PDA

View Full Version : Referee

R'Albin
11-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Sorry if there is another thread on this, but he was absolutely woeful today. He didn't let the game flow at all and his decision to book Osbourne (ours) was dreadful.

Jonnyboy
11-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Sorry if there is another thread on this, but he was absolutely woeful today. He didn't let the game flow at all and his decision to book Osbourne (ours) was dreadful.

He had a worse game than the teams and that about sums him up

Albion Hibs
11-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Thought he was very poor, dont know who it was for sure, looked like O'Reily. He was constantly blowing up for nothing, poor bookings at like most other officials in the league has no idea where a free kick, or throw in should be taken from, seems to be if you are within 10m it is good enough for the SPL officials.

Hibs Class
11-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Thought he was very poor, dont know who it was for sure, looked like O'Reily. He was constantly blowing up for nothing, poor bookings at like most other officials in the league has no idea where a free kick, or throw in should be taken from, seems to be if you are within 10m it is good enough for the SPL officials.

It was O'Reilly. I thought Ivan's booking was harsh, I know he booked Osbourne for persistent fouling but I didn't think the one he was booked after was a foul, and I thought Palsson won the ball when he was booked. O' Hanlon cannot have any complaints but the ref did seem lenient towards them. Even when he was warning players he was quite theatrical about it - just a quiet word in passing would have sufficed.

Capt Mainwaring
11-09-2011, 07:37 PM

It was dreadful, and to make matters laughable, motioned that Osbourne had made 1 -2 -3 - 4 fouls before. Anyone that watch Osbourne would tell you that he hasn't made that many tackles in total since he joined Hibs!!!

ronaldo7
11-09-2011, 07:44 PM
The guy needs to go back to ref school and learn all about letting the game flow, and giving time before blowing that effin whistle.

He also needs to learn that the game is about the teams and not him.

2/10

matty_f
12-09-2011, 08:42 AM
The Osbourne booking was farcical, it was a really good tackle never mind a free kick or a booking. Never got a good look at Sproule's booking, but it was pretty much his only foul in the game and so he was a touch unlucky to pick up a yellow for it. O'Hanlon won't have any complaints about his booking though.

Some of the decisions the ref made were horrendous, and his decision to refuse to play any kind of advantage, ever, was nonsense as well. Also, in the second half one of the sheep worriers did a clear dive, but the ref decided he was going to ignore the rule about that being a bookable offence.

The West Stand linesman was worse. He really was clueless.:agree:

hibsbollah
12-09-2011, 09:00 AM
It wasnt just his decisions; his attitude and lecturing the players with the whole finger pointing, im the boss kind of body language just got my goat all afternoon.

A real traffic warden of a man.

Geo_1875
12-09-2011, 09:20 AM
He spoke to 4 Aberdeen players after fouls yet had the yellow card out before he'd finished whistling for every Hibs booking. Total arse.