PDA

View Full Version : What do we do at training?

3pm
11-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Can one of the boys in the know please let me know?

I also read on another thread the other day we do double training sessions. No danger.

MountcastleHibs
11-09-2011, 04:35 PM
From the look of that team today, not a lot. It was like Calderwood, Evans and Stevenson had gone out to the street, picked 11 guys and put them on the park. They're not playing like a team. It's almost as if they've never met each other and never trained together.

Saorsa
11-09-2011, 04:40 PM

I also read on another thread the other day we do double training sessions. No danger.Double sessions of bingo or play station tournaments at the east mains leisure complex

Bishop Hibee
11-09-2011, 04:43 PM
We had a free-kick towards the end and the ball was played to Towell and he punted it over the bar from 35 yards. We'd just brought Sodje on. Why wasn't the ball played wide for a cross? One example of how poor we were today.

Both teams were awful and look to be stick-ons for a relegation dogfight. I can't see CC being at ER for much longer unless things turn around quickly.

Septimus
11-09-2011, 04:45 PM

I also read on another thread the other day we do double training sessions. No danger.

Snooker?

steviehibsleith
11-09-2011, 04:46 PM

I dont think all the problems can be laid at the feet of training. Too be a good professional footballer today you have to be a athlete also the question is are these players treating there bodies correclty - food sleep drink to enable them to do the training at the highest level.
Im afraid going out drinking even once a week which we know happen is not good enough.
Steven Dobbie was a fat pie at hibs and admitted he ate Mcds after training and didnt do enough away from the training ground - now dedicated and 2 stones lighter he is a differnt player.

Golden Bear
11-09-2011, 04:47 PM
AS each game progresses, it's becoming more and more obvious that CC hasn't a scooby doo but at the same time some of the players need to take a long hard look at themselves. Quite honestly some of them should be on the minimum wage because they can hardly describe themselves as professionals.

Northernhibee
11-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Practising really ****ing ***** post match interviews?

Bostonhibby
11-09-2011, 05:04 PM

Ar*e about until the pubs open? Not that bothered any more, I can honestly say this is the worst I have felt about the club for a long time.

thekaratekid
11-09-2011, 05:05 PM
we definitely don't do any shooting at training

Capt Mainwaring
11-09-2011, 05:59 PM

Maybe better to ask what they don't do at training? From on field evidence this season

Practice throws that involve ball retention
Set plays that involve putting the ball into a dangerous area
Good communication between the back four and goalkeeper
Midfielders pushing up and squeezing the play when we are not in possession
Midfielders pushing up and passing either wide or through the channels when we are in possession

We do seem to be well drilled however in punting aimless long high balls up to our forwards time and time and time again. Certainly looks like they practice that!

woody47
11-09-2011, 06:10 PM
From the way they were blowing out of their erses today I think East Mains is just a figment of our imagination. It is a joke the money that has, supposedly, been spent on this training centre when we were actually fitter and better when we played on any park we could find in the past.
It is about time that the players were banned completely from going out and hitting the pubs and clubs as from the look of these so called professional athletes, I am fitter than them.
Absolute disgrace to call themselved professionals.

Dinkydoo
11-09-2011, 06:39 PM
A lot of the players actually looked hungover to me. Sproule in particular looked like utter ***** - his play wasn't much better either.

I'm really getting fed up with Hibs now. It doesn't seem to matter how many players we bring in or who we have in the manager's position these days, we're crap week after week.

I don't know what the answer is.

Stevie Reid
11-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Just asked the same thing on the first thread I went on, didn't see this - a question that I asked several times thoughout today's game.

Franck Stanton
11-09-2011, 06:49 PM
We certainly didn't look fit, perhaps with the exception of Griffiths we were almost always second to every 50-50 loose ball. We have no one in midfield that is creating any openings for the forwards and we weren't even organised that well. Sad sad days.

thebakerboy
11-09-2011, 06:52 PM
There is one thing we have actually improved on over the last few games and that is our back 4 holding the line and catching opposing strikers offside , not something I ever remember Hibs being good at except under Bertie Auld. Suspect this is O'Hanlons influence and doubt if it's anything to do with the "Management Team" , because the rest of the organisation is p<$s poor.

marleyhib
11-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Bongs

3pm
11-09-2011, 09:05 PM
How much does EM cost to run? It can't be money well spent (based on the current group).

chrisski33
11-09-2011, 09:25 PM
By the looks of things- nothing!

LancashireHibby
11-09-2011, 09:32 PM
We had a free-kick towards the end and the ball was played to Towell and he punted it over the bar from 35 yards. We'd just brought Sodje on. Why wasn't the ball played wide for a cross? One example of how poor we were today.

And even then Towell had no idea that he was going to get the ball until he looked up to see the ball a yard away from his feet. There were several incidents were short passes were misplaced simply because of a lack of communication/awareness and generally being familiar with each other's patterns of play, which is surely why they train together?! It's like they're only just learning to play the game rather than being professionals of their craft. Park players can pass the ball ten yards to their own team mates better than some of our current side, and that's before we get on to any sort of tactical awareness (ie STOP HUMPING THE BALL IN THE AIR AND HOPING FOR THE BEST!!!)