PDA

View Full Version : NHC The once famous Glasgow Rangers

sunshine1875
12-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Oh, how the mighty have fallen on tough times! :faf:

Rangers owner Craig Whyte has acknowledged there are challenging times ahead for the club. But speaking after reports of concerns over the club's solvency he says there will always be a Rangers Football Club, and that they will stay at Ibrox. But he says the club will have to work hard due to serious challenges in the Scottish game. Whyte also says Rangers' tax dispute could have serious repercussions, but is confident of winning their case.

Leaked documents claim Rangers could owe Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs up to £49m.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14891221.stm

Jack
12-09-2011, 08:56 PM
I got a sniff of this more than a year ago
and was ridiculed when I wrote about it
either here or the Bounce.

So.

To whoever it was - see, I telt ye!

At the time I also added in the other tax
avoidance schemes which they are
currently in court for and the private
debt to Murray, but I suspect that will
have been lost somewhere in the sale.

The total debt I mentioned was around
£ 75m .

Ozyhibby
12-09-2011, 09:44 PM
I wish we were in such a bad way.

cwilliamson85
13-09-2011, 11:19 AM
I saw this and fell off my chair with laughter.

You do wonder what kind of cash they were paying players back in the good old days of SKY tv etc to rack up so much debt.

:taxi for Rangers FC

SteveHFC
13-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Hope they go bust :agree:

Hibs Class
13-09-2011, 11:42 AM
I wish we were in such a bad way.

I don't.

Dashing Bob S
13-09-2011, 12:34 PM
They are 'famous' for being obnoxious bigoted pricks with a combined IQ of about five. Any Hun with intelligence (an oxymoron admittedly) will be wanting put out of his misery by removing that dreary, third-rate sectarian institution from the landscape of this unfortunate country which its poisoned and saddened for decades, enfeebling generations of knuckle-draggers even further in the process.

Stevie Reid
13-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Are Hearts now out of danger with regards to them being investigated over payments to players?

down-the-slope
13-09-2011, 01:09 PM
Are Hearts now out of danger with regards to them being investigated over payments to players?

Doubt it..HMRC are looking to push a case all the way so precedent is set...if it is then other cases will be dealt with...I do hope HMRC get the judgement as there are allegedley a good number of clubs in the UK who operated this wheeze.......

The other big issue as seen in recent window..without this method of inflating wages they are not able to attract players like they used to when fill 50% tax rate is being payed....shame :tee hee:

Andy74
13-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Makes no odds to us. Whatever state they suvrive in they'll have 40,000 paying punters every week.

Mickey Edwards
13-09-2011, 01:58 PM
? financial doping

? retrospective sequestration of titles + cups won by teams they had no legal right to field.........surely that clever McBride man smells blood

Hibernia Na Eir
13-09-2011, 02:00 PM
cant say i'll shed a tear if they go under.

Good riddence to that lot

No legs done a great job leaving them in a right old state before goofy the clown took over :-)

down-the-slope
13-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Makes no odds to us. Whatever state they suvrive in they'll have 40,000 paying punters every week.

Really..like the 13,000 ish they had when i first started going to football....

CFC
13-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Makes no odds to us. Whatever state they suvrive in they'll have 40,000 paying punters every week.Agreed. Not as if they are gonna go out of existence.

Backto my roots
13-09-2011, 02:49 PM
They are 'famous' for being obnoxious bigoted pricks with a combined IQ of about five. Any Hun with intelligence (an oxymoron admittedly) will be wanting put out of his misery by removing that dreary, third-rate sectarian institution from the landscape of this unfortunate country which its poisoned and saddened for decades, enfeebling generations of knuckle-draggers even further in the process.

I could not have put it better myself! :top marks

Hibs Class
13-09-2011, 06:09 PM

No legs done a great job leaving them in a right old state before goofy the clown took over :-)

:bitchy:

cabbageandribs1875
13-09-2011, 06:25 PM

poor show :bitchy:

connerg
13-09-2011, 07:25 PM

Superb, i never get tired of reading that!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

DH1875
13-09-2011, 08:44 PM

History has shown us that if they or the other mob are really struggling and aren't winning matches they don't get any where near 40,000 every week. There was a time not so long ago they were playing in front of 8k crowds and remember it's only 20 years ago Celtic were playing infront of about 12k at home games.

IWasThere2016
13-09-2011, 09:10 PM

Seriously flawed assumption IMO

bringbackbenny
13-09-2011, 09:17 PM
cant say i'll shed a tear if they go under. Good riddence to that lot No legs done a great job leaving them in a right old state before goofy the clown took over :-)Bang out of order, leave that crap to the old firm

Sodje_18
13-09-2011, 09:20 PM

Stooping to their level there :bitchy:

Leithenhibby
13-09-2011, 09:34 PM

Rangers 0 Hamilton Academical 1 (In 1987 Hamilton finished bottom of the league while Rangers finished first).

NOT, 40,000 that night, but 9,000 ... and that was when Hunbrox was all new and shiny :greengrin

Sir David Gray
13-09-2011, 09:44 PM

All I will say in response to that comment is that you have absolutely no idea what life has in store for you. :aok:

ScottB
14-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Ultimately, worst case scenario, they go into Administration, stiff their creditors and return, having taken a 10 point penalty (thereby finishing 2nd at worst, boohoo) and continue on, debt free. At most they maybe shed a few top earners, which at worst means a few titles for Celtic, and a few more 2nd places for Rangers. From the sounds of it Whyte may already have transferred ownership of Ibrox away from the club? Would be the smart thing to do I suppose.

Something really needs to be done to the rules in the game, because that's exactly what they'll do, and as a punishment for what I think should be considered a form of cheating, it's pathetic. Where is the incentive for clubs to go through the sort of pain ours has over the last 10 years to even attempt to break even when other clubs can pour money down the drain, take a nonsensical 'penalty' barely worth describing as such then come out arguably in a better financial state than we are!

Northernhibee
15-09-2011, 12:40 AM
They deserve it for spending that kind of money on Tore Andre Flo.