PDA

View Full Version : Another fine mess Rod

Leith Green
11-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Well here we are showing no real sign of improvement on last seasons shambles, if anything we look worse to be honest. Crowds worryingly dropping to below 9k and thats including a decent 1000 -1200 Dons fans making up the 8700 crowd... For the life of me I cannot understand why Petrie kept Calderwood when approached by Forest, The guy quite clearly has been a terrible flop and we are going to end up paying big money to get rid of him probably sooner rather than later.

Rod Petrie surely can't get away with yet another massive failing without falling on his sword, How many terrible appointments is he allowed? How many cheap options will he be allowed to appoint? How can he be allowed to carry on making shocking desicions that cost our club lots of money when they are inevitibily sacked and paid off..

He has failed time and again to get footballing desicions anywhere near right, the farce with him Collins and the greeting faced unprofessional poor excuses for football players, him undermining the manager by meeting players behind Collins back show exactly how out of touch he is with the footballing side of things. If what I'm told is correct which I believe it to be he has also constantly undermined two other manager before Calderwood by players going direct to Petrie because they are not happy with the manager and in some instances the manager doing or saying something they didnt want to do.

I reckon we need to open our eyes and realise that with Petrie at the club we are going to constantly be in this state, there has got to be a change to personnel at board level and our management team as it stinks from top to bottom, how come we always seem to have the unfittest and most uncommited set of players in the spl? Well Collins tried to do something about it and look what happened when he did..

Cropley10
11-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Well here we are showing no real sign of improvement on last seasons shambles, if anything we look worse to be honest. Crowds worryingly dropping to below 9k and thats including a decent 1000 -1200 Dons fans making up the 8700 crowd... For the life of me I cannot understand why Petrie kept Calderwood when approached by Forest, The guy quite clearly has been a terrible flop and we are going to end up paying big money to get rid of him probably sooner rather than later.

Rod Petrie surely can't get away with yet another massive failing without falling on his sword, How many terrible appointments is he allowed? How many cheap options will he be allowed to appoint? How can he be allowed to carry on making shocking desicions that cost our club lots of money when they are inevitibily sacked and paid off..

He has failed time and again to get footballing desicions anywhere near right, the farce with him Collins and the greeting faced unprofessional poor excuses for football players, him undermining the manager by meeting players behind Collins back show exactly how out of touch he is with the footballing side of things. If what I'm told is correct which I believe it to be he has also constantly undermined two other manager before Calderwood by players going direct to Petrie because they are not happy with the manager and in some instances the manager doing or saying something they didnt want to do.

I reckon we need to open our eyes and realise that with Petrie at the club we are going to constantly be in this state, there has got to be a change to personnel at board level and our management team as it stinks from top to bottom, how come we always seem to have the unfittest and most uncommited set of players in the spl? Well Collins tried to do something about it and look what happened when he did..

He's not going anywhere, unless you've got the money to buy him out (etc. etc. etc).

jonty
11-09-2011, 08:02 PM
He's not going anywhere, unless you've got the money to buy him out (etc. etc. etc).
On the contrary - I think he'll be going sooner that later :greengrin
The stadium is complete, the training facilities (a requirement by many previous managers) has been built and in use.
What else is there for him to do?

He's passed over many of his duties to SL and FH so we have someone else to blame now.

No longer will it be PETRIE!! :grr:, it should be LINDSAY!!! :grr:

nortonhibby
11-09-2011, 08:03 PM

To be fair to RP We have a quality stadium unlike the rusting PBS We own our own acadamy unlike the PBS Lot and we have no debt i salute RP For this.

but we have a useless manager RP Lets be honest YOGI was better ( and he never had a clue ) RP seems to soldier on with this Dud CC We know you got offered money to take CC of your hands HARD CASH but you turned it down:confused:

Kaiser1962
11-09-2011, 08:05 PM

It actually looks like he's taking less to do with things but, generally, you are right.

However if his duties are being picked up by others happy days are ahead, surely?

Cropley10
11-09-2011, 08:06 PM
To be fair to RP We have a quality stadium unlike the rusting PBS We own our own acadamy unlike the PBS Lot and we have no debt i salute RP For this.

but we have a useless manager RP Lets be honest YOGI was better ( and he never had a clue ) RP seems to soldier on with this Dud CC We know you got offered money to take CC of your hands HARD CASH but you turned it down:confused:

We have plenty of debt.

Owning all these assets means nothing if we dont have a team on the park. I'm looking forward to this team gelling.

Kaiser1962
11-09-2011, 08:06 PM

Did he though?

Kaiser1962
11-09-2011, 08:07 PM
We have plenty of debt.

Owning all these assets means nothing if we dont have a team on the park. I'm looking forward to this team gelling.

We do and that's sometimes missed in all this.

Leith Green
11-09-2011, 08:07 PM

Petrie doesn't own Hibs Farmer does, he appently has a ten per cent stake in the club which presumably Farmer could buy back. If his autocare business was being run so poorly in such important areas such as recruitment and customer service then I bet he wouldnt hesitate in getting shot of whoever was making the bad desicions.. Im not wanting Farmer or Hibs to spend money they dont have, just want them to get people on board who have a far better understanding of the football side of things.

jonty
11-09-2011, 08:09 PM
We have plenty of debt.

:rolleyes: So you keep saying.
We have debt, but the majority is mortgage based.
We have a team on the park. At least, they're a decent team on paper. Actually - you're right. we have 11 individual professional (?) football players on the park. not a team at all.

Something stinks at hibs and its in the changing room - not the boardroom.

Leith Green
11-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Did he though?

According to Petrie Hibs were approached by Nottingam Forest, Hibs turned them down. This was part of Petries statement that ripped John Hughes and conveniently decided to focus on six results out of 30 to suit his stance on keeping Calderwood... You would think he would have learned from Bobby Williamsons horrible reign, style of football and subsequent exit..

Saorsa
11-09-2011, 08:15 PM
We have a team on the park. At least, they're a decent team on paper. Actually - you're right. we have 11 individual professional (?) football players on the park. not a team at all.

Something stinks at hibs and its in the changing room - not the boardroom.:hmmm: :wink:

Cropley10
11-09-2011, 08:17 PM

Something stinks at hibs and its in the changing room - not the boardroom.

Aren't you looking forward to this team gelling...? I mean if they do - then it's hey ho and away we go.

Most people on here thought the idea of a protest was borderline heretical, as the manager needs more time to get players fit and playing well together. If things don't improve in the next 5 games then changes will surely have to be made.

I happen to agree that the Board have backed CC, he appears to have replaced non-functioning smaller players with non-functioning taller ones. Surely they can't be as bad as they look currently:confused:

Kaiser1962
11-09-2011, 08:20 PM
According to Petrie Hibs were approached by Nottingam Forest, Hibs turned them down. This was part of Petries statement that ripped John Hughes and conveniently decided to focus on six results out of 30 to suit his stance on keeping Calderwood... You would think he would have learned from Bobby Williamsons horrible reign, style of football and subsequent exit..

My understanding is that we did turn them down outright and never got as far as discussing a fee, despite paper talk to the contrary.

nortonhibby
11-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Did he though?

well it seems yes from Forset and Birmingham this has caused us no end of problems as i heard that without these advances CC Was toast.

RP Seen the hard cash on offer which swayed him to hold out for more money as RP Would do we all understand that RP is a cash profit driven man.

RP Is now like a man who was offered a million for his house and turned it down at peak market price, the market has now crashed but RP wants full price:confused:
In the mean time we suffer as RP Fiddles but Rome Burns.

Leith Green
11-09-2011, 08:23 PM

Why the comparrison with Hearts, don't care what or where they play, I care that the club I love has become total shambles thanks to a series of terrible desicions.. Our support is waning and a big part of that is because people have had enough of the way the club is being run..

Kaiser1962
11-09-2011, 08:25 PM
well it seems yes from Forset and Birmingham this has caused us no end of problems as i heard that without these advances CC Was toast.

RP Seen the hard cash on offer which swayed him to hold out for more money as RP Would do we all understand that RP is a cash profit driven man.

RP Is now like a man who was offered a million for his house and turned it down at peak market price, the market has now crashed but RP wants full price:confused:

I dont think there is any doubt that Forest approached Petrie and were promptly told to get tae. There was a lot of talk about Birmingham but I am not so sure either got as far as offering money.

Northernhibee
11-09-2011, 08:33 PM
The issue that I have is that we're in a position where financially, Scottish Football is up **** creek without a paddle.

This is a time where prudence should be paying off. We should theoretically be really, really good just now as the players we have on the deals we've offered are fantastic and we have experience of running a football club on a shoestring budget, but we're dead last!

It all makes no sense.

jonty
11-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Aren't you looking forward to this team gelling...? I mean if they do - then it's hey ho and away we go.

Most people on here thought the idea of a protest was borderline heretical, as the manager needs more time to get players fit and playing well together. If things don't improve in the next 5 games then changes will surely have to be made.

I happen to agree that the Board have backed CC, he appears to have replaced non-functioning smaller players with non-functioning taller ones. Surely they can't be as bad as they look currently:confused:
I think a lot of fans who have decided that chopping and changing the manager wasnt they way to go, have set a deadline for CC. My personal deadline will be after we've played everyone once (end of october). then i'll be calling for his head.
And I hope everytime the team runs out that they've gelled. On paper his signings have been better than the previous couple of managers but then thats the hibs curse. We've had plenty of 'on-paper' quality players who have managed nothing better than an average spell with us.
It's always been a complete mystery to me in what the manager gets to see during the week (and i'm going back more than the last half dozen managers) because we sure as hell dont see it on the park at the weekend.

IWasThere2016
11-09-2011, 08:38 PM
The issue that I have is that we're in a position where financially, Scottish Football is up **** creek without a paddle.

This is a time where prudence should be paying off. We should theoretically be really, really good just now as the players we have on the deals we've offered are fantastic and we have experience of running a football club on a shoestring budget, but we're dead last!

It all makes no sense.

No sense .. Like a new stand with no fan base to justify it. Or prioritised over the team? A fundamental error IMHO.

jonty
11-09-2011, 08:43 PM
No sense .. Like a new stand with no fan base to justify it. Or prioritised over the team? A fundamental error IMHO.

The cost of the stand was a fraction of what we've paid to underperforming primadonas over the past 4-5 years.
We'd have just squandered the money on more of the same.
Even spending the stand money in one season wouldnt guarantee us success and it wouldnt last.

Scottish football is crap. end of.

Kaiser1962
11-09-2011, 08:46 PM

You may well be right. A 20,000 seater stadium when figures available suggest we are never going to fill it, having only topped an average of 15k once in the last 50 years, and 14k thrice in that time. It could be argued that they were showing ambition when completing the stadium, and I realise there were other issues involving planning and the like, but hindsight is showing that, even when we are doing well, the support is not there. The folk turn out for the Hampden final's but McLeish was right, sadly.

stubru59
11-09-2011, 08:50 PM

Whether we were offered hard cash for CC is immaterial. But it does look increasingly likely we'll end up up paying hard cash to get rid of him.

And all this for a manager who reputedly offered twice to resign. Quite simply, you couldn't make it up.

IWasThere2016
11-09-2011, 09:04 PM
The cost of the stand was a fraction of what we've paid to underperforming primadonas over the past 4-5 years.
We'd have just squandered the money on more of the same.
Even spending the stand money in one season wouldnt guarantee us success and it wouldnt last.

Largely conjecture .. We'll never know. The fact is the new stand and East Mains for that have brought no added value to the team, quality of football or silverware. Them's the facts.

nortonhibby
11-09-2011, 09:10 PM
its like you wanted rid of a bird and some idiot wanted to pay you
Whether we were offered hard cash for CC is immaterial. But it does look increasingly likely we'll end up up paying hard cash to get rid of him.

And all this for a manager who reputedly offered twice to resign. Quite simply, you couldn't make it up.

This fact is the spanner in the works lets be honest we all knew he was a dud in January and the fact that RP Got offered money for him :confused:

jonty
11-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Largely conjecture .. We'll never know. The fact is the new stand and East Mains for that have brought no added value to the team, quality of football or silverware. Them's the facts.
Conjecture? given the spending of managers over the past 5 years i'm 100% confident it would have been spent on mr below-average.

The stand wont help things on the park. its there for bottoms on seats.
East Mains was necessary to have proper training facilities for 'professionals'.

What it does go to show is that training on parks and public areas did no harm to the hibs players over the years. They might have missed the odd session when it was washed out, but largely its worked. Unprofessional, but worked. We're kidding ourselves if we thought EM would generate a new golden generation of superkids.

Ones that could run around for 90 minutes would do me.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-09-2011, 09:13 PM
We have everything in place apart from the product. Other businesses that were run the same are now not businesses, but templates that are used for lessons learned exrcises.

hibeenicol
11-09-2011, 09:16 PM
**** the hearts

nortonhibby
11-09-2011, 09:19 PM
We have everything in place apart from the product. Other businesses that were run the same are now not businesses, but templates that are used for lessons learned exrcises.

sorry mate i have been home and away for over 20 years the fare on the park now, well you compare im not saying its over but lost intrest would be by words season tickets for me and my 5 kids :confused: no more you are having a laugh Man City are the main interest with my kids.

Kaiser1962
11-09-2011, 09:32 PM

East Mains is the bit thats disappointing in that I would think it's unlikely that the players, the ones we sign anyway, will have had a better facility. Other than those who began at a big club in England. It should be making poor players better and at least making us better organised but that dosent seem to be the case.

Collins used it and, while he had good ideas and good pedigree we went backwards. Mixu the same. Yogi, who talked a good (great?) game, after a brief flurry, then deteriorated at a rate of knots. And CC was an established Scotland international who had a decent record in the English lower leagues.

snooky
11-09-2011, 09:41 PM

It all makes no sense.

Spot on, NH.
The pain endured when getting a handle on our debt well before other clubs should be bearing fruit now.
You would have thought we would be in a position to offer quality players tempting contracts and outbid the non-OF clubs.
If ever there was a time for a half decent side to ride the surf it's now.
Alas, we're stuck in Davy Jones' Locker. :boo hoo:

RIP
11-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Rod has taken a back seat. We have 2 new incumbents to blame now. Can't see Petrie's exit fixing what's wrong with our style of play. It's that style of play that's driving folk away.

nortonhibby
11-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Spot on, NH.
The pain endured when getting a handle on our debt well before other clubs should be bearing fruit now.
You would have thought we would be in a position to offer quality players tempting contracts and outbid the non-OF clubs.
If ever there was a time for a half decent side to ride the surf it's now.
Alas, we're stuck in Davy Jones' Locker. :boo hoo:

we are down to around 3k die hards Now for next season in a 21k stadium one man to blame RP 120K PER YEAR

BEEJ
11-09-2011, 09:58 PM
we are down to around 3k die hards Now for next season in a 21k stadium one man to blame RP 120K PER YEAR
Season tickets for 2012/13 on sale already, are they?

:greengrin

nortonhibby
11-09-2011, 10:09 PM

in RP we trust:flag:

snooky
12-09-2011, 06:18 PM

For what Division?