-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Much as I detest the OF it will be a disgrace if this decision finishes up going against Celtic. The Swiss side were given plenty of warning prior to the fixtures being played and with a typical Swiss arrogance chose to ignore these warnings. Celtic may well have won the tie if Sion had been deprived of the ineligible players.

down-the-slope
13-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Football administrators in farce......nothing new to see there...move along :rolleyes:

Dashing Bob S
13-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Pity if true. They were so dire against Sion that I was looking forward to seeing several more embarrassing pumpings.

Jim44
13-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Much as I detest both Old Firm teams, it will be a disgrace if UEFA reverses it's decision. :rules:

Hibs Class
13-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Much as I detest both Old Firm teams, it will be a disgrace if UEFA reverses it's decision. :rules:

Why? Presumably UEFA will only reverse the decision if the current decision is unenforceable in a Court. That is pretty much the same situation as applied to Lennon's touchline ban last season when the SFA chose to not oppose Celtic's position (taken on legal advice) due to ambiguity in the rule book. If the Sion appeal is successful then it will be because it is legally sound and on that basis it would be highly hypocritical of Celtic to have any cpmplaint with it.

hibs0666
13-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Why? Presumably UEFA will only reverse the decision if the current decision is unenforceable in a Court. That is pretty much the same situation as applied to Lennon's touchline ban last season when the SFA chose to not oppose Celtic's position (taken on legal advice) due to ambiguity in the rule book. If the Sion appeal is successful then it will be because it is legally sound and on that basis it would be highly hypocritical of Celtic to have any cpmplaint with it.

Unfortunately if the Sion case is proven then it may well have very serious ramifications for the game.

hibs0666
13-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Sion has lost its appeal.

IanM
13-09-2011, 01:29 PM
think your missing his point, if sellick end up making an appeal will the appeal be done in a glasgow court ? it doesnt matter where UEFA are based

:agree: - altho some folk just like to reply to messages so they can use :rolleyes:

scott7_0(Prague)
13-09-2011, 02:16 PM
In a sequence of events this afternoon, we will have to wait another few weeks/months before Celtic are pumped out of Europe.

FC Sion lose Europa League appeal meaning Celtic will face Atletico Madrid

CELTIC will take their place in the Europa League after FC Sion today lost their appeal to UEFA against expulsion for fielding ineligible players.

The Parkhead side will take the field in Thursday's opening Group I fixture away to Atletico Madrid after yet another day of wrangling in the month-long saga.

Sion defeated Celtic 3-1 on aggregate in the play-off round after a goalless draw at Parkhead was followed by a 3-1 second leg win in Switzerland.

But they did so whilst including five players - Pascal Feindouno, Mario Mutsch, Gabri, Jose Goncalves and Billy Ketkeophomphone - in their squad who had been banned from taking part by UEFA as they had been signed in the midst of a FIFA-imposed transfer embargo.

Earlier today it emerged a Swiss court in the district of Vaud had said UEFA should reinstate Sion - but UEFA held the final decision and not the court.