PDA

View Full Version : Protest

just_joe
11-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Any news on the "protest"? Im guessing there is nothing due to nothing being posted about it. Mark Donald your an idiot.

Jack
11-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Lets see what anyone reports back before we call anyone an idiot. Even it was my first thought =-O

greenlex
11-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Passed at 2.15. No one there. Hope the sun take pics and run a ful backpage story tomorrow.

Andy74
11-09-2011, 01:58 PM
The protest that matters is noticeable though. Hardly anyone here.

Thomson
11-09-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm sure i just heard the commentator on bbc saying there was only one person there and that he was arguing his case on his own!!! :greengrin

oconnors_strip
11-09-2011, 02:53 PM
The 6 of them sat on the wall then dispersed about 2pm. Not one shout or protest at all! I had to tell the photographer there was no point in hanging about as they had all gone :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
11-09-2011, 02:56 PM
An idiot in as much as he actually cares what's happening. Around 8-10,000 don't, according to the crowd numbers.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-09-2011, 03:15 PM
It might not have happened today, but, it'll surely happen soon.
Sadly, there are many things amiss down ER these days.

Phil MaGlass
11-09-2011, 03:33 PM
If ur gonnae protest, surely after this game would be the time, how bad is this game.

Spike Mandela
11-09-2011, 07:47 PM
The protest was cancelled as organisers agreed to a meeting with the board.

I had nothing to do with the protest but find it strange that there is such little appetite for a protest as I can't remember support being at such a low ebb at ER.

How bad does it have to get before Hibs fans say enough is enough.

Saorsa
11-09-2011, 07:53 PM
The protest was cancelled as organisers agreed to a meeting with the board.

I had nothing to do with the protest but find it strange that there is such little appetite for a protest as I can't remember support being at such a low ebb at ER.

How bad does it have to get before Hibs fans say enough is enough.I think some have, that's why they dinnae turn up tae games. I think that will be the clearest message tae this board when the crowds get lower and lower.

Hibernia Na Eir
11-09-2011, 08:41 PM
worryingly, attendances appear to be gettin smaller and smaller.....

1two
11-09-2011, 08:47 PM
If ur gonnae protest, surely after this game would be the time, how bad is this game.

It was before the game cos mark donald's ma said he was to be home for tea at half 5.

jonty
11-09-2011, 08:50 PM

this weekends figures from the BBC

Hibs v Aberdeen

Celtic v Motherwell

Dundee Utd v Rangers

ICT v Hearts

Killie v Dunfermline

St Mirren v St Johnstone

I think its across the board, not just us :agree:

ronaldo7
11-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Posted by MD on Facebook.

Met today with rod Petrie & fife hyland the general summary is as expected in the sense that they back the manager 100 percent and it is cc that makes all decisions with the team etc and also they back him when cc said in the paper that we have a winning team. It is also cc that does not wish to have another assistant manager and once again the board back that. They refused to comment on how long they are going to give cc. The latest is I emailed fife after the game to suggest that himself and Petrie hold a q & a session at Easter road to give the fans the chance to be heard and also get answers he emailed me back and said that he will be back in touch with in the next few weeks as they are going to announce supporters forums so he will keep me informed with that.

just_joe
11-09-2011, 09:02 PM

Met today with rod Petrie & fife hyland the general summary is as expected in the sense that they back the manager 100 percent and it is cc that makes all decisions with the team etc and also they back him when cc said in the paper that we have a winning team. It is also cc that does not wish to have another assistant manager and once again the board back that. They refused to comment on how long they are going to give cc. The latest is I emailed fife after the game to suggest that himself and Petrie hold a q & a session at Easter road to give the fans the chance to be heard and also get answers he emailed me back and said that he will be back in touch with in the next few weeks as they are going to announce supporters forums so he will keep me informed with that.

can you direct me to the facebook page please?

DaveF
11-09-2011, 09:03 PM

Great - More forums :rolleyes:

magpie1892
11-09-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm sure i just heard the commentator on bbc saying there was only one person there and that he was arguing his case on his own!!! :greengrin

David Begg (Radio Scotland) was sat diagonally behind me and that's what he said. He was with Billy Dodds and Craig Paterson co-commentating. Dodds laughed at this, Paterson looked a bit embarrassed.

ronaldo7
11-09-2011, 09:08 PM
can you direct me to the facebook page please?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/136108729810297/?notif_t=group_activity

Newhaven
this weekends figures from the BBC

Hibs v Aberdeen

Celtic v Motherwell

Dundee Utd v Rangers

ICT v Hearts

Killie v Dunfermline

St Mirren v St Johnstone

I think its across the board, not just us :agree:

If this question was asked on Friday night I bet many could have predicted the average attendance across the SPL (apart from hibs) as Killie, St Mirren and ICT rarely get above 4-4500 unless the OF come calling or a big cup game comes up.

Hibs getting sub 9k for a game against Aberdeen is poor and whilst there are problems with crowds everywhere surely we must have one, if not the biggest drops in crowds :confused:

ronaldo7
Great - More forums :rolleyes:

Just thought some folk might want to know how the lad got on today.:aok:

Ferryhibby
11-09-2011, 09:09 PM
there was a big protest.........everyone who couldnt get in coz of this stupid season card

just_joe
11-09-2011, 09:09 PM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/136108729810297/?notif_t=group_activity

No serious whats the real group lol

Newhaven
11-09-2011, 09:11 PM

AGM in October ticks that one off

cabbageandribs1875
12-09-2011, 12:25 AM

yep, and just how many of those no longer attending will find alternative things to do with there time and money...lost to the game forever :agree:

IWasThere2016
12-09-2011, 05:53 AM
AGM in October ticks that one off

Has a date been confirmed? I would expect CC'ss away before it (ala Hughes) as this makes things slighter easier to the Board with no spine!

DaveF
12-09-2011, 07:50 AM
Just thought some folk might want to know how the lad got on today.:aok:

Comment was not a dig at you (or the protest guy). Merely a fed up, overly sarcastic reply to the board's reaction :greengrin

Mind you, they were hardly going to tell the protester their true feelings were they, so a supporters forum was probably the best answer he could expect!

ronaldo7
12-09-2011, 08:48 AM
Comment was not a dig at you (or the protest guy). Merely a fed up, overly sarcastic reply to the board's reaction :greengrin

Mind you, they were hardly going to tell the protester their true feelings were they, so a supporters forum was probably the best answer he could expect!

:agree: A wee cup of tea, and nice to see you.