PDA

View Full Version : Ho hum, what to do at weekends then...

strummbo
12-09-2011, 09:06 AM
One thing is for sure, I will not be watching Hibernian FC.

I have reached the end of my rope, no skill, no passion, no enregy, no commitment, no tactics, no visible signs of coaching demonstrated in play...

it doesnt matter who the players are, I wouldnt be too fussed if we were getting humped week in week out and played with a bit passion and ability.

However, it's football at its worst these days...

so, i shall go for messages or some other guff on a matchday so as to avoid being dreadfully dissapointed...

nuff said... I am one hacked off hibby...

harrumph!

STRAIGHT 2 HELL
12-09-2011, 09:21 AM
I know what I'll be doing, I WILL be watching Hibernian FC

Dashing Bob S
12-09-2011, 11:04 AM
I seriously can't see how we're going to improve under our current management team. They've shown us nothing, and have failed to get any real reaction from two sets of players.

I'll continue to go (albeit in smoldering resentment) because I'm a mug for Hibs, but I really couldn't hold it against anybody who has more sense and opts out for a spell.

Rory89
12-09-2011, 11:14 AM
One thing is for sure, I will not be watching Hibernian FC.

I have reached the end of my rope, no skill, no passion, no enregy, no commitment, no tactics, no visible signs of coaching demonstrated in play...

it doesnt matter who the players are, I wouldnt be too fussed if we were getting humped week in week out and played with a bit passion and ability.

However, it's football at its worst these days...

so, i shall go for messages or some other guff on a matchday so as to avoid being dreadfully dissapointed...

nuff said... I am one hacked off hibby...

harrumph!

Cool story bro, remember to keep us all updated with how those weekends go.

Threads like this annoy me. Not because you're saying you've had it with Hibs (I can understand that), but what point do they serve? Nobody is going to be at the next Hibs game thinking "if only strummbo was here", if you don't want to go just don't go. All these threads serve to do is A) cause arguments between fans who don't want to go anymore and those that do, B) encourage others to give up, making our crowds even lower, and C) massage the ego of the OP who thinks a bunch of strangers care what he does on a Saturday.

MCameron
12-09-2011, 11:43 AM

Threads like this annoy me. Not because you're saying you've had it with Hibs (I can understand that), but what point do they serve? Nobody is going to be at the next Hibs game thinking "if only strummbo was here", if you don't want to go just don't go. All these threads serve to do is A) cause arguments between fans who don't want to go anymore and those that do, B) encourage others to give up, making our crowds even lower, and C) massage the ego of the OP who thinks a bunch of strangers care what he does on a Saturday.

Think that's a bit unfair imo. This type of post at least gives a bit feedback to those from the club that are watching that people aint happy and are turning their backs on something they've supported for a long time (in my case for too long than I care to remember). We should care that one of our fellow fans is so hacked off that they'd rather go shopping - bad signs for the club. Don't think the post encourages others not to go - they're all grown up boys and girls and can I'm sure make their own minds up based on the product on the park, the enjoyment they're deriving from it and the value they place on it. Everyone will have different measures and tolerances.

Dinkydoo
12-09-2011, 11:51 AM
I usually manage to get to a couple of games each season but I'm a little ashamed to admit that I haven't been since the start of last season.

With a few games being on the tele recently coupled with the fact that I'd rather not waste a day (including travelling) to watch a Hibs team full of no fight or passion, I've decided against going, and probably won't be back until there is some sort of improvement.

It might be different if I could step out my front door and be sitting in ER within the hour though.

Green and white
12-09-2011, 12:05 PM

where is the + rep button

Coco Bryce
12-09-2011, 12:12 PM
I took the kids swimming, we had great fun.

Albion Hibs
12-09-2011, 12:27 PM
During the off season is the up there with the most boring time of the year for me. I would love hibs to be winning week in and week out, its never ever gping to happen I accept that, or I would have started supporting the old firm a long time ago. What else would you do, shopping with the mrs, dinner at the in laws, watch whatever nonsense sky sports serves up, yesterdays feast being particularily delightful - Norwich V West Brom and Fulham V whowever - no thanks!

HFC 0-7
12-09-2011, 12:33 PM
During the off season is the up there with the most boring time of the year for me. I would love hibs to be winning week in and week out, its never ever gping to happen I accept that, or I would have started supporting the old firm a long time ago. What else would you do, shopping with the mrs, dinner at the in laws, watch whatever nonsense sky sports serves up, yesterdays feast being particularily delightful - Norwich V West Brom and Fulham V whowever - no thanks!

You could watch amatuer teams for a lot less money and be entertained a lot more. The way Hibs are playing just now is truly shocking and the sad fact is that even if we do start winning next week, it will take a while to entice a lot of hibbys back now.

EK_Hibs
12-09-2011, 12:45 PM
What an annoying thread this is... :bye:

archiebald
12-09-2011, 01:08 PM
We dont need those supporters moan moan moan its not as if we ever won cups every year,have now been going every week for 44 yrs and seen it all-new managers we cant sack and sack all the time.

RIP
12-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Can we not just combine these turgid threads into one big post. "I'm no going back till we win again"

:yawn:

Shaggy
12-09-2011, 01:24 PM
I got a season ticket and didnt go yesterday , however Bathgate under 15's were fantastic entertainment in a cup game.

The crap TV times are bad enough, but I only go to Hibs for fun... its no funny anymore.

Attending Hibs is papped until Calderwoods away and we get a leader in.
They have got my money so I have a clear conscience,.... do they?

Russ
12-09-2011, 02:25 PM
We dont need those supporters moan moan moan its not as if we ever won cups every year,have now been going every week for 44 yrs and seen it all-new managers we cant sack and sack all the time.

Well said that man, those that think this is the worst they've seen have either not being going to ER long, or just moan for the sake of it. We had Lexo for 10 yrs and although he ended up winning us a trophy, we had the worst derby record in history and a good 7 yrs of the most negative football i have ever seen at ER. We all have our opinions, but you're either a SUPPORTER or you're not, give them a dozen games at least, we have always had a fickle support, fuelled mainly by this misconception we should be challenging and winning trophies every year. Never has happened and is never gonna happen, accept it and support your team.

Spike Mandela
12-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Look on the bright side. Membership on .net should go up as less and less bother actually going to the games.:greengrin

heretoday
12-09-2011, 03:31 PM
I've become a bit of a fairweather fan these days, I'm afraid. If you think that's a piece of cake mind - it's no fun listening to BBC radio commentaries.

So in answer to the weekend question - I spend the time swearing at the fatuous remarks and facile humour on display.

I'd be better going to the game.