PDA

View Full Version : A hypothetical question....

stokesmessiah
11-09-2011, 09:50 PM
With the voices of dissent growing with each passing performance i found tonight that i got to thinking about who would we bring in to replace CC should he get the chop.

Michael O'Neill has been touted on these boards often enough but i doubt very much he would make the move to Easter Rd and i realised that after i had ruled him out in my head that i could actually think of no-one!!

FWIW I have always thought that CC would turn us around and have always had confidence he would do something but even my good nature is starting to get stretched, i think if we are in the same position after the sequence of games we have coming up in Sept then we really have to evaluate where we are going.

So, i thought i would put it to the forum and ask for peoples thoughts on who exactly it is we would get to replace and who would and would not come within the fabled "penny pinching" bargain bucket that RP is often accused of shopping in for his managers!?

Pedantic_Hibee
11-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Jimmy Calderwood
Gordon Strachan

FitbaFolkKen
11-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Gary Mcallister
Ray Wilkins

silverhibee
11-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Walter Smith.

nortonhibby
11-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Walter Smith.

STRAP ON:flag:

stokesmessiah
Pedantic - I have always said JC (the tango JC) would be a good shout, i know plenty of Don's fans who wish he had never left and he always had them at the right end of the table as well getting through to the round of 32 in the UEFA cup. I know there are plenty on here that would not accept him but he does have a good record in the SPL.

As for GS, i dont think he has ever done that much in his managerial career without pots of money?

Sammy7nil
With the voices of dissent growing with each passing performance i found tonight that i got to thinking about who would we bring in to replace CC should he get the chop.

Michael O'Neill has been touted on these boards often enough but i doubt very much he would make the move to Easter Rd and i realised that after i had ruled him out in my head that i could actually think of no-one!!

FWIW I have always thought that CC would turn us around and have always had confidence he would do something but even my good nature is starting to get stretched, i think if we are in the same position after the sequence of games we have coming up in Sept then we really have to evaluate where we are going.

So, i thought i would put it to the forum and ask for peoples thoughts on who exactly it is we would get to replace and who would and would not come within the fabled "penny pinching" bargain bucket that RP is often accused of shopping in for his managers!?

Mr O'Neill would walk on broken glass to get the Hibs job it would a Big mistake to offer the job to a young and relatively inexperienced manager. We are a shambles and need gutted from top to bottom.

nortonhibby
11-09-2011, 10:07 PM
and
Mr O'Neill would walk on broken glass to get the Hibs job it would a Big mistake to offer the job to a young and relatively inexperienced manager. We are a shambles and need gutted from top to bottom.

in CC WE Trust then:confused:

Viva_Palmeiras
11-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Gary Mcallister
Ray Wilkins

Wilkins?! Millers "jumping the shark moment" - where in the end he contributed not much and completely misjudged the episode with the rangers fans iirc acknowledged them more than his paymasters
If Ian Murray isnt forgiven not a snowballs chance
In hell would "butch" get forgiven I reckon.
Why would he come here?

FitbaFolkKen
11-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Wilkins?! Millers "jumping the shark moment" - where in the end he contributed not much and completely misjudged the episode with the rangers fans iirc acknowledged them more than his paymasters
If Ian Murray isnt forgiven not a snowballs chance
In hell would "butch" get forgiven I reckon.
Why would he come here?

I would disagree that Ian Murray isn't forgiven, he's just had a testimonial at the club. Although the low crowd was clearly affected by the fact he hasn't been a lifelong servant. Plus we're rubbish too which won't have helped!

If he got results people wouldn't care less who he was. I think it is very unlikely he would come but someone in that mould that has worked in big clubs and could use our facilities effectively. He might fancy it he might not, no idea!

Name only popped into my head as he was on sky earlier and his analysis is always pretty good.

thebakerboy
12-09-2011, 06:51 AM
Cannot see Michael O'neill leaving Shamrock Rovers until they are out of Europe so that would be Christmas at the earliest maybe just in time for the January sales and what we do not need is another turn round in players just someone to knock this lot into shape. And as for swapping Calderwoods (apart from saving money on the sign on the managers door) I think I just about prefer the Calderwood Inn in Bonnyrigg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Jimmy
12-09-2011, 07:02 AM
Billy Davies? An annoying wee *****, but would get a rocket up the under performing charlatens we currently have ....!

Spike Mandela
12-09-2011, 07:05 AM
It's difficult to think of anyone who could do a worse job than CC. unless I became manager of course:greengrin

we are hibs
12-09-2011, 07:08 AM
i really want collins back at hibs but it wont happen , if anyone i think petrie would go the cheap option and get garry bollan from Livingston

Cropley10
12-09-2011, 07:20 AM
I don't hear any dissenting voices, Mark Donald has been ridiculed on here for wanting to dissent - but I do see thousands of empty seats and honking football.

FWIW Mowbray and Collins came out of left-field, as did CC. Mixu and Yogi were appointments that, over time, have been described as the 'fans' choice' - even though there were plenty who wanted neither at the time.

We'll get the next manager we deserve, nothing more, nothing less. We know nothing about appointing managers IMHO.

The Falcon
12-09-2011, 07:40 AM
We are not in a good place but we do have a huge amount of alternatives. Some of the other manager's mentioned regularly wouldn't touch us with a bargepole unless they had a pile of cash to spend (Strachan and Davies spring to mind). I'm not sure Michael O'Neil is tough enough to take the gash that goes with this job, that's beside the fact that if he was considered up to it in the first place.

The safest mentioned so far is Jimmy Calderwood, sadly.

I think we will tough it out till Christmas and re-evaluate then.

heretoday
12-09-2011, 08:02 AM
The Tango Man is coming (see left).

Mickey Edwards
12-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Looks like Kenny Shiels would generate income by getting bums back on seats at the very least , having seen what he demands of his players . Of all the feasible {cheap , willing to come} options I think he would be the most likely to make a trip to ER entertaining again. I'm not going back having shelved the season tickets x 3 already this year then spur-of-the-moment forking out £46 yesterday to witness what was amateur level technique in the main.

Dashing Bob S
12-09-2011, 08:40 AM

Seriously doubt that now, I believe that ship has sailed. MO'N will be looking to land a championship job at least on the back of getting a club with a .5 mill turnover into the group stages of European competition. If he's any sense he won't touch ER with a bargepole.

stokesmessiah
12-09-2011, 09:05 AM
I don't hear any dissenting voices, Mark Donald has been ridiculed on here for wanting to dissent - but I do see thousands of empty seats and honking football.

FWIW Mowbray and Collins came out of left-field, as did CC. Mixu and Yogi were appointments that, over time, have been described as the 'fans' choice' - even though there were plenty who wanted neither at the time.

We'll get the next manager we deserve, nothing more, nothing less. We know nothing about appointing managers IMHO.

Really???

You only have to click on a couple of threads on here to hear them, plenty of people have lost their patience with CC and want him gone now.

bobbyhibs1983
12-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Really???

You only have to click on a couple of threads on here to hear them, plenty of people have lost their patience with CC and want him gone now.

i think Cropley10 point regarding Mark Donald was he Mark Donald was atleast doing something that alot of people on here thought was stupid.
If plenty of people have lost patience with cc what are they gonna do about it?
continue to go alone sit there and or support the team?may i say if whoever goes to the games and supports the team then fair enough.

It's like saying i dont like having a pink t shirt, you have choice to wear it or bin it, i know its not as simple as that with hibs but, if you are unhappy with things then there are 2 options do something about it or continue with what you are doing.May i say this is not aimed at you stokesmessiah and its more in a genral fashion, so please dont feel like im having a dig at you, if i did im sorry.

Cropley10
12-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Really???

I read plenty on here, I hear nothing at Easter Road. But as I said, Mark Donald was ridiculed on here for trying to protest.

Dissenting on internet message boards might be described as virtual dissenting, which won't achieve much, if anything IMHO.

People at ER are still being patient I'd say with Calderwood, hoping that things will improve.

stokesmessiah
12-09-2011, 11:19 AM
I read plenty on here, I hear nothing at Easter Road. But as I said, Mark Donald was ridiculed on here for trying to protest.

Dissenting on internet message boards might be described as virtual dissenting, which won't achieve much, if anything IMHO.

People at ER are still being patient I'd say with Calderwood, hoping that things will improve.

I must of imagined the Boo's yesterday??

Keith_M
12-09-2011, 11:45 AM
The protest part is a difficult one to judge whether it's a good or bad idea. For some reasons I'm not keen, e.g. I'm not convinced the board will listen and they could still argue it's too early in the re-building to judge how CC's doing. I think what they will listen to (I hope) are the numbers of people that are so disenchanted they've just stopped going.

Although I've now moved away permanently, I offered to pay for my Dad's Season Ticket as I've done for the last four years. The fact that he turned down the offer of, essentially, a free Season Ticket says an awful lot about watching Hibs.