PDA

View Full Version : OF guilty of stifling Development again?

Viva_Palmeiras
11-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Can someone confirm
Was it not the uglies that were against the reserve league as it cost them too much?
Just makes me wonder if this was another calculated ploy by them.
So we see that we are having to farm folks out rather than have them as a group developing an understanding together
So if my recollection is correct was it another cynical moveby them to disrupt those developing homegrown academies ?
I know they can't be blamed for everything but I'm just sceptical of these two

stokesmessiah
11-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Can someone confirm
Was it not the uglies that were against the reserve league as it cost them too much?
Just makes me wonder if this was another calculated ploy by them.
So we see that we are having to farm folks out rather than have them as a group developing an understanding together
So if my recollection is correct was it another cynical moveby them to disrupt those developing homegrown academies ?
I know they can't be blamed for everything but I'm just sceptical of these two

If memory serves me correctly Hibs were also in favour of scrapping the reserve league.

Since90+2
11-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Was it not the other way around? From what I remember they two wanted to keep it (probably as they have bigger squads) but the majority of the other clubs wanted it scrapped as it was costing them too much.

BroxburnHibee
11-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Don't think hibs wanted it scrapped

Rod petrie said it was a mistake a few months ago

Viva_Palmeiras
11-09-2011, 03:01 PM
wow I thought the reserve league was something that was feted by the SPL and something that was a pre-requisite. Changed days. Is closing it a false economy I wonder?

The_Sauz
11-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Rangers were first too say they were pulling out, then Aberdeen/Motherwell/Dundee Utd/Celtic soon followed. Hibs/Hearts/ A N other (Killie I think) were the only clubs that wanted it to continue :agree: