PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen support

Alfred E Newman
11-09-2011, 07:09 PM
What a tremendous turn out from the travelling Dons fans again today, despite of the fact that they are as equally bad if not worse than we are.
We left the ground along with the Aberdeen fans and they are as much in despair at the state of their club as we are with ours. One said they thought it was a disgrace the way both clubs have been allowed to sink to their present level and I have to agree with him.
Given the fan base the two clubs have, Scottish football can ill afford to have Hibs and Aberdeen struggling at the foot of the league.

Leith Green
11-09-2011, 07:16 PM
What a tremendous turn out from the travelling Dons fans again today, despite of the fact that they are as equally bad if not worse than we are.
We left the ground along with the Aberdeen fans and they are as much in despair at the state of their club as we are with ours. One said they thought it was a disgrace the way both clubs have been allowed to sink to their present level and I have to agree with him.
Given the fan base the two clubs have, Scottish football can ill afford to have Hibs and Aberdeen struggling at the foot of the league.

Yeah thought they had a decent crowd down, has to be said though didnt hear them singing once, same for ourselves.. Hibs v Aberdeen games are normally a really good atmosphere but its evident in both our supports that things are far from good... On todays viewing fans of both clubs should really really worried for our futures... Apathy has kicked in big time

Hibs Class
11-09-2011, 07:59 PM
I thought they had a poor support today. Considering how many "ex-pats" of folk now living in the central belt they have I was surprised at how few of them there were and how quiet they were.

Hainan Hibs
11-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Tremendous :faf: .

Decent turnout I'll give you, but poor compared to what they used to bring down, which says a lot about the current state of both teams. Hibs Aberdeen used to be a very big game, today had a League Cup 3rd Round tie feel about it.

Alfred E Newman
11-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Tremendous :faf: .

Decent turnout I'll give you, but poor compared to what they used to bring down, which says a lot about the current state of both teams. Hibs Aberdeen used to be a very big game, today had a League Cup 3rd Round tie feel about it.

Over a thousand visiting fans to watch that dross is tremendous in my eyes.

Jack
11-09-2011, 09:07 PM
I think it was a tremendous effort.

LancashireHibby
11-09-2011, 09:26 PM

Whereas my crumb of comfort when leaving the crowd was that at least Aberdeen are just as bad as we are!

Don't think anyone can knock their support today. Regardless of 'central belt' fans etc, there's no way there'd be 1,000 Hibs fans there if today's game was at Pittodrie.

Hamish
12-09-2011, 07:42 AM

:agree:

green&left
12-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Whereas my crumb of comfort when leaving the crowd was that at least Aberdeen are just as bad as we are!

Don't think anyone can knock their support today. Regardless of 'central belt' fans etc, there's no way there'd be 1,000 Hibs fans there if today's game was at Pittodrie.

They've taken 1500 odd to Hibs and Hearts then 3 weeks later struggled to take 400 to Motherwell and Parkhead and 200 to Killie etc. Kinda proves that their 'central belt' fans do greatly boost their numbers in Edinburgh.

Shows how bad travelling supports are in Scotland when 1000 is deemed 'tremondous'. 3000 would be tremondous, 1200 was just good.

hibsbollah
12-09-2011, 10:56 AM
They've taken 1500 odd to Hibs and Hearts then 3 weeks later struggled to take 400 to Motherwell and Parkhead and 200 to Killie etc. Kinda proves that their 'central belt' fans do greatly boost their numbers in Edinburgh.

Shows how bad travelling supports are in Scotland when 1000 is deemed 'tremondous'. 3000 would be tremondous, 1200 was just good.

It was only 5 years ago when we took 7500 to Ibrox for that Cup game. Almost the total attendance for the entire ground yesterday for a vital category A league match. Changed times.

Rory89
12-09-2011, 11:06 AM
It was only 5 years ago when we took 7500 to Ibrox for that Cup game. Almost the total attendance for the entire ground yesterday for a vital category A league match. Changed times.

Back then we used to bring brilliant away supports. If you turned up late at Fir Park you were often hard pushed to find seats in a two tiered stand, we'd always take over Almondvale and if you wanted tickets for derbies at Tiny Tynie you had to go and freeze your balls off in a big line at 8am because they'd sell out in one morning. Now there isn't a home or away game around that you couldn't get tickets for the day beforehand.

People I know who support different teams like to take the piss out of our current support and I admit that irritates me a bit. Hibs should be a club with a good home and away support, and tbh I'd love to see what crowds other clubs would get if they went from near the top of the league to bottom in 18 months.

sunshine1875
12-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Unless things change, I think I witnessed two of the three teams that will be fighting the relegation battle this season. The other being ICT, who have lost to both teams! That said, I have not seen United and St Johnstone, so they could be as bad as the three I have mentioned above.