PDA

View Full Version : CCs Record v Duffy v Yogis v Mixus ?

nortonhibby
12-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Anyone got the stats on CCs Record v Duffys v Yogis v Mixus on the same amount of Matches that CC Has been at the Helm for ?

HibsMax
12-09-2011, 04:48 PM
looking at similar timelines, I think that Yogi got more from the first 6 games of the season than CC has so far. I'll check...

Yogi had 5 points after 6 games.
CC has 4 points after 6 games.

'Mon the Hibs
12-09-2011, 05:19 PM
This is FalkirkHibee teritory:thumbsup:

(edit: and he's viewing the thread :greengrin expect stats to follow)

HibbyAndy
12-09-2011, 05:23 PM

:hilarious

He will be away tae watch the Tennis final :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
12-09-2011, 05:42 PM
In descending order;

Hughes (after first 39 games)

P-39
W-17
D-9
L-13
F-62
A-51

Paatelainen (after first 39 games)

P-39
W-15
D-9
L-15
F-50
A-45

Calderwood

P-39
W-10
D-7
L-22
F-39
A-59

Duffy (after first 39 games)

P-39
W-7
D-14
L-18
F-46
A-60

You called, sir? :cool2:

:greengrin

:hilarious

He will be away tae watch the Tennis final :thumbsup:

I've got a couple of hours to kill before that's on!

R'Albin
12-09-2011, 05:45 PM
In descending order;

P-39
W-17
D-9
L-13
F-62
A-51

P-39
W-15
D-9
L-15
F-50
A-45

Calderwood

P-39
W-10
D-7
L-22
F-39
A-59

P-39
W-7
D-14
L-18
F-46
A-60

Christ, Calderwood's Hibs have suffered more defeats than Duffy's and have a much worse goal difference.

If we don't win on Saturday he has to go:agree:

HFC 0-7
12-09-2011, 05:50 PM
In descending order;

P-39
W-17
D-9
L-13
F-62
A-51

P-39
W-15
D-9
L-15
F-50
A-45

Calderwood

P-39
W-10
D-7
L-22
F-39
A-59

P-39
W-7
D-14
L-18
F-46
A-60

So Hughes got 60 points

Mixu got 54

Duffy got 35

Calderwood got 37

Going by the fact Duffy got us relegated, Calderwoods reign has been relegation material.

Sir David Gray
12-09-2011, 05:59 PM
So Hughes got 60 points

Mixu got 54

Duffy got 35

Calderwood got 37

Going by the fact Duffy got us relegated, Calderwoods reign has been relegation material.

Those stats are for matches in all competitions so that doesn't relate to league points.

I'll do their league records in a little while.

HFC 0-7
12-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Those stats are for matches in all competitions so that doesn't relate to league points.

I'll do their league records in a little while.

I think it still serves the purpose that we are pretty much as bad as duffys reign. If we let it go on for too long then we may struggle to get out of it.

Sir David Gray
12-09-2011, 06:58 PM
AFTER 36 LEAGUE GAMES

Paatelainen

P-36
W-14
D-8
L-14
F-44
A-41
PTS-50

Hughes

P-36
W-14
D-8
L-14
F-50
A-49
PTS-50

Calderwood

P-36
W-9
D-6
L-21
F-34
A-58
PTS-33

Duffy

P-36
W-6
D-12
L-18
F-41
A-60
PTS-30

Moulin Yarns
12-09-2011, 07:10 PM
In descending order;

P-39
W-17
D-9
L-13
F-62
A-51

P-39
W-15
D-9
L-15
F-50
A-45

Calderwood

P-39
W-10
D-7
L-22
F-39
A-59

P-39
W-7
D-14
L-18
F-46
A-60

AFTER 36 LEAGUE GAMES

Paatelainen

P-36
W-14
D-8
L-14
F-44
A-41
PTS-50

Hughes

P-36
W-14
D-8
L-14
F-50
A-49
PTS-50

Calderwood

P-36
W-9
D-6
L-21
F-34
A-58
PTS-33

Duffy

P-36
W-6
D-12
L-18
F-41
A-60
PTS-30

What label of Anorak do you wear? :wink:

R'Albin
12-09-2011, 07:16 PM
What label of Anorak do you wear? :wink:

nortonhibby
12-09-2011, 07:21 PM
In descending order;

P-39
W-17
D-9
L-13
F-62
A-51

P-39
W-15
D-9
L-15
F-50
A-45

Calderwood

P-39
W-10
D-7
L-22
F-39
A-59

P-39
W-7
D-14
L-18
F-46
A-60

Excellent work FH So CC Is bottom of the league in terms of points scored v games played hard to beleive anyone could be worse than the Duffster.

If in RPs shoes the Stats man the acountant figures rule RPs World lets look.

Yogi 7 more wins than CC
Mixu only 5 more wins but 11 more goals scored.
The Duffster the worst Manager in our History only lost 18 compared to CCs 22 ?

CC Has the worst goal difference at minus 20 goals yes you heard right minus 20.
The worst amount of points accrued over the same period yes even worse than Duffy CC wins the prize.

The least amount of goals scored after 39 games, you gueat it CC Gets the Trophy.
The most games lost 22 yes i know its scary but its a fact 22 out of 39.

Gols against the Duffster got the prize by one goal but the Duffsters joke team scored 46 compared to CCs 39.

Conclusion Mixu and Yogi miles better in stats but got fired for not being good enough, Duffster well what can i say officially the worst manager in living memory.

CC Out done by the Duffster in every department.

But CC Stays needs more time it seems.

Enjoy the Tennis FH Good work with the stats and as RP Says in CC We trust.:confused:

HFC 0-7
12-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Excellent work FH So CC Is bottom of the league in terms of points scored v games played hard to beleive anyone could be worse than the Duffster.

If in RPs shoes the Stats man the acountant figures rule RPs World lets look.

Yogi 7 more wins than CC
Mixu only 5 more wins but 11 more goals scored.
The Duffster the worst Manager in our History only lost 18 compared to CCs 22 ?

CC Has the worst goal difference at minus 20 goals yes you heard right minus 20.
The worst amount of points accrued over the same period yes even worse than Duffy CC wins the prize.

The least amount of goals scored after 39 games, you gueat it CC Gets the Trophy.
The most games lost 22 yes i know its scary but its a fact 22 out of 39.

Gols against the Duffster got the prize by one goal but the Duffsters joke team scored 46 compared to CCs 39.

Conclusion Mixu and Yogi miles better in stats but got fired for not being good enough, Duffster well what can i say officially the worst manager in living memory.

CC Out done by the Duffster in every department.

But CC Stays needs more time it seems.

Enjoy the Tennis FH Good work with the stats and as RP Says in CC We trust.:confused:

Calderwood has actually got a slightly better record than Duffy. Think your maths is a bit off.

nortonhibby
12-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Calderwood has actually got a slightly better record than Duffy. Think your maths is a bit off.

thank god im no very good wi figures i will sleep better tonight knowing i got it wrong and that the worst manager in oor history has a SLIGHTLY better record for how long:confused:

HFC 0-7
12-09-2011, 07:46 PM
thank god im no very good wi figures i will sleep better tonight knowing i got it wrong and that the worst manager in oor history has a SLIGHTLY better record for how long:confused:

Yup only slightly better, although it does show that we are probably easier to beat.

'Mon the Hibs
12-09-2011, 07:53 PM
:top marks well done FH. Top man.

.... it makes for sad reading, though :no way:

nortonhibby
12-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Yup only slightly better, although it does show that we are probably easier to beat.

what will it take in say the next 5 games for CC To beat the Duffstar and in your opinion when will the record be broken as officially the worst.

PatHead
12-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Interesting but depressing stats. Thanks. If it's not too much trouble how did JC compare? Doubt it was better than Yogi or Mixu as he had a terrible run as well....

HFC 0-7
12-09-2011, 08:01 PM
what will it take in say the next 5 games for CC To beat the Duffstar and in your opinion when will the record be broken as officially the worst.

I dont think there is much in it between him and duffy as being the worst manager. The team is equally as rank. I think Duffy at one point admitted he was finding it more difficult, here we have Calderwood saying he doesnt feel the pressure. IMO, calderwood needs to go, or I fear we could be staring at a relegation battle. I think a sign of how bad it has become is that people are saying that we will be safe in the end. We used to moan if a manager was showing form of possibly missing out on top 6, oh how we would long for a team flirting with the possibility of making the top 6!

nortonhibby
12-09-2011, 08:37 PM
I dont think there is much in it between him and duffy as being the worst manager. The team is equally as rank. I think Duffy at one point admitted he was finding it more difficult, here we have Calderwood saying he doesnt feel the pressure. IMO, calderwood needs to go, or I fear we could be staring at a relegation battle. I think a sign of how bad it has become is that people are saying that we will be safe in the end. We used to moan if a manager was showing form of possibly missing out on top 6, oh how we would long for a team flirting with the possibility of making the top 6!

We have the comfort thar Duffy was on the way out at this stage in his reign, in CCs reign we have RP Behind hIm and wanting to through money at CC:rolleyes:

IberianHibernian
12-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Are CC`s figures not even worse cause they include matches against bottom 6 teams while in Duffy`s time we were playing top teams in league as often as bottom ones ? Not sure it`s all about numbers anyway - for all the flak or derision Duffy gets ( understandable as we were relegated soon after he left ) his team did play some decent football at times ( I remember a 2v0 win against Aberdeen for example when Dons were still good compared with yesterday`s effort ) - he made too many changes in a short time maybe aware many fans were looking for a change after Miller years and I still think could have built a good team with a bit more luck . CC has also come in and changed the squad completely - if he doesn`t get a better offer from elsewhere and continues I think we`ll slowly climb the league to finish between 8th and 5th but with even more empty seats - we`ll be back to where we were when Williamson left .

Jonnyboy
12-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Given that he's an acknowledged wizard when it comes to figures, I wonder what RP would make of these :wink:

sadtom
12-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Nice work FH.
Incredibly damning stats, CC is a balloon and has to go.
As somebody already pointed out those figures will include a larger number of games v's bottom 6 teams. Also the lack of goals and the goal difference is appalling.
I think the most disturbing aspect is the 'style' of fitba. Duffy was poor, but the intention was at least attack minded if not pretty. Mixu i felt was similar to Duffy, attack minded but not enough fitba on the deck and a bit too much back to front. Yogi, i agreed with what he was trying to do, sometimes the fitba was good but a lot of the time the possession was overplayed and a bit pondereous, but at least we were trying to play in a 'modern' and expansive way.
The current clown has left us with absolutely no flair, imagination or ability in our midfield. CC's midfielders are there only with the intention of winning the ball back and being in a battle (something they still cant bloody do) when the opposition have it but the are redundant when we have the ball.
The fitba is backward and mindnumbingly dull.
I guess it would be too much info for even FH :wink:, but i'd love to know what the average possession figures were for each manager. I would hazzard a guess the Yogi's teams had 50% more than Coco the clowns (yet many on here were far quicker to dish out stick to Yogi).

Out of interest is anyone (and by that i mean FH, :greengrin) able to give all 4 managers total derby record, including goals for and against?

nortonhibby
12-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Nice work FH.
As somebody already pointed out those figures will include a larger number of games v's bottom 6 teams. Also the lack of goals and the goal difference is appalling.
I think the most disturbing aspect is the 'style' of fitba. Duffy was poor, but the intention was at least attack minded if not pretty. Mixu i felt was similar to Duffy, attack minded but not enough fitba on the deck and a bit too much back to front. Yogi, i agreed with what he was trying to do, sometimes the fitba was good but a lot of the time the possession was overplayed and a bit pondereous, but at least we were trying to play in a 'modern' and expansive way.
The current clown has left us with absolutely no flair, imagination or ability in our midfield. CC's midfielders are there only with the intention of winning the ball back and being in a battle (something they still cant bloody do) when the opposition have it but the are redundant when we have the ball.
I guess it would be too much info for even FH :wink:, but i'd love to know what the average possession figures were for each manager. I would hazzard a guess the Yogi's teams had 50% more than Coco the clowns (yet many on here were far quicker to dish out stick to Yogi).

Out of interest is anyone (and by that i mean FH, :greengrin) able to give all 4 managers total derby record, including goals for and against?

Mixu did well yogi and CC Have never won one its been a few years now since Mixu won at the PBS

Sir David Gray
12-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Interesting but depressing stats. Thanks. If it's not too much trouble how did JC compare? Doubt it was better than Yogi or Mixu as he had a terrible run as well....

Collins' overall record after 39 matches in charge;

P-39
W-16
D-12
L-11
F-63
A-45

Collins' record after 36 league matches in charge;

P-36
W-15
D-10
L-11
F-57
A-44
PTS-55

nortonhibby
12-09-2011, 10:27 PM
collins' overall record after 39 matches in charge;

p-39
w-16
d-12
l-11
f-63
a-45

collins' record after 36 league matches in charge;

p-36
w-15
d-10
l-11
f-57
a-44
pts-55

we won a cup

Sir David Gray
12-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Nice work FH.

Paatelainen

P-6
W-2
D-2
L-2
F-3
A-4

Hughes

P-4
W-0
D-2
L-2
F-3
A-5

Calderwood

P-4
W-0
D-1
L-3
F-2
A-7

Duffy

P-5
W-0
D-1
L-4
F-2
A-10

sadtom
13-09-2011, 02:33 AM
Paatelainen

P-6
W-2
D-2
L-2
F-3
A-4

Hughes

P-4
W-0
D-2
L-2
F-3
A-5

Calderwood

P-4
W-0
D-1
L-3
F-2
A-7

Duffy

P-5
W-0
D-1
L-4
F-2
A-10

Cheers
It's grim reading. Its like comparing cat s**t wi dug s**t. When push comes to shove it's aw s**t.
I wish i'd asked for McLeish's record. lol (won 5 drew 4 lost 1 for 19 against 9)

Crazy to think that the one draw Duffy got, coming back fae 2 down at swiney, might have been the result that relegated us. If we had lost duffy would have been out earlier and it might have gave big Ek enough time to save us from the drop.

Andy74
13-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Don'y worry. CC is only so bad because he had to manage the players Hughes left (please ignore the fact those crap players had a good record overall).

:wink:

smurf
13-09-2011, 08:25 AM
The similarity between CC and Duffy stats wise is a bit worrying...

matty_f
13-09-2011, 08:53 AM
The similarity between CC and Duffy stats wise is a bit worrying...It's more than a bit worrying, it's a massive concern. Petrie's argument was that when the chips were down and results mattered last season, CC got the points needed to keep us up.Well, results have mattered since the first ball of the season was kicked against Celtc and we have been found wanting in every game bar one. I hope we aren't expected to have our season hinge on a good five or six games again.There has to be an urgency to get results now, not when we are really up against it. I get the impression there is a feeling of 'there's always next week' at hibs. It's not on. There will come a point where next week is too late. Collective fingers need to be removed from ***** at Hibs. They need to be working harder, and working better.Calderwood has a reputation as a tough manager, well I'd like to see him being tough. His reputation is on the line but more importantly, much, much more importantly, the status and standing of Hibernian is on the line and it's about time CC publicly rattled some cages at Hibs to show exactly how hard they are working to right this mess.Calderwood said he's not feeling the pressure, well he ****ing well should be. There should be squeeky bums across the board at Hibs right now. They should be under no illussions at just how unacceptable current form and performances are.

Stevie Reid
13-09-2011, 09:31 AM
It's more than a bit worrying, it's a massive concern. Petrie's argument was that when the chips were down and results mattered last season, CC got the points needed to keep us up.Well, results have mattered since the first ball of the season was kicked against Celtc and we have been found wanting in every game bar one. I hope we aren't expected to have our season hinge on a good five or six games again.There has to be an urgency to get results now, not when we are really up against it. I get the impression there is a feeling of 'there's always next week' at hibs. It's not on. There will come a point where next week is too late. Collective fingers need to be removed from ***** at Hibs. They need to be working harder, and working better.Calderwood has a reputation as a tough manager, well I'd like to see him being tough. His reputation is on the line but more importantly, much, much more importantly, the status and standing of Hibernian is on the line and it's about time CC publicly rattled some cages at Hibs to show exactly how hard they are working to right this mess.Calderwood said he's not feeling the pressure, well he ****ing well should be. There should be squeeky bums across the board at Hibs right now. They should be under no illussions at just how unacceptable current form and performances are.

Absolutely spot on Matty, people are crazy if they don't believe that we are in a relegation battle - yes, after 6 games.

I remember Jonathan Woodgate acknowledging that Spurs were in a relegation battle when they were bottom of the league after 8 games in 2008 under Juande Ramos - Ramos was eventually sacked in late October (a manager who had won the UEFA Cup 2 years in succession at Seville before he came to Spurs, then won the League Cup in his first season there) with stats much better than Calderwood's. Redknapp came in and things improved, though Spurs were still battling at the wrong end of the table for much of that season (finished 8th eventually).

We neither have the quality of player that Spurs had, nor will we be able to get a manager of the quality of Redknapp - but once you are down there it is very hard to get out again.

smurf
13-09-2011, 10:33 AM
It's more than a bit worrying, it's a massive concern. Petrie's argument was that when the chips were down and results mattered last season, CC got the points needed to keep us up.Well, results have mattered since the first ball of the season was kicked against Celtc and we have been found wanting in every game bar one. I hope we aren't expected to have our season hinge on a good five or six games again.There has to be an urgency to get results now, not when we are really up against it. I get the impression there is a feeling of 'there's always next week' at hibs. It's not on. There will come a point where next week is too late. Collective fingers need to be removed from ***** at Hibs. They need to be working harder, and working better.Calderwood has a reputation as a tough manager, well I'd like to see him being tough. His reputation is on the line but more importantly, much, much more importantly, the status and standing of Hibernian is on the line and it's about time CC publicly rattled some cages at Hibs to show exactly how hard they are working to right this mess.Calderwood said he's not feeling the pressure, well he ****ing well should be. There should be squeeky bums across the board at Hibs right now. They should be under no illussions at just how unacceptable current form and performances are.

Spot on. With exception to this reputation CC has for being tough...

That he greeted the players off the park with warm handshakes after being deservedly defeated at home v St Mirren, having been humiliated the week previous v Killie, suggests something entirely different....

Not wanting Hughes style punching the dugout but at times he appears indifferent to our catastrophic sequence of results under his tenure....

matty_f
13-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Spot on. With exception to this reputation CC has for being tough...That he greeted the players off the park with warm handshakes after being deservedly defeated at home v St Mirren, having been humiliated the week previous v Killie, suggests something entirely different....Not wanting Hughes style punching the dugout but at times he appears indifferent to our catastrophic sequence of results under his tenure.... That was the point i was making- he came with a tough reputation, even Craig Brown commented on how tough a guy he is at the weekend, but we are not seeing it. Paulo Sergio has already booted backsides at the Yams and got them in for extra training. IMHO, that is precisely the sort of thing CC should be doing now.I mind Levein canceling holidays at ghe Yams because he was so annoyed at how the players were applying themselves. He set a standard, and that is something that CC has to do now.

Craig_in_Prague
13-09-2011, 10:56 AM

:top marks

Baader
13-09-2011, 11:07 AM
I work editing Football League highlights. Was watching manager post match interviews the other day and listening to Southampton's Nigel Adkins and Brighton's Gus Poyet talking about their tactics during a match and how they changed them to get results on the weekend. Adkins was saying how he changed his side's formation to get the winning goal and then changed it again to hold onto their lead. Poyet mentioned how his team can play in a variety of ways according to how a game develops and who he uses.

Clear to see they are managers who really understand the game and the strengths and weaknesses of the players they have at their disposal. Got me thinking of Calderwood in comparison. I've never heard him talk analytically about a match like that and really making sense. We seem aimless, without any clear tactics and players not seeming to know what they should be doing. I think we have a pretty decent squad - maybe a bit shaky at the back - but it is the manager's inadequacies that worry me.

smurf
13-09-2011, 11:10 AM
That was the point i was making- he came with a tough reputation, even Craig Brown commented on how tough a guy he is at the weekend, but we are not seeing it. Paulo Sergio has already booted backsides at the Yams and got them in for extra training. IMHO, that is precisely the sort of thing CC should be doing now.I mind Levein canceling holidays at ghe Yams because he was so annoyed at how the players were applying themselves. He set a standard, and that is something that CC has to do now.

Paulo Sergio was laying down the law re fitness etc at the Yams as our guy was either on a sabbatical with his Mrs or scouting in Europe...

Only sceptical cynics (like me!) believe the former but at this moment in time the latter is the wrong priority.

I wouldn't imagine a more vigorous east mains regime would suit CC.

Cropley10
13-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Don'y worry. CC is only so bad because he had to manage the players Hughes left (please ignore the fact those crap players had a good record overall).

:wink:

I love that line of thinking. I could mention the before he had his own players, and after he'd avoided relegation angle too :whistle:

connerg
13-09-2011, 07:37 PM
AFTER 36 LEAGUE GAMES

Paatelainen

P-36
W-14
D-8
L-14
F-44
A-41
PTS-50

Hughes

P-36
W-14
D-8
L-14
F-50
A-49
PTS-50

Calderwood

P-36
W-9
D-6
L-21
F-34
A-58
PTS-33

Duffy

P-36
W-6
D-12
L-18
F-41
A-60
PTS-30

That is worrying, we are in a mess with CC and the board!!

nortonhibby
13-09-2011, 07:54 PM
AFTER 36 LEAGUE GAMES

Paatelainen

P-36
W-14
D-8
L-14
F-44
A-41
PTS-50

Hughes

P-36
W-14
D-8
L-14
F-50
A-49
PTS-50

Calderwood

P-36
W-9
D-6
L-21
F-34
A-58
PTS-33

Duffy

P-36
W-6
D-12
L-18
F-41
A-60
PTS-30

To Be Fair to CC When comparing CCs record v our worst ever Manager CC Has 3 more wins, and 3 more points.

However the Duffsters team scored 7 more goals and conceeded 2 more we can look again in say 3 weeks If FH Would be so kind to refresh the results.

Can the Duffsters Appauling record be beaten ? Having been through it id say not possible but matbee CC Can do it.:confused:

PatHead
13-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Collins' overall record after 39 matches in charge;

P-39
W-16
D-12
L-11
F-63
A-45

Collins' record after 36 league matches in charge;

P-36
W-15
D-10
L-11
F-57
A-44
PTS-55

Thanks FH. Much better than I remembered. Am I correct in saying we didn;t win between League Cup win and last game of season v Celtic reserves? Bit like Yogi's reign

1875 NO 1
13-09-2011, 08:13 PM
That was the point i was making- he came with a tough reputation, even Craig Brown commented on how tough a guy he is at the weekend, but we are not seeing it. Paulo Sergio has already booted backsides at the Yams and got them in for extra training. IMHO, that is precisely the sort of thing CC should be doing now.I mind Levein canceling holidays at ghe Yams because he was so annoyed at how the players were applying themselves. He set a standard, and that is something that CC has to do now.

I agree but the problem is CC likes time off to get back down south so the players get too many days off.

Petrie should be cancelling all days off until things improve dramatically. East Mains is hardly used by the first team. Less than 10 hours per week. It shows!!!!

Everybody at ER should be in no doubt 2nd best attitudes aint accetable at ER. If people dont like it GTF. That includes the misguided individual who came up with the £20 rip off corporate deal too.

PatHead
13-09-2011, 08:19 PM
I agree but the problem is CC likes time off to get back down south so the players get too many days off.

Petrie should be cancelling all days off until things improve dramatically. East Mains is hardly used by the first team. Less than 10 hours per week. It shows!!!!

Everybody at ER should be in no doubt 2nd best attitudes aint accetable at ER. If people dont like it GTF. That includes the misguided individual who came up with the £20 rip off corporate deal too.

How do you know?

matty_f
13-09-2011, 08:22 PM

That's definitely not true.

1875 NO 1
13-09-2011, 08:28 PM
That's definitely not true.
Yes it is. Source - 1st team players.

Less than 10 hours a week is spent on the training pitch with the manager/coaches. They get a day off during the week and spend under 2hrs a day training.

Some players do some gym work in the afternnon.

You go down east mains after they have had lunch and there aint many players about

DH1875
13-09-2011, 08:58 PM
So in short Mixu has been our best manager in recent years :dizzy:.

nortonhibby
13-09-2011, 09:10 PM

By a country mile who was last in charge when we won a match at the PBS Think back.

StevieC
14-09-2011, 08:12 AM
East Mains is hardly used by the first team. Less than 10 hours per week.

Less than 10 hours a week is spent on the training pitch with the manager/coaches.

Not quite the same thing.

East Mains has, as you've pointed out with gym time, a lot more to it than a training pitch.

Traditionally footballers have started at 10 and been done and dusted by 1pm, it's probably the same at every other "full time" team in Scotland. A bit harsh to point the finger at Calderwood for a training regime that has been going on since the 70's.

Collins is the only manager I know that wanted to change this, possibly part of the reason for the player revolt.

There could also be an argument that too much time on the training pitch could "burn-out" players and that a couple of hours a day is enough.

Craig_in_Prague
14-09-2011, 08:25 AM
Not quite the same thing.

East Mains has, as you've pointed out with gym time, a lot more to it than a training pitch.

Traditionally footballers have started at 10 and been done and dusted by 1pm, it's probably the same at every other "full time" team in Scotland. A bit harsh to point the finger at Calderwood for a training regime that has been going on since the 70's.

Collins is the only manager I know that wanted to change this, possibly part of the reason for the player revolt.

There could also be an argument that too much time on the training pitch could "burn-out" players and that a couple of hours a day is enough.

The best players in the world, stay on the training ground for many extra hours, practicing and practicing. Working on your technique or conditioning is not going to burn players out.
Because something has been the 'norm' for many years, doesn't mean we shouldn't change.
No coincedence at international level, that Scotland has fell behind, we're an unfit shower and players are too comfertable - knock them out of their comfort zone and get them fitter and stronger. That thing called passing to a team mate on the ground should be practiced as well, and then trying to repeat it. It's not impossible.

truehibernian
14-09-2011, 08:32 AM

Very true regards Levein matty. Without divulging the name of the player, when he was in charge of Hearts, I was very impressed at the way he took charge of a certain situation I had an involvement with and the emphasis he placed on club discipline off the field. He may not be everyone's cup of tea but he is big on discipline. In fact, Hearts at that time were quite impressive the way they dealt with it I have to say, and it was not even football related, more the off field behaviour of the player. Levein got involved and took charge immediately he found out about it.

StevieC
14-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Because something has been the 'norm' for many years, doesn't mean we shouldn't change.

I agree, I was all for the changes Collins wanted to introduce.

I was simply pointing out that it was unfair to use the current training regime as an excuse for further Calderwood bashing.

Craig_in_Prague
14-09-2011, 08:58 AM

I was simply pointing out that it was unfair to use the current training regime as an excuse for further Calderwood bashing.

sure, and agree.

For full time sportsmen in this day and age with the facilities on offer and amount of support/help available through sports science / condition training etc, it bugs me you watch Hibs/SPL games and wonder what they're doing all week.

IWasThere2016
14-09-2011, 09:18 AM

By a country mile who was last in charge when we won a match at the PBS Think back.

If he'd ditched his silly diamond midfield and adopted the passing philosophy he had at Kille we'd be in a much happier place now.

No question IMHO.

truehibernian
14-09-2011, 09:21 AM
sure, and agree.

For full time sportsmen in this day and age with the facilities on offer and amount of support/help available through sports science / condition training etc, it bugs me you watch Hibs/SPL games and wonder what they're doing all week.

I was reliably informed that John Hughes tried to get Raleigh Gowrie from Stirling University to work for Hibs full-time doing exactly that. I believe the offer was turned down due the lack of certainty the position had i.e if Hughes/manager got the bullet.

Stevie Reid
14-09-2011, 09:22 AM
If he'd ditched his silly diamond midfield and adopted the passing philosophy he had at Kille we'd be in a much happier place now.

No question IMHO.

Mixu only became a better manager by leaving Hibs and taking a year out and travelling the world studying different teams' playing styles and training methods, much like Ian Holloway did before becoming manager at Blackpool. The change would not have come about had he remained at Hibs.

If Mixu's team were to play CC's team, Mixu's Hibs would win comprehensively. It would be a really ***** game though.

Kato
14-09-2011, 09:34 AM

I think Eremenko had more to do with the passing philosophy than Mixu did.

Much like how Latapy made Hughes' Falkirk team look like a slick passing machine.

WIth those two they need brains on the park as their is very little in the dug-out.

HFC 0-7
14-09-2011, 09:41 AM

I dont think its unfair at all. As a manager with the tools and facilities available, he should be able to see where we are falling short and try and counter it. If that means longer training and less days off the so be it. I wouldnt get away in my job with the excuse that its historically be done in such a way therefore I wont change it. Its pretty obvious to me that because Hibs have been underachieving more often than not that bigger changes are required and not falling into line with how things have done previously.