PDA

View Full Version : Who wants Calderwood to remain Manager

Last Minute
12-09-2011, 02:15 PM
1. Yes

2. No

Last Minute
12-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Don't like doing Threads like this, but the time has come for change.

It's a big No for me

Last Minute
12-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Was that you Rod that said yes :confused:

Robinho08
12-09-2011, 02:24 PM
I voted No.

cabbageandribs1875
12-09-2011, 02:30 PM
can someone do a poll on who didn't want CC in the first place ? :confused: :wink:

Last Minute
12-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Don't get me wrong, I don't like being Negative about our club, but I think must of us have had enough and it's about time the Club Knew how we feel. something has to be done Now.

greenlex
12-09-2011, 02:44 PM
If its a snapshot of where we are right at this minute then only a fool or a Yam would vote yes. Another handful of games and I might vote.

Allant1981
12-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Well im not a fool and defo not a yam but i think things will turn out ok

greenlex
12-09-2011, 03:11 PM
I hope they do but what makes you think they will? I was hoping to see something on the park after he got his players in. I dont see that yet. I hope there is enough improvement when they are all up to SPL speed and fit but I am yet to be convinced. The next few games are huge for him so my fingers are crossed and I hope he is getting his out.

Allant1981
12-09-2011, 03:14 PM
He seems to have pretty much a full squad of fit players now so hopefully we will see a settled side which i think has been a big problem, that team yesterday is a decent enough side, get a couple of wins to get the confidence back and i think we will be ok. Maybe im just to optimistic for my own good

sunshine1875
12-09-2011, 03:20 PM

LTYF.......:greengrin

I am afraid that CC will never be a football manager and the sooner we ditch him the better. He has made us into a complete and utter joke of a team.

Can someone explain to me what his football gameplan is? Because, I don't see it?

Dashing Bob S
12-09-2011, 03:21 PM
I was all for giving the manager time, as I think we're all aware that a big revamp is needed, but you look to a new boss in a very poor league to at least get something out of two different sets of players. His record here though, is utterly deplorable, and the excuses get more lame with every passing week of mediocrity. It hasn't worked out, indeed, it's been another disaster for the club. We can't win a game to save ourselves, our support shrinks with every game due to the eye-bleeding football on display. Time to cut our losses. Don't envy the next guy.

heretoday
12-09-2011, 03:21 PM
CC is starting to give me the creeps a bit. His facial expressions bear no relation to the cliches coming out of his mouth. Me feel uneasy.

Me want the Tango Man in. At least you know where you are with him.

Stevie Reid
12-09-2011, 03:26 PM
If its a snapshot of where we are right at this minute then only a fool or a Yam would vote yes. Another handful of games and I might vote.

Ridiculous statement in many ways, not least because the Jambos will be praying that he keeps his job - they were devastated when Mixu went, and then Yogi. They'll be thinking they've hit the jackpot now.

greenlex
12-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Ridiculous statement in many ways, not least because the Jambos will be praying that he keeps his job - they were devastated when Mixu went, and then Yogi. They'll be thinking they've hit the jackpot now.
So how is it ridiculous? :confused:

sunshine1875
12-09-2011, 03:31 PM
CC is starting to give me the creeps a bit. His facial expressions bear no relation to the cliches coming out of his mouth. Me feel uneasy.

Me want the Tango Man in. At least you know where you are with him.

100% correct. Get him in now to steady the ship

MrRobot
12-09-2011, 03:33 PM
I voted no. I have backed him until recently. We arent improving and we are far too easy to beat. We have no tactics, no gameplan and our defence is utter sh*t.

I just hope we pay the right money to get a hood manager in. I would like to see Steve Clarke(think thats his name) but we wont pay the wage.

Stevie Reid
12-09-2011, 03:34 PM
So how is it ridiculous? :confused:

My apologies, didn't stop to think and misread the meaning! I'll be off :taxi

MotherSuperior
12-09-2011, 03:37 PM
He seems to lack the bottle and tactical nous to set out a team capable of outplaying the opposition.

Minging to watch, and practically always ruins my weekends!!!

Obviously i want any hibs manager to be successful, and it's nothing personal, but he is showing no signs of improvement, and I think we need to make a change.

Really frustating having to change managers so often, but the tache keeps on picking the wrong men for the job.

greenlex
My apologies, misread the meaning! :taxi
No apology needed. I do it all the time.:greengrin

JimBHibees
I think he needs to at least be given until the end of the month and see where we are after games v Pars, Utd, Saints.

Stevie Reid
12-09-2011, 03:38 PM
No apology needed. I do it all the time.:greengrin

:aok:

sunshine1875
12-09-2011, 03:40 PM
I think he needs to at least be given until the end of the month and see where we are after games v Pars, Utd, Saints.

Funny, that's what the Pars, United and Saints fans are saying too!

JimBHibees
12-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Funny, that's what the Pars, United and Saints fans are saying too!

Maybe so Aberdeen didnt beat us so whose to say they three will.

greenlex
12-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Thats where I am Jim. The next window and we are clear of the relegation dog fight and he should see the season out before we see where we are. In trouble and no sign of improvement going into the next window and he should be removed.
No wins and same old rubbish on the park over the next 5 games and the panic button should be pressed. I would be surprised if other managers have not already been sounded out with a view to that scenario happening.

hibiedude
12-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Our problems are not just at the door step of Calderwood- Petrie's time is also up

HibsMax
12-09-2011, 03:50 PM
I voted YES (and I'm not RP). I gave the guy until Christmas and it's not even Hallowe'en yet.....although results are horrifying.

Like yesterday's result or not, it's still an improvement. Am I getting excited about that? Hardly but I am happy to get ONE point than ZERO points. I don't think it's realistic to expect a massive reversal of fortunes so I will take what I can until we finally click (or until Christmas).

JimBHibees
12-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Thats where I am Jim. The next window and we are clear of the relegation dog fight and he should see the season out before we see where we are. In trouble and no sign of improvement going into the next window and he should be removed.
No wins and same old rubbish on the park over the next 5 games and the panic button should be pressed. I would be surprised if other managers have not already been sounded out with a view to that scenario happening.

I would imagine that is exactly where we are at the moment.

H18sry
12-09-2011, 03:57 PM
So we ditch CC, another manager comes in and does not like the player's at the club he has to get rid of all the players not in his plan's, 1 year down the line, when new manager's new player's are still trying to gel, do we go through this all again?

So for that reason I voted keep him :agree: We need stability at the moment and changing a manager every 12-18 months does not give you stability, We need to let this team find there feet, we have a good enough squad to climb the league starting with a win in Fife :thumbsup:

Zander
12-09-2011, 03:58 PM
He has to go

At the moment can't see where the next win is going to come from.

We got relegated because we waited too long to get Duff Jimmy out and this is going to happen again under CC

The man has one tactic - hoof it as high and hard as you can and hope for the best

greenginger
12-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Don't want Calderwood as manager but another 6 week process of the Board interviewing candidates, Rod negotiations with present employer, background checks and the rest and then the usual excuses of the new manager needing to bring his own team in just fill me with dread.

Were in a deep hole now and somebody needs to give the Board an almighty rocket, and let them know, that there will be no more £100 K salaries or the chance of the SFA Presidency for ROD if things go on the way they are going.

Over to you Sir Tom, just pretend its your star tyre and exhaust centre thats lost half its customers --------- backsides would'nt touch the ground on the way out !

down the slope
12-09-2011, 04:03 PM
So we ditch CC, another manager comes in and does not like the player's at the club he has to get rid of all the players not in his plan's, 1 year down the line, when new manager's new player's are still trying to gel, do we go through this all again?

So for that reason I voted keep him :agree: We need stability at the moment and changing a manager every 12-18 months does not give you stability, We need to let this team find there feet, we have a good enough squad to climb the league starting with a win in Fife :thumbsup:

We don't need this type of stability !, we are still in touch with the other losers but if this goes on for much longer there will be no way back.

sunshine1875
12-09-2011, 04:09 PM

Yes, but the difference is we get a manager in who knows how to manage.

CC was never going to be a success. He knew SFA about the SPL, his communication skills are poor and it is clear that he doesn't want to be here.

It is time we ditched all of this signing managers who are unproven or want to use Hibs as a stepping stone and get in someone who has a proven record in managing teams. A review of my posts will show who I want!

On that subject, I think Hibs fans need to lose this "we don't want a Hun / Yam as a manager".

sadtom
12-09-2011, 04:23 PM
There are still 20% of blind nutters out there who want this incompetant diddy anywhere near our club!!!! It beggars belief.
CC said he'd sacrifice style over substance. He's certainly managed half the job.
How in hell is a man who cant motivate, organise, inspire or spot a player, who is trying to play the game the WRONG way still get cut so much slack.
Its got to the opoint now that i dont want CC to have any success as it means he'll be at ER longer. I am not paying to watch my team try to out-hun the hertz in terms of fitba 'style'.
Won't be back til he's gone.
A 1st class arse of a manager. Do one.

HibsMax
12-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Don't want Calderwood as manager but another 6 week process of the Board interviewing candidates, Rod negotiations with present employer, background checks and the rest and then the usual excuses of the new manager needing to bring his own team in just fill me with dread.

Were in a deep hole now and somebody needs to give the Board an almighty rocket, and let them know, that there will be no more £100 K salaries or the chance of the SFA Presidency for ROD if things go on the way they are going.

Over to you Sir Tom, just pretend its your star tyre and exhaust centre thats lost half its customers --------- backsides would'nt touch the ground on the way out !

I genuinely believe the board know what is going on. Some people give the board pelters for being only concerned with off-field / financial matters. Those same people should realise that if the board were solely interested in money then having a pish team is the totally wrong way to go about filling the coffers. The two go hand in hand.

I also believe that if there was a better candidate out there then the board would have (or could have) used the Notts Forest / Birmingham interest to capitalise on that. But nothing happened. That hinted to me that there is nobody out there who is both interested and competent enough for Hibs to consider.

There is no guarantee that bringing anyone else in at this point would turn things around for us so better the devil you know. Put it this way, people thought things couldn't get worse after Yogi and, so far, they have been proved wrong....things haven't gotten better. If we punt CC now things could get worse still. That's part of the reason why I want to persist with him. For a while longer at least.

down the slope
12-09-2011, 04:32 PM
I genuinely believe the board know what is going on. Some people give the board pelters for being only concerned with off-field / financial matters. Those same people should realise that if the board were solely interested in money then having a pish team is the totally wrong way to go about filling the coffers. The two go hand in hand.

I also believe that if there was a better candidate out there then the board would have (or could have) used the Notts Forest / Birmingham interest to capitalise on that. But nothing happened. That hinted to me that there is nobody out there who is both interested and competent enough for Hibs to consider.

There is no guarantee that bringing anyone else in at this point would turn things around for us so better the devil you know. Put it this way, people thought things couldn't get worse after Yogi and, so far, they have been proved wrong....things haven't gotten better. If we punt CC now things could get worse still. That's part of the reason why I want to persist with him. For a while longer at least.

Eh , we are bottom of the league , how can it get any worse ? !!!.

HibsMax
12-09-2011, 04:33 PM
There are still 20% of blind nutters out there who want this incompetant diddy anywhere near our club!!!! It beggars belief.
CC said he'd sacrifice style over substance. He's certainly managed half the job.
How in hell is a man who cant motivate, organise, inspire or spot a player, who is trying to play the game the WRONG way still get cut so much slack.
Its got to the opoint now that i dont want CC to have any success as it means he'll be at ER longer. I am not paying to watch my team try to out-hun the hertz in terms of fitba 'style'.
Won't be back til he's gone.
A 1st class arse of a manager. Do one.

I'm neither blind or a nutter thank you very much. I just have a different opinion than others on how we should be approaching this current challenge.

To answer your question (for the millionth time, slight exaggeration) he's been given this much slack, by me and some others, because we want stability. We don't think that changing them manager every year or so is the way to go forward. We've tried that and it didn't work. Let's try something different and see what happens.

HibsMax
12-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Eh , we are bottom of the league , how can it get any worse ? !!!.

It could get worse by us staying at the bottom and then being relegated. It could get better by us improving in form and climbing the table. QED.

HFC 0-7
12-09-2011, 04:52 PM
I'm neither blind or a nutter thank you very much. I just have a different opinion than others on how we should be approaching this current challenge.

To answer your question (for the millionth time, slight exaggeration) he's been given this much slack, by me and some others, because we want stability. We don't think that changing them manager every year or so is the way to go forward. We've tried that and it didn't work. Let's try something different and see what happens.

Correct me if I am wrong, but keeping a manager that is failing by his and his employers standards isnt keeping things stable, its the same with any other business. Maybe he would be cut a bit slack and given a chance to turn things around if there were signs of improvement but there most certainly isnt. IMO, if the club wants stability they need to do whats needed to keep money coming into the club, both in the short term and long term. The projections for the bank balance must be starting to look pretty bad. Its very difficult to get fans back to the club, especially in todays climate, so to continue with the current product and driving fans away is not a good idea.

So in summary, keeping a manager that has had a lot of time to get the team playing and bring in players but is still performing badly, who's teams performances are driving away fans is not in anyway going to give the club stability. Calderwood will say that he needs time for players to gel and get fit. He has had plenty of time IMO, we will be in the same place next season with all the players out of contract at the end of the season so we cant let this happen again.

Its got that bad that the only positives we can take from a game is that we kept a clean sheet against the worst team in the SPL in terms of scoring goals. That is where we are right now, bottom of the league thankful of keeping a clean sheet against a team that struggles to score full stop.

Captain Trips
12-09-2011, 05:23 PM
We needed a manager with guile, tactical accumen and some energy at the time he took over, I said after 2 months that he appreared to not be offering us anything new as a manager and I feared he may be worse than the previous, I stick by this today he is and it appears never was the right man to build Hibs with the tools he was given, yet another error on football matters from upstairs.

persevere1875
12-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Ive voted yes, not because I think he's doing a good job, not because I even believe the guy's got potential to turn us around and turn us into world beaters (ive long given up on that one Im afraid), but because I firmly believe our current squad will get us out of this situation and will deliver a mid table return from the season, as such i dont believe changing the manager YET AGAIN will do Hibernian F.C any good.

Do i believe that a mid table finish is acceptable ? No I dont, I expect and demand better from my football team. The problem is currently we must be one of the most unattractive prospects for any incoming manager, How many times have we changed managers recently ? and until we stop the merry go round of managerial changes and get some stability into the club, even if that means accepting mediocrity for a couple of seasons, we'll never be an atractive proposition to anyone of any class.

Dinkydoo
12-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Didn't vote because I cany be bothered getting the laptop out but I'll give him another four games.

I think i've defended him quite valiantly in the past - especially after the derby :greengrin - but I'm not going to defend him when we aren't improving.

There needs to be big improvement.

iwasthere1972
12-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Was disappointed when he was appointed as manager and the quicker we get rid of him the better. Hibs should have banked the £300K that Notts Forest were offering months ago. He's had nearly a full year and his record is absolutely appalling.

CALDERWOOD OUT. :agree:

Sir David Gray
12-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Not happy at all with what's happening at the club just now but I said the other day that I would assess things at the end of this month, so after the St Johnstone game in a couple of weeks, I'll be happy to vote again.

BT58
12-09-2011, 06:24 PM
the board have backed him,,,they refused to acknowledge anything from NFFC/BRUM....
theyve let him build his own team,,,,they will give him time.........
the fans, however will have to suffer as recent results have shown, will desert this team,the way we are playing, who can blame them
football is a results product,,he aint delivering,,,,,but we, the fan have no say
the board have made a BIG mistake in keeping him,,,should have shown him to the sweetie shoppe
bt

Greenway
12-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Probably like most of us, I can see both sides, both the frustration and the desperation. I personally think our manager is less than inspiring and the results themselves are bad enough, but the football is also so very poor to watch. The crowds are disappearing fast and nothing seems to be changing at the moment.

However having said that, I don't see much difference from what I've been watching for the last 4 years. So I think we have to keep going with what we're trying to build. I can only imagine that Calderwood will improve over time, as will the team performances. The new players will take some time to gel and create understanding and the fact we are giving some of our younger players a chance can only be a good thing long term. There really isn't that much of a difference in standard throughout this league and I think it will only take a small improvement from us to see things start turning our way.

I personally can't see how pressing the reset button yet again will give us any better results than we've been getting over the last few years. Our only hope is to give this a chance to see were it takes us. I know some think it will take us to the First Division, but I'm a little more optimistic than that and think we will soon start to see the benefits of a settled side. Certainly the pressure is not helping us and nothing can change that except some good results.

It's still going to be painful for us in the short term, of that there is no doubt. However, I think we have to stick it out, or we're just going to go through this all over again. I remember how we ditched Mixu (I agreed at the time), only for Killie to step in and benefit from our reluctance to persevere with him. I think Calderwood and the team will come good if given the time. I really can't see any better options for us , unless of course there are any Middle East billionaires out there just desperate to get involved in the SPL.........?

Thought not..... :wink:

bod
12-09-2011, 06:37 PM
i voted yes, there too many unemployed in this country already

MrSmith
12-09-2011, 06:38 PM
I voted yes because I hate this manager merry-go-round!

However, as the position becomes ever more untenable, I fully expect him to fall on his sword!

Hibernian FC Should not be languishing at the bottom of the table!

Albion Hibs
12-09-2011, 07:20 PM
I have voted yes for all of the same reasons that I have given over the past few weeks. Yesterdays game has not altered my opinion in anyway.

HibsMax
12-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but keeping a manager that is failing by his and his employers standards isnt keeping things stable, its the same with any other business. Maybe he would be cut a bit slack and given a chance to turn things around if there were signs of improvement but there most certainly isnt. IMO, if the club wants stability they need to do whats needed to keep money coming into the club, both in the short term and long term. The projections for the bank balance must be starting to look pretty bad. Its very difficult to get fans back to the club, especially in todays climate, so to continue with the current product and driving fans away is not a good idea.

I know what you mean. There are many ways to measure stability. I was meaning in terms of keeping the same man in charge. For the record, we ARE stable, unfortunately we're stable pish. Everyone will see things differently and that's to be expected. Everyone will have their own tolerances and that's also to be expected. One person might think a team needs X games to show something while someone else would say Y. There is nothing to really make me think he's the right man but I still want him to get until Christmas......but my opinion may very well change if we lose every game between now and then. It just worries me that we bring someone in and give them less than a year to make a difference. Given our resources I think we are being a little optimistic. I know things are rough right now but sometimes that's the way it goes. Right now we have 4 losses out of 6 and that's horrendous. But what if we ended up the season with 4 losses out of 38? It wouldn't look as bad then. I'm not saying for a second that's the way things will go. I don't know how easy it is to find out but I am sure there are examples of teams (all sports) that have started off poorly and then picked it up part way through their season. I guess there is a part of me that is hoping that we have found a man who can turn things around at Hibs, even though the results and performance would seem to indicate otherwise. All I can do in these situations is recall events that have happened to me in my past. The only really competitive team sport / game I have taken part in is 8-ball (pool). I have had good streaks and bad streaks. I would have been gutted if my team punted me during a bad streak. Not really apples to apples but the closest thing that I can personally equate this to.

So in summary, keeping a manager that has had a lot of time to get the team playing and bring in players but is still performing badly, who's teams performances are driving away fans is not in anyway going to give the club stability. Calderwood will say that he needs time for players to gel and get fit. He has had plenty of time IMO, we will be in the same place next season with all the players out of contract at the end of the season so we cant let this happen again.

Here we slightly disagree. 6 competitive games is not plenty of time in my opinion. I agree that we should be seeing signs of improvement and it baffles me as to why we're still not seeing that.

Its got that bad that the only positives we can take from a game is that we kept a clean sheet against the worst team in the SPL in terms of scoring goals. That is where we are right now, bottom of the league thankful of keeping a clean sheet against a team that struggles to score full stop.
Grab all the positives you can. We KNOW we're in dire straights and so while getting a draw against a crappy team is not cause to break out the champagne it is better than losing and it's the best SPL results we've had for a while. As bad a result as we think it is it could be a turning point. I'm not fooling myself into thinking that Sunday was a launchpad to a great season but amn't going to turn everything into a negative either.

Anyway, we all have our own yardsticks and mine reaches until Christmas. Another reason for that is that if we did line someone else up, that would give them the winter window to play with. Right now a new manager would be operating within the confines of whatever legacy CC leaves behind him.

DCI Gene Hunt
12-09-2011, 08:28 PM
A difficult one to call I think.

To me we still have the same problems we had at the start of Mixu's reign, only much worse now. Three different managers have not solved the same issues it would seem, so would bringing in yet another manager do anything to solve the issues... which seem to run deeper than team level... also who is there to take over? A period of stability is always a good thing and if we allow CC more time to accomplish his work then things may very well turn around.

There again, CC has had ample time to have effect. To me the team still runs about the park seemingly almost clueless, the defence is complete and utter keech and we can't keep basic possession. The standard of play is still achingly poor and it would seem that the blatantly obvious problems that the fans have seen week after week and shouted about at games and on Hibs.net for the past three seasons still haven't been taken action on.

Yesterday's game was incredibly poor and I find it hard to see any glimmer of hope at all for the near future. The fact that we scraped a draw against another team also playing very poor football at the moment is simply not good enough. Yes the season is still in its early stages but we remain anchored at the bottom of the table with a long string of very poor results and with no real signs of improvement yet. Although it's early stages yet time is not on CC's (or Hibs') side and before long we will end up in a relegation dogfight at this rate.

For that reason I voted "No". Nothing against CC but Hibs' record has gotten worse under his management and I fail to see any bright future at ER with CC in charge.

I hate to be so negative but that's the reality of current affairs.

Gene

Houchy
12-09-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm concerned that the damage done since 2007 is terminal and that even if we do somehow get up into the top 6, the players will get nosebleeds from their dizzy heights and, themselves, will start to believe (if they've not already) that they are a bottom 6 club then retreat back to their comfort zone of 8th.

I don't think the players or CC realise that we are actually one of the big fish in the little pond that is the SPL.

edwards
12-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Why do we want to persist with this man NO NO NO NO NO NO NO his record has been abysmal we are just kidding ourselves on if we actually believe Calderwood has what it takes to turn us into a force in Scottish Football.

Taxi

edwards
12-09-2011, 09:04 PM
What is the panic about changing manager we have to do that until we get the right man in place and when some english club takes him because how well he is doing we have to start all over again that is the name of the game.

My choice would be Butcher or O'Neill fi Shamrock think both of them would jump at the chance to manage Hibs.

Butcher is an excellent motivator, and O'Neill has just taken a bunch of second rate players and done well in Europe. If Hibs don't move quickly we will risk losing O'Neill to another club.

IberianHibernian
12-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Ive voted yes, not because I think he's doing a good job, not because I even believe the guy's got potential to turn us around and turn us into world beaters (ive long given up on that one Im afraid), but because I firmly believe our current squad will get us out of this situation and will deliver a mid table return from the season, as such i dont believe changing the manager YET AGAIN will do Hibernian F.C any good.

Do i believe that a mid table finish is acceptable ? No I dont, I expect and demand better from my football team. The problem is currently we must be one of the most unattractive prospects for any incoming manager, How many times have we changed managers recently ? and until we stop the merry go round of managerial changes and get some stability into the club, even if that means accepting mediocrity for a couple of seasons, we'll never be an atractive proposition to anyone of any class.Sadly I have to agree with this . I think CC and current squad will probably finish between 8th and 5th but with no entertainment value ( yesterday was kick and rush and players like Scott are the type of players I remember from Hearts teams of era of Jefferies as a player - industrial footballers ? ) . Also if CC goes now , who`ll replace him ? If Petrie and his colleagues have been doing their job they`ll have been monitoring possible new managers ( especially as CC may get another offer from England soon ) and have an interesting appointment in mind ( Michael O`N, Strachan , someone else from further afield ) but reality is that we`d probably end up with Jimmy Calderwood , Billy Brown or some other failure from Scotland . We`ve not had a decent cup run for a while and club is crying out for something to stir up support ( from lifelong and potential new supporters ) - appointment of a new manager now might help but reckon damage is done already and best hope is getting new people in ( on bench and higher up ) for next season since CC has signed a lot of players that won`t be here with next manager whoever he is .

Elephant Stone
12-09-2011, 09:34 PM
100% No.

Moulin Yarns
12-09-2011, 09:48 PM
So, let me get this right, about 160 fans out of something like 10,000 want CC to leave. Not very emphatic, is it???:-#

sesoim
12-09-2011, 09:53 PM
I was making it clear CC would be a bad appointment before he was even confirmed in the job. Petrie is a disgrace for appointing him. He might be clever with money, but he is bloody stupid when it comes to footballing decisions.

I reckon we will be lucky to pick up another 5 points by Christmas with CC in charge. Can anyone, even the happy clappers, seriously see us climbing the table, never mind finishing in the top four, which is where we bloody should be?

Until CC goes we are headed for relegation. And if Petrie gets the job of choosing the next manager, I think I'll cry.

smurf
12-09-2011, 10:25 PM
I think we really have no alternative but to stick by him until the end of this month. Pars away and two winnable home games. However, I have no faith in him whatsoever.

It really is the most depressing situation.

basehibby
12-09-2011, 10:30 PM
I voted yes - for the time being!

We had a thread on here about a week ago predicting what points we'd get over the next month. I stated my opinion that we should be able to garner at least 7 points from the 3 home games v Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Dundee Utd and the away fixture vs Dunfermline, otherwise Calderwood should go.

To my mind this gives him ample oportunity to demonstrate that the squad he's put together can perform under his guidance. So, barring a miserable hiding off Dunfermline for example I think it would be most perspicacious to give him this time. He has been backed reasonably well over the last two windows and this investment demands that his vision for the team be given a chance to gel into reality IMO.

Like everyone else, my patience is wearing thin though.

nortonhibby
12-09-2011, 10:41 PM
I voted yes - for the time being!

We had a thread on here about a week ago predicting what points we'd get over the next month. I stated my opinion that we should be able to garner at least 7 points from the 3 home games v Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Dundee Utd and the away fixture vs Dunfermline, otherwise Calderwood should go.

To my mind this gives him ample oportunity to demonstrate that the squad he's put together can perform under his guidance. So, barring a miserable hiding off Dunfermline for example I think it would be most perspicacious to give him this time. He has been backed reasonably well over the last two windows and this investment demands that his vision for the team be given a chance to gel into reality IMO.

Like everyone else, my patience is wearing thin though.

RP Agrees with you :flag:

oldbiker
13-09-2011, 08:01 AM
Sad to say I think he needs to go, he is a proven assistant manager but the step up to manager has proven not his forte.

He is not a natural leader and you can see that everytime it goes wrong, he is clueless about how to motivate and turn around a deficit.

We need a leader first and tactician second.

O

calumhibee1
13-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Can't understand people who want to give him till the end of this month - it's one of our easiest runs of the season and they want to let CC waste it. He's been given plenty time now to at least show a bit of improvement - which shouldn't have been hard with how bad we were under Yogi. With him in charge I reckon we'll get another 1 point (St Johnstone draw) from the next 3 league games and knocked out the cup. I didn't even think it was possible but we're getting ALOT worse.

Calderwood OUT. :bye:

bingo70
13-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Can't understand people who want to give him till the end of this month - it's one of our easiest runs of the season and they want to let CC waste it. He's been given plenty time now to at least show a bit of improvement - which shouldn't have been hard with how bad we were under Yogi. With him in charge I reckon we'll get another 1 point (St Johnstone draw) from the next 3 league games and knocked out the cup. I didn't even think it was possible but we're getting ALOT worse.

Can only speak for myself but i'd give him to the end of the month as i'm sick of changing managers so often and i don't think it's good for the club to go through another transitional period so i want to give him every possible chance to succeed and with the fixtures we've got coming up it's as good a chance as he's going to get.

If he fails this month, and TBH he's given us no reason to think he'll do anything other than fail, then there'll still be time to rescue the season with a new manager so there isn't a huge amount to gain by getting rid of him now but there's hundreds of thousands in compensation to lose if we don't give him every opportunity.

He has been pish though, no arguments there

Borderhibbie76
13-09-2011, 08:37 AM
I voted NO! I am totally against changing of managers every 12-18 months but really enough is enough! The football or lack of makes your eyes bleed and we are utterly honking...he must go and NOW!!!! And TBH Mr Petrie MUST go too as he is entirely to blame for this shambles we find ourselves in....every bit as much as CC!!!

matty_f
13-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Can only speak for myself but i'd give him to the end of the month as i'm sick of changing managers so often and i don't think it's good for the club to go through another transitional period so i want to give him every possible chance to succeed and with the fixtures we've got coming up it's as good a chance as he's going to get.If he fails this month, and TBH he's given us no reason to think he'll do anything other than fail, then there'll still be time to rescue the season with a new manager so there isn't a huge amount to gain by getting rid of him now but there's hundreds of thousands in compensation to lose if we don't give him every opportunity.He has been pish though, no arguments thereAgree with that. I very much doubt that cc is going to get anything other than inconsistently average performances from this squad and even if that's enough to keep us up it's not really what i expect from hibs. CC's job is on the line and it should remain so until top 6 is assured as a minimum and even then that would be a concession. I definitely don't want to become one of the spl clubs that goes season to season hoping for nothing better than staying up.

AlbertK86
13-09-2011, 08:48 AM
I have backed CC from the start of his reign and still hope that he can make a team out of what he has bought. I said we needed to give him time to build his own squad. Well he has done now. Let's see if he can get the blend right over the next few weeks.

I am prepared to take the pain for another few months to see if he can gel them.

Unfortunately I am not too optimistic.

Biggest worry for me is still the defence which annoys me as he was an international defender who I expected to sort this out first and foremost. Hanlon still looks a bombscare and Towell was a last minute panic buy if you ask me as he is okay but not a great defender. O'Hanlon I'm hoping has the passion and experience to make up for his lack of pace. Young Booth is fantastic on the ball and can create going forward but is defensively very poor. Yep Murray played in there on Sunday but would rather he went into central defence with O'Hanlon.

Bottom line is we should have signed better as what we have back there ain't good enough. Is that CC's fault or is it the board refusing to pay for quality? Who knows

Other main problem is lack of creativity. We have known that from the minute we sold Miller. Everybody slagged him of but he was an excellent player and to me the problem was the lack of quality around him. Nobody made the correct runs to take advantage of the vision he had and this in turn made it look like the majority of his pases were going astray.

Hoped CC would not stick to the hoof ball game but again my optimism looks like it has been misplaced as creativity doesn't seem to be a priority to him.

However I still think he should be given until Christmas to see if he can get them playing together. If we are still as pathetic as we are now come that time I'm afraid we will have to change yet again.

The big question will be then ...... HOW MANY CHANCES DOES RP GET as he seems to have consistently got it wrong and is costing the club a fortune in compensation. Make no bones about it ROD RULES THE ROOST AT ER

It would appear he is like a High Court Judge ....... makes ridiculous decisions and is answerable to no-one.......... appears that STF has put his complete faith in him and is not interested in getting involved !!

Stevie Reid
13-09-2011, 08:54 AM
People who would rather keep him because they are sick of changing managers really perplex me. As I think back, every manager we've had in since Duffy has given us at the very least a short term improvement, with the exception of Sauzee's very short tenure, and now Calderwood.

McLeish almost saved us from relegation.

Williamson arrested the slide we were on under Sauzee.

Mowbray was probably the biggest breath of fresh air we've ever had.

JC was in charge when we won the cup.

Mixu came in and secured our top 6 place with loads of games to spare.

Yogi had a tremendous run for over 6 months.

Yes, ideally we want more than short term gain, but the Calderwood project to build us up over a few seasons is a complete failure; and here's why it's the biggest failure ever - because he's taken us to where we are but in the process has convinced people that there is basically no hope that we will get better; the amount of people who think that changing the manager will have no effect on us is unbelievable, quite frankly. A short term gain will do nicely for now, we are bottom of the league FFS, and as people have pointed out there will be another chance for a manager to rebuild again soon with the number of players out of contract at the end of the season.

There is much more chance of a new manager coming in and doing better with the current squad than there is of Calderwood somehow turning things around IMO. And incidentally, bearing in mind that there are a few who will give him X amount of games, has any manager ever turned things around when it gets to this stage? It is generally accepted that Mark Robins goal saved Fergie from the sack, but generally when you're giving managers a number of games to save his job, the writing is surely on the wall.

Our situation reminds me of McGhee at Aberdeen last year - the inevitable eventually happened after him saving his job a couple of times (ironically at one stage after putting 4 past us in CC's first game). Though I'm pretty sure Aberdeen weren't bottom of the league this early, if at all.

bingo70
13-09-2011, 08:55 AM
I voted NO! I am totally against changing of managers every 12-18 months but really enough is enough! The football or lack of makes your eyes bleed and we are utterly honking...he must go and NOW!!!! And TBH Mr Petrie MUST go too as he is entirely to blame for this shambles we find ourselves in....every bit as much as CC!!!

In what way? Or do you mean just because it was him that appointed him?

Thats not a loaded question BTW i just keep hearing this and not sure what we want the board to do other than what they have done, I think something is rotten at the club and it doesnt appear to be the management so you might be right but i'm not sure what specifically Petrie has done wrong, other than appoint the wrong managers.

If thats what it is then fair enough as thats a big part of petries job but i do have a bit sympathy for him, in each case he's gone with the popular appointment (maybe not so much in CC but he certainly ticked all the boxes for what we were looking for at the time)

offshorehibby
13-09-2011, 08:56 AM
I haven't voted yet. I originally said Christmas to give time a chance but the longer this goes on i'm saying the end of the month to start seeing an improvement. Below is the email i received from Scott Lindsay yesterday.

Thank you for contacting the club. As you say, we have received a lot of correspondence following the match yesterday. The concerns being expressed are genuine and to a degree they are absolutely understandable. We do not expect to be bottom of the SPL and this is not acceptable to anyone at the club. There are no words that will change how we all feel - we simply must start winning matches.

I fully understand your comments as regards the 2 weeks on the training field. Sadly the reality is that from the day after the Derby match, 7 of our players left the club on international duty, meaning that the first day of full training with a full squad was Thursday 8th September. This is not an excuse, simply a fact of life. It does make it difficult to work on units within the team such as the back four when 3 of the 4 who started against Hearts were not able to train together until last Thursday.

Regardless of these comments, we should expect to see improvements soon as the squad should become more accustomed to playing together. We, and the Manager, believe that we have the right quality of player to allow us to move up the table.

We have not yet finalised the date for this year's AGM but hope to do so shortly.

Thanks again for your continued support.

Regards

Scott Lindsay

offshorehibby
13-09-2011, 08:57 AM
I haven't voted yet. I originally said Christmas to give time a chance but the longer this goes on i'm saying the end of the month to start seeing an improvement. Below is the email i received from Scott Lindsay yesterday.

Thank you for contacting the club. As you say, we have received a lot of correspondence following the match yesterday. The concerns being expressed are genuine and to a degree they are absolutely understandable. We do not expect to be bottom of the SPL and this is not acceptable to anyone at the club. There are no words that will change how we all feel - we simply must start winning matches.

I fully understand your comments as regards the 2 weeks on the training field. Sadly the reality is that from the day after the Derby match, 7 of our players left the club on international duty, meaning that the first day of full training with a full squad was Thursday 8th September. This is not an excuse, simply a fact of life. It does make it difficult to work on units within the team such as the back four when 3 of the 4 who started against Hearts were not able to train together until last Thursday.

Regardless of these comments, we should expect to see improvements soon as the squad should become more accustomed to playing together. We, and the Manager, believe that we have the right quality of player to allow us to move up the table.

We have not yet finalised the date for this year's AGM but hope to do so shortly.

Thanks again for your continued support.

Regards

Scott Lindsay

flash
13-09-2011, 08:57 AM
I will go with the guys who say give him til after the Dundee United game. If performances have not picked up by then he will have had a more than fair crack of the whip.

And it is performances not results because the former influences the latter anyway.

Dashing Bob S
13-09-2011, 09:26 AM
People who would rather keep him because they are sick of changing managers really perplex me. As I think back, every manager we've had in since Duffy has given us at the very least a short term improvement, with the exception of Sauzee's very short tenure, and now Calderwood.

Yes, ideally we want more than short term gain, but the Calderwood project to build us up over a few seasons is a complete failure; and here's why it's the biggest failure ever - because he's taken us to where we are but in the process has convinced people that there is basically no hope that we will get better; the amount of people who think that changing the manager will have no effect on us is unbelievable, quite frankly. A short term gain will do nicely for now, we are bottom of the league FFS, and as people have pointed out there will be another chance for a manager to rebuild again soon with the number of players out of contract at the end of the season.

There is much more chance of a new manager coming in and doing better with the current squad than there is of Calderwood somehow turning things around IMO. And incidentally, bearing in mind that there are a few who will give him X amount of games, has any manager ever turned things around when it gets to this stage? It is generally accepted that Mark Robins goal saved Fergie from the sack, but generally when you're giving managers a number of games to save his job, the writing is surely on the wall.

Our situation reminds me of McGhee at Aberdeen last year - the inevitable eventually happened after him saving his job a couple of times (ironically at one stage after putting 4 past us in CC's first game). Though I'm pretty sure Aberdeen weren't bottom of the league this early, if at all.

Top post, Stevie.

Expecting Rain
13-09-2011, 09:59 AM
What is more depressing than the incompetence of Calderwood at the moment is the view that we have a lot of good players, have the expectations and standards dropped that much over the years?

AlbertK86
13-09-2011, 10:14 AM
In what way? Or do you mean just because it was him that appointed him?

Thats not a loaded question BTW i just keep hearing this and not sure what we want the board to do other than what they have done, I think something is rotten at the club and it doesnt appear to be the management so you might be right but i'm not sure what specifically Petrie has done wrong, other than appoint the wrong managers.

If thats what it is then fair enough as thats a big part of petries job but i do have a bit sympathy for him, in each case he's gone with the popular appointment (maybe not so much in CC but he certainly ticked all the boxes for what we were looking for at the time)

What about him backing players against the manager ....... just because said JC was shaping up to get us a team capable of winning with style and dared to make the over inflated egos work hard.

What kind of leader goes behind his managers back.... If they had issues he should have called a meeting involving all.

I can see the replies on here now that JC signed pash players. I'll ask why was that ? He wanted to sign quality but was shooed away by RP once too often. Wanted Robson and Naismith who were gettable at that time. Instead had to settle for Donaldson and other similar priced players as that was all he was allowed to spend. Final straw was when he dared to ask for the money we were going to get for Murphy !! Answer - sorry no can do... Wasn't as if we'd just taken in in excess of 10 mil for some of our talent!!!

So sorry if you disagree but ROD is very culpable in the shambles on the pitch just now

cam2644
13-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Our problems are not just at the door step of Calderwood- Petrie's time is also up

Petrie has to take responsibility for a succession of duff managerial appointments added to his failure to back them up with resources.
I don't know how easy it would be to remove him but he mustn't be allowed to appoint the next manager or pennypinch with playing staff.

Peevemor
13-09-2011, 11:10 AM
What about him backing players against the manager ....... just because said JC was shaping up to get us a team capable of winning with style and dared to make the over inflated egos work hard.

No he wasn't. We were rank and on a shocking run when he left.

What kind of leader goes behind his managers back.... If they had issues he should have called a meeting involving all.

RP didn't call the meeting - the players did. RP didn't back the players, he backed his manager.

I can see the replies on here now that JC signed pash players. I'll ask why was that ? He wanted to sign quality but was shooed away by RP once too often. Wanted Robson and Naismith who were gettable at that time. Instead had to settle for Donaldson and other similar priced players as that was all he was allowed to spend. Final straw was when he dared to ask for the money we were going to get for Murphy !! Answer - sorry no can do... Wasn't as if we'd just taken in in excess of 10 mil for some of our talent!!!

So sorry if you disagree but ROD is very culpable in the shambles on the pitch just now

JC had a good player budget which he wasted.

jdships
13-09-2011, 11:13 AM

RP didn't call the meeting - the players did. RP didn't back the players, he backed his manager.

Yes ! :thumbsup:
The facts don't lie !!!!!!:agree:

DCI Gene Hunt
13-09-2011, 11:20 AM
I think some people are talking up JC a bit too much here. Yes, we won a cup with him and had a good run initially, but the end of his tenure was pretty poor and to me was the start of the problem we now find ourselves with (which has never been sorted since).

What riled me somewhat was CC's statement before the season, telling us fans to "have realistic expectations". I can't say I was impressed with that and it showed a lack of ambition. To me the signings we have made have been very poor and added to this the budget for players remains too low at ER. Until that is lifted we won't see any decent players at all at ER. And yes we can afford it.

Admittedly I'm not that old but in my 20-odd years of supporting Hibs I can never remember them being so rank rotten pish poor. The late 80s were a poor time for Hibs and there was the "expedition" into the 1st Div but even compared with howlers such as Duffy's Duffers I cannot recall a Hibs team being so unbelievably poor quality.

If we don't win our next game, CC has to go immediately. End of.

Gene

GreenCastle
13-09-2011, 11:47 AM

:agree:

If things do change it will be hoofball we are watching - is that going to be enough to be successful ? The better teams in the SPL can defend that - you need more to your team than route 1 - not sure we have that ?!

Stevie Reid
13-09-2011, 11:57 AM

Whilst I agree that you are correct to pull up the poster re: where we were heading under Collins, in his last 8 games we won 1, drew 3 and lost 4, and those 4 were our first defeats of the season (and 3 of them were away to Motherwell who finished 3rd, Aberdeen and ICT where we've never been good) - not exactly a shocking run by the standards that we're used to now. His record from the start of that season to when he resigned on 20 Dec was P 17 W 7 D 6 L4 and we had 27 points - only 10 less than we got in the whole of last season! We did lose 3 of our next 4 games under Tommy Craig though, which I think people (understandably) tie in with Collins' time.

Don't want to get into any further debates about his pros and cons (my stance is that the revolt was hugely damaging and I blame the players, but believe that we were probably heading in the wrong direction under JC and his signings were expensive failures), but just thought it was interesting to give a bit of context with regards to what was considered shocking in 2007, compared to we are being subjected to now.

Andy74
13-09-2011, 01:57 PM
So, let me get this right, about 160 fans out of something like 10,000 want CC to leave. Not very emphatic, is it???:-#

Only 60 want him to stay, so aye, it is! :greengrin

basehibby
13-09-2011, 02:11 PM

Erm no - the players would not have had the authority to CALL their boss to a meeting of any kind. They ASKED for a meeting - BIG difference - and Petrie's blunder was in entertaining them with a SC Semi approaching fast. He should have told them to get on with the jobs they were paid for and leave the managing to the manager with a promise to review their concerns at the end of the season. What was allowed to happen was a catastrophic blunder which left the manager undermined and the fans bewildered when we should have been building towards a cup semi and getting excited.

RickyS
13-09-2011, 02:46 PM
:agree:

If things do change it will be hoofball we are watching - is that going to be enough to be successful ? The better teams in the SPL can defend that - you need more to your team than route 1 - not sure we have that ?!

we don't, in the middle of the pitch there is little imagination or creativity IMO

SlickShoes
13-09-2011, 02:46 PM
I have no doubt that at this time last year Yogi had to go. Calderwood has had almost a full calendar year and we have probably got worse than we were under Yogi. I wouldn't want yogi back as manager but I also think that calderwoods time is up.

Petrie got lucky with the Mowbray appointment, since then it has all been downhill, Collins won the cup with a team that was still full of TM era players. Collins tried to change things but people just were not buying it and he rightfully walked. It just gets worse and worse, it reminds me of the late 90s when we moved towards relegation, at least when McLeish was appointed we had a ray of hope, even going down we knew we would come back up. Now, i doubt we could bounce back from anything with the current manager at the helm.

The Falcon
13-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Erm no - the players would not have had the authority to CALL their boss to a meeting of any kind. They ASKED for a meeting - BIG difference - and Petrie's blunder was in entertaining them with a SC Semi approaching fast. He should have told them to get on with the jobs they were paid for and leave the managing to the manager with a promise to review their concerns at the end of the season. What was allowed to happen was a catastrophic blunder which left the manager undermined and the fans bewildered when we should have been building towards a cup semi and getting excited.

Say it often enough and it becomes true..............................:rolleyes:

HibsMax
13-09-2011, 03:01 PM

Another reason I want to stick with him is that things can get better as well as worse. We have not seen any evidence of that so far but that doesn't mean it's impossible. If we go with a new man in charge then we're back to square one again. THAT is what I am sick of, always hitting the snake and sliding back to square one. That is why I keep saying that I personally want to give him until Christmas. I know he's been here for almost a year but he's only been in charge of 6 competitive SPL games with his full team (and even that's not accurate as there were some injuries). 6 games is not enough. If people want to look at last season (different team) then fair enough but it's not what I am going by - I am going by THIS team. I think 6 games is too soon to say how good they can become but I think we should see improvements by Christmas. If not then his time is up for me.

down the slope
13-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Another reason I want to stick with him is that things can get better as well as worse. We have not seen any evidence of that so far but that doesn't mean it's impossible. If we go with a new man in charge then we're back to square one again. THAT is what I am sick of, always hitting the snake and sliding back to square one. That is why I keep saying that I personally want to give him until Christmas. I know he's been here for almost a year but he's only been in charge of 6 competitive SPL games with his full team (and even that's not accurate as there were some injuries). 6 games is not enough. If people want to look at last season (different team) then fair enough but it's not what I am going by - I am going by THIS team. I think 6 games is too soon to say how good they can become but I think we should see improvements by Christmas. If not then his time is up for me.

We could be twenty points adrift by Christmas , so in the six games you mention have there been any improvement since last season ?, i say we are just as bad. He has to go now.

calumhibee1
13-09-2011, 03:20 PM

Things could get better but judging by the way things have went in his time in charge, you would have to say the chances of that happening are miniscule. I amn't keen on going through as many managers as we do and agree we need a bit stability, but that would only be if we were still to be finishing top 6 and not really looking likely to finish in a European spot (which we should be doing.) Bottom of the league and finishing 10th last season is just a step too far and IMO he simply has to go, as judging by the way things have went since he came in, they're only going to get worse.

HibsMax
We could be twenty points adrift by Christmas , so in the six games you mention have there been any improvement since last season ?, i say we are just as bad. He has to go now.

We could be 20 points adrift with a new man in charge too.

greenlex
Win the game in hand and we@d sit in eighth place two points away from top six. What then? :greengrin

calumhibee1
13-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Exactly the way I see it. The longer we give him the more detached we'll become from the rest of the league IMO as we aren't going to climb off the bottom with him in charge IMO.:agree:

Last Minute
13-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Win the game in hand and we@d sit in eighth place two points away from top six. What then? :greengrin

Can you Remember the last time we went to Perth midweek ?

calumhibee1
13-09-2011, 03:26 PM
There's absolutely nothing to suggest we'll be winning any games anytime soon unfortunately. :boo hoo:

HibsMax
13-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Things could get better but judging by the way things have went in his time in charge, you would have to say the chances of that happening are miniscule. I amn't keen on going through as many managers as we do and agree we need a bit stability, but that would only be if we were still to be finishing top 6 and not really looking likely to finish in a European spot (which we should be doing.) Bottom of the league and finishing 10th last season is just a step too far and IMO he simply has to go, as judging by the way things have went since he came in, they're only going to get worse.

I don't have to say they're miniscule. But I know what you're saying. It's really hard to explain because this is such a heated issue and emotion can cloud judgment. I know it's tempting to look at results and performances and come up with the solution - punt the manager, but that's not really scientific. There is no evidence to suggest replacing him will turn things around for us. None whatsoever. That's why I am sticking with the "better the devil you know" policy..........for now.

Let's say we did bring someone else in. How long does he get? CC has been here for almost one year but he had to do a lot of rebuilding in that time and I don't even think the rebuilding is complete. I think we expect too much i.e., that one manager could rebuild Hibs from the ground up (almost) and put a winning team on the park immediately. It's my hope that the players start working more as a team, this should result in better performances and, hopefully, some more points.

I'm really hoping that CC does well not because I want his babies but because I think it's in Hibs best interests for him to be a success. Unless we want another period of rebuilding.

greenlex
13-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Can you Remember the last time we went to Perth midweek ?
Aye but its at ER.:greengrin

HibsMax
13-09-2011, 03:30 PM
There's absolutely nothing to suggest we'll be winning any games anytime soon unfortunately. :boo hoo:

That's the beauty of sports, isn't it? If it was that easy to predict results and form then there would be a lot of poor bookies. I am not really sure what signs you can look for in a losing team to allow you to predict that they are about to start winning games. If you have that information you could very well be a millionaire.

Stevie Reid
13-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Motherwell - 7 managers in 10 years

Dundee Utd - 10 managers in 15 years

Hearts - 10 managers in 11 years

Killie - 3 managers in 18 months

Celtic - 8 managers in 14 years (Strachan & O'Neill there for 9 of them)

To those who say we can't keep changing our manager, we can - especially when they're as bad as this one.

Last Minute
Aye but its at ER.:greengrin

:taxi for me please

woody47
What interests me more is what did he have on his CV and what did he say in his interview that got him the job in the first place - other than - 'I will work for peanuts!'
He has had plenty time to 'gel' his team. FFS they are professional footballers - what do they need to be told? Kick the ball or header the ball. Its not ferking rocket science.
What is missing is man management and tactics and so far CC has shown that he doesn't appear to have any.

HFC 0-7
13-09-2011, 03:38 PM
I don't have to say they're miniscule. But I know what you're saying. It's really hard to explain because this is such a heated issue and emotion can cloud judgment. I know it's tempting to look at results and performances and come up with the solution - punt the manager, but that's not really scientific. There is no evidence to suggest replacing him will turn things around for us. None whatsoever. That's why I am sticking with the "better the devil you know" policy..........for now.

Let's say we did bring someone else in. How long does he get? CC has been here for almost one year but he had to do a lot of rebuilding in that time and I don't even think the rebuilding is complete. I think we expect too much i.e., that one manager could rebuild Hibs from the ground up (almost) and put a winning team on the park immediately. It's my hope that the players start working more as a team, this should result in better performances and, hopefully, some more points.

I'm really hoping that CC does well not because I want his babies but because I think it's in Hibs best interests for him to be a success. Unless we want another period of rebuilding.

There is the problem, even under calderwood we will probably be facing a period of rebuilding, we have over 8 players out of contract at the end of the season or before. Players like Griffiths, Pallson and O Connor, not easy to replace. So we will find outselves in a rebuilding phase no matter what. If Hibs choose short terms contracts then we will be in this situation of rebuilding to replace players moving on every year, therefore we need a manager that can hit the ground running, not a manager that takes and age to get things right, or a manager that admits that the team isnt ready for the start of the season.

You seem to want to keep the manager for stability and give him time to finish his rebuild, what makes you think that if the 8 or more players go at the end of the season that we wont be in exactly the same position at the start of next season waiting for CC to get the team to 'gel'?

greenlex
13-09-2011, 03:39 PM
What interests me more is what did he have on his CV and what did he say in his interview that got him the job in the first place - other than - 'I will work for peanuts!'
He has had plenty time to 'gel' his team. FFS they are professional footballers - what do they need to be told? Kick the ball or header the ball. Its not ferking rocket science.
What is missing is man management and tactics and so far CC has shown that he doesn't appear to have any.
2 Games? :confused: He doesnt gell his team they do that themselves. Its not like he can pick up a tube of something and rub it in.

woody47
13-09-2011, 03:51 PM
2 Games? :confused: He doesnt gell his team they do that themselves. Its not like he can pick up a tube of something and rub it in.

2 games? Where do you get 2 games? (even more confused). They are at training (and have been for a couple of months now) where they should be practising and learning to play off each other. They have had 7 league games and a cup game. They have had 7 friendlies plus some bounce games. And the players still look like meeting up for the first time. That to me is bad man management.
Tactics consist off - HOOF!!!!!!

HibsMax
13-09-2011, 03:59 PM
2 games? Where do you get 2 games? (even more confused). They are at training (and have been for a couple of months now) where they should be practising and learning to play off each other. They have had 7 league games and a cup game. They have had 7 friendlies plus some bounce games. And the players still look like meeting up for the first time. That to me is bad man management.

I agree with that to an extent. First of all we've only played 6 SPL games, not 7. The squad we have right now, they have not all been together for the full duration and they have not all been fit.

But I'm not arguing with you. I totally expected to see more improvement than I have seen so far. Just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not coming. I don't need to base that on anything because I don't know what signals to look for to recognise an imminent turnaround. Teams turn things around all the time in all sports. I'm not saying we WILL improve under CC but we certainly need to. The question is really of how much more time people are willing to give him. That seems to vary between NONE and Christmas.

Cropley10
13-09-2011, 05:01 PM
I agree with that to an extent. First of all we've only played 6 SPL games, not 7. The squad we have right now, they have not all been together for the full duration and they have not all been fit.

But I'm not arguing with you. I totally expected to see more improvement than I have seen so far. Just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not coming. I don't need to base that on anything because I don't know what signals to look for to recognise an imminent turnaround. Teams turn things around all the time in all sports. I'm not saying we WILL improve under CC but we certainly need to. The question is really of how much more time people are willing to give him. That seems to vary between NONE and Christmas.

More people would give him more time if his team showed any sign of any improvement. There are none. The clock ticks. The AGM looms. More empty seats beckon. The man is working his ticket.

Captain Trips
13-09-2011, 05:13 PM
CC IMO did not bring anything new to the table except for a better knowledge of the English game than the previous 2, thus IMO has not made one bit of difference. We IMO have cleared out a team of average players at best and replaced them all with more of the same and in their wisdom we get to clear the squad out again in summer as a fair % will have expired contracts. Their seems to be no plan at all at ER in building a team.

DCI Gene Hunt
13-09-2011, 06:16 PM
I would say the same thing Carlsberg, there just seems to be no plan at all for anything at the moment.

No tactics and no results. Meanwhile the fans desert the stands in droves, costing the club £££. I know several diehard season ticket holders who have given up completely - sad situation that.

Come on Petrie you need to act now!

greenlex
13-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Some players only came in late in the window and Calderwood has only had 2 games with his full squad. Some not match fit and some out injured disrupting the pre season but should be there or there abouts now. Hearts and Aberdeen are the only two competative games this has been the case. More time is needed before we give up on him. Totaly unfair to judge him on the showing so far.

crosbie9
13-09-2011, 07:00 PM
get calderwood out and petrie!!! hibs need a amanger that knows scottish football and that can get he team back to what they used to be,get a manger that knows what he is doing and a chairmain not afraid to play around in the budget, get this style and name we have now out and bring in a fresh board and managment and play the way all us hibees are used to seeing

IberianHibernian
13-09-2011, 08:06 PM
CC IMO did not bring anything new to the table except for a better knowledge of the English game than the previous 2, thus IMO has not made one bit of difference. We IMO have cleared out a team of average players at best and replaced them all with more of the same and in their wisdom we get to clear the squad out again in summer as a fair % will have expired contracts. Their seems to be no plan at all at ER in building a team.Good point about knowledge of English game - this is something that seems to be considered important by many . In our case it means we now have a team of players who`ve failed in England and don`t really want to be with Hibs or in Scotland ( like our manager ) . If looking for players from outside Scotland we`d be better looking at Scandinavian or Irish leagues or even lower divisions in Spain or Portugal . Look for a manager ( team manager and / or general manager ) with knowledge and contacts in other leagues and knowledge of Scotland ( Archibald and ex Raith boss Calderon in Spain , Michael O`N or Stephen Kenny in Ireland for example ) . Signings will be cheaper and technically better .

Kaiser1962
14-09-2011, 06:39 AM
Motherwell - 7 managers in 10 years

Dundee Utd - 10 managers in 15 years

Hearts - 10 managers in 11 years

Killie - 3 managers in 18 months

Celtic - 8 managers in 14 years (Strachan & O'Neill there for 9 of them)

To those who say we can't keep changing our manager, we can - especially when they're as bad as this one.

I remember seeing a table that showed the turnover of players at each SPL club and they gave a similar sort of message in that they were all much of a muchness. We seem to think it's only us that has a high turnover of staff but it's not.

basehibby
14-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Say it often enough and it becomes true..............................:rolleyes:

Eh?!?!? Fan of cryptic comments are you? How about addressing a point with an argument rather than stupid wee :rolleyes: smilies that just make you look like an :asshole: ?

basehibby
14-09-2011, 09:57 AM

:agree: My thoughts exactly although I wouldn't give him as long as Xmas - if he's any sort of a manager he should be able to get his charges performing a lot sooner than that - I'd give him another month - two at a stretch - if we're not seeing the sort of form we should be able to expect of our team by then then he clearly aint got it.

Captain Trips
14-09-2011, 05:27 PM

With our current signing policy we seem to be at square one to a large extent at the start of each season. Once this season ends we will be looking for players in key areas yet again, sure some may stay but if the team performs poorly there wont be much to influence anyone whom does well to stay. I really think the squad assembley a bit like under Hughes is shambolic, CC will be doing a lot of business to keep or sign replacements so wouldnt really for me be an issue if it we had a new manager.

The manager revolving door is never good, a player one could be seen as worse.

...WentToMowAnSPL
14-09-2011, 05:39 PM
With our current signing policy we seem to be at square one to a large extent at the start of each season. Once this season ends we will be looking for players in key areas yet again, sure some may stay but if the team performs poorly there wont be much to influence anyone whom does well to stay. I really think the squad assembley a bit like under Hughes is shambolic, CC will be doing a lot of business to keep or sign replacements so wouldnt really for me be an issue if it we had a new manager.

The manager revolving door is never good, a player one could be seen as worse.

I voted to keep him a bit longer.. Can't see a new manager improving the squad unless it's Messi on a player / manager gig :-)

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2011, 05:50 PM
There has been not one tiny bit of progress under clueless. He should walk now. To be honest he should have walked in the summer after his sweetie episode.

The clown does not even want to be at the club, and has dragged us down further with his crap signings, poor hoofball and his non committal to the job.

Crowds dont lie, and he's driven thousands away. He's been a liability from day one, just another shambles appointment from those at the top at easter road. :rolleyes:

marleyhib
14-09-2011, 06:14 PM
No from me - awful manager, infact he's worse than that - he's clueless

I was split on Sunday about wanting Hibs to win (as I would always do) and hoping we got humped to help force him out, which is a sad, sad state of affairs.

He's not the man for the job, he knows it, we know it, Rod knows it, the board knows it.

He has to go, we can't afford to keep him.

marleyhib
14-09-2011, 06:16 PM
76% no says it all really, how many voted yes and actually believe he'll succeed?

3pm
14-09-2011, 06:19 PM
76% no says it all really, how many voted yes and actually believe he'll succeed?

I am concerned approx 1 in 4 think things are OK.

HibsMax
14-09-2011, 06:20 PM

I don't know if he will succeed but I believe that he can. Not sure if that is the same thing though.

All the poll results tell us is how the voting dot net posters think. Nothing more, nothing less. We're hardly a consistent bunch though. If you look back at polls for "Who would you want as manager?" you will not find a consensus but that doesn't mean we shouldn't replace CC if / when the time comes.

The Falcon
14-09-2011, 06:30 PM

They didnt call him to anything. They went to him.

One senior pro who was heavily involved was booted a week later and the team Captain issued a public apology. Collins stayed in post a further eight months before he took the huff when the real world caught up with him.

The Falcon
14-09-2011, 06:31 PM

Maybe one in four know things are not ok but think, as the transfer window is now closed, we should stick with him.

HibsMax
14-09-2011, 06:34 PM

That's one way to add your own spin on things I suppose. I voted YES but I don't think things are OK. Don't use the answer from one question to answer another. If you asked the question, "Do you think things are OK?", I suspect you would get a lot more than 76% voting NO.

marleyhib
14-09-2011, 06:40 PM
I was very surprised it isn't around 90% no.

I am a ST holder and the last two home games have been shocking, we did nothing against Celtic (no shots on target), got pumped off Killie and were lucky against ICT.

If it had JUST been a bad start to the season I would be more forgiving.

It's not, it's way way worse than that. We were was worse that Barry White last season. We somehow managed to have a 5 game winning streak that meant we luckily avoided a relegation fight, we then went on to lose 5 and draw 1 of our games in the bottom 6.

He is tactically inept, playing 1 up front at home against St Mirren, persisting with Booth when he's out of his depth and chopping and changing lineups.

Unacceptable, garbage, sack him.

The only reason we haven't is to save Petrie's blushes and the fact that the board are completely clueless about who to replace him with.

Last throw of the dice for them as far as I'm concerned.

HibsMax
14-09-2011, 06:46 PM
I was very surprised it isn't around 90% no.

I am a ST holder and the last two home games have been shocking, we did nothing against Celtic (no shots on target), got pumped off Killie and were lucky against ICT.

If it had JUST been a bad start to the season I would be more forgiving.

It's not, it's way way worse than that. We were was worse that Barry White last season. We somehow managed to have a 5 game winning streak that meant we luckily avoided a relegation fight, we then went on to lose 5 and draw 1 of our games in the bottom 6.

He is tactically inept, playing 1 up front at home against St Mirren, persisting with Booth when he's out of his depth and chopping and changing lineups.

Unacceptable, garbage, sack him.

The only reason we haven't is to save Petrie's blushes and the fact that the board are completely clueless about who to replace him with.

Last throw of the dice for them as far as I'm concerned.

That might be true but perhaps RP wants to persist with CC for some other reason other than saving face? If he really wanted to let him go he could have done so during the summer, got some money for him and, if true, saved face.

RP is not the only person who is clueless with respect to a potential replacement, so are we (unless you can pull a name out the hat that will please everyone - I can't).

3pm
14-09-2011, 06:58 PM
That's one way to add your own spin on things I suppose. I voted YES but I don't think things are OK. Don't use the answer from one question to answer another. If you asked the question, "Do you think things are OK?", I suspect you would get a lot more than 76% voting NO.

So if you voted 'yes' and you don't things are OK, can you explain your thinking to me?

HibsMax
14-09-2011, 07:05 PM
So if you voted 'yes' and you don't things are OK, can you explain your thinking to me?

I've explained myself numerous times so once more won't hurt. ;)

1. from the start I've been saying I want to give him until Christmas. I'm sticking by that.
2. there is no guarantee that changing the manager again will make any difference to our current form.
3. I just have a feeling that he can turn things around. That is not based on anything, certainly not recent form or results. For some reason this team is not performing as well as I think it should be, I'm hoping that things will turn around for us.
4. I want us to stick with a manager and see if he can get it right. Let's face it, given the past couple of seasons, sticking with CC doesn't appear to be a worse answer than what we've tried before.
5. I don't know if this still holds true but during the summer the players seemed to like working with him and they are bound to know him better than any of us. I don't know if they feel the same way now though.
6. for all the talk of "he's had two windows", he hasn't really. He's barely had two windows and now he needs to be given time to work with those acquisitions. Of course I would like to see faster results but that is not always possible.

Something is clearly wrong but I don't know what it is and I'm reluctant to heap all the blame on him.

sadtom
14-09-2011, 07:09 PM
I really despair at a number of my fellow Hibs fans.
We'd be better of with a cadaver in the managers chair than the fool we have now.
All of a sudden there seems to be this increase in opinion that we are as well sticking with the man we have, than going through the managerial roundabout again.
Why wasn't this rationale applied to Yogi? It wasn't great but at least he had passion for the club and the type of football played was far from brilliant but vastly superior to anything that CC has shown.
So why now is this 'pragmatic' approach being taken with a coach who has offered absolutely heehaw!
CC is byfar and away the worst manager not just for results but his motivation, his handling of the madia, his 'philosophy!!!' and his tactical nouse that has ever been seen at ER.
We have absolutely no-one with and real skill, flair or natural ability at the club. Our most skillfull player would probably be galbraith but his confidence/form is shot to pieces and hardly plays, other than that it would probably be Booth, a frickin fullback! - Jesus wept.
The only one close to being as bad as CC and thats Duffy, at least he had daft Chic Charnley in the team. Chic has more ability that all the current crop of balloons put together. Unfortunately he had the same discipline and application as the current crop.
Anyone who suggests williamson or Miller were worse should gie up watching fitba cause yer clueless. Neither were inspirational or gung ho' but they could both organise a team.
Both were also in charge when we were in dire financial straits. If fact once the shackles came off Miller he precided over some excellent stuff with crunchie, o'neil, jacko, mcginlay, weir etc who could all get the crowd going.
So why the hell are folk accepting the most unattractive dismal brand of so-called fitba ever witnessed to be the piont to say - its time to stick with the curent manager no matter what?? It's crazy.
It is a matter of urgency that CC is removed asap. - the longer he is in chjarge the more the 'soul' of our club gets poisoned by a man dragging us into the football dark ages.
He's got to go. And he's got to go yesterday.

greenlex
14-09-2011, 07:13 PM
I am concerned approx 1 in 4 think things are OK. The poll wasnt do you think things are ok or did I miss that bit? 1 in 4 think he should be given longer to turn things round. I dont think thats concerning at all.I reckon you would get 90% thinking things are not ok with the other 10% being Yans.

HibsMax
14-09-2011, 07:20 PM
I really despair at a number of my fellow Hibs fans.
We'd be better of with a cadaver in the managers chair than the fool we have now.
All of a sudden there seems to be this increase in opinion that we are as well sticking with the man we have, than going through the managerial roundabout again.
Why wasn't this rationale applied to Yogi? It wasn't great but at least he had passion for the club and the type of football played was far from brilliant but vastly superior to anything that CC has shown.
So why now is this 'pragmatic' approach being taken with a coach who has offered absolutely heehaw!
CC is byfar and away the worst manager not just for results but his motivation, his handling of the madia, his 'philosophy!!!' and his tactical nouse that has ever been seen at ER.
We have absolutely no-one with and real skill, flair or natural ability at the club. Our most skillfull player would probably be galbraith but his confidence/form is shot to pieces and hardly plays, other than that it would probably be Booth, a frickin fullback! - Jesus wept.
The only one close to being as bad as CC and thats Duffy, at least he had daft Chic Charnley in the team. Chic has more ability that all the current crop of balloons put together. Unfortunately he had the same discipline and application as the current crop.
Anyone who suggests williamson or Miller were worse should gie up watching fitba cause yer clueless. Neither were inspirational or gung ho' but they could both organise a team.
Both were also in charge when we were in dire financial straits. If fact once the shackles came off Miller he precided over some excellent stuff with crunchie, o'neil, jacko, mcginlay, weir etc who could all get the crowd going.
So why the hell are folk accepting the most unattractive dismal brand of so-called fitba ever witnessed to be the piont to say - its time to stick with the curent manager no matter what?? It's crazy.
It is a matter of urgency that CC is removed asap. - the longer he is in chjarge the more the 'soul' of our club gets poisoned by a man dragging us into the football dark ages.
He's got to go. And he's got to go yesterday.

I'm not saying that CC is the man we should be sticking with (maybe we should have stuck with Yogi), what I am saying is that we have to stick with "someone". That's just my own personal opinion. Stick with someone long enough for the to make a positive impression or until their time runs out (but at least give them the time to succeed or fail), even if it starts off badly like this. For me, that time is Christmas. I think half a season with a team that you built yourself is long enough to show us what you can do. If there is nothing positive in that 5 month period then it's "don't let the door hit your ass on the way out".

Bad Martini
14-09-2011, 07:21 PM
If our "manager" remains in power for too much longer at best we'll see another mid-bottom table season.

Which will be followed by ANOTHER "transitional" season...where we need to be "patient" and "give the new guy time" etc etc.

:rolleyes:

HibsMax
14-09-2011, 07:30 PM
If our "manager" remains in power for too much longer at best we'll see another mid-bottom table season.

Which will be followed by ANOTHER "transitional" season...where we need to be "patient" and "give the new guy time" etc etc.

I see you rolling your eyes but what is your suggestion? (I'm aware that, like me, you've probably made that clear in other threads but I don't recall everyone's opinions). :) Surely Hibs only option is to keep replacing the staff* until they get it right. There's not even a guarantee that changing the board members would make a difference. They influence off-field decisions but they can't affect how well a player performs.

* - how often these replacements are made is obviously something that we can't all agree on.

3pm
15-09-2011, 11:48 AM
I've explained myself numerous times so once more won't hurt. ;)

1. from the start I've been saying I want to give him until Christmas. I'm sticking by that.
2. there is no guarantee that changing the manager again will make any difference to our current form.
3. I just have a feeling that he can turn things around. That is not based on anything, certainly not recent form or results. For some reason this team is not performing as well as I think it should be, I'm hoping that things will turn around for us.
4. I want us to stick with a manager and see if he can get it right. Let's face it, given the past couple of seasons, sticking with CC doesn't appear to be a worse answer than what we've tried before.
5. I don't know if this still holds true but during the summer the players seemed to like working with him and they are bound to know him better than any of us. I don't know if they feel the same way now though.
6. for all the talk of "he's had two windows", he hasn't really. He's barely had two windows and now he needs to be given time to work with those acquisitions. Of course I would like to see faster results but that is not always possible.

Something is clearly wrong but I don't know what it is and I'm reluctant to heap all the blame on him.

Yeah, but I hadn't read your posts!

3pm
15-09-2011, 11:48 AM
The poll wasnt do you think things are ok or did I miss that bit? 1 in 4 think he should be given longer to turn things round. I dont think thats concerning at all.I reckon you would get 90% thinking things are not ok with the other 10% being Yans.

I do.

--------
15-09-2011, 04:49 PM

An optimist, BM?

I can see us relegated.