PDA

View Full Version : "We're in this together"

Northernhibee
11-09-2011, 05:04 PM
I mind vividly the tache's message on the fishy site after our dreadful run of form in the winter, finishing off with how "we're in this together".

It's wearing thin to the point of threadbare. We've got minute attendances, we're not getting anywhere in terms of performances and we're bottom of the SPL.

Can the club drop this "we're in this together" pish? It's spin - if you're not attending games then "You're no a real Hibee" it would seem - it's tough to see where it's worth spending £22+ for the product we are receiving from a manager who doesn't give a ****. I have to spend another £30 on travel to get to home games, plus the cost of any food and drink when down there. A very expensive day out too often followed by a disappointing journey home.

It was the same with the "Every penny spent on season tickets will be spent on the team" spin - in other words, if you don't buy your tickets, then it's you at fault for the team not winning and getting top class players.

Let's cut the spin, let's cut trying to deicde who is a real Hibee and who isn't. Let's focus on finding out the real problems within our football club and getting them sorted.

No more of the spin - Petrie, CC - you are on your own in turning this around and if it fails, you know where the finger of blame will be pointed.

GGTTH (sooner rather than later)

wearethehibs
11-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Sorry to be an arse but its "together we are stronger"

I just wish there was some sort of football being played that would make fans want to come and watch. Today was so bad.

greenlex
11-09-2011, 07:08 PM
I mind vividly the tache's message on the fishy site after our dreadful run of form in the winter, finishing off with how "we're in this together".

It's wearing thin to the point of threadbare. We've got minute attendances, we're not getting anywhere in terms of performances and we're bottom of the SPL.

Can the club drop this "we're in this together" pish? It's spin - if you're not attending games then "You're no a real Hibee" it would seem - it's tough to see where it's worth spending £22+ for the product we are receiving from a manager who doesn't give a ****. I have to spend another £30 on travel to get to home games, plus the cost of any food and drink when down there. A very expensive day out too often followed by a disappointing journey home.

It was the same with the "Every penny spent on season tickets will be spent on the team" spin - in other words, if you don't buy your tickets, then it's you at fault for the team not winning and getting top class players.

Let's cut the spin, let's cut trying to deicde who is a real Hibee and who isn't. Let's focus on finding out the real problems within our football club and getting them sorted.

No more of the spin - Petrie, CC - you are on your own in turning this around and if it fails, you know where the finger of blame will be pointed.

Northernhibee
11-09-2011, 07:19 PM

Going to add anything constructive, or just act like a fud waving his arse in the air happy to accept all the bull**** that the 'tache expects the support to?

jonty
11-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Going to add anything constructive, or just act like a fud waving his arse in the air happy to accept all the bull**** that the 'tache expects the support to?

Considering that Scott Lindsay and Fife Hyland are in charge and the slogan was together we are stronger, how about a constructive moan rather than petty name calling?

Captain Trips
11-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Regardless of what was said, the club has had 3 managers in 5 seasons, just finished 10th, had an overhaul and looks as bad as before, together we are stronger without this board and manager, what a shambles they are all making.

They have made several statements over last few years and by their own standards fell well short. Really is time that STF saw what Hibs can and should be at what they are and got rid of the current board and manager, signing players for 6,12mths is a major downfall and shows no long term aims something the board sanction.

Northernhibee
11-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Considering that Scott Lindsay and Fife Hyland are in charge and the slogan was together we are stronger, how about a constructive moan rather than petty name calling?

Just as petty to argue over who came up with a slogan when our football club is falling apart.

Y'know, I wonder what the point will be before more Hibees kick up a stink about what's happening to our club. Will it be at the halfway point of the season and we're still dead last? Will it be when home crowds drop below 5,000? Will it be when we're relegated? Further?

What I suggest is that Petrie steps back from anything football related with the club, and just becomes an accountant for us. He's prudent, yes, but can't pick a manager for **** and whose business decisions have decimated our team and left us with a shiny new stadium which so far has been a bit of a white elephant seeing as how we're lucky to half fill it for a game nowadays.

Get in a director of football who will be responsible for decisions that affect the team on the pitch. Have a clear area of responsibility for making sure that we have the right personel to drive the team forward. Real accountability.

Any Hibees who have their sense will be letting the likes of Petrie and Calderwood know that all eyes are on them to turn this around - the Hibs fans have done their part by being as vocal as you can be in the stands despite some shocking performances. We've done our bit, the spin's run thin and we (or at least most of us) realise where we should be pointing the finger of blame at - those who have decimated our team for white elephants such as a new stand we can't fill, or state of the art training facilities which clearly aren't improving the team.

The two men who should have all the pressure in the world put upon them are getting away with it easy - and (most of us) only have ourselves to blame.

jonty
11-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Just as petty to argue over who came up with a slogan when our football club is falling apart.

Wont bother with the rest of the post as you clearly think that I dont give a toss about the club.

I'm not argueing over who came up with the slogan. The slogan you mentioned was wrong. The person you're blaming is wrong.

Other than that I agree with most of your OP but at least point the finger in the right direction and stop taking it out on fellow fans.

Northernhibee
11-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Wont bother with the rest of the post as you clearly think that I dont give a toss about the club.

I'm not argueing over who came up with the slogan. The slogan you mentioned was wrong. The person you're blaming is wrong.

Other than that I agree with most of your OP but at least point the finger in the right direction and stop taking it out on fellow fans.

Wasn't really taking it out on you as such, just get the feeling that too many Hibs fans don't give a **** and think that just staying away is enough.

It's not.

It's going to take a Network style "I'm as mad as hell" moment to turn this club around, and there's just far, far too much apathy amongst the support in general to really make a change just now.

People like greenlex who would rather take the piss out of those who are angry and do want to see change are a part of the problem. It'll dissuade those from making an effort to protest, or make a noticable, tangible impact that the board will notice - like the bloke who created the protest or not, he did enough to get a meeting with the board. I'm interested in hearing anyone who has ideas of what we should be doing with the club. 'Together we are stronger' is true - pointing and laughing at those who want to see change without contributing anything themselves only serves to divide and frankly the clubs support is stronger without people who seek to divide.

The time for protesting is right now - for ****s sakes, let's not get ourselves making the same mistake we did with Duffy and realise that every single game more we stick with Calderwood is another game closer to relegation. We have shown the same flat, awful form since the start of pre-season with absolutely no signs of improvement.

After that, we should set our sights on Petrie. He was beneficial for a while, but awful decision making and hopeless recruitment decisions have left us impotent on the pitch.

sesoim
11-09-2011, 08:38 PM

Y'know, I wonder what the point will be before more Hibees kick up a stink about what's happening to our club. Will it be at the halfway point of the season and we're still dead last? Will it be when home crowds drop below 5,000? Will it be when we're relegated? Further?

What I suggest is that Petrie steps back from anything football related with the club, and just becomes an accountant for us. He's prudent, yes, but can't pick a manager for **** and whose business decisions have decimated our team and left us with a shiny new stadium which so far has been a bit of a white elephant seeing as how we're lucky to half fill it for a game nowadays.

Get in a director of football who will be responsible for decisions that affect the team on the pitch. Have a clear area of responsibility for making sure that we have the right personel to drive the team forward. Real accountability.

Any Hibees who have their sense will be letting the likes of Petrie and Calderwood know that all eyes are on them to turn this around - the Hibs fans have done their part by being as vocal as you can be in the stands despite some shocking performances. We've done our bit, the spin's run thin and we (or at least most of us) realise where we should be pointing the finger of blame at - those who have decimated our team for white elephants such as a new stand we can't fill, or state of the art training facilities which clearly aren't improving the team.

The two men who should have all the pressure in the world put upon them are getting away with it easy - and (most of us) only have ourselves to blame.

All good points, which I've made myself on many occasions. I think Petrie will "step aside" soon. CC wont last more than a fortnight. Farmer owns the club, and if I owned something worth over £20M that's turnover had nosedived in recent years I'd be getting involved pronto.

There will be moves at the top soon.

nortonhibby
11-09-2011, 09:23 PM

what would Edward Turnbull think off this mess:confused:

FitbaFolkKen
11-09-2011, 09:47 PM
I've never understood why Petrie gets such a hard time when he has relinquished a lot if the responsibility he did have to others? He owns 10% of our club I think, if that's the case then surely he is absolutely gutted at recent events andI would think we will see some form of reaction should things not improve.

Before anyone thinks I'm sticking up for them im not impressed with recent events, just saying I can't see someone with such an investment not acting in their perceived best interests of the club.

Kaiser1962
11-09-2011, 09:53 PM
All good points, which I've made myself on many occasions. I think Petrie will "step aside" soon. CC wont last more than a fortnight. Farmer owns the club, and if I owned something worth over £20M that's turnover had nosedived in recent years I'd be getting involved pronto.

There will be moves at the top soon.

I doubt its worth anywhere near that. Even then if you subtract the debt, mortgages and the money that has been paid out by the holding company to develop the stadium and purchase the club in the first place, it will be a long way short of £20m. IMO.

There is already movement at boardroom level.

RIP
11-09-2011, 09:54 PM
What I suggest is that Petrie steps back from anything football related with the club,

Any Hibees who have their sense will be letting the likes of Petrie and Calderwood know that all eyes are on them to turn this around

Mate - have you been sleepwalking through all the recent changes at the club? Petrie's not running the club - that's Hyland. Lindsay is the Director that's looking after the football side. He has the perfect qualification - he's an accountant :-)

IWasThere2016
11-09-2011, 10:08 PM
I doubt its worth anywhere near that. Even then if you subtract the debt, mortgages and the money that has been paid out by the holding company to develop the stadium and purchase the club in the first place, it will be a long way short of £20m. IMO.

There is already movement at boardroom level.

Makes the Board's take home pay even more staggering. Falling value, 2m operating loss (could be higher?), nae cash in a shrinking market place - in which we have a poor product and an ailing market-share .. Poor leadership, strategy, recruitment etc - not worth a fraction of their remuneration IMHO. Still in RP we trust :faf:

Northernhibee
11-09-2011, 10:09 PM
J
Mate - have you been sleepwalking through all the recent changes at the club? Petrie's not running the club - that's Hyland. Lindsay is the Director that's looking after the football side. He has the perfect qualification - he's an accountant :-)

The current slippery slope started with Petrie backing the players over JC imo - and I very much doubt his voice now carries no influence within the club whatsoever.

Either way, we need a football minded person on the board to deal with football related issues.

Kaiser1962
11-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Makes the Board's take home pay even more staggering. Falling value, 2m operating loss (could be higher?), nae cash in a shrinking market place - in which we have a poor product and an ailing market-share .. Poor leadership, strategy, recruitment etc - not worth a fraction of their remuneration IMHO. Still in RP we trust :faf:

I think if we were unusual then there would be a case against the board but we're not. The bank have just gobbled up the David Goodwillie transfer fee at Dundee United despite their recent on field successes and they are reporting attendances and ST sales down quite dramatically as well.

I suspect you are right in that we will have lost more than £2m this season. That said there is only one reason why the bank are not all over us as well.

Kaiser1962
11-09-2011, 10:18 PM
The current slippery slope started with Petrie backing the players over CC imo - and I very much doubt his voice now carries no influence within the club whatsoever.

Either way, we need a football minded person on the board to deal with football related issues.

Oh lordy :rolleyes:

Northernhibee
11-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Oh lordy :rolleyes:

JC rather - so used to commenting on CC's ****ups that it's become second nature.

It was a spectacular misjudgment on Petrie's behalf and entirely changed the balance of power at the club. The two most powerful groups in that club became the board and the players - note the absence of the manager within that equation.

You can't tell me that's not a disasterous result. Unhappy with being dropped, your level of training etc? Make enough noise and there's always the chance you'll get your way.

Peevemor
11-09-2011, 10:32 PM
It was a spectacular misjudgment on Petrie's behalf and entirely changed the balance of power at the club. The two most powerful groups in that club became the board and the players - note the absence of the manager within that equation.

You can't tell me that's not a disasterous result. Unhappy with being dropped, your level of training etc? Make enough noise and there's always the chance you'll get your way.

Except it didn't happen.

Kaiser1962
11-09-2011, 10:36 PM
JC rather - so used to commenting on CC's ****ups that it's become second nature.

This is just nonsense. Sorry.

CropleyWasGod
11-09-2011, 10:37 PM
J

The current slippery slope started with Petrie backing the players over JC imo - and I very much doubt his voice now carries no influence within the club whatsoever.

No he didn't.

IWasThere2016
12-09-2011, 06:00 AM

RP approves everything and has complete control. SL etc are his puppets. He even has the scouts reporting to him and not the manager ..

The Falcon
12-09-2011, 06:15 AM
RP approves everything and has complete control. SL etc are his puppets. He even has the scouts reporting to him and not the manager ..

As a club Hibs must employ a proper set of wimps because we are told, time and again, that all decisions have to be approved by Rod. Why would Lindsay or Hyland work under those circumstances? And the managers who dont get to sign their own players.

Are you saying that that the manager has no idea who is being scouted and does not identify the scouting targets?

IWasThere2016
12-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Are you saying that that the manager has no idea who is being scouted and does not identify the scouting targets?

No - but the scouts report back to RP before the manager - from chief scout himself. RP is in total control.

The Falcon
12-09-2011, 06:28 AM
No - but the scouts report back to RP before the manager - from chief scout himself. RP is in total control.

So does CC not speak to the chief scout?

Spike Mandela
12-09-2011, 07:00 AM
I feel the position we are in is the entirely predictable and reasonable consequence of the decision to build the new stand. Not a criticism just a view based on what tends to happen to clubs who invest in their stadium in the immediate few years after.

The board took the calculated risk to build the stand when prices of construction were low in the hope that Hibs would still have enough funds and ability in youth ranks to keep the team ticking over at mid table level. You could argue that they have done this but I always felt that we had a few years ahead of struggling along the bottom when the team clearly needed a major rebuild of quality.

I dont think the board anticipated just how low the depths were we would sink to but I am sure they expected CC to make a better job of it than he has and will undoubtedly be making big decisions in next few weeks.

Ray_
12-09-2011, 07:01 AM
As a club Hibs must employ a proper set of wimps because we are told, time and again, that all decisions have to be approved by Rod. Why would Lindsay or Hyland work under those circumstances? And the managers who dont get to sign their own players.

It wouldn't the first time that senior managers/directors have been totally dominated in the boardroom, that's the way the large organisation that owns Scotland's top selling daily newspaper was run for years!

IWasThere2016
12-09-2011, 11:19 AM
It wouldn't the first time that senior managers/directors have been totally dominated in the boardroom, that's the way the large organisation that owns Scotland's top selling daily newspaper was run for years!

And much easier when one is the co-owner :wink:

greenlex
12-09-2011, 02:58 PM

Nope My view on things Calderwood and board are clear for all to see on other threads. I posted what I did because your memory was so vivid you used David Camerons Tory party mantra we're in it together. You also not only got the slogan completely wrong you have failed to keep up with who does what on the board and within the club. So sorry if I hurt you feelings but you are an easy target.
You think I dont care about Hibs? Get over yourself.
If the time comes for protest and there is something to protest about I will be there just like the last time. the notion of me taking the piss out of anyone on here would dissuade someone from protesting is actually quite laughable.

IWasThere2016
12-09-2011, 03:02 PM

You're no listening - that's different to reporting lines :wink:

Septimus
13-09-2011, 07:54 AM

The Chief Scout is far too busy pitching the tents and digging the latrines to speak to anyone.

The Falcon
13-09-2011, 07:58 AM
You're no listening - that's different to reporting lines :wink:

Oh, I thought for a minute that by reporting to Rod you were suggesting that there was something sinister going on and that somehow the manager was being undermined, or had no say in the clubs scouting.