PDA

View Full Version : Callum Booth

ronaldo7
11-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Nice to see Callum given a wee rest.

If any of the coaching staff are looking in, can you please take him aside and tell him to stop turning back inside, as he nearly always loses the ball. It nearly cost us today and it has in the past. Apart from that part of his game, he's a star in the making.

Mikey
11-09-2011, 08:17 PM
He did get caught out badly right enough. And it was immediately after he'd turned one of their guys inside out.

One occasion when a hoof up the park is acceptable :greengrin

ronaldo7
11-09-2011, 08:32 PM
I've been watching him for a while now M, and it's become part of his game. He needs to cut it out or there'll come a time where it's more than the ball we just lose.

Mikey
11-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Yep, down in the corner isn't the place to be trying that. He's got youth on his side though so I'm sure he'll be fine.

smurf
11-09-2011, 08:49 PM
I thought it was a mistake to drop him. We had no attacking threat whatsoever down the channels.

Booth has made a couple of pricely errors but as have others. Why do weak managers always take the easy option of dropping kids? Mixu was the same with Hanlon...

Big Frank
11-09-2011, 08:52 PM
I thought it was a mistake to drop him. We had no attacking threat whatsoever down the channels.

Booth has made a couple of pricely errors but as have others. Why do weak managers always take the easy option of dropping kids? Mixu was the same with Hanlon...

disagree. A wee rest every once in a while for him just now. Do him the world of good. Young players, taking a dip in form and starting to make more and more errors, it can get to them, ala spoony.

hibeenicol
11-09-2011, 09:06 PM
is this a wind up?

ronaldo7
11-09-2011, 09:16 PM
is this a wind up?

LancashireHibby
11-09-2011, 09:28 PM
He did get caught out badly right enough. And it was immediately after he'd turned one of their guys inside out.

One occasion when a hoof up the park is acceptable :greengrin

Thought he kind of got lucky with the bounce for the first player and didn't have the awareness (or communication from other players?) that there was someone right in front of him. I think we still have to be careful with Booth in terms of him 'burning out'. Don't forget he's still a young lad and learning his trade, though I wish some of his more experienced team mates had the same foresight to test out Aberdeen's dodgy keeper!

nortonhibby
11-09-2011, 09:37 PM
is this a wind up?

it has to be:flag:

Calvin
11-09-2011, 10:43 PM
I agree. When we don't have a left winger I feel that it's important to have an attacking full back. Murray would be an acceptable choice if Galbraith was employed at left midfield.

matty_f
11-09-2011, 10:50 PM
I think the correct decision was made with starting Murray instead of Booth. I thought Murray's experience helped in the back four, though we did lose out in an attacking sense as we missed Booth's surges forward.

That said, Aberdeen's best spell in the game came once Booth was on the pitch and we looked likely to concede as the game drew to it's conclusion.

Booth is a cracking player, with a very bright future ahead of him. It certainly won't have done him any harm to have taken a break from the starting line-up today.

PISTOL1875
11-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Callum Booth -- left midfield..

smurf
11-09-2011, 10:57 PM
I think the correct decision was made with starting Murray instead of Booth. I thought Murray's experience helped in the back four, though we did lose out in an attacking sense as we missed Booth's surges forward.

That said, Aberdeen's best spell in the game came once Booth was on the pitch and we looked likely to concede as the game drew to it's conclusion.

Booth is a cracking player, with a very bright future ahead of him. It certainly won't have done him any harm to have taken a break from the starting line-up today.

However, all their attacks were in the main on our right hand side.

matty_f
11-09-2011, 11:00 PM
However, all their attacks were in the main on our right hand side.

Yep, so either the tactic was effective or Aberdeen didn't play as expected. He brought Booth on later anyway, which was the right thing to do as well, IMHO. I think if Booth had started, Aberdeen would have been much more focused on attacking our left hand side.

Seveno
12-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Callum Booth -- left midfield..

I'm convinced that is where he will end up. He has too much skill and vision to be squandered at LB.